What's new

Cyrax Post Patch Technologies, A Short Combo Video I Made.

These combos work online. Iv used them on the 360 and ps3 now. If they jump out its prob do to some lag that messes up the timing.
Ok thanks for confirming Matt. Maybe when I did the second net on to bomb it didn't pop him up because of lag. I have horrible lag issues sometimes when I play.

ugh...ok here's the thing

the resets would actually make for a very cool dynamic if the character were limited otherwise - very slow, can't control the screen, etc.

cyrax, of course, is not that character. he already has some of the scariest zoning, great wakeup moves especially with the new patch, and solid pressure with pretty fast normals overall. on him, the resets are dumb as heck.

but hey, at least he can't wakeup AA grab through fireballs or anyth...oh wait

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Tom Brady said:
more bad news cyrax players. a hot fix coming in the near future is taking away any way to reset with a net. all of these combos will finally be out for good.
good.

Superb!!

Have learnt to play with Cyrax after watching Tony's vids. Must say that I am continued to be amazed.

Thanks for helping out the community...

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
The combo at 1:10 where you do 1,2,1 to far bomb...

Instead of dashing back to hit him into the far bomb, I've just been holding block while doing B,B,F instead. Maybe that would be easier for some of you people too.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
The combo at 1:10 where you do 1,2,1 to far bomb...

Instead of dashing back to hit him into the far bomb, I've just been holding block while doing B,B,F instead. Maybe that would be easier for some of you people too.
In my video I'm doing just that:). Do not it possible that no one was looking? :)

Don't change the way the character works fundamentally. He's still very likable.
+5

I do not know whether this was discussed, well, "EX b,f+2" gives a good start juggling on the wall (I did not know because they do not see any sense to use it because of the high parry). You can now do with ease pressure on the wall "mix up" with "2,1 in block and Ex d,f+3_Ex b,f+2 (since it is now "medium hit", and after him, too, can be reset with two-meter)"
On the wall do fjp => 2,1~b,b+3 => back dash => fjp~1,2,1~f,f+4+R2 => b,b+4 => 2~b,b+3 - reset 34%

On the wall without reset, I'm doing 2,1~f,f+4+R2 => b,b+4 => 1 => b+3 (bomb explodes)=> back jump kick => 1,2,1~b,b+3 => back jump~forward jump kick~d+2_3,3,4_3,3~b,f+2 - 54% 54% 55%

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Yea that's what I do. :D Was this recorded with a potato? :D

This is a recording of my 95% cyrax combo that no longer works due to the patch, but it's still fun to watch. [video=youtube_share;CU_VNBeSc9M]http://youtu.be/CU_VNBeSc9M[/video]

kandehbar

The Gryphon
Does this stuff work with human cyrax. I really like that costume better but the bombs and net are slower. Did they remove that change between them?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Yea that's what I do. :D Was this recorded with a potato? :D

This is a recording of my 95% cyrax combo that no longer works due to the patch, but it's still fun to watch. [video=youtube_share;CU_VNBeSc9M]http://youtu.be/CU_VNBeSc9M[/video]
thats escapable with a roll back. ive got a 100% version using that old method. good stuff.

Tom Brady said:
all the cyrax data in the patch didnt get uploaded in the patch. sometime after the patch has been released everywhere, all the data will be uploaded and all of cyrax's guaranteed resets will be removed.

Just Cyrax will have a "nerf" in the next patch or some others chars too?

----------

well, until they removed the resets, let´s enjoy ^_^

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
i've been doing a mid-range bomb and then pause for a sec, then 1, 2, 3 combo to short range bomb... instead of the long-range bomb method. this variety is inescapable and i get it to 76%. i'll get to get a recording today or tomorrow, but im a busy lady!

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
did they remove the diffrence between human and robo cyrax or is humans still slower
As far as I can tell, human cyrax has a faster teleport. However, MK9 Cyrax's chestsaw can be blocked if standing or ducking, but MK3's chestsaw can ONLY be blocked if standing. Way to go NRS!

As far as I can tell, human cyrax has a faster teleport. However, MK9 Cyrax's chestsaw can be blocked if standing or ducking, but MK3's chestsaw can ONLY be blocked if standing. Way to go NRS!
I have no clue what you're talking about. Chestsaw works overhead on all costumes for me.