What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
not even that, it doesnt have invincibility until you are like halfway through the animation

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
What if they shaved off some recovery from hitting an air borne opponent with a nova blast allowing us to get a combo ex like hitting someone with db1 from jump in range

What his tackle good for? Seems like his most useless move. No tick throws off any of his strings
Techno tackle is a high, and he gets tick throw off the following:

d1
b2
j1
j2
j3

I use it most of off d1. Reason is that if the opponent counterpokes or stand blocks, they'll get tagged by it. You can also use it against opponents who like to stand block in neutral/ walk back.

11 techno tackle is somewhat of a mixup considering 112 is an overhead. So if they block high then techno tackle will tag them. Not sure if it works if they backdash 11 though.

On wakeup, it's pretty horrible. I use it sparingly considering it can be ducked and punished with f3 or mbf3 blows up all of his wakeups. Plus I believe one of atrocious strings f223?? is like throw immune, so he can just bully Cyborg on wakeup.

Very situational, but I've been trying to intergrate it into my game. It's also good on wasting the timer on Atrocitious trait as we'll, since you score a knockdown and roll back to range 2-3.

Last edited:

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
What are your guys' thoughts on making techno tackle hit mid? Not saying I want this change to happen or that I think Cyborg needs it, just wanted to know your opinions. How would his gameplan change?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
What are your guys' thoughts on making techno tackle hit mid? Not saying I want this change to happen or that I think Cyborg needs it, just wanted to know your opinions. How would his gameplan change?
I honestly don't even like CGs, I just want less reconvery on his zoning tools.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Hed be pretty dumb with how safe and plus he is on everything. None of the "normal" characters need anything honestly, juat the EZ mode top characters need toning down. Cyborg is in avery good place

The only changes I would want is
  • grapple to have a button needing to be pressed i.e. D.UF.3
  • Technotackle fully invincible on wake up
  • (And maybe) powerfist being 8-10 frames startup so it's a better AA/non-invincible wake up
Tried being modest as I think Cyborg is decent in this game but he still has issues getting people off him.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
The only changes I would want is
  • grapple to have a button needing to be pressed i.e. D.UF.3
  • Technotackle fully invincible on wake up
  • (And maybe) powerfist being 8-10 frames startup so it's a better AA/non-invincible wake up
Tried being modest as I think Cyborg is decent in this game but he still has issues getting people off him.
Grappling hook requiring an input is actually the only thing I want. Faster powerfist also means faster longe range reversal into full combo tho which would be a really big change for certain match ups where he wohld now be able to punsish things he could not before

Faster powerfist also means faster longe range reversal into full combo tho which would be a really big change for certain match ups where he wohld now be able to punsish things he could not before
Shhhh

Also I feel like his having his flying drone trait come out faster would be fair. Gives another incentive to use it over roomba.

Last edited:

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
On wakeup, it's pretty horrible. I use it sparingly considering it can be ducked and punished with f3 or mbf3 blows up all of his wakeups. Plus I believe one of atrocious strings f223?? is like throw immune, so he can just bully Cyborg on wakeup.

I don't think command grabs work on overheads in general

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Hm... I always do d1xxdisrupter since it has good push back and -2 on block. I will try to work d1xxtackle into my game.

Also, what is his best TA setup after a KD. I always go for b213xxTA. Anything better for a TA setup?

Hm... I always do d1xxdisrupter since it has good push back and -2 on block. I will try to work d1xxtackle into my game.

Also, what is his best TA setup after a KD. I always go for b213xxTA. Anything better for a TA setup?
Back in injustice 1, d1xxSD was my go to since it was +2 and had further push block. Also, d1 was +2 also, so it could only be interrupted with mbf3 or a 6 frame reversal. I use it less since it can be counterpoked out of (I've even been grabbed out of it too lol). Only use d1 tackle if your opponent likes to counterpoke, reversal grab Cyborg's d1, or stand block after d1. It's really risky, but it's good to throw it out from time to time.

As for TA setups, his best TA setup midscreen is 12b2 EX PF f2 TA. If you follow up with b12 it meaty's nearly all non-invincible wakeups, and some of the invincible ones too. There's a whole thread dedicate to Cyborg's pressure and oki game below as well.

https://testyourmight.com/threads/cyborg-pressure-concepts.64335/

B2 13 is a really good meter less setup though, I definitely need to use b2 more.

EDIT: I forgot to include the link, it's there now @PANDA

Last edited:
I thought the first one was a corpse hop but then I cried when I saw that you MB rolled, still super cool though...
Haha, thanks. With Cyborg you can cancel nova blast into MB roll, I do it to throw people off but get like half the time. Here are some other examples of it in game: