What's new

Guide Cyber Sub-Zero Q&A: Ask a Question, Get an Answer

Altaire

Noob
How much did the dash change affect CSZ's game?
Also is dash in d+3's more viable now cuz of the reduced negative edge?
Cyber Sub's accidental bomb commands never had anything to do with negative edge. If you input F F 3, you're inputting the bomb command legitimately.

To get a dash in D3, just tap F F DB 3. Input the dash, then hold down-back. The back input will interrupt the bomb command, and you'll still get a D3 from the down input. Cyber Sub's bomb commands really aren't an issue for any high level Cyber Sub player. Pig and J360 both just tap F F B 3 for a dash-in 3, and I personally tap F F U 3 just so I don't run the risk of getting a B3 instead of 3. F F U 3 is the most consistent way to interrupt the bomb input, as it's so easy to just flick your D-pad up after you input the dash there is no U3 input. You won't jump either, as dashes can't be jump-cancelled; when you input F F U 3, the 3 will come out before it's even possible for you to jump.

I've been messing around with doing a teleport after 3,3,2 as it leaves you on the other side of the guy as they are getting up. So far I've just been getting crossover punches and dive kicks afterwards but was curious if anyone else out there was doing this and what they did to follow up. I havnen't tried it in a fight too much yet (I don't have anyone to train with or whatever) and wanna make sure I'm not setting myself up to eat a smackdown sandwich.
There's really no point to doing this. Your opponent will punish you every time, and if you really wanted to switch places, you could just cross them up on knockdown like every other character does.

The only time you should teleport in a combo is after an U4 on a standing opponent in his combo reset, or a U4 knockdown in some of his bomb setups.

Altaire

Noob
The standing reset is to follow a freeze with JIP U4 teleport. Off a JIP 2 1 freeze, JIP U4, you get 28% and a reset opportunity. Generally, your reset options are to throw which totals to 40%, or 3 3 2 slide for a total of 47%. You can also 3 3 EX freeze (make sure you hit confirm this, because it's punishable on block and it'll waste a full bar). Despite what people say, 3 3 and 3 4 do NOT create a mixup situation here, because any idiot can fuzzy guard this with ease. The only practical way to create a mixup situation out of this is to make your opponent guess between taking a combo string or teching a throw, as with Cyrax's command grab. To that end, you can also just 2 1 once your opponent respects the throw option. On hit, you can confirm it for a total of 68% for no meter. On block, you can just go back into your 2 1 blockstring pressure/mixups.

The other setup I mentioned is just a standard U4 mid bomb/close bomb in place of a U4 slide at the end of a combo. You can also teleport after the close bomb so your opponent can't really roll away (they'll either roll towards you or the bomb depending on how fast you teleport). This is J360's setup.

zee

Icy
Q) How punishable is B3,2 on block? It looks bad, but I'm not sure when the opponent gets out of block stun.

I have one question regarding bnb
21~freeze,jip211+2, dash u4~slide
I can connect dash u4 50% of the time and sometimes if I connect the slide whiffs. I do u4~slide in one fluid motion so I think it is a height problem.
Any tips from you would be appreciated

I have one question regarding bnb
21~freeze,jip211+2, dash u4~slide
I can connect dash u4 50% of the time and sometimes if I connect the slide whiffs. I do u4~slide in one fluid motion so I think it is a height problem.
Any tips from you would be appreciated
Practice makes perfect. Just do it quickly after 211+2

Hey I havn't been in here in a while. Last time I was I remember a thread that had a whole lot of videos on the main page including Pig's stuff as well as a bumch of tele resets but I can't find it. Anyone got a link to it?

Hey I havn't been in here in a while. Last time I was I remember a thread that had a whole lot of videos on the main page including Pig's stuff as well as a bumch of tele resets but I can't find it. Anyone got a link to it?
Video in a nutshell---
reset after freezeball: U4xxTele

Reset pressure in midair: Dash, U4xxMidbomb.
You can follow up with a short bomb, a dive kick, more pressure (211+2, 34), or simply turtle on top of the bomb.

B22: It's good to close distance

Pressure: 21 cancel. 211+2. 21cancel into 34/33. 21cancel into crossover. 21grab. 2grab.

corner: 21freeze, 211+2, NJP, 211+2, 34, shortbomb.

Yeah but there were other videos on that thread as well and those were the things I was looking for. One thing I was looking for was a b2,2, tele reset but I can't remember how it went.

Yeah but there were other videos on that thread as well and those were the things I was looking for. One thing I was looking for was a b2,2, tele reset but I can't remember how it went.
There's no reset, but there is a setup for that.
34, B22xxShort Bomb, Teleport.
34, B22xxMidBomb:
From there, you can a) Shortbomb b) Divekick (ex as well) or c) Enhanced bomb into a divekick. You can also do a well timed x-ray that is very difficult to escape, however, the timing is very difficult, and you must practice this frequently as not to lose meter.
You can also teleport.

After each teleport, you can do a jump kick short divekick, a shortdive kick, 34, or an X-ray.

res0

Noob
I have a question... I can't seem to finish this combo 2,1,1+2, dash u4 (insert bomb or slide)... It seems to be the only thing I can't do.. :/ I've tried and tried and tried to no avail and I have nothing to show for it... I can't get u4 to connect... Im always too slow... Is there a way to practice this or do something differently?

i usually do jip,2,1, freeze, jip 2,1,1+2 dash f2,2,1,slide...

I ask this because if i try a bomb at the end it doesnt come out... But it seems u4,bomb works... Why is this? Or did i read something wrong? I didnt think you could throw a bomb out if they've been previously frozen.

Any advice on what i should do would be awesome!

Also i wanna thank glue and everyone of you for the awesome tech and keeping me going and making my CSZ what it is! :D keep it up guys! I dont post much but im always on here looking threw the threads!

Flagg

Noob
Everyone will say practice, practice, but if you really are finding it too hard, there are other things you can do, like juggling with a dash, F22, then you could go, dash, 111 slide, or 11F4, or B22 slide, and so forth. CSZ has some pretty damaging midscreen combos. Yeah the U4 into bomb or slide probably gives you the biggest damage and more instant pressure with the bomb, but there's other stuff he can do that will still net you 38+% damage. Work with what is best for you, while still trying to nail that U4 bomb/slide in the lab until it becomes second nature.

res0

Noob
thanx flag! :D I'll see what I can come up with! :D

Was I wrong about the bomb?

jip,2,1, freeze jip,2,1,1+2 dash u4,bomb... Does the bomb come out still? Or did I read that wrong?

instead of u4 I f2,2,1... But I get no bomb if the get previously frozen...

So I usually shorten it to jip,2,1,1+2 dash f2,2,1,mbomb... Cause f2,2,1 carries them quite a way towards the corner and I still get my bomb for pressure...

Is that good or should is u4 vital to his game?

I can jip,u4,bomb all day im just not quick enough with the dash after 2,1,1+2. :/

But thank you again for the reply

zee

Icy
Hey res0,

The bomb comes out after 21 freeze, 21 1+2, dash u4. The bomb will not freeze, but it's amazing for pressure and baiting wake-ups. Check out Altaire's thread about the reset options.

The information about reliably executing 21 1+2 dash u4 slide is mentioned in various places, but what you need to do is input the dash while CSZ's 1+2 sword animation is taking place. It's the same technique I use for 34 dash b22 slide -- the dash is buffered while CSZ's 4 is on the screen. After the dash, don't wait for any visual confirmation -- just input u4 slide until you perfect the timing. If you get less damage sometimes, you're doing u4 too soon. If the slide whiffs, it was of course too late.

I highly recommend mastering this combo for the best mid-screen damage and great followup opportunities.

res0

Noob
Thank you zee! I'll start buffering dash during the sword animation! I feel like I buffer it too soon and then the dash doesnt come out lol so I will keep working on this til I perfect it! It seems too worthwhile to let go and not use

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Hey res0,

The bomb comes out after 21 freeze, 21 1+2, dash u4. The bomb will not freeze, but it's amazing for pressure and baiting wake-ups. Check out Altaire's thread about the reset options.

The information about reliably executing 21 1+2 dash u4 slide is mentioned in various places, but what you need to do is input the dash while CSZ's 1+2 sword animation is taking place. It's the same technique I use for 34 dash b22 slide -- the dash is buffered while CSZ's 4 is on the screen. After the dash, don't wait for any visual confirmation -- just input u4 slide until you perfect the timing. If you get less damage sometimes, you're doing u4 too soon. If the slide whiffs, it was of course too late.

I highly recommend mastering this combo for the best mid-screen damage and great followup opportunities.
I actualy started useing diffrent variation of that combo with some success. I am not a tournament player so i don't care if i lose or win. What i do is JIP, 21 freeze, JIP 212+1, JP wiff long dive kick, 1 teleport, crossover JIP into more preassure. You drop some damage ,but it is difficult for them to do wake ups. The same strategy i did start using with Cyrax. People learn how to get out from U4 preassure(Cyber Sub) or 121 mid bomb net or En saw preassur(Cyrax).

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Hey guys. I don't remember what match I was watching, it was KL vs CSZ and I noticed something. At first, KL was blocking divekicks standing and punished them rarely, but after a while he started blocking them ducking and started punishing every single time after that. Is this as true as it looks? Can CSZ's divekicks be punished 100% of the time when crouch-blocked?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hey guys. I don't remember what match I was watching, it was KL vs CSZ and I noticed something. At first, KL was blocking divekicks standing and punished them rarely, but after a while he started blocking them ducking and started punishing every single time after that. Is this as true as it looks? Can CSZ's divekicks be punished 100% of the time when crouch-blocked?
Yes, the dive kick can be specifically punished by each character. Unless it is hit below the waist, then it safe on block, and then the wrong punish can be parried.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
But is it better to block ducking?
Yes, but you could be :ex dive kicked, and the last hit of that is overhead, and it grants advanatge, so CSZ will be able to press you again form that with :bp:fp, and because you were ducking, he will be spaced very close.

If you crouch block, because you think the dive kick is coming, he might not dive kick, and instead hit you overhead with a basic JIP combo.

The dive kick is all he has, and its not that great.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Yes, but you could be :ex dive kicked, and the last hit of that is overhead, and it grants advanatge, so CSZ will be able to press you again form that with :bp:fp, and because you were ducking, he will be spaced very close.

If you crouch block, because you think the dive kick is coming, he might not dive kick, and instead hit you overhead with a basic JIP combo.

The dive kick is all he has, and its not that great.
Wow, didn't know was overhead at the end. Thanks for the tips.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Hey this is sorta off topic
but with csz, after kitana does a f+2, 1 and i read shes going to try jump kick fan
does my njp beat it cuz i've been getting blown up by it heaps
should i just take the uppercut?

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Quick question: Why does everyone say that Cyber Sub's pokes are bad? i see it in sigs all the time "poking is for facebook"...is there something wrong with his pokes or is it the ridiculous negative edge problem that Cyber Sub has?

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Quick question: Why does everyone say that Cyber Sub's pokes are bad? i see it in sigs all the time "poking is for facebook"...is there something wrong with his pokes or is it the ridiculous negative edge problem that Cyber Sub has?
no its not that they have bad speed....because his d3 is 6frames...but they recover slower than other pokes.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Now I asked this in the MU forum for CSZ, but didn't get any response. So I'll ask here.

How do you guys feel about the CSZ vs LK matchup? I'd say 6-4 in Liu's favor. I haven't really fought any good CSZ. But I know iafb (and parry?) will beat divekick, low fireball beats slide (unless enhanced), in theory I suppose you could flykick bombs (unlikely unless they get predictable). But I have NO clue about CSZ normals. Also, Liu's wake-up game is crap, so many times I've been rushed down once they knock me down.
Your thoughts?