What's new

Guide Cyber Sub-Zero Q&A: Ask a Question, Get an Answer

In no way is Parry a reliable anti-air though. It can be baited and the opponent will get a full combo.
I agree with you somewhat, but parry activates nearly instantly so you could technically use it reliably if you had great timing. Also, Cyber-Sub has very few moves outside of uppercut that act as anti-air at all.

Niflheim

Noob
I agree with you somewhat, but parry activates nearly instantly so you could technically use it reliably if you had great timing. Also, Cyber-Sub has very few moves outside of uppercut that act as anti-air at all.
The Divekick works as great anti-air for me, though you actually have to go in the air to do that.
Icebeam is good anti air also.

JennyCage

t('.'t)
Is there a way to select his alternate color scheme?
Yes, at least in multiplayer. What you do is pick an alternate skin on any other character, confirm it, then back out and pick Cyber. If you do this before the opponent picks you should have dark blue Cyber. This also works for Skarlet.

CSZ's lack of anti-airs is his biggest weakness. I play against the best in SoCal and they bait that shit all day get a huge combo for it. Think about, I land it and I get like 8%. The opponent baits it and gets anywhere from 30% and up. The risk/reward is totally in the opponents favor. Parry is a crap anti-air.

CSZ's lack of anti-airs is his biggest weakness. I play against the best in SoCal and they bait that shit all day get a huge combo for it. Think about, I land it and I get like 8%. The opponent baits it and gets anywhere from 30% and up. The risk/reward is totally in the opponents favor. Parry is a crap anti-air.
Of course it's crap if you just put it on the screen immediately after an opponent jumps, every single time. But I think it's disingenuous to say it's complete crap, because you can do it in moderation and at an extremely late point in the opponent's jump-in. Are you saying that no one ever does a jump-in punch against you when you play Cyber-Sub? Because if they do, you can parry that shit at least a few times as long as you're smart about it.

Of course it's crap if you just put it on the screen immediately after an opponent jumps, every single time. But I think it's disingenuous to say it's complete crap, because you can do it in moderation and at an extremely late point in the opponent's jump-in. Are you saying that no one ever does a jump-in punch against you when you play Cyber-Sub? Because if they do, you can parry that shit at least a few times as long as you're smart about it.
It's more about the risk-reward in doing it. I'm not just some scrub mashing it everytime they jump. The opponent can time the jump punch to hit at different heights too. I only do it once and then people are on the look-out for it. Its incredibly risky to do.

It's more about the risk-reward in doing it. I'm not just some scrub mashing it everytime they jump. The opponent can time the jump punch to hit at different heights too. I only do it once and then people are on the look-out for it. Its incredibly risky to do.
Yea I understand it's risky, my only point is that it can still come in handy. If the opponent is trying to bait it out, then you have won because you can bait their bait, if that makes sense. It's all about the mind games, because in order to bait your parry they have to either empty jump or do an extremely late jump-in punch. Empty jumping is obviously punishable, and if they are doing their jump-in punch very late, it becomes a lot easier to anti-air with other moves (even CSZ's shit anti-air normals can gain priority if the opponent is leaving themselves vulnerable in the air for too long). Not to mention, you can mix this up with doing Parry early and then doing instant double Parry to force them to time their attack in the very small window between the first and second Parry.

Also, I didn't mean to imply you weren't a good player, I was just describing the situation.

Yea I understand it's risky, my only point is that it can still come in handy. If the opponent is trying to bait it out, then you have won because you can bait their bait, if that makes sense. It's all about the mind games, because in order to bait your parry they have to either empty jump or do an extremely late jump-in punch. Empty jumping is obviously punishable, and if they are doing their jump-in punch very late, it becomes a lot easier to anti-air with other moves (even CSZ's shit anti-air normals can gain priority if the opponent is leaving themselves vulnerable in the air for too long). Not to mention, you can mix this up with doing Parry early and then doing instant double Parry to force them to time their attack in the very small window between the first and second Parry.

Also, I didn't mean to imply you weren't a good player, I was just describing the situation.

I totally understand what you mean. I interpreted what you were saying wrong. I though you were implying that it was good all around. Reading comprehension fail on my part. I'm sorry for that. I still don't think it's that useful. Just different schools of thought.

I totally understand what you mean. I interpreted what you were saying wrong. I though you were implying that it was good all around. Reading comprehension fail on my part. I'm sorry for that. I still don't think it's that useful. Just different schools of thought.
Ok, fair enough.

zee

Icy
The enhanced teleport is a guaranteed AA for those crucial moments in a match when you have to escape.

McNasty

Moist.
I'd really like to know start up and active frames for ice parry any takers?

In essence im going in he does it i wait but by the time i think "ive got you now" he can do it again and completely mindfuck me it seems not all low attacks were made equal against this either and tips on what a good counter to this is would be appreciated.

I'd really like to know start up and active frames for ice parry any takers?

In essence im going in he does it i wait but by the time i think "ive got you now" he can do it again and completely mindfuck me it seems not all low attacks were made equal against this either and tips on what a good counter to this is would be appreciated.
Well a universal counter would be doing d+3/4. Most sweeps work as well except for Kano's AFAIK. Kung Lao's b+3 will hit through the counter where as Kano's f+3 does not. Or you can just throw a projectile.

Hi mans, i have a question about CSub's divekick on block. Sometimes i can punish it (im play Shang vs CSub), sometimes not, sometimes it land near me after block, sometimes its land far of me. Please tell me, how divekick is works?

Divekick is only really safe when you hit the opponent in the shins/feet. Any higher, depending on the character, will get you punished. Even if you time it and hit the opponent on the feet you can still get punished by the likes of Kano/Raiden/Reptile etc. If you hit them on the head you don't bounce off of them as far but you will get full combo punished by everyone.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
So, I'd dig around a little longer but I always forget to ask when I'm home and I'm about to clock back in to work. If it's posted I apologize, chastise accordingly but I'm pressed for time.

I've played two Cyber Subs online that have given me some real trouble. It's the constant ice perry. What's a reliable counter to this defensive play style? I may have been seeing things but I noticed low-attacks still connecting. Is this the case? I eat that perry like it's my job.

So, I'd dig around a little longer but I always forget to ask when I'm home and I'm about to clock back in to work. If it's posted I apologize, chastise accordingly but I'm pressed for time.

I've played two Cyber Subs online that have given me some real trouble. It's the constant ice perry. What's a reliable counter to this defensive play style? I may have been seeing things but I noticed low-attacks still connecting. Is this the case? I eat that perry like it's my job.
Either hit them during the recover of parry and get a full combo or if you are not confident enough either hit them with a low 3 or projectile. Also what character are you playing? Some characters have moves that can't be parryed.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Either hit them during the recover of parry and get a full combo or if you are not confident enough either hit them with a low 3 or projectile. Also what character are you playing? Some characters have moves that can't be parryed.
I usually get countered with Cyber Sub if I pick Cage. I've only encountered this style of play twice online. I tried countering during recovery frames but it's quick and I'm not familiar with the opponent and trying resulted in me eating a second ice perry. It's something that'll take some time. I learn something new about my opponents every time I play.

I usually get countered with Cyber Sub if I pick Cage. I've only encountered this style of play twice online. I tried countering during recovery frames but it's quick and I'm not familiar with the opponent and trying resulted in me eating a second ice perry. It's something that'll take some time. I learn something new about my opponents every time I play.
If you can't punish with a combo than just do a low 3 or a projectile (especially Cages EX Fireball, you can dash cancel it into pressure strings. SUPER good)

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Oh shit you know I never thought of that. I only recently discovered the joys of his EX fireball. Thanks man, I'll give that a try.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Question on bombs.

Why do they freeze sometimes and others not. It seems as if they never freeze my opponents, they just juggle.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Question on bombs.

Why do they freeze sometimes and others not. It seems as if they never freeze my opponents, they just juggle.
They will freeze your opponent as long as they aren't knocked down or in stagger state I believe. My suggestion is not to attempt a freeze with the bombs and use them sparingly to either force your opponent to move(full screen for example) or do u4 cancel into medium bomb and pressure them into the trap.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
They will freeze your opponent as long as they aren't knocked down or in stagger state I believe. My suggestion is not to attempt a freeze with the bombs and use them sparingly to either force your opponent to move(full screen for example) or do u4 cancel into medium bomb and pressure them into the trap.
So really thats their only purpose? Can you do the stuff cyrax does wit his bombs?
Im not gonna lie, I never use them but I want to

Kweli

Noob
Not sure if this is answered somewhere already.. BUT...

What are the best options (high, low, etc...) right after a parry?

Typically ive been doing the sweep & parry only because they seem the fastest. Is there any other options I can do?