What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
So uh not sure if this was known previously but if you do the setups similar to what @Kekoa has shown then you can actually combo off a throw tech if you do a throw after making the drone come out, but all I can get is a fireball.

Kekoa

Noob
You can get full combo in the corner into grapple setup, TA, or cash out for damage. I couldn't get anything midscreen haha. @Cursa

So uh not sure if this was known previously but if you do the setups similar to what @Kekoa has shown then you can actually combo off a throw tech if you do a throw after making the drone come out, but all I can get is a fireball.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
You can get full combo in the corner into grapple setup, TA, or cash out for damage. I couldn't get anything midscreen haha. @Cursa
I even tried MB roll and that didn't work lol

I ain't a cyborg player though just thought it'd be interesting to see.

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
New pressure setups and 50/50 setups with Drone.

Yo nice stuff but maybe try setting up off of f22 since it’s HKD now. Also f22 is nasty nasty nasty in the corner. You can dash in nj 2 cross up or non, also same w grapple, dash up grapple or standing grapple for a cross up mix.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
So up Sonic disruptor is also a HKD now and since it knocks them up a bit has a better hit advantage than the regular one. It only really works in the corner (for now) it sacrifices damage but gives better oki.

Also in the corner if after a power firs you do 11, 113 USD and instantly grappling hook you can consistently and in front of them with a j2 and behind them with a j1 and they can't jump out

So up Sonic disruptor is also a HKD now and since it knocks them up a bit has a better hit advantage than the regular one. It only really works in the corner (for now) it sacrifices damage but gives better oki.

Also in the corner if after a power firs you do 11, 113 USD and instantly grappling hook you can consistently and in front of them with a j2 and behind them with a j1 and they can't jump out
Is it better than 112 hkd or hit advantage ender?

It's better because 112 isn't a hkd it's a long knock down. They can still tech roll after it. In the corner if you do 112 then do grappling hook they tech roll out of the corner with SD they don't
Oh wow didnt know that i just figured it was because of the look of it. Didnt even try to put the dummy on techroll lol. I wonder if the other setups with TA will be better with that or if 112 is still better for that due to recovery or something. Ill have to lab

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Oh wow didnt know that i just figured it was because of the look of it. Didnt even try to put the dummy on techroll lol. I wonder if the other setups with TA will be better with that or if 112 is still better for that due to recovery or something. Ill have to lab
Its still a good knockdown it's just if you're using a grappling hook set up doing the disruptor is better for that

So the reset i keep seeing. If someone blocks it how negative are you?
I believe your just neutral or slightly plus. I've never had anyone block it though lol. mainly because they see they are IN COMBO and dont realize a reset even happened. Unless they are just holding back while being combo'd and not pressing other buttons, its a 8/10 chance they'll even see it coming lol

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I believe your just neutral or slightly plus. I've never had anyone block it though lol. mainly because they see they are IN COMBO and dont realize a reset even happened. Unless they are just holding back while being combo'd and not pressing other buttons, its a 8/10 chance they'll even see it coming lol
It's just for when primep actually start blocking it. Eventually they'll know

D

Deleted member 58466

Tips on using stand 3 in combos? Landing a s3 after mb power fist is difficult, along with landing the 11 after s3 and s3 mb nova blast. Also do I use mb up or straight nova

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Tips on using stand 3 in combos? Landing a s3 after mb power fist is difficult, along with landing the 11 after s3 and s3 mb nova blast. Also do I use mb up or straight nova

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might
I'm guessing you are referring to in the corner? I still struggle with this as well, but I tend to piano (double tap standing 3) to get it to come out. I also hesitate slightly after the MB PF before doing S3 XX MB NB to get the timing down.

Any suggestions by anyone else?

D

Deleted member 58466

I'm guessing you are referring to in the corner? I still struggle with this as well, but I tend to piano (double tap standing 3) to get it to come out. I also hesitate slightly after the MB PF before doing S3 XX MB NB to get the timing down.

Any suggestions by anyone else?
Hmm, I'll try the s3 mb nb again. What I really want to get good at though is mb pf, s3, 11 meterless combo.

Side Note: There's a guy on Youtube called xMeechx2015, he's got some good Cyborg setups.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Does 12B2 have a gap in it? I know it's one of (if not the) best damage string for Cyborg, but I'm always worried about being poked out of it.