What's new

Dark Souls REMASTERED Discussion (OUT NOW!)

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I really hope I can remember one of my old builds, at least, the armor I had. It looked good, but it also gave me the right amount if poise AND was perfect equip load. I know at least one of the pieces was a hollow piece, and I think the helmet might’ve been the gargoyle helm, but not sure.

Really interested to see how the network test is. Will we have free roam of the entire game? I doubt it since it was only like 3GB’s, must be limited to a couple of areas. But are we at the beginning, already SL120, etc? Never done one of these before so idk what to expect.
It will probably just be PvP in the undead burg.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Well the only problem I have with DS1 PvP is backstabs being too good. That plus poise (which I love poise, real poise, DS1 poise) makes the backstabs just that much better. But like, if you’re getting ganked, you can’t really do many setups or really play your game. Obviously in duels it’s fine, but fighting gankers in DS1 is extra difficult because of that reason. Shit in a duel at SL 120 or so you can pretty much use whatever weapon or build you want and do well with it. But invasions, for me, were almost never a 1v1 unless it was a fight club or something.

Anyway, to change topics a bit, what were your favorite or go to builds? My main 3 ones were MLGS, Claymore and a Katana build. The MLGS/Claymore, again to me, have some of the best dead angles in the game. Also the fact that you get the Claymore so early makes it that much more fun and easier to make a build around.
I had 3 favorite builds - one straight quality build, using any weapon, though almost always rep'ed the longsword unless I was going full tryhard in which case I would probably us something like the baldur side sword. One faith caster build, with emit force and WotG, sniping with emit force was hilarious. One int/pyro build with the MLGS, would sit as a human in the forest hunter area so I COULD get ganked with this one.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
One thing is for certain, I am going to really miss all the materials I had left over from the bottomless box glitch days...
That reminds me, I wonder if the souls dupe glitch will still be in the game. I highly doubt it, since it’s stupidly easy to do, but it’d be nice not having to farm in DS1 once again.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
So I'm not at all impressed with From. They are removing Prepare to Die edition from stores.

This means all new purchases of the game will be forced into the community of the newer game, putting an artificial timer on the lifespan of PTD edition which did not need to be there.

It also means no more modding, which is a big one for PC players, and also no more PVP watchdog, have to go downgrade to the shitty DS3 anti-hack detector.

While on the flipside, the amount of positive changes in this edition mounts up to what is basically a patch for most other game.

And then they have the nerve to charge $20 for it?

If you are going to delete the old game from steam, this edition should be free for existing customers. By all means charge for it if you are going to leave the old game intact, but as it stands, this is basically a $20 patch for people who already own the game.

Fromsoft can eat a big fat dick for this one

Last edited:

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I'll be jumping into this after playing Bloodborne and realising "well shit, guess this is my favourite game of all time now". Can't even really get into any other games at the moment because I just want it to come out.

The PC version drives me up the wall, even with DSFix on, so for better or worse this version will be my first real experience with the game.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I had a gladiator themed quality build using broadsword/partizan, both had pretty unique movesets for the type of weapons they were.
Always liked the long sword better than the broad sword, but I did really like having access to the heavy sweep R2's when one handing the broad sword.

I played a little bit today and so far I am not impressed with the dedicated server. It's great to play the Classic again, but I think the novelty will fade away and we will have a broken online again. I hope they sort it out in time and actually do something about its netcode.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I played a little bit today and so far I am not impressed with the dedicated server. It's great to play the Classic again, but I think the novelty will fade away and we will have a broken online again. I hope they sort it out in time and actually do something about its netcode.
But it isn’t out yet?

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
you wrote "9pm EST, 6pm PDT" and I was just cracking a joke about you switching D for S in est.

D is daylight savings time (the summer) and S is standard time (the winter). I make the mistake all the time so I thought i would just point it out for fun. Swing and a miss on my part.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
you wrote "9pm EST, 6pm PDT" and I was just cracking a joke about you switching D for S in est.

D is daylight savings time (the summer) and S is standard time (the winter). I make the mistake all the time so I thought i would just point it out for fun. Swing and a miss on my part.
Oh, well guess what... I didn’t even know that, LOL. It just said 6 pm PDT on the thing I read. I’m legit gonna look like an idiot, idc, but I didn’t even know that was a thing with PDT vs PST, haHAA.....

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's live, bro. I played a bit already. You get like five load outs everyone seems to run the black knight kit to invade.
Yeah I played it. Whoever put out the times had to be super high.

Anyway, so far I actually hate it. Like besides the PvP, the game feels super clunky for some reason. Not really sure what they did, but the game just doesn’t feel as responsive as the original. I also don’t really like how it looks. It reminds me of how Fortnite mobile looks compared to console. It’s kinda hard to explain. But the main issue is the apparent clunkyness. Also, was the medium roll ever a thing in the OG Dark souls? I only remember there being the quick roll and the heavy roll, but maybe I’m confusing it with another game.

Not very good first impressions so far, but we will see if my opinion changes. Literally only ran into only one person so far.