What's new

Cyrax Post Patch Technologies, A Short Combo Video I Made.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Whether or nor it has happened is irrelevant: the fact is that it is possible. No one should ever be put in that situation. And although the 100% variation has not yet been seen, we have seen 75%. I can't remember which tournament it happened at (Devastation?), but i remember that Chris G and Maxter were matched up. Chris G made one mistake and the match was over: he lost 75% of his health. Please tell me how that is not totally and completely devastating. That is every bit as bad as 100%, especially at a high level. Please justify that to me.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Name one tournament where someone lost to a 100% death combo.
this is a fallacy. Sure no one has lost... but I KNOW people change their strategy when playing him. You just CANNOT get hit by a net. Cant. and Cyrax doesn't ever have to break until he might die. No one else has that type of meter advantage in the game.... no one. Not even Shao Khan.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Whether or nor it has happened is irrelevant: the fact is that it is possible. No one should ever be put in that situation. And although the 100% variation has not yet been seen, we have seen 75%. I can't remember which tournament it happened at (Devastation?), but i remember that Chris G and Maxter were matched up. Chris G made one mistake and the match was over: he lost 75% of his health. Please tell me how that is not totally and completely devastating. That is every bit as bad as 100%, especially at a high level. Please justify that to me.
I dont need to justify anything, i have said all along that his inescapable resets are bad. But it would seem you think his escapable traps are too. I say there not. Alot of characters have traps that are escapable, cyrax is no different in this department.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
this is a fallacy. Sure no one has lost... but I KNOW people change their strategy when playing him. You just CANNOT get hit by a net. Cant. and Cyrax doesn't ever have to break until he might die. No one else has that type of meter advantage in the game.... no one. Not even Shao Khan.
You have to change your strategy against every character. this isnt new. If your playing against raiden, do you use the same strat when playing againt cyrax? I would hope not.

What people have to understand is that cyrax is a combo character (even without resets) he does great damage. His biggest strength is his high damage combos.

If your playing againt a good cyrax you need to save your meter for breakers (yes , even if he doesnt use resets) Its not hard to figure out.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I have no problem with his escapable traps. Most characters (mine included) have some set ups and traps that are effective but still fair because you can learn how to counter them. My problem is that you and other Cyrax players are doing whatever you can to keep his overpowered "resets" hidden until the next, and presumably final hot fix. I respect the amount of time and experimenting that you put into your videos. But there is no good reason to keep his other broken stuff hidden, especially since you said that you aren't interested in tournaments. If you released stuff as you found it, Cyrax would probably be much less or not at all broken and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Edit: i don't mean to blame you. Ultimately, it is on NRS to find and fix these things. But with your help, the process can go much faster.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You have to change your strategy against every character. this isnt new. If your playing against raiden, do you use the same strat when playing againt cyrax? I would hope not.

What people have to understand is that cyrax is a combo character (even without resets) he does great damage. His biggest strength is his high damage combos.

If your playing againt a good cyrax you need to save your meter for breakers (yes , even if he doesnt use resets) Its not hard to figure out.
Let me preface this by saying his escapable stuff isn't the issue. It is the resets that you don't agree with either. But I also believe that EVERY Cyrax player that says his damage is fine is just coping out. Even you saying "he does great damage" is such a downplay... he does STUPID damage.

right... but Cyrax changes for no one. Why should he? As long as he has two bars... He can destroy you... So he will NEVER break a combo because he welcomes the meter. What other character can say they won't break two 30% combo's because they know if they land that ONE move... they will basically be set up to win.
I ... hmmm... Since we don't have a version of this character that doesn't have the resets... we can never say much more. He has great normals and great pokes. He has a 60% one bar (stupid... stupid). He just doesn't play by the same rules. He just doesn't have to adjust for anyone, which is silly.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I have no problem with his escapable traps. Most characters (mine included) have some set ups and traps that are effective but still fair because you can learn how to counter them. My problem is that you and other Cyrax players are doing whatever you can to keep his overpowered "resets" hidden until the next, and presumably final hot fix. I respect the amount of time and experimenting that you put into your videos. But there is no good reason to keep his other broken stuff hidden, especially since you said that you aren't interested in tournaments. If you released stuff as you found it, Cyrax would probably be much less or not at all broken and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Edit: i don't mean to blame you. Ultimately, it is on NRS to find and fix these things. But with your help, the process can go much faster.
If it was up to me i would have released round 5 already, but since im using someone elses tech in my video, they requested that i not release it till the hotfix is out. I have to honour that request.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Let me preface this by saying his escapable stuff isn't the issue. It is the resets that you don't agree with either. But I also believe that EVERY Cyrax player that says his damage is fine is just coping out. Even you saying "he does great damage" is such a downplay... he does STUPID damage.

right... but Cyrax changes for no one. Why should he? As long as he has two bars... He can destroy you... So he will NEVER break a combo because he welcomes the meter. What other character can say they won't break two 30% combo's because they know if they land that ONE move... they will basically be set up to win.
I ... hmmm... Since we don't have a version of this character that doesn't have the resets... we can never say much more. He has great normals and great pokes. He has a 60% one bar (stupid... stupid). He just doesn't play by the same rules. He just doesn't have to adjust for anyone, which is silly.
I have to disagree on the adjusting part. If you tell me that a cyrax player doesn't have to adjust for raiden or kabal, i would say you're crazy as hell!

TONY-T

Mad scientist

You do realise that there are other characters with 50% + 1 bar combos right?

kratos, skarlet and smoke to name a few.

Did you know that smoke has a 2 bar 115% inescapable reset combo? And yet everyone picks on cyrax. did you know jax has a 3 bar 130% inescapable reset combo? and yet everyone picks on cyrax.

why arent people over at the smoke board complaining about smokes resets? Smokes resets are way more overpowered then cyraxs. Even without resets he also does ridiculous damage. he has a 54% 1 bar combo and yet no one complains.

Cyrax just seems to be the scapegoat.

Cyrax needs meter to do damage. The most he gets with no meter is around about 37% and yet there are characers like raiden who can get 50% no meter, smoke gets 44% no meter and scarlet gets 50% + with no meter.

sorry but im just getting sick of people complaining about cyrax when there is far more worse stuff to complain about. Fix his inescapable resets and leave him alone. PLEASE

KingShaz

In the Shadows
As i said before,you guys will be the judge...

Im keeping it under wraps cause i may attend a tourney on the 30th and some of the stuff i've found will kinda give away what tony found as well, if i can't make it i'll keep it til the next tourney on nov 15....but trust me, all the things i've found in the last month are going to make people look at cyrax differently. :top:
How much differently can we look at a character that gets 70+% off net?

...but I'm interested in what you have found nevertheless. :coffee:

Did you know that smoke has a 2 bar 115% inescapable reset combo? And yet everyone picks on cyrax. did you know jax has a 3 bar 130% inescapable reset combo? and yet everyone picks on cyrax.

why arent people over at the smoke board complaining about smokes resets? Smokes resets are way more overpowered then cyraxs. Even without resets he also does ridiculous damage. he has a 54% 1 bar combo and yet no one complains.

Cyrax needs meter to do damage. The most he gets with no meter is around about 37% and yet there are characers like raiden who can get 50% no meter, smoke gets 44% no meter and scarlet gets 50% + with no meter.

sorry but im just getting sick of people complaining about cyrax when there is far more worse stuff to complain about. Fix his inescapable resets and leave him alone. PLEASE
If all his BS resets are gone after the patch(along with Jax's 100% corner damage, etc), I'm pretty sure no one will be complaining.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

i'm well aware of all the 50%+ combo's... WELL aware. How many are free because of one move... yeah that would be none. Which btw... that move if used as ex.. can negate a breaker. hah. awesome.
again you can cop out by saying his damage is fine and all that mess... but it isn't, nothing scales from a net. It should.... just like Sub Zero.

btw, i hate the other ones as well... trust me. but i know that 60%... not 50... not 54... 60% one bar is stupid for a character with as many tools as he has. He is a good character beyond his resets... just like Jax and Smoke.

Maxter

Noob

sick and tired of cyrax haters to come to these forums , no offense my bro, as a pro player, playing against other pro players its been proven that damage dont win a game alone, you have characters that can outzone while damaging cyrax and building meter to have guaranteed brakers, also characters that can rush him down build bunch of meters and still always have breakers. i landed that 75 one on chris g for the first time on a tourney, is not easy and is situational, gotta dominate your opponent's meter and mind games also not everytime your opponent will ahve the health to take it,, i can play any good cyrax player and i know how i will beat them with no worries about the damage, if cyrax is too good why dont we see him often on top 8, i got to top 8 using cyrax only once and only once at top 8, btw, johnny cage, sonya, kitana, sektor sheeva, can break the 50% dmg without even using meters, jc 42% plus nut punch and 10% chip dmg is an example, cyrax is limited to 39% dmg the most with no meter, and cant do range dmg if opponent is good at dodging bombs and net, there are bunch of character that break the 50% dmg combos with one meter and i wont get to that right now, kabal can kill opponents with chip dmg and 18% combos, maybe he doesnt need high dmg, also noob saibot can beat you up with only shadow spams, i dont want to educate anyone on this game but you are the kind of people who are ruining this game because you think that you lose to some broken tech, and is not that maybe you are not good at the game and use that as an excuse, cd jr beats my cyrax with 8 diff characters, also cd does, reo does, erik warda does, and so on, cyrax is not invinsible and his combos dont make him invisible, true that if u dont know how to fight him you will lose to any scrubs, stop coming to other forums to complaint against something it doesnt look right and you will be labeled a scrub, whatever technology people find with character unless is not an infinite it should stay because peopel spent their time finding these techs, still without cyrax resets, people will complaint about his dmg no matter what, hope you dont feel offended, just let the game evolve, because if we keep with these buffing and nerfing threads the pro players will stop playing this game is ridiculous what happened to kung lao and raiden already because of people like you, erik warda quit the game because of the crybabies and stupid nrs listenening to the when the one who really hype up this game are tourney players, i'll be quiting soon, if this shit keeps going on also cd jr is thinking about it, stop the fcking crybaby threads, peace

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
sick and tired of cyrax haters to come to these forums , no offense my bro, as a pro player, playing against other pro players its been proven that damage dont win a game alone, you have characters that can outzone while damaging cyrax and building meter to have guaranteed brakers, also characters that can rush him down build bunch of meters and still always have breakers. i landed that 75 one on chris g for the first time on a tourney, is not easy and is situational, gotta dominate your opponent's meter and mind games also not everytime your opponent will ahve the health to take it,, i can play any good cyrax player and i know how i will beat them with no worries about the damage, if cyrax is too good why dont we see him often on top 8, i got to top 8 using cyrax only once and only once at top 8, btw, johnny cage, sonya, kitana, sektor sheeva, can break the 50% dmg without even using meters, jc 42% plus nut punch and 10% chip dmg is an example, cyrax is limited to 39% dmg the most with no meter, and cant do range dmg if opponent is good at dodging bombs and net, there are bunch of character that break the 50% dmg combos with one meter and i wont get to that right now, kabal can kill opponents with chip dmg and 18% combos, maybe he doesnt need high dmg, also noob saibot can beat you up with only shadow spams, i dont want to educate anyone on this game but you are the kind of people who are ruining this game because you think that you lose to some broken tech, and is not that maybe you are not good at the game and use that as an excuse, cd jr beats my cyrax with 8 diff characters, also cd does, reo does, erik warda does, and so on, cyrax is not invinsible and his combos dont make him invisible, true that if u dont know how to fight him you will lose to any scrubs, stop coming to other forums to complaint against something it doesnt look right and you will be labeled a scrub, whatever technology people find with character unless is not an infinite it should stay because peopel spent their time finding these techs, still without cyrax resets, people will complaint about his dmg no matter what, hope you dont feel offended, just let the game evolve, because if we keep with these buffing and nerfing threads the pro players will stop playing this game is ridiculous what happened to kung lao and raiden already because of people like you, erik warda quit the game because of the crybabies and stupid nrs listenening to the when the one who really hype up this game are tourney players, i'll be quiting soon, if this shit keeps going on also cd jr is thinking about it, stop the fcking crybaby threads, peace
I am not one to cry for buffs or nerfs. I am simply asking for something to be fixed- taking away his bs resets are NOT nerfs because they were never meant to be there in the first place. I am all for letting the game evolve and I think the general game mechanics are fine. Are you going to honestly tell me that Cyrax's damage is fine? I am fine with 50%, but anything above 70 is way too much. Most people quit or don't play MK because they don't like the engine or because of things like this: no one wants to work twice as hard to win because of an oversight by NRS. Personally, I don't have that much trouble with Cyrax. But his damage makes the game look horrible. I will always support the game and go to tournaments whenever I can (I have been to 4 already), but MK doesn't have a chance at staying relevant at majors as long stuff like Cyrax and Smoke's resets stay in the game. I never said that he was invincible, just that he has an unfair advantage in just about every matchup do to his damage. You know as well as I do that the difficulty of a combo does not matter at a high level: the players will have it on lock no matter what, and I don't call a midscreen combo situational (Jax is situational.)

TONY-T

Mad scientist
again you can cop out by saying his damage is fine and all that mess... but it isn't, nothing scales from a net. It should.... just like Sub Zero.
Actually it does scale. The most damage he gets from a net is 53%. do the same combo without the net and it does 59% Lol dude you make him sound like he is invincible. last time i looked the net wasnt exactly the fastest projectile in the game.

btw, i hate the other ones as well... trust me. but i know that 60%... not 50... not 54... 60% one bar is stupid for a character with as many tools as he has. He is a good character beyond his resets... just like Jax and Smoke.
You dont think that 50% + with no meter is stupid?

or what about the fact that characters like kung lao can get upto 50% in chip damage over the course of a match?

If he is so good as a character then why hasnt he won any majors yet in the US? Keep in mind that these cyrax players more then likely used high damage resets too.

Dont you think that if he is so overpowered that we would have seen cyrax win all tournaments? you have to ask yourself why this isnt the case.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Maxter's calling...it's the truth on Line 2.

I think the only person thus far to win a Major with Cyrax was Mustard...in Europe...and he didn't even use resets.

Sub-Zero strategy: Don't get frozen.
Kabal strategy: Don't jump, or you eat an iAGB/Dash.
Mileena Strategy: Don't get kicked in the face.
Sheeva strategy: If you see her jump to stop, get the fuck out of the way.
Super Mario World Strategy: When Bowser throws Wind Up Koopas at you, stomp on them and throw them back.

Cyrax Strategy:
STAY OUT OF THE NET.

That's all you have to do.
Stay out of the goddamn Net.
You can dash away from Bombs.
Or you can Jump/Neutral Jump and THEN dash Bombs and land blocking incoming Nets a great deal of the time.
Meter management. Smart movements. Up-front fist fights. Get unorthadox. Get CREATIVE.
If you're playing Raiden, Sektor, Smoke, Mileena, Scorpion, Skarlet, Cyber Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, Rain, Freddy, Nightwolf, Kenshi, or about another 10 people and you know what you're doing, you already have an advantage in having a Teleport, Reflect, Divekick, or other means to avoid/counterstrike the Net Bomb assault.
I've been beaten handily by many Sindels because they knew how to time their jumps and Air Fireballs over my projectiles.
I've been Nut Punched into next week by many Cages because the minute they got in, they knew the mix-ups and specials to throw to properly oppose and defend against anything Cyrax could throw at them.
Don't even fucking get me started on Raiden and Scorpion.
I've been playing Cyrax since the day I picked this game up.
Out of 30-some-odd people in this game, there is nobody I feel more comfortable or have more legitimate skill with.
I'm no Maxter or Mustard, I'm not an expert, not even close, but I can at least put up a fight and show up to a show without shaking in my boots with him.
And it's really starting to kill my buzz that not only is my main mojo maker becoming the pariah of MK when all it takes to beat him is learning how to strategically avoid his projectiles, but now the game and community itself that, at risk of sounding like a total geek, has done me personally a LOT of good to have become a part of at doven into, is really beginning to suffer in spite of the fact that all the bitching and twitching has already gotten this game patched and nerfed to high hell, and people STILL aren't happy =(.
Sub got fucked. Kung Lao got unnecessarily fucked when all that needed tweaking was the Hat.
Who's gonna be next on the block? Kitana? Jax? Rain? It's gotta end somewhere.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Maxter's calling...it's the truth on Line 2.

I think the only person thus far to win a Major with Cyrax was Mustard...in Europe...and he didn't even use resets.

Sub-Zero strategy: Don't get frozen.
Kabal strategy: Don't jump, or you eat an iAGB/Dash.
Mileena Strategy: Don't get kicked in the face.
Sheeva strategy: If you see her jump to stop, get the fuck out of the way.
Super Mario World Strategy: When Bowser throws Wind Up Koopas at you, stomp on them and throw them back.

Cyrax Strategy:
STAY OUT OF THE NET.

That's all you have to do.
Stay out of the goddamn Net.
You can dash away from Bombs.
Or you can Jump/Neutral Jump and THEN dash Bombs and land blocking incoming Nets a great deal of the time.
Meter management. Smart movements. Up-front fist fights. Get unorthadox. Get CREATIVE.
If you're playing Raiden, Sektor, Smoke, Mileena, Scorpion, Skarlet, Cyber Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, Rain, Freddy, Nightwolf, Kenshi, or about another 10 people and you know what you're doing, you already have an advantage in having a Teleport, Reflect, Divekick, or other means to avoid/counterstrike the Net Bomb assault.
I've been beaten handily by many Sindels because they knew how to time their jumps and Air Fireballs over my projectiles.
I've been Nut Punched into next week by many Cages because the minute they got in, they knew the mix-ups and specials to throw to properly oppose and defend against anything Cyrax could throw at them.
Don't even fucking get me started on Raiden and Scorpion.
I've been playing Cyrax since the day I picked this game up.
Out of 30-some-odd people in this game, there is nobody I feel more comfortable or have more legitimate skill with.
I'm no Maxter or Mustard, I'm not an expert, not even close, but I can at least put up a fight and show up to a show without shaking in my boots with him.
And it's really starting to kill my buzz that not only is my main mojo maker becoming the pariah of MK when all it takes to beat him is learning how to strategically avoid his projectiles, but now the game and community itself that, at risk of sounding like a total geek, has done me personally a LOT of good to have become a part of at doven into, is really beginning to suffer in spite of the fact that all the bitching and twitching has already gotten this game patched and nerfed to high hell, and people STILL aren't happy =(.
Sub got fucked. Kung Lao got unnecessarily fucked when all that needed tweaking was the Hat.
Who's gonna be next on the block? Kitana? Jax? Rain? It's gotta end somewhere.
all you did was prove my point. Thank you.
I've never once ... and never will... say the character makes the player. It doesn't work that way.
You breaking down strategy that simplistic is dumb and immature.... and basically a slap in the face to everyone. We are all aware of staying out of the net. It is a problem and Cyrax's best weapon. He as sooooo many ways to get you into a net, it puts mental pressure on your opponent. THAT IS ALL FINE.... it makes him Cyrax. Hell... .Mustard won a tourney WITHOUT them... just shows he is great character. I could care less if he did it in fucking Haiti.

Again... i'm tired of people saying he needs crazy damage to be competitive, when in fact... he doesnt. It is my bad thinking he did more damage than he should with one bar. Thats on me... and i'm sorry. But to say i'm scrubby because some dude does a 70% combo because I guessed wrong once... yeah thats a shame.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I've never once ... and never will... say the character makes the player. It doesn't work that way.
You breaking down strategy that simplistic is dumb and immature.... and basically a slap in the face to everyone. We are all aware of staying out of the net. It is a problem and Cyrax's best weapon. He as sooooo many ways to get you into a net, it puts mental pressure on your opponent. THAT IS ALL FINE.... it makes him Cyrax. Hell... .Mustard won a tourney WITHOUT them... just shows he is great character. I could care less if he did it in fucking Haiti.

Again... i'm tired of people saying he needs crazy damage to be competitive, when in fact... he doesnt. It is my bad thinking he did more damage than he should with one bar. Thats on me... and i'm sorry. But to say i'm scrubby because some dude does a 70% combo because I guessed wrong once... yeah thats a shame.
*sigh*

That's not what I'm saying, Mr. Crash.
I didn't mention a word of damage scaling or the like, even though the Net most definitely does.
And like many other Cyrax players, I'm not a fan in the slightest of the reset traps.
I get it. He's a machine.
My point is that there are a multitude of ways around him.
A plethora of ways to beat him.
A majority of those methods revolve around learning to dodge his minefield/Net setups.
Just like beating Mileena means baiting out the Telekick & Sais.
Just like beating Kitana means staying away from the fans.
Just like beating Raiden means predicting Teleports.
(I know it's nowhere near that simple, I'm just making examples...)
And if you figure out the pattern, you figure out Cyrax, and you're one step closer to victory.
Not every character has the best tools to handle him, but quite a few people do.
Hence, no major titles in his trophy case.
And at this stage of the game, if there's anyone on the roster who qualifies as a sitting duck/someone who everyone's gonna have some manner of strategy to fight against at tourneys and majors, it's gonna be Cyrax.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature

Brah! No one here is justifying or saying he needs crazy damage, they're just pointing out other characters that have uber damaging combos to prove he's not the only one.

And i still don't know what's the issue really...his guaranteed net resets are going, and i still haven't seen anyone use those in any tournament. The one maxter used against chris g was a mindfuck, if he hadn't rolled back and just jumped or used a wakeup or hell maybe just stand up like a normal person lol he wouldn't have gotten caught.

That my friend is called a bomb trap not a reset.

I don't know about other cyrax players but personally i don't think his net is his best weapon, imo his bombs are but that's just me.:dance:

TONY-T

Mad scientist
*sigh*

That's not what I'm saying, Mr. Crash.
I didn't mention a word of damage scaling or the like, even though the Net most definitely does.
And like many other Cyrax players, I'm not a fan in the slightest of the reset traps.
I get it. He's a machine.
My point is that there are a multitude of ways around him.
A plethora of ways to beat him.
A majority of those methods revolve around learning to dodge his minefield/Net setups.
Just like beating Mileena means baiting out the Telekick & Sais.
Just like beating Kitana means staying away from the fans.
Just like beating Raiden means predicting Teleports.
(I know it's nowhere near that simple, I'm just making examples...)
And if you figure out the pattern, you figure out Cyrax, and you're one step closer to victory.
Not every character has the best tools to handle him, but quite a few people do.
Hence, no major titles in his trophy case.
And at this stage of the game, if there's anyone on the roster who qualifies as a sitting duck/someone who everyone's gonna have some manner of strategy to fight against at tourneys and majors, it's gonna be Cyrax.
Well put Boxy.

Creepy00

Noob
Dont know if this is for any use, but apparently if your uppercut(and hold the entire motion), you will be in duck state allowing to connect with a poke (corner only). So cyrax can uppercut, d1, xray, and follow up. Let see if you cyrax maniac combo videos could do something with it.