What's new

Cyrax Post Patch Technologies, A Short Combo Video I Made.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I'm still shooting a LOT more blanks than I used to.
Did anyone ever figure out if the hotfix/rest of the patch came through, or am I nuts?
I can't get the mid-bomb resets to work for the life of me...nothing's dropping.
works fine for me. Im hoping the hotfix comes out soon, i want to unleash round 5! its 95% finished!

works fine for me. Im hoping the hotfix comes out soon, i want to unleash round 5! its 95% finished!

Practiceing the 75% one that you say is best to learn. my first time playing cyrax. After the 123 into the bomb, i can't get another bomb to come out so the net pushes him into it for the rest. He just fires a blank. Was this hotfixed?

Juro

Noob
Practiceing the 75% one that you say is best to learn. my first time playing cyrax. After the 123 into the bomb, i can't get another bomb to come out so the net pushes him into it for the rest. He just fires a blank. Was this hotfixed?
Nope, it still works. Posted previously in this thread what I do to make it come out, look for it, think it's on Pg4.

Also noticing that it does not work with Human cyrax ( I thought they normalized the damn costumes?) He can't get the 123 out after the EX bomb.

younghou

Noob
lol yesterday tom brady disrespect maxter cyrax again... it's so funny seehim crying all de stream about freedy, cyrax and finally jax.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
lol yesterday tom brady disrespect maxter cyrax again... it's so funny seehim crying all de stream about freedy, cyrax and finally jax.
Just another day at the office for him... Kinda pisses me off at times when him and sabin say that all cyrax players justify resets when most dont... But lol its funny when he says that with one bar hes only limited to 70% irritating at times but funny

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Also noticing that it does not work with Human cyrax ( I thought they normalized the damn costumes?) He can't get the 123 out after the EX bomb.
He can get the 123 out, but they dont explode on the midbomb.

Human cyrax really is crap compared to robot cyrax. Ive tried doing all kinds of net resets and bomb traps with him and havent been able to get a single one. The recovery after throwing his bombs is to great, pluss his bombs actually travel a little bit further foward more then robot cyraxs bombs. I also think the hit box for his bombs are smaller.

The only pluss things he has is a bigger hitbox for his chest saw and EXchest saw, a bigger hitbox for his xray and a few other minor little things.

I managed to get a 70% midscreen combo with him (no reset), so he can still do some pretty good damage, but his setups are limited when compared to robot cyrax..

What was the combo Maxter did? Looked really neat, I don't think it was a reset, it went something like 21, EXBOMB, ShortBomb?, 3, (let the opponent fall on the bomb and when they wake up it explodes).

That's all I recall.

spin4u

Noob
What was the combo Maxter did? Looked really neat, I don't think it was a reset, it went something like 21, EXBOMB, ShortBomb?, 3, (let the opponent fall on the bomb and when they wake up it explodes).
That's all I recall.
The one your referring to was not a reset. He guessed right. he did an ex bomb, med bomb, 3, the opponent rolled back and got him. The other one I saw him use after that was 21, exbomb, mid bomb, dash, 2, pause, 1, close bomb then net. I assume your talking about when he fought Chris G's reptile in top 8?

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
The one your referring to was not a reset. He guessed right. he did an ex bomb, med bomb, 3, the opponent rolled back and got him. The other one I saw him use after that was 21, exbomb, mid bomb, dash, 2, pause, 1, close bomb then net. I assume your talking about when he fought Chris G's reptile in top 8?
Ummm, that's a reset my friend. As the matter of fact it's what a reset is supposed to be, non-guaranteed damage.

wow...now i really found some broken ass shit : O

Another type of reset...you gotta be fucking kidding me.
And, i may have exaggerated the whole broken ass shit comment there, i did some testing with what i found, and it's not looking as promising as i thought, good and will probably setup some mind games but not an over the top 180% reset. Im sorry if i haven't specified what it is, im just trying to be sure of what i got before i go on saying i found something.

I just bought the game so I'm not in tuned with the lingo you guys use, but what exactly is the definition of a reset?

Isn't a reset a back to back combo you can't escape, such as Cyrax's net, B2, ex bomb, med bomb, 2nd net?

I know the combo spin4u is talking about, Chris G actually rolled on to the bomb, he wasn't forced in to it, so he could have avoided by just waking up or jumping.

Theme

Noob
God damn for the life of me, I cannot get the reset down (75% 1 bar recommended by Tony-T in his post patch video). I can rarely get the 123 to connect into the mid bomb, but when I do occasionally pull it off, the second bomb, the close bomb, will not come out. It comes out as a blank, but sometimes I think its because I do the input too late, so a blank comes out. Is this the reason? Does anyone have any tricks to this? It'd be appreciated.

Edit:

After watching inch by inch, step by step of Tony Ts post patch video, I finally can pop him up, but I still cannot get the blank to come out as close bomb. Any suggestions?

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
God damn for the life of me, I cannot get the reset down (75% 1 bar recommended by Tony-T in his post patch video). I can rarely get the 123 to connect into the mid bomb, but when I do occasionally pull it off, the second bomb, the close bomb, will not come out. It comes out as a blank, but sometimes I think its because I do the input too late, so a blank comes out. Is this the reason? Does anyone have any tricks to this? It'd be appreciated.

Edit:

After watching inch by inch, step by step of Tony Ts post patch video, I finally can pop him up, but I still cannot get the blank to come out as close bomb. Any suggestions?
i have to step forward slightly and pause right before doing the 1,2,3,close bomb part of the combo

Theme

Noob
I got it now, I know what to do, just hard on the execution of close bomb. The movement is supposed to be smooth from 123 into close bomb.

I got it now, I know what to do, just hard on the execution of close bomb. The movement is supposed to be smooth from 123 into close bomb.
That's right. It's has to be a seamless 1,2,3,b,b,4. I know what you mean, sometimes I admire the 1,2,3, to see if it hits before dropping the bomb. You just have to input the b,b,4 pretty much before the animation of 1,2,3 is done.

What I would like to know is when Maxter did his combo he did 1 then 2, but paused between 1 and 2 so it wasn't part of the 1,2,1 string. They came out as separate punches. Watch the video http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/297649631 at the 32:48 mark He had Chris G in the net, then did JIP 2,1, EXbomb, med bomb, then did 1 pause 2. I tried this and it either comes out 1,2 (part of the string) or the 2 just whiffs. Anyone have any ideas how to execute the punches so quickly but separately?

NariTuba

disMember

Edit:

Are you sure you are linking the bomb after 1,2,3? because if you do 1,2,3 and bomb without link it wont come out

I'm certain this is probably known but, I'm going to post it any way.

I get different results sometimes, I don't know why, well, I kind of do. Here's like a 50-53% meterless combo.

JIP 21 Net FF, FF, FF4, 22, U2, B2, 121, AA.

NariTuba

disMember
I'm certain this is probably known but, I'm going to post it any way.

I get different results sometimes, I don't know why, well, I kind of do. Here's like a 50-53% meterless combo.

JIP 21 Net FF, FF, FF4, 22, U2, B2, 121, AA.
This is not guaranteed, different damage according to wether they block the 2,2 or take it.

Theme

Noob
I can get it 40% of the time now in a match against computers. After I practice it a bit more, I'll move onto online to try it there. This is freaking awesome :D