What's new

Guide Cyber Sub-Zero Q&A: Ask a Question, Get an Answer

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
Ask a question, get an answer!

Preferably gameplay-related questions. Non-gameplay questions can be asked in the Enter CSZ thread.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
When I get the game on the 19th and unlock CSZ, I'll edit this post with my thoughts.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Would you say that he is a better overall character than Sub -zero in this game?
Well i don't know who is better but from the different videos I have seen i would say it comes down to what you look for in a character. They both play on opposite sides of the spectrum. Sub-zero is the defensive punisher/zoner ,while CSZ is a rushdown/zoner. If you are like me you will prefer CSZ as i was dissappointed with Sub-zero's speed in the demo since he is my favorite character. Good thing he comes in "three" different flavors lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
So far, the most fun ive had playing MK9 has been with Robo Frio. He took the spot of my beloved Robo Homo in UMk3, but i didnt think it could work. He is awesome.

btw, where is his alternate outfit? or is there one?

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
Well i don't know who is better but from the different videos I have seen i would say it comes down to what you look for in a character. They both play on opposite sides of the spectrum. Sub-zero is the defensive punisher/zoner ,while CSZ is a rushdown/zoner. If you are like me you will prefer CSZ as i was dissappointed with Sub-zero's speed in the demo since he is my favorite character. Good thing he comes in "three" different flavors lol
lol, this is a pretty good response; I don't have anything to add.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

RobG

Noob
excuse me if this is a noob question but what are some of his good normals? i know a buch of combos but i can't even do any because i lack basic knowledge of the kombat system.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
excuse me if this is a noob question but what are some of his good normals? i know a buch of combos but i can't even do any because i lack basic knowledge of the kombat system.
d+2 and b+4 are standard, f+4 is good because it jumps over sweeps and knocks back. Long start-up and unsafe on block, though. Do the 1,1,f+4 string for a much safer alternative--it's hit confirmable and start-up is much faster since it's a jab.

His good strings are 3,3,(2), 3,4, b+3,2(1), and 1,1,f+4. 3,3,2, 3,4, and b+3,2,1 all work well with each other to create a pretty solid mix-up game, and each option has a follow up or combo on hit (depends on if you are at the wall or mid screen). The mix-up potential here is beastly when the opponent is against the wall.

Very good stuff.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
As of right now, Ice Bombs are pretty useless. Even after moves that have untechable knockdown, the ice bomb freeze cool down window is too big to throw an ice bomb that will freeze out. By the time you wait for the freeze window to be up, the opponent is already standing and able to move/dodge it.

What the Best Normals - String Moves For CSZ /??
[2,1,1+2] will launch and let you continue a combo (safe as far as i can tell)
[3,4] gives you an overhead on the second hit for crouch blockers (safe)
[3,3,2] hits low on the second hit for standing blockers (safe)

CSZ has no single overhead attack, but his b.3 hits low and you can hit confirm his [b.3,2,1] string which does 16% damage.

I generally stick with 2,1 as a base string, especially after jump-ins, because that combos into Ice Ball for basic BnB combos. [3,4] and [3,3,2] are used when necessary based on the situation. I've only recently committed to Cyber Sub-Zero so I'm no expert as of now, but this is what I have picked up so far.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
2,1 by itself is also a good string. Hit-confirmable to freeze, safe (-1 on block), and can be mixed up with 2,1,1+2 on trained opponents.

His best normals are:

2,1,1+2
b+4 (Sweep. I'm sure his sweep is safe on block)

In the corner, some other normals become more useful, but this is it for overall normals.

What are the properties of his enhanced parry?
I believe enhanced parry activates on all hits (including low pokes, which regular parry won't work against). Enhanced version will simply freeze the opponent, allowing you to perform a combo (whereas regular parry activates an automatic counter-hit).

Error Macro

It April yet?
I believe enhanced parry activates on all hits (including low pokes, which regular parry won't work against). Enhanced version will simply freeze the opponent, allowing you to perform a combo (whereas regular parry activates an automatic counter-hit).
Thank you for the info