What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

So I've had some great success with b12 or b123 trait cancel. Especially after conditioning b123 nb dash cancel. It catches alot of ppl trying to counter poke or press buttons. Trait hits them for a decent combo. If they do hit you with their counter attempt your usually able to recover to do a s3 x pf!

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Would someone be able to help me understand how/when I should be using dash cancels in match? I feel like I never know how to actually use them.

Would someone be able to help me understand how/when I should be using dash cancels in match? I feel like I never know how to actually use them.
I use them quite often-always lol. Off of 113 and b123 mostly. U just have to read if ur opponent is going to respect you or not, and if you want to go back to zoning or apply pressure. Choose to dash forward or dash backwards. I believe its neutral or slightly negative when dash canceled.

Side note: a fun gimmick 113 X TA on block is fun. Most try to jump out because the pushback of the last hit. If they do jump immediately PF to knock them out the sky and into the TA for a b3 combo lol. Its a gimmick tho. More so usable in set play

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

da800don

Noob
I use it in pressure when Im confident Ill get the W, or when I feel like pressuring. Here it goes:

Ill do a 112, run in, b231 sd (cancel dash forword) and grab. I catch people ALL the time. It happens so fast they think Im still hitting them.

Yeah the +5 from that string makes the cancel seem even faster. But why do you do sd cancel instead of nb cancel jw?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
So basically, if the opponent is respecting the frames and keeps blocking I can use the dash cancel forwards to quickly go in and keep applying pressure, or use the backdash cancel to stay safe and get away? Is there a good way for me to practice these situations in training mode to make sure I'm getting the timing down? Thanks for the help on this, by the way.

So basically, if the opponent is respecting the frames and keeps blocking I can use the dash cancel forwards to quickly go in and keep applying pressure, or use the backdash cancel to stay safe and get away? Is there a good way for me to practice these situations in training mode to make sure I'm getting the timing down? Thanks for the help on this, by the way.
I dont think theres a way to practice WHEN to do it and when not to. Usually in a match ill test the waters by doing it once or twice. Ill do b123 NB cancel dash in immediately d1 x df2. If they respect the sequence im more likely to do it again but mix it up with maybe a f3 bounce cancel and go from there. I would go in practice and just practice getting the cancels crisp into a d1 special challenge. Then practice doing dash cancels into another string like b213, b123, 23, 113 or 2. Theeeen start doing dash cancels into mbf3/b3. Theeeeeeen dash cancels into bounc cancel strings :)

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I like doing B123~SD a bunch since it jails. Then I start holding it slightly to create a gap and uncertainly for the opponent which catches them pushing buttons and then I start mixing in dash cancels.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
B123 sd actually jails? Like against 7f normals or what? b123 nb doesn't?

Jail means that there is no gap and your attack hits before the blockstun of the previous attack wears off. If something is advantage enough for a followup to beat out an attack then it's called a frame trap.

So in this instance, the opponent is still in block stun from the B123 and the SD cancels Cyborgs recovery frames in time for the attack to land before the opponent is allowed to do anything other than block.

That's why when you hold the SD, you can turn it into a frame trap. You allow enough time to pass for the opponent to exit the block stun from B123.

da800don

Noob
Yeah the +5 from that string makes the cancel seem even faster. But why do you do sd cancel instead of nb cancel jw?

the Nova Blast look more obvious. Kinda like a crossover in basketball. Its a fake. Whereas the nova blast kinda blends in, which is also good. Its just my preference.

I like doing B123~SD a bunch since it jails. Then I start holding it slightly to create a gap and uncertainly for the opponent which catches them pushing buttons and then I start mixing in dash cancels.
Haha, that's my go-to string to test and see how people react to cancels. If they get clipped, I know they are probably pressing buttons and then I create intentional gaps in my pressure. If not, I just cancel away haha

D

Deleted member 58466

the Nova Blast look more obvious. Kinda like a crossover in basketball. Its a fake. Whereas the nova blast kinda blends in, which is also good. Its just my preference.
Do you mean SD? Also, nova blast for cancelling is interesting. It is less safe but prolly doesn't matter if u just das cancel regardless

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Question: Would anyone be interested in starting a Cyborg Flowchart/Sequences thread? Just something that lays out the different options Cyborg has after certain regular sequences, like F22 at mid screen, or connecting with a D1 poke, or other situations where Cyborg has plus frames and is in the driver's seat. Some of it might be fairly beginner and more obvious to advanced players who know how to read frame data, but I know I find it helpful to have these things written out so I can start narrowing down my options into 2-3 choices, to help shrink my mental stack and help me make faster descisions.

For example, Cyborg's F22, if blocked, leaves him at +2 next to the opponent, meaning he can safely go for a D1 (7F startup). If the D1 hits Cyborg is at +10 hit stun, and follow up with other options like B123, 23, throw, or whatever. If the D1 is blocked Cyborg is negative and it's now his turn to block or play defense. The flowchart could keep following each of the options to the eventual end path, each time looking at a if blocked vs if hit situation. It could also lay out which options are safe, which options are unsafe, and when to opt for the unsafe options.

The same thing could then be done for things like connecting with a 11, or off a TA or Drone, or other common sequences Cyborg finds himself in.

I already have a word document I put together for myself, just some basic notes I'd be willing to share if anyone knows a good way to share documents. Does this appeal to anyone?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
The other Thread thought I have is a "Practice Mode" thread which lays out different drills someone could do in Practice mode to improve things like Execution, punishing negative frames, push blocking, poking/dashing out of gaps in an opponent's string, hit confirming, getting close to frame perfect on moves, and choosing the correct options in situations like I mentioned above. For example, set the opponent to Wonder Woman, turn block to Always, and set the CPU to reversal with Amalthia Bash. Then practice hitting F22 into D1 consistently. After that add on B123, to practice going from F22-D1-B123xxSD. Then turn the CPU from block always to block random.

Question: Would anyone be interested in starting a Cyborg Flowchart/Sequences thread? Just something that lays out the different options Cyborg has after certain regular sequences, like F22 at mid screen, or connecting with a D1 poke, or other situations where Cyborg has plus frames and is in the driver's seat. Some of it might be fairly beginner and more obvious to advanced players who know how to read frame data, but I know I find it helpful to have these things written out so I can start narrowing down my options into 2-3 choices, to help shrink my mental stack and help me make faster descisions.

For example, Cyborg's F22, if blocked, leaves him at +2 next to the opponent, meaning he can safely go for a D1 (7F startup). If the D1 hits Cyborg is at +10 hit stun, and follow up with other options like B123, 23, throw, or whatever. If the D1 is blocked Cyborg is negative and it's now his turn to block or play defense. The flowchart could keep following each of the options to the eventual end path, each time looking at a if blocked vs if hit situation. It could also lay out which options are safe, which options are unsafe, and when to opt for the unsafe options.

The same thing could then be done for things like connecting with a 11, or off a TA or Drone, or other common sequences Cyborg finds himself in.

I already have a word document I put together for myself, just some basic notes I'd be willing to share if anyone knows a good way to share documents. Does this appeal to anyone?
I like this idea of a flow chart, not exactly sure how to execute it efficiently and be able to share it. It would help moreso newer cyborg players since the few that have stuck with him for awhile have options or go-tos that we do in situations

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I troll my opponents with this lol jip2 11 jip2 11 then I I'll stop jumping and watch them mash d2 and I punish it. The fear of the overhead is real try it.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Make 113 nbc plus 6 on Block to give him a D1 check or 23 which leaves him at 0. 113 has a gap so this wouldn't break him at all.

Buff s3 and his D2

Add morphing limb to these like 23

Second hit of b12 needs it's hit region adjusted it has horrible range

Trait to recharge a bit faster not by much just a tad bit.

Low trait to travel full screen. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends where a mk stage would end lol I might actually test this.

TA to recover faster after launch and can't get hit out of it.

Gh armor needs a bit longer duration. Just a lil bit.

And... Cancel combos s3 b12 f2 and 11 into nbc into 12b2 power fist would be so dank.

Make tackle a true command grab. It resets the neutral and leaves him far away Same for MB