What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
Hey everyone!
I was considering picking up Cyborg...

I was just wondering, doesn't he have a cancelable projectile?? Are they safe/ plus to do in pressure? Similar to HW Jax? Sorry if someone has already gone over this...

Hey everyone!
I was considering picking up Cyborg...

I was just wondering, doesn't he have a cancelable projectile?? Are they safe/ plus to do in pressure? Similar to HW Jax? Sorry if someone has already gone over this...
Cyborg can cancel all his projectile attacks (target acquired, sonic disruptor, nova blast). In the last game 113, standing 3, and b123 cancels were plus on block but no longer (I don't know the exact frame data). They are still safe though for the most part.

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
Cyborg can cancel all his projectile attacks (target acquired, sonic disruptor, nova blast). In the last game 113, standing 3, and b123 cancels were plus on block but no longer (I don't know the exact frame data). They are still safe though for the most part.
Ok. Thanks for the response. How are you guys liking him so far?? He seems like he has some decent stuff! I've really only seen Ketchup play him though... so I could be completely wrong

Ok. Thanks for the response. How are you guys liking him so far?? He seems like he has some decent stuff! I've really only seen Ketchup play him though... so I could be completely wrong
I love the character, and I also love the Cyborg community (Top 5 community subforum in my opinion). At the moment, we are trying to improve his pressure and oki game against the whole cast.

Also, I love Ketchup's Cyborg. I totally stole his 113 on hit into overhead stuff.

The primary negative with Cyborg is we don't have a concise gameplan. Amazing corner game, and good zoning from 3/4ths to 1/2 screen distance. Also, he has some glaring bad matchups, such as Darkseid, Dr. Fate, and DS. I'm focusing on the Dr. Fate matchup for right now, trying to find tech and setups agains the character.

But yeah, welcome aboard! We welcome all our Cybrothers and Cysisters to the crew haha! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :D

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Trying to duck a high projectile and then jump forward DB1 the next one and it always just makes me do forward grappling hook. Yet when trying to do raw grappling hook when I actually want it it never works. Why is the input not just the way it works when cancelled into where you can do like a half circle? Super annoying

This character is fun as fuck tho

Trying to duck a high projectile and then jump forward DB1 the next one and it always just makes me do forward grappling hook. Yet when trying to do raw grappling hook when I actually want it it never works. Why is the input not just the way it works when cancelled into where you can do like a half circle? Super annoying

This character is fun as fuck tho
I know what you mean man, I was playing my training partner who plays Dr. Fate. Everytime I tried to jump over a projectile, I got grapple lol. The game stores the down input for too long.

For the regular grapple hook I do down, then quarter circle up. That's the most consistent way of getting it for me.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I know what you mean man, I was playing my training partner who plays Dr. Fate. Everytime I tried to jump over a projectile, I got grapple lol. The game stores the down input for too long.

For the regular grapple hook I do down, then quarter circle up. That's the most consistent way of getting it for me.
The way I've been dealing with it against true high projectiles is holding DF rather than DB when ducking them, which feels so insanely unnatural and against fate it wouldn't even work since his hit mid at distance. Maybe neutral down? Ugh

I'll try the raw grappling input tho, thanks

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
I love the character, and I also love the Cyborg community (Top 5 community subforum in my opinion). At the moment, we are trying to improve his pressure and oki game against the whole cast.

Also, I love Ketchup's Cyborg. I totally stole his 113 on hit into overhead stuff.

The primary negative with Cyborg is we don't have a concise gameplan. Amazing corner game, and good zoning from 3/4ths to 1/2 screen distance. Also, he has some glaring bad matchups, such as Darkseid, Dr. Fate, and DS. I'm focusing on the Dr. Fate matchup for right now, trying to find tech and setups agains the character.

But yeah, welcome aboard! We welcome all our Cybrothers and Cysisters to the crew haha! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :D
That's great! Glad to be here. I played a Cyborg the other day. I kicked his ass with Beetle, but he actually outzoned me, and made me come in. Which doesn't happen often at all. Like I said before, I have seen Ketchup play, but have played very few Cyborgs.

I wanna spend the weekend breaking him down. So you guys will probably hear from me a lot. I'm gonna read through this thread while at work today, so hopefully I won't repeat any tech ;)

That's great! Glad to be here. I played a Cyborg the other day. I kicked his ass with Beetle, but he actually outzoned me, and made me come in. Which doesn't happen often at all. Like I said before, I have seen Ketchup play, but have played very few Cyborgs.

I wanna spend the weekend breaking him down. So you guys will probably hear from me a lot. I'm gonna read through this thread while at work today, so hopefully I won't repeat any tech ;)
No problem, be sure to check out the "Cyborg Pressure Concepts" thread as well. It's pretty much were most of his pressure and anti-wakeup tech are being posted

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
I play Grodd, but recently picked up Cyborg and he's a lot of fun. I've lab'd with him a bunch already, and his play style continues to interest me. He definitely has trouble against the top tiers. Currently I'm struggling against Catwoman and Darkseid. Do we have a Discord for him?

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I play Grodd, but recently picked up Cyborg and he's a lot of fun. I've lab'd with him a bunch already, and his play style continues to interest me. He definitely has trouble against the top tiers. Currently I'm struggling against Catwoman and Darkseid. Do we have a Discord for him?
Cw was a bad mu that carried over from the first game. Darksied is a very bad mu. He takes away everything cyborg does best.

I feel like I'm one of the few on here who feels the darkseid MU is ok. Also if Black Adam didn't do so much damage, that MU would be in Cyborg's favor free. Right now I have it as 5-5 since all it takes is one MB divekick and that's 60% gone.

Also check out this optimal mid screen combo I found.

I'll kiss ya straight yo mouf if done in a real match.

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
I feel like I'm one of the few on here who feels the darkseid MU is ok. Also if Black Adam didn't do so much damage, that MU would be in Cyborg's favor free. Right now I have it as 5-5 since all it takes is one MB divekick and that's 60% gone.

optimal may not be the right word lol...

After playing over the past few days, the Darkseid matchup feels better since I know more of what's going on. However, I've just been playing ranked, so most the Darkseid players don't know what the hell they're doing and just shoot lasers all day, and teleport in the most obvious situations.

I'll probably need to add some top Darkseid mains on TYM to get a better gauge, and for a future thread I have coming up. However, I think the matchup is still ass, considering I have yet to go against players that actually use his trait correctly.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Does anyone know the frames on Cyborg's cancels and which of his many cancellable moves is quickest?

Also, how's the Supergirl matchup?

so good!

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
What his tackle good for? Seems like his most useless move. No tick throws off any of his strings