What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that kinetic balding will be on red hot Sunday tonight back in the first In1 he was considered at least the second best cyborg right behind relaxed state as far as major tournament placings, but me personally the only cyborg who I felt was better than me was kinetic balding. We shared Great Tech, matchup knowledge, and a plethora of other things about the character and for now he might be the best cyborg player (I'm coming for that title though:D) please tune in tonight I'm sure kinetic balding is going to do great with cyborg and please take notes I know I will:cool:
At what time? I have watched al of kinetics match footage in injustice 1 as well as Relaxedstate. It's actually how I learned the character. Definitely look forward to seeing this!

How is cyborg in this game?
Potentially top 10. This character is way more improved than his previous version with the insane chip damage he now has and to go along with better knockdown pressure, and a faster target aquired. 23 is a great ender midscreen and a good string to use for your pressure. The diagonal air fireball is also a blessing. This character is also a monster in the corner.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Been playing alot of Cyborg lately, one thing im exploring is ending a combo by cancelling into low trait (roomba) then dashing in for cancel pressure like 113xxnb~cancel, dash forward, repeat. If they successfully poke out they get hit with roomba for full combo. Plus it looks super cool.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
So i watched the match with balding everytime he used grapple the other guy respected it but he always went for the over head i he should've went to grab or tt. Also when he was up close the deadshot kept blocking low he shouldve canceled a string into mbf3. Thats all i have to say on it. He was out zoned abd shoukdve used trait on every hit or juggle with nb and incorperated trait in between and get in on him.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Someone please explain instant air bf1

Some times I get the odd one really fucking lol but other times I won't even come out LOL

please, help

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Should we make a separate Cyborg tech development thread, like we had for Injustice 1?

Anyways, here is my latest discovery:
If you end a corner combo in 113xxPF and then meter burn the PF so that the 2nd hit misses, a neutral jump 1 or 2 or 3 will cross-up (even though it looks like it won't).
Hope this helps!

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Should we make a separate Cyborg tech development thread, like we had for Injustice 1?

Anyways, here is my latest discovery:
If you end a corner combo in 113xxPF and then meter burn the PF so that the 2nd hit misses, a neutral jump kick will cross-up (even though it looks like it won't).
Hope this helps!
cool stuff! just to mention it doesn't work if they tech roll. Still good tech tho

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Sup guys. Curious about Cyborg and was wondering if there are any resident Cyborg mains that could direct me to a useful guide/YouTube/ that goes over Cyborg strategy. Is his game plan pretty similar compared to his INJ1 iteration?

What do you do after a success trait or TA midscreen?
I use to do B3-J2-J2-B123-low trait(or TA)...
I think that combo is fine, I honestly don't have all the damage numbers memorized but b123 usually leads into more potential setup opportunities mid screen. If someone else can provide more insight, that would be more than helpful

Sup guys. Curious about Cyborg and was wondering if there are any resident Cyborg mains that could direct me to a useful guide/YouTube/ that goes over Cyborg strategy. Is his game plan pretty similar compared to his INJ1 iteration?
I think considering he's much like his previous interaction, your gameplan is still the same from INJ 1. Build meter whenever possible, zone at 3/4ths screen (his best zoning range IMO) and utilize his corner game when given the opportunity.

There haven't been any full on guides at the moment, however relaxed state made a guide for INJ 1 cyborg so hopefully there might be one in the future.

Potentially top 10. This character is way more improved than his previous version with the insane chip damage he now has and to go along with better knockdown pressure, and a faster target aquired. 23 is a great ender midscreen and a good string to use for your pressure. The diagonal air fireball is also a blessing. This character is also a monster in the corner.
It's weird but the majority of top players have him in the bottom 5. I honestly don't know where he places, but I do feel he's better than what he was in injustice 1. The walk speed, 23 string, trait, and diagonal fireball are definitely aspects that I felt me helped him out a lot.

This may be a dumb question but i can not seem to figure it out. Ive noticed sometimes that grapple has armor and sometimes it does not, how come this is?

This may be a dumb question but i can not seem to figure it out. Ive noticed sometimes that grapple has armor and sometimes it does not, how come this is?
Grapple always has armor. What's happening is the armor wears off after a specific number or frames. I'm guessing your just getting hit just as your about to grapple away. This happens to me sometimes if you don't time it right. Also, double hitting attacks (like flash j2) will beat it out clean.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I found some anti wake up tech in the corner with TA. If you do 12b1 exup fist or b231 ex nova blast and end directly in 112. Then do TA as soon as you can. Then jump over the opponent and do a nova blast. It reverses their wake up (tech roll or not) the good thing about this is if you don't time it right it doesn't cross then up even though it looks it should. If they just block it you still have time to pressure them because of the block stun. I hope you all understand what I'm saying I'm tired but wanted to share this with you first. Video to come if needed later lol

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I did forget to mention that if you do this on anyone with a wake up that goes upward then you'll get hit. And if they back dash and you're using the downward fireball then they'll get hit by the fireball. It's a gimmick but i think it'll throw people off