What's new

Cyrax Post Patch Technologies, A Short Combo Video I Made.

Liu_Kang

Noob
Tony, i still can´t do the second bomb in the combo. It simply don´t get out. Even with your "dash tip".

I do dash ~"123" perfectlly timing to the mid bomb, but after this, the second (near) bomb don´t get out :(

Tom Brady said:
all the cyrax data in the patch didnt get uploaded in the patch. sometime after the patch has been released everywhere, all the data will be uploaded and all of cyrax's guaranteed resets will be removed.
After read this TB post, i start thinking: I´m european and the patch appeared here a few days ago, it is possible that i already have the "data" on my patch?

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Grrr, i had my friend over today and we did some exstensive testing with the new reset i found. Unfortunately it IS escapable by an EX wakeup attack and some other way wich i wont mention yet. Im gutted. It means ill have to change a few combos around. It doesnt effect my vid that much, but it is annoying.
Its still an amazing setup and the mixups from it are crazy! im still going to add some of the setups from in my vid. not all is lost.

i hope what maxter has is different then what i had.
sigh... that shit always happens to me lol. Think i find something and when i test it, it's escapable by anything lol.

Don't have a doubt in my mind that what you came up with will be sick though. I have an unescapable corner reset that i'll unveil when he's fully patched with net resets gone and everything.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
sigh... that shit always happens to me lol. Think i find something and when i test it, it's escapable by anything lol.

Don't have a doubt in my mind that what you came up with will be sick though. I have an unescapable corner reset that i'll unveil when he's fully patched with net resets gone and everything.
good stuff Caraecrika! look foward to that.

Ive redone some testing on my one and if done correctly it is only escapable by an enhanced move or xray, and its not easy for them to do!

Its probably good news that it is escapable, they may just leave it in (i hope). Noobs and scrubs are going to get owned by it.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Why do you lot look for unescapable resets when you're already sitting on one of the best characters in the game without them?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Why do you lot look for unescapable resets when you're already sitting on one of the best characters in the game without them?
Im a combo artist not a competitive player. searching for new and unseen stuff is what i do. Ive been doing this sort of thing for more then 10 years.

Fighting games arent just for competitive players anymore, ive watched them evolve beyond that. Fighting games are also a playground for artists to show off there work, and there is plenty of us out there.

kandehbar

The Gryphon
then show us your art. We will be waiting

and why not have broken things, gives you more options to do stuff

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
and why not have broken things, gives you more options to do stuff
Inescapable resets arent an 'option to do stuff' it just takes away from the depth of the character, especially Cyrax sinces theres like 1 million ways to kill somebody with him and not use resets. The resets pretty much reduce the effort in using him, nobody can dodge every single net that gets shot out, get hit by 1 and you lose at least 60%.

Certain broken things arent that bad, like Ermacs old 22 lift or Cages F32nutpunch, because they didnt end a round.

I look at Cyrax as a thinking mans character, resets dont take brain power just a little bit of muscle memory.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
The resets pretty much reduce the effort in using him
Thats true for the old resets pluss the new net resets, but not the 2 incoming resets. One of the new ones will get abused, but people will find away around it. Its not easy to make it work and the second one is so incredibly hard im 99.9% certain you will never see it in a match.

Once they patch the new net reset, cyrax will be fine.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Inescapable resets arent an 'option to do stuff' it just takes away from the depth of the character, especially Cyrax sinces theres like 1 million ways to kill somebody with him and not use resets. The resets pretty much reduce the effort in using him, nobody can dodge every single net that gets shot out, get hit by 1 and you lose at least 60%.

Certain broken things arent that bad, like Ermacs old 22 lift or Cages F32nutpunch, because they didnt end a round.

I look at Cyrax as a thinking mans character, resets dont take brain power just a little bit of muscle memory.
I will agree with you that it takes away from the characters depth and it makes him cheap but i'll disagree on what you said about finding stuff, we dont wanna get complacent now would we. Imagine if everyone stuck to the his original BnB till the last patch. People would of found about the resets too late and there wouldnt be a chance to patch him considering this was their last patch.

kandehbar

The Gryphon
competitive players master the TOP caracter to perfection.

play to win not to do "fair" moves
Not nessisarly, most top players play who they feel comfortable and have consistent wins with at high levels, that doesn't always mean that that character is the "top"
But i get what your saying though I hope you dont take this post the wrong way

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Hey tony, i know you're not talking about the new tech till round five's out buttttt... by any chance, does your new tech have to do something with f2?

Sorry if im vague with the description, but i don't wanna give away or spoil anything.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Hey tony, i know you're not talking about the new tech till round five's out buttttt... by any chance, does your new tech have to do something with f2?

Sorry if im vague with the description, but i don't wanna give away or spoil anything.
Ive got some new tech with f+2 but thats not my main one. you wont believe this but i have found ANOTHER new reset just tonight lol!

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Ive got some new tech with f+2 but thats not my main one. you wont believe this but i have found ANOTHER new reset just tonight lol!
Oh thank GOD lol, i found a 50%+ reset with f2 and that got me pumped lol. Lately my creativity has been at an all time high lol i've been finding some crazy stuff.

Man you got me in suspense with all the stuff you've been finding, can't wait for round 5!!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Oh thank GOD lol, i found a 50%+ reset with f2 and that got me pumped lol. Lately my creativity has been at an all time high lol i've been finding some crazy stuff.

Man you got me in suspense with all the stuff you've been finding, can't wait for round 5!!
i think i know what your talking about. Ill send you a pm :)

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
that gives us the inscription "Unblockable"?That is breaking "Net" , the next attack gains the ability to "Unbreakable" or there is a time when the enemy can not put a block?

And yet EX d, f +1 has the property "unblockable" means he "Ubreakable"?
And no one did not answer b 2 (second-hit) too Unbeakable?

spin4u

Noob
Once they patch the new net reset, cyrax will be fine.
lolololololololol..
3 patches and he still has resets... Sorry but this game is getting dumber and dumber with these patches.
looking forward to your video. It is always amazing to see the mechanics of this game

Doku

Noob
Imagine they never fixxed one thing with em then this char wud be so OP by now that id consider making him my tourny char xD

Under the motto if you can't beat em join em xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juro

Noob
Tony, i still can´t do the second bomb in the combo. It simply don´t get out. Even with your "dash tip".

I do dash ~"123" perfectlly timing to the mid bomb, but after this, the second (near) bomb don´t get out :(
I had this problem at first but I found a way to deal with that is to input bb as you finish the 123 combo then hit 4 as the 3 connects and it should work. At least this is what I do and it works 99% of the time with the 1% being input lag from online.

smash

Noob
Tom Brady said:
all the cyrax data in the patch didnt get uploaded in the patch. sometime after the patch has been released everywhere, all the data will be uploaded and all of cyrax's guaranteed resets will be removed.

LOL @ TB

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm still shooting a LOT more blanks than I used to.
Did anyone ever figure out if the hotfix/rest of the patch came through, or am I nuts?
I can't get the mid-bomb resets to work for the life of me...nothing's dropping.