What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Could Sub-Zero's sinister-sounding voice be a viable factor as to who he is?

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Specifically it's the Sub-Zero family, e.g., Bi Han, Kuai Liang and Frost are descendents of cryomancers. Lin Kuei are technically that of Earth since Smoke is a pureblood Earthrealmer with some freaky Czechslovakian magic stuff to give him smoke powers, same with the rest of the Lin Kuei like Cyrax and Sektor.
Czechoslovakia split years ago.

Subby Z

Noob
Which brings up more questions. Like where did the idea of him splitting into 2 forms come from? is it theory or does it have fact behind it?
It all comes from his Armageddon ending where it says after defeating blaze Bi-han was separated from Noob Saibot. The two dueled over who would take the body, but what emerged was something completely different.

So, basically he still didn't become Sub-Zero, but like a mesh of the two most likely.

Also, this is a completely NON-CANON ENDING. All of the Armageddon endings were non-canon.

Then someone asked about Noob Saibot on twitter. Boon replied "No, there's Noob and there's Saibot". Which still does not = Sub-Zero.

So, basically there's no REAL evidence to support Bi-han is a different being from Noob Saibot. I mean do people see Scorpion and Hanzo Hasashi as different characters? Did the soulnado rip the spectre from Scorpion? Nope.

It's really just baseless shit to get Bi-han back as Sub-Zero even though his role there has been ended end for quite some time.

Also, some people say oh the soulnado purified Bi-han. Purify would mean he's cleansed of evil. So, you want Kuai Liang's character, but for his name to be Bi-han?

FOXSOLID

Noob
Wait, Sub-Zero has a ground pound? That's very out of character
Nothing is more out of character than a shoehorned teleport like they gave him in MKvsDC.

I HATE when they just give people teleports for NO reason.

Teleports should be restricted to ethereal kinds of characters only.

Scorpion (him most of all)
Smoke (a Scorpion copy, letting him slide)
Raiden (he's a god, nuff said)
Noob Saibot (he's a shadow, makes sense)

THAT'S IT!

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm stating that part is crucially inaccurate to the set story that precedes it. The story prior never states Scorpion (specter) fighting Subzero before AND at the tournament. Hanzo got killed...then showed up as Scorpion at the first MK to face and kill Subzero. Hanzo also wearing a suit he wasn't supposed to have at the time is also inaccurate.
Right, but it's still completely irrelevant. Sub still dies in mk1, whether he saw it coming or not. Scorpions clothes ae irrelevant, as are sub zeros feelings.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
It all comes from his Armageddon ending where it says after defeating blaze Bi-han was separated from Noob Saibot. The two dueled over who would take the body, but what emerged was something completely different.

So, basically he still didn't become Sub-Zero, but like a mesh of the two most likely.

Also, this is a completely NON-CANON ENDING. All of the Armageddon endings were non-canon.

Then someone asked about Noob Saibot on twitter. Boon replied "No, there's Noob and there's Saibot". Which still does not = Sub-Zero.

So, basically there's no REAL evidence to support Bi-han is a different being from Noob Saibot. I mean do people see Scorpion and Hanzo Hasashi as different characters? Did the soulnado rip the spectre from Scorpion? Nope.

It's really just baseless shit to get Bi-han back as Sub-Zero even though his role there has been ended end for quite some time.

Also, some people say oh the soulnado purified Bi-han. Purify would mean he's cleansed of evil. So, you want Kuai Liang's character, but for his name to be Bi-han?
Yes. I'm a bi han fan and you're a kuai liang fan. Don't expect an agreement

FOXSOLID

Noob
Right, but it's still completely irrelevant. Sub still dies in mk1, whether he saw it coming or not. Scorpions clothes ae irrelevant, as are sub zeros feelings.
How is what Hanzo (not Scorpion) is wearing irrelevant? There is a massive reason as to why he wears a yellow Lin Kuei outfit. It also gives people the false impression that Scorpion the spectre was killed when it was really a mere human with no supernatural abilities that was killed. He simply used a code name. But he should not be wearing something that he wears due to his death and his family's death, BEFORE he dies.

Either way the game fucking sucks and NR is known for losing track of their own stories.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Nothing is more out of character than a shoehorned teleport like they gave him in MKvsDC.

I HATE when they just give people teleports for NO reason.

Teleports should be restricted to ethereal kinds of characters only.

Scorpion (him most of all)
Smoke (a Scorpion copy, letting him slide)
Raiden (he's a god, nuff said)
Noob Saibot (he's a shadow, makes sense)

THAT'S IT!
If sub zero has gp then there's no Jax. Maybe no Termor either. I hated sub mk vs dc teleport as well but grew to like it's usefulness

This.

Also, there is a canon explanation of why the shirai ryu wear yellow. A long before Scorpion's existence, a rebel member (Takeda) of the Lin Kuei abandoned them, fled to Japan, and created the shirai ryu. He introduced the yellow colors to mock the lin kuei. so, everything is on track.

Thanks for clarifying that, I like your style.

Here's why I think it's Kuai Liang:
  1. All 3 variations have hints. CRYOMANCER have frozen arms, UNBREAKABLE has his MKDA/MK9 mask, and GRANDMASTER has a medallion on his chest.
  2. The MKX mask looks cyborg-ish
  3. Scorpion calls him a murderer in the intro dialogue, and he replies by saying he's innocent. Kuai Liang never murdered Scorpion or his clan, but Bi-Han did kill Scorpion.

I like Bi- han very much. He was the first sub-zero anyway, then became noob saibot- who is a very interesting character.
Kuai Liang is the developed and established SUBZERO. We all know it.
In MK9 subzero's primary design/costume is Kuai, not Bi- han.
in MK3 while some of the iconic characters were missing for several reasons, Sub-zero was there as Kuai Liang.
Damn, even in the non canon disaster of MKvsDC, Kuai Liang was behind the mask.

I don't understand why Bi- Han fans want to mix things up. If the story writers keep changing the person behind the mask, then indeed Sub-zero will become a "legacy" character.With too much confusion around him, he'll eventually lose his importance as the franchise's no.2 . (as he is becoming more and more of a punchbag through the years)

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?

In Noob's MKD ending it is sayed Bi-Han's soul was tainted when he died, and in MKA's konquest mode Kuai Liang tells Taven he was corrupted but now he has a chance to save him. Both those things imply Bi-Han is not entirely himself when he is Noob Saibot, and while it is not something that can be proved, it is not something that can be completely dismissed. Therefore, there is a possibility to have Bi-Han as himself again.

Personally, I would have him be a mix for one game before being separated, and then would have Noob Saibot as one character and Bi-Han as another, but I wouldn't make him take the Sub-Zero mantle, I would make him a different character based on ice, but with a complete different moveset and would have him chase Noob down. None of that will happen, but it would let all fans get what they want.

And we don't know what exactly is the difference, but it is stated Scorpion is an expecter while Noob Saibot is a demon, it is not bad to assume they work in different ways. Either way, Scorpion ended up with the Elder Gods after being thrown into a soulnado, who's to say they are not the one to "restore" him. That Sub-Zero is probably not Bi-Han, but the truth is it is easier to justify him being human again than it is to justify why Kuai Liang would be.

PD:Also, when people say purified they mean that he would be released from that corruption that Noob Saibot is, he would be his pure self again, not in a budish monk kind of way.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
So you feel he's a really old SubZero? I believe back in MK1, it was stated that Bi Han (And Scorpion) were 32 years old.

That would make his father pretty damn old by this game's timeline.
Logcially he'd have to be somewhat at the very least about late 60's but then again it would realistically be around mid 70's to early 80's.... Yeah I don't think it's the father either lol.
Either it's someone not related to the family but in some way to the clan, and or it is a child/sibling of Bi-Han or his brother, Child seems unlikely given their circumstances.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
If Bi-Han was seperated from Noob Saibot, could Smoke then be joined with him? Noob-Smoke used to be awesome.

And before now I always preferred Bi-Han due to his attitude. If Kuai Liang acts the same way then I'm happy to play him as well.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
But he should not be wearing something that he wears due to his death and his family's death, BEFORE he dies.
Is that so, however? I was under impression that Scorpion adopted yellow as a "take that" to Lin Kuei some time before Shirai Ryu massacre which wasn't the cause but a consequence of rivalry between clans? About the time he left Lin Kuei order, I think.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Is that so, however? I was under impression that Scorpion adopted yellow as a "take that" to Lin Kuei some time before Shirai Ryu massacre which wasn't the cause but a consequence of rivalry between clans? About the time he left Lin Kuei order, I think.
Yes it is so, he wears a yellow Lin Kuei suit to mock them as cowards for killing his clan and family.