What's new

Cyrax Post Patch Technologies, A Short Combo Video I Made.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
Dont know if this is for any use, but apparently if your uppercut(and hold the entire motion), you will be in duck state allowing to connect with a poke (corner only). So cyrax can uppercut, d1, xray, and follow up. Let see if you cyrax maniac combo videos could do something with it.
Well if you are talking about recovering uppercut it can be viewed using the button while holding "down" and as soon as you hit the enemy and begin to squat at this time can make a dash and everything. Well, X-ray can not justify the damage to the three Bar (individually), but for maximum damage after X-ray in the corner that you can come up with something with your choice.
You do realise that there are other characters with 50% + 1 bar combos right?kratos, skarlet and smoke to name a few.Did you know that smoke has a 2 bar 115% inescapable reset combo? And yet everyone picks on cyrax. did you know jax has a 3 bar 130% inescapable reset combo? and yet everyone picks on cyrax.why arent people over at the smoke board complaining about smokes resets? Smokes resets are way more overpowered then cyraxs. Even without resets he also does ridiculous damage. he has a 54% 1 bar combo and yet no one complains.Cyrax just seems to be the scapegoat.Cyrax needs meter to do damage. The most he gets with no meter is around about 37% and yet there are characers like raiden who can get 50% no meter, smoke gets 44% no meter and scarlet gets 50% + with no meter.
+100500

You do realise that there are other characters with 50% + 1 bar combos right?

kratos, skarlet and smoke to name a few.

Did you know that smoke has a 2 bar 115% inescapable reset combo? And yet everyone picks on cyrax. did you know jax has a 3 bar 130% inescapable reset combo? and yet everyone picks on cyrax.

why arent people over at the smoke board complaining about smokes resets? Smokes resets are way more overpowered then cyraxs. Even without resets he also does ridiculous damage. he has a 54% 1 bar combo and yet no one complains.

Cyrax just seems to be the scapegoat.

Cyrax needs meter to do damage. The most he gets with no meter is around about 37% and yet there are characers like raiden who can get 50% no meter, smoke gets 44% no meter and scarlet gets 50% + with no meter.

sorry but im just getting sick of people complaining about cyrax when there is far more worse stuff to complain about. Fix his inescapable resets and leave him alone. PLEASE
146% combo for jax, actually.

Oh yeah, and realistically, jax only needs two bars for 100% damage, versus cyrax, who needs full meter (and the 100 percent is super hard to do)

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
146% combo for jax, actually.

Oh yeah, and realistically, jax only needs two bars for 100% damage, versus cyrax, who needs full meter (and the 100 percent is super hard to do)
That doesn't make it any better. All resets need to be removed, Smoke and Jax included. The reason Cyrax gets the exposure is because more videos are made for him and he has proved to be the hardest to fix. I realize that most of you Cyrax players (keyword most) feel that the "resets" should be removed. What I consider to be unfair is an inescapable situation. True resets and a single combo string are perfectly legit. And Maxter- I don't think I am a scrub because I am calling out the broken things. Sure "all I have to do" is avoid the net, but what is the upside? If I make a really good guess, I get around 50-55%, whereas Cyrax get 75%. That is imbalanced. I could play a nearly perfect game, but if Cyrax makes a single good read, I am dead. I have plenty of strategies to avoid the nets and bombs, I am simply pointing out what I see to be a design flaw.

Maxter

Noob
That doesn't make it any better. All resets need to be removed, Smoke and Jax included. The reason Cyrax gets the exposure is because more videos are made for him and he has proved to be the hardest to fix. I realize that most of you Cyrax players (keyword most) feel that the "resets" should be removed. What I consider to be unfair is an inescapable situation. True resets and a single combo string are perfectly legit. And Maxter- I don't think I am a scrub because I am calling out the broken things. Sure "all I have to do" is avoid the net, but what is the upside? If I make a really good guess, I get around 50-55%, whereas Cyrax get 75%. That is imbalanced. I could play a nearly perfect game, but if Cyrax makes a single good read, I am dead. I have plenty of strategies to avoid the nets and bombs, I am simply pointing out what I see to be a design flaw.
how is it a single mistake form your part is gonna cost you 75%? you talk like 75% combos by cyrax come and go, why don't you say possibly 2 or 3 mistakes, lets start the match, you start with one meter, i hit you with the first hit , first mistake now you wont have a guaranteed breaker, i got you with a net, btw combo starting from a net is not 75% but like a 60% 75, start with a jumping punch and a string before net, on the second mistake you will build a breaker before combo reach that much, on the third mistake with no breaker you will be dead, you wont even have 50% health to survive, how easy can other characters build meter against cyrax to break his combos, maybe you dont know, because you talk like every mistake the 75% is guaranteed when you possibly have a guaranteed breaker. if u watch my fight against cd, his kitana can do 54% dmg combos out of a meter, i can get 75% out of a jumping punch, why 2 rounds of our matches went to the last second and i won 2 of them because time expired? kitana have more alternatives to start combos, you cant even jump and be caught by a fan, and cyrax cant compete with iafs. in the game there will be many times cyrax will get you into a net and you will have a breaker ready or build it up while the combo is happening. other games are not like that, mortal kombat need damage and shouldnt have an universal dmg nerf, now you see fights lasting forever. no all characters deserve high damage combos because they can kill you with chip and build meters easier than cyrax, others rely on zoning, others will always have tools to easily build meter to break big damage combos, i never called a scrub just meant that people who go to other character forums to complaint about something thats being known a while ago is still in the game, remember cyrax bombs are unblockable and popping up characters out some net combos is part of the game, some consider it broken, some consider them fair, isnt consider broken and cyrax is not banned is because the guaranteed breaker mechanics, still without resets cyrax dmg will keep being huge and people will complaint about it, now jsut explain me how a single mistake will cost you 75% dmg, dont you do any special moves or do chip dmg to build meters? or are you the one that is just take hits? still when you take hits you build meter, i know, you jsut throw away you meters and dont use them properly and dont make cyrax use his so he cant do ex bombs? i'm tired of educating people on how this game works, but pls explain why cyrax will always land a 75% dmg everytime he gets you with a net

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
how is it a single mistake form your part is gonna cost you 75%? you talk like 75% combos by cyrax come and go, why don't you say possibly 2 or 3 mistakes, lets start the match, you start with one meter, i hit you with the first hit , first mistake now you wont have a guaranteed breaker, i got you with a net, btw combo starting from a net is not 75% but like a 60% 75, start with a jumping punch and a string before net, on the second mistake you will build a breaker before combo reach that much, on the third mistake with no breaker you will be dead, you wont even have 50% health to survive, how easy can other characters build meter against cyrax to break his combos, maybe you dont know, because you talk like every mistake the 75% is guaranteed when you possibly have a guaranteed breaker. if u watch my fight against cd, his kitana can do 54% dmg combos out of a meter, i can get 75% out of a jumping punch, why 2 rounds of our matches went to the last second and i won 2 of them because time expired? kitana have more alternatives to start combos, you cant even jump and be caught by a fan, and cyrax cant compete with iafs. in the game there will be many times cyrax will get you into a net and you will have a breaker ready or build it up while the combo is happening. other games are not like that, mortal kombat need damage and shouldnt have an universal dmg nerf, now you see fights lasting forever. no all characters deserve high damage combos because they can kill you with chip and build meters easier than cyrax, others rely on zoning, others will always have tools to easily build meter to break big damage combos, i never called a scrub just meant that people who go to other character forums to complaint about something thats being known a while ago is still in the game, remember cyrax bombs are unblockable and popping up characters out some net combos is part of the game, some consider it broken, some consider them fair, isnt consider broken and cyrax is not banned is because the guaranteed breaker mechanics, still without resets cyrax dmg will keep being huge and people will complaint about it, now jsut explain me how a single mistake will cost you 75% dmg, dont you do any special moves or do chip dmg to build meters? or are you the one that is just take hits? still when you take hits you build meter, i know, you jsut throw away you meters and dont use them properly and dont make cyrax use his so he cant do ex bombs? i'm tired of educating people on how this game works, but pls explain why cyrax will always land a 75% dmg everytime he gets you with a net
He can get around 67% off of a naked net- that is still a big chunk of life. When you get caught in a reset, some situations screw you. You may build enough meter to break during the combo, but by that time you have usually lost a big chunk of health already, so it becomes a lose-lose situation. I am not asking for a universal damage nerf, I just think that there shouldn't be 70-100% combos. I main Shang Tsung- so the matchup consists of alot of guessing. Kepp in mind that the 50-55% dmage is very rare- standard is about 35-41% for Shang. I agree that the toolsets of each character are good, but the problem is that by doing so much damage Cyrax buys himself more room for error. I didn't come here to flame anyone or ask for something to be nerfed, I just want the game to work as it was intended.

He can get around 67% off of a naked net- that is still a big chunk of life. When you get caught in a reset, some situations screw you. You may build enough meter to break during the combo, but by that time you have usually lost a big chunk of health already, so it becomes a lose-lose situation. I am not asking for a universal damage nerf, I just think that there shouldn't be 70-100% combos. I main Shang Tsung- so the matchup consists of alot of guessing. Kepp in mind that the 50-55% dmage is very rare- standard is about 35-41% for Shang. I agree that the toolsets of each character are good, but the problem is that by doing so much damage Cyrax buys himself more room for error. I didn't come here to flame anyone or ask for something to be nerfed, I just want the game to work as it was intended.
why does the naked net argument even matter? it moves at the speed of a snail. Your stupid if you cant block it.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
why does the naked net argument even matter? it moves at the speed of a snail. Your stupid if you cant block it.
Right, stupid me. I have never seen a high level player get caught in a net. And its not like having to maneuver around his bombs, teleports and air throw make it any more difficult.

Creepy00

Noob
Are there any set ups with the far bomb (<- <- -> ) ?
I was think 121, far bomb, net. since most people tend to roll backwards.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Maxter's calling back. He forgot to mention some of the truth when last he rang.

Here's an example: Shang Tsung.
Last night, to try and get the 2x Flawless Shang Trophy, I go against my morals and used the 123 Close Bomb reset in the hopes of erasing his health as quickly and chip-lessly as possible. Good plan, right? Sure, until a human is at the Tsung helm.
Fast forward, it's Wharf time, I play somebody's Shang, and he begins to hand me my ass.
And I can't get inside because he KNOWS how to jump around me and can see the motions coming far away enough to Skull me out. Knows the matchup. Problem. So let's go down the list of possible solutions...
Naked Net = NOT an option, even from a distance. He can SS, Ground Skull, Straight Skull, whichever he chooses. No dice.
JIP into a combo = not an option. Ground Skull will have me on my ass before I can say Kickamaroosh (<3 Kitana).
Teleport = not an option. Unless I make a perfect read, I'm eating a B121 into whatever ungodly suffering he sees fit to deal out.
I can't even save up Meter for EX combos, let alone resets, because if he finds a way in, I need it to break him off of me before he gets the chance to juggle me like a circus clown. Majority of offensive options = OUT.
So it's strategy time...where is someone safest from Shang? Fullscreen. You still run the risk of Skull plunder, but you're out of reach of Soul Steal, you can see his Air/Straights early enough to at least chuck a Far Bomb, give him the illusion of control, and wait for him to slip up a step.
And I did. And I won. I think. He started going a bit unorthadox/wonky, so he may have been getting lagged out.
Then I got EXTU'd around the block by a Human Sektor and called it a night due to horrid exhaustion.
In any case, the point is: Just because he HAS a fuck-ton of offensive options, doesn't mean it's gonna be even the slightest bit easy to mount them against someone who knows how to fight you back. As Mr. T said, it's not like Cyrax is the only person in the game with a lot of ways to beat you. I still think Rain is easily the strongest offensive character in the game, but chances are no one's gonna complain about him until all the other MK beasts are de-balled and the nerfettes start clamoring for his; getting cornered by Metered Jax isn't just a reset, it's CERTAIN DEATH, yet no one was really taking notice until CD Jr put him on the map; if you misjudge Scorpion's 50/50 mixups, you're dead in a matter of moments; Krueger in professional hands has some of the most maniacal zoning I've ever seen implemented; Kabal is Kabal, I don't think he requires any more elaboration; Kitana can do just as much damage with the right amount of room for Fans; Smoke has equally, if not WAY more dangerous reset capabilities, but since no one but Aris, Redd and a few choice others put him out there, it flies under the radar most of the time.
Yet Cyrax is the villain. Always the villain. Even pre-patch Kung Lao didn't catch as much crap as Cy does.
I don't get it.

Beginner0k_TwM

Who thinks about this a mixup-reset (Stay on wakeup pretty hard)?
fjp~2,1~b,b+3 => fjp~2,1~f,f+4+R2 => b,b+4 => b+4 - 36% (If the opponent is not saved wakeup, we wait in the block and punish, if he has no armor that can be done immediately after the b+4, a wiff b,f+2-saw)
What are your thoughts on this option so to speak, "reset"(Well, or will be removed when all reset)?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Wow, we've actually gotten to the point where Cyrax players are thinking that much damage off 1 bar is intended. It really isn't even the reset I have a problem with, I love resets, but getting that much damage out of a reset is absurd and 100% unintended. You guys act like without the ability to do that, that he'd no longer be a competitive character, and in fact...you may be right. Doesn't dismiss the point that it's broken.

getting cornered by Metered Jax isn't just a reset, it's CERTAIN DEATH, yet no one was really taking notice until CD Jr put him on the map; if you misjudge Scorpion's 50/50 mixups, you're dead in a matter of moments; Krueger in professional hands has some of the most maniacal zoning I've ever seen implemented; Kabal is Kabal, I don't think he requires any more elaboration; Kitana can do just as much damage with the right amount of room for Fans; Smoke has equally, if not WAY more dangerous reset capabilities, but since no one but Aris, Redd and a few choice others put him out there, it flies under the radar most of the time.
Yet Cyrax is the villain. Always the villain. Even pre-patch Kung Lao didn't catch as much crap as Cy does.
I don't get it.
Scorpion's 50/50s are a guessing game, it requires him to guess right, if he guesses wrong and gets punished for it; he eats a big bowl of combo for his efforts - his 50/50s are fine; Scorpion will always be a gamble character due to this. Kabal's iAGBs seems unintended, perhaps Kitana's iAFs as well; I don't know. Kitana getting that much off a meterless combo is pretty stupid though; I'll agree with you there. Jax's corner capability is certainly unintended but it does require getting them in the corner and meter to capitalize on big damage. If he could do this midscreen, I'd feel differently. Smoke is having his resets removed in the hotfix, aside Cyrax - allegedly.

There's a lot of shit in this game that doesn't make a whole lot of sense and it gets exploited to the max

Beginner0k_TwM

I found a combo guaranteed after Ex TP:) Come back later. In the corner, and MidScreen.It is not hard to do, but there is a little secret:)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Wow, we've actually gotten to the point where Cyrax players are thinking that much damage off 1 bar is intended. It really isn't even the reset I have a problem with, I love resets, but getting that much damage out of a reset is absurd and 100% unintended. You guys act like without the ability to do that, that he'd no longer be a competitive character, and in fact...you may be right. Doesn't dismiss the point that it's broken.

Scorpion's 50/50s are a guessing game, it requires him to guess right, if he guesses wrong and gets punished for it; he eats a big bowl of combo for his efforts - his 50/50s are fine; Scorpion will always be a gamble character due to this. Kabal's iAGBs seems unintended, perhaps Kitana's iAFs as well; I don't know. Kitana getting that much off a meterless combo is pretty stupid though; I'll agree with you there. Jax's corner capability is certainly unintended but it does require getting them in the corner and meter to capitalize on big damage. If he could do this midscreen, I'd feel differently. Smoke is having his resets removed in the hotfix, aside Cyrax - allegedly.

There's a lot of shit in this game that doesn't make a whole lot of sense and it gets exploited to the max

This pretty much sums it up, my nut-punching amigo.

And Cyrax is absolutely still viable without resets.
Hell, even if they ever did nerf his damage, he'd be in the same boat as Kung Lao - weakened, but still powerful in good hands.

Please, Based God, let there be more thorough and fine-print-deep testing for the next installment...

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
I love all the talk about quitting the game if the game gets changed anymore. Well, if that's the case why aren't you guys playing another game competitively at the same time? Why aren't the people holding their own game hostage playing Marvel or Street Fighter? All these top players are playing Em Kay exclusively (not including players that have come other games to this one like Justin Wong and Sabin) and I've pretty much NEVER seen them play another game and yet they talk about dropping their own one so easily.

I've never understood that.

I thought this was pretty cool (regarding whether or not IAFs were intended):

I played a Kitana on expert ladder, and she did an Insta air fan :O

Creepy00

Noob
^ It is more than that bro
How would you feel about your main character being changed in every patch ?
It is pretty annoying, especially when they nerf/cover the way he should be played.
He isnt my main, but from time to time, i play him. Pretty sure cyrax players would agree with me.

Beginner0k_TwM

In such cases, you can be confused with the opponent teleport poschyu input "wakeup". Thus causing a reset. And after ejected bombs can be used to reset the fault saw (this can happen after you send the enemy into a state of "OTG" thrown near the bomb, and if no enemy attack with armor he is forced to miss a saw or a bomb, or reset:)) .

What do you think?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
In such cases, you can be confused with the opponent teleport poschyu input "wakeup". Thus causing a reset. And after ejected bombs can be used to reset the fault saw (this can happen after you send the enemy into a state of "OTG" thrown near the bomb, and if no enemy attack with armor he is forced to miss a saw or a bomb, or reset:)) .

What do you think?
I have a combo with this in my new vid. It only works when they are up against the wall. If you try it midscreen, they can roll out of it.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®

What do you think?
I do something very similar to the first combo. I lay down a mid bomb after the ex-BOMB, but I let them stand up and I press D4 to push them into the bomb.

Beginner0k_TwM

I do something very similar to the first combo. I lay down a mid bomb after the ex-BOMB, but I let them stand up and I press D4 to push them into the bomb.
yes yes you are right I also love to do:)and even more, I'll show it in another video