What's new

Guide Cyber Sub-Zero Q&A: Ask a Question, Get an Answer

Didn't damage scaling change for frozen opponents?
There is no damage scaling for Cyber Sub Zero on freeze as far as I can tell. This applies to ninja sub zero who is my main.

You can see that the damage isn't scaled for cyber sub on freeze by just doing a basic combo ender of JIP, 2,1,2+1, dash f+1,4 which does 30%. Freeze the target and practice the same exact combo and it does the same exact damage. Figured this out while cutting up the different parts of his combo to practice.

The difference here is that ninja Sub Zero combo ender which he has 2 but they both do less damage if you freeze the target first as opposed to just doing the ender on the target.

-M-

Noob
I'm not sure if it's general scaling or the freeze scaling, but some combos do 1% less, and the 61% corner x-ray now does 59%, though 1-2% is nothing to get upset over if that's the case. Though a lot of BnB's still do the same damage as they used to.

I'm not sure if it's general scaling or the freeze scaling, but some combos do 1% less, and the 61% corner x-ray now does 59%, though 1-2% is nothing to get upset over if that's the case. Though a lot of BnB's still do the same damage as they used to.
Everyone got very very slightly hit with the overall damage scaling I'm pretty sure. Freeze scaling does not apply in any way to Cyber Sub-Zero. With or without freeze his stuff does the same damage. Take off the JPS 2,1~freeze on all his combos and just do whatever the end is and you will get the same damage as if you just straight freeze instead of tacking on the 2,1.

R2FI

Noob
which is the best punish for a blocked move which leaves your opponent in that "air recovery roll animation" - you know, raiden superman, ermac/smoke/scorpion teleport punch, etc?

i tried 2, 1, 1+2, but the 1 whiffs and therefore 1+2 whiffs, too
3, 3, 2, slide works, but the timing is tricky and overall the string is height dependant - too late or too early and the second 3 whiffs
3, 4 seems to be very consistent but there has to be a more damaging punish?

which is the best punish for a blocked move which leaves your opponent in that "air recovery roll animation" - you know, raiden superman, ermac/smoke/scorpion teleport punch, etc?

i tried 2, 1, 1+2, but the 1 whiffs and therefore 1+2 whiffs, too
3, 3, 2, slide works, but the timing is tricky and overall the string is height dependant - too late or too early and the second 3 whiffs
3, 4 seems to be very consistent but there has to be a more damaging punish?
If you are playing offline, you can actually time your attack to hit the opponent as he is landing from the roll, and you can do any full combo. However, the timing on this is pretty strict and if you are playing online, chances are you will miss the small window due to lag.

So, there are a few things you can do:

3,3,2,Slide which does 21%

3,4 and then follow that up with a Slide also, you just have to wait a split second after the second kick hits and separate the inputs of the 4 and the Slide. That does 20%.

3,4,dash,f.1,Slide does 23%

R2FI

Noob
didn't see there are two "ask csz" threads, so i repost it here again:

R2FI said:
how many startup frames does ice parry have? must be crazy fast.

yesterday i interrupted another csz, while he was doing 2, 1, 1+2. i mashed on parry after blocking 2, 1 and got him when he ended with 1+2.
same thing with raidens 3, 3, 4 (block 3, 3, parry the 4)

i'm sure there are a lot other strings which can be interrupted

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
I don't know what the start up frames are, but if we as a CSZ group can do some work and compile a list of what strings from every character can be interrupted, that would be amazing. The possibility to effectively stifle an opponent's string-based mixups is too immense for this nugget of info to go ignored.

R2FI

Noob
great idea, and i would love to contribute. but since all players near me play BB, AH3, MVC3 and mainly SF4, i have no ppl to test.
so until pmode gets patched and receives more functionality, the only possible way for me to test this is online.

but a rule of thumb may be:
if there is a visible gap between strings, which could be used to sneak specials with armor in (like raiden enh superman or most xrays), csz could parry in between.

Not sure if this is the thread for this but ill give it a shot. I have mainly been using mileena for about a week and half and shes fun and all but i used cyber sub-zero in the story mode and really really liked playing him, hes so dam fun to me with all the tools he has and this might seem strange but his dash makes me want to play him also lol. Im just wondering if anyone would want to mentor me and if you dont feel like doing that, atleast get some casuals in and show a newb some things. I look forward to learning more about him because i have alot of fun with him. I will start a tym xbox live room later in the day so if anyone wants to come show me some things with him that would be awesome.

R2FI

Noob
does u4 have any use beside as comboender after 2,1,1+2?

couldn't find any use as part of a cornercombo, the startup is way to slow to use it to evade lows, when you froze the opponent in mid air u4xxslide does less damage then 34, dash, b22 xx slide, ...

i usually only use them vs people who dont have tele and against raiden its good to throw a close one and just stand on it

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Hey peeps,
I decided to take cyber sub as my secondary and Im having difficulty doing his combos.
For example:
B+2, 2 , Slide

I can never get the slide...Whats the trick lol

Hey peeps,
I decided to take cyber sub as my secondary and Im having difficulty doing his combos.
For example:
B+2, 2 , Slide

I can never get the slide...Whats the trick lol
After you input the b+2, you should immediately buffer the slide input while at the same time inputting the second 2. Sound much more complicated than what it really is.

Your input should basically be this: b+2,b,2,f,4. In other words, don't hold back as you input the first 2, you should literally be doing b+2 very quickly and at the same time. Just practice this and make it memory all as one motion, that's what worked for me. Thinking too much about it as you're inputting it will probably mess you up. I'd recommend going in practice mode and doing the b+2,2,Slide on a standing dummy until you get the complete input down pat. Hope this helps.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
There isn't much, to be honest. Other than the standard uppercut, a well-timed 4 can do the trick. Either way Parry is your best choice for most situations
K, it just gets tricky when people keep jumping back over and hitting me with a 1/2. Makes doing the input for counter hard cause the side keeps switching.

K, it just gets tricky when people keep jumping back over and hitting me with a 1/2. Makes doing the input for counter hard cause the side keeps switching.
If you're trying to anti-air a cross up punch, it's all about timing. You just have to learn the earliest point where the controls are reversed, and put the parry on the screen then.