What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Could Sub-Zero's sinister-sounding voice be a viable factor as to who he is?

I wonder if there is a chance that this subzero is a specter(perhaps Quan Chi would rather have Subzero as a human specter rather than a robot soul?), considering his eyes resemble that of Scorpion,which they never had before. I understand that he has been depicted with glowing eyes,but I don't think he has ever had just plain white eyes. Here is a good pic showing his eyes. http://imgur.com/kMH3CnA

Last edited:
Ok, it's time. I'm callin'it:

Sub-zero will be both Bi- Han/ Kuai Liang depending on the variation ( ex. Grandmaster= Kuai Liang)

there are 2 different dialogues between him and Scorpion so far, where the one is the "our innocence" thing which hints Kuai and blah blah.
The "Shirai ryu dog" dialogue hints towards Bi- Han, as he is more into clan and honor bullshit. Kuai wanted to escape the lin kuei between mk2- mk3 in both timelines anyway.

in MK9 Subzero's primary costume is Kuai, while his secondary is Bi- Han. something similar is happening in MK X.

Also let's stop the Subzero is Raiden/ Shao Kahn bullshit. :DOGE

Subby Z

Noob

Sub-zero will be both Bi- Han/ Kuai Liang depending on the variation ( ex. Grandmaster= Kuai Liang)

there are 2 different dialogues between him and Scorpion so far, where the one is the "our innocence" thing which hints Kuai and blah blah.
The "Shirai ryu dog" dialogue hints towards Bi- Han, as he is more into clan and honor bullshit. Kuai wanted to escape the lin kuei between mk2- mk3 in both timelines anyway.

in MK9 Subzero's primary costume is Kuai, while his secondary is Bi- Han. something similar is happening in MK X.

What I think could be cool is if Kuai is telling Scorpion he's innocent and maybe Scorpion has flashbacks of Bi-Han trying to decipher differences between him and Kuai Liang.

So maybe in real time it's Kuai, but Scorpion's flashbacks look at Bi-Han? Just something I'm throwing out there.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

I think it really is just gonna be some Joe Schmo Sub Zero. =/

This makes me sad.

I'd rather have either of the 2 REAL Sub Zero's than some random poser Sub (Hence why I also hate frost)

I think it really is just gonna be some Joe Schmo Sub Zero. =/

This makes me sad.

I'd rather have either of the 2 REAL Sub Zero's than some random poser Sub (Hence why I also hate frost)

Bro, I'm sure it's not gonna be another lin kuei sissy

Think of my theory deeper!. ( Also, this pattern doesn't exclude Noob Saibot from being playable)

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
The fact he said "Im tired im trying to prove my innocence" makes me think its the older Brother, it sounded like being through this too many times

Roachthroat

I WILL SHOW YOU WAR - Black Adam
Sub-Zero also freezes himself in Shao Kahn's armour when he says "I will freeze your soul" Skip to 1:00

And Cyber Sub-Zero's arcade ending?
Everything I had heard since E3 was weightless speculation, but this my man is hard evidence I would put money on the fact that whoever Subby is he's got something to do with Shao Kahn

Sub-zero is the only character who is 2 different people, I bet 1.000000000000 euros that NRS are implementing both of them through the variation system.

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
More about Kahn-Zero, if we look at him in special moves department, not only does he summon an exact ice replica of Wrath Hammer and uses Kahn's MK3 fireball shape for EX Freeze, but the Barrier of Frost is in fact a frozen replica of Emperor's Shield from MKD/MKA/MKvsDC. I believe this is the reason they changed it so drastically from usual Ice Parry where Sub only freezes his own body

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Okay, I can see some logic (of somewhat far-fetched kind, but still) in this Kahn-Zero thing. But sense, does it make one? I mean, really...

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
If you're about MK team's sense of "rehash anything left from characters that are absent in current game" then yes

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Honestly the whole Kahn-Zero thing would be a disappointment. Why bring someone who was supposedly killed by the elder gods and make him a character he has nothing to do with. Personally I'd like to see someone else take the mantle of Sub Zero and show that he is stronger than Bi-han and Kuai. Or even have Bi-han have some sort of internal conflict with his tainted soul and have to fight for the control of it. Sort of like Noob's ending in MKA. Like during the story you have to use Subby and fight Noob.

trufenix

bye felicia
Honestly the whole Kahn-Zero thing would be a disappointment. Why bring someone who was supposedly killed by the elder gods and make him a character he has nothing to do with.
It's just people with nothing to talk about grasping at straws. Like Scarecrow Ermac's confirmation and Smoke being in Kotal's variation bubble. NRS has never made a plot that required more than a basic understand of the mk universe to follow. The sort of plot gymnastics necessary to transform a disintegrated outworld warlord into an ice powered earthrealm assassin would be insane.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I have a feeling... no reason to assume it's correct but I think Ed Boon is totally fucking with us with the "sea of Sub-Zeros" comment.

If he just came out and said "it's Kuai Liang" it wouldn't have been a big deal, BUT it's not the identity of Sub-Zero that is important. It's what we know about what happened to both of them in MK9.

If we knew it was Kuai Liang the majority of us would assume that Shinnok and Quan Chi revived him, and in some sick irony used him as a tool to destroy the Gods just as they did with his older brother long ago.

Think about it. Cyber Sub-Zero is at rock bottom, literally. He's in Netherrealm trapped in a cybernetic body as a slave to Quan Chi. Tell me, wouldn't you offer your services in exchange for your humanity back and to be able to go home and walk the earth? Even if it meant doing something terrible like destroying the ones you once called friends. I'm sure Netherrealm also distorts the mind and makes you desperate.

It would be so fucking cinematic. Imagine, at the end of his chapter Scorpion gets his ultimate revenge on Quan Chi, constricting him with a hellfiend. In a Dexter Morgan-sequel fashion he says his grandiose bullshit and burns him alive. This frees Sub-Zero from the sorcerer'a control. Quan Chi, having died with the REAL amulet leaves an overconfident Shinnok wide open for Sub-Zero to rip the fallen elder gods head off from his throat. Sub-Zero avenges his older brother whose fate was sent down a path straight to hell the moment he started the quest for the amulet. Scorpion and Sub-Zero awkwardly bro hug and go home, immediately adding each other as friends on Facebook.

This scenario would explain this MKX Sub-Zero's undead like eyes. I don't have an explanation of the human head under the mask, but it would be awesome if he was basically revived as a vengeful ice wrath, similar to Scorpion. That would explain the hostility towards Scorpion had he been manipulated in a similar manner.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I have a feeling... no reason to assume it's correct but I think Ed Boon is totally fucking with us with the "sea of Sub-Zeros" comment.

If he just came out and said "it's Kuai Liang" it wouldn't have been a big deal, BUT it's not the identity of Sub-Zero that is important. It's what we know about what happened to both of them in MK9.

If we knew it was Kuai Liang the majority of us would assume that Shinnok and Quan Chi revived him, and in some sick irony used him as a tool to destroy the Gods just as they did with his older brother long ago.

Think about it. Cyber Sub-Zero is at rock bottom, literally. He's in Netherrealm trapped in a cybernetic body as a slave to Quan Chi. Tell me, wouldn't you offer your services in exchange for your humanity back and to be able to go home and walk the earth? Even if it meant doing something terrible like destroying the ones you once called friends. I'm sure Netherrealm also distorts the mind and makes you desperate.

It would be so fucking cinematic. Imagine, at the end of his chapter Scorpion gets his ultimate revenge on Quan Chi, constricting him with a hellfiend. In a Dexter Morgan-sequel fashion he says his grandiose bullshit and burns him alive. This frees Sub-Zero from the sorcerer'a control. Quan Chi, having died with the REAL amulet leaves an overconfident Shinnok wide open for Sub-Zero to rip the fallen elder gods head off from his throat. Sub-Zero avenges his older brother whose fate was sent down a path straight to hell the moment he started the quest for the amulet. Scorpion and Sub-Zero awkwardly bro hug and go home, immediately adding each other as friends on Facebook.

This scenario would explain this MKX Sub-Zero's undead like eyes. I don't have an explanation of the human head under the mask, but it would be awesome if he was basically revived as a vengeful ice wrath, similar to Scorpion. That would explain the hostility towards Scorpion had he been manipulated in a similar manner.
The only reason why this would 't make sense is because Brotherhood of shadows members don't fight between themselves, not since mk2 tho.

And also, scorpion had his revenge in mk9, he didn't even cared about Kuai Liang waiting revenge at all, he got his ass beat and moved on back to netherrealm lol

I still think this is someone else, maybe someone older that his powers actually changed have grown beyond Kuai and Bi, that his eyes have also changed form.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
The only reason why this would 't make sense is because Brotherhood of shadows members don't fight between themselves, not since mk2 tho.

I still think this is someone else, maybe someone older that his powers actually changed have grown beyond Kuai and Bi, that his eyes have also changed form.
None of the brotherhood would be fighting with each other. I could always see Quan Chi having a hidden agenda because he's a douche, though.

You may be right but unless this Sub-Zero is from 25 years in the future i don't think he's been "maintaining our innocence" all that long. That line leads me to believe that this sub has a history with Scorpion, and Scorpion is hopefully not dumb enough to think a 3rd Sub-Zero had anything to do with the murder of his family.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
None of the brotherhood would be fighting with each other. I could always see Quan Chi having a hidden agenda because he's a douche, though.

You may be right but unless this Sub-Zero is from 25 years in the future i don't think he's been "maintaining our innocence" all that long. That line leads me to believe that this sub has a history with Scorpion, and Scorpion is hopefully not dumb enough to think a 3rd Sub-Zero had anything to do with the murder of his family.
U could be right tho, maybe at some point of the history there will be flash backs fights, that could point out the fact that bi appear human.

Cryomancers are not earthrealmers, they age slow like outworlders, so i wouldnt be surprised if this sub is the father, or someone else as Ed Boon said.

trufenix

bye felicia
Its way more likely that Ed Boon isn't the story director and thus doesn't know all the intricacies of the plot.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
U could be right tho, maybe at some point of the history there will be flash backs fights, that could point out the fact that bi appear human.

Cryomancers are not earthrealmers, they age slow like outworlders, so i wouldnt be surprised if this sub is the father, or someone else as Ed Boon said.
Just when I thought the MK canon couldn't get sloppier. I hope it isn't Sub-Daddy. He had no notable relationship with Scorpion and no reason to maintain his innocence. Are they gonna rewrite it so Scorpion is like "well Quan chi said you did it so yuh huh. You rack a disciprin and vengeance will be mine or whatever."

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just when I thought the MK canon couldn't get sloppier. I hope it isn't Sub-Daddy. He had no notable relationship with Scorpion and no reason to maintain his innocence. Are they gonna rewrite it so Scorpion is like "well Quan chi said you did it so yuh huh. You rack a disciprin and vengeance will be mine or whatever."
Hhahahahahahaha

He is a lin kuei scum"bag" tho

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Bi-Han, lost forever within the Soulnado, is brought back as a revenge fulled spectre by Quan. During Shinnok's invasion of Earth he hunts down Fujin and defeats him but is defeated in turn by Raiden. For decades he serves Shinnok without question but he is suddenly faced with the soul of his brother. With the truth about Quan Chi's manipulation revealed he escapes his graps and plots his revenge in Outworld. He is confronted by Scorpion, who is on his own quest for vengeance, and the life long enemies make an alliance. They cross paths with Fujin, left for dead in Outworld by Hotaru, and join his group which include Rain, Skarlet and Kenshi. They fight the Lin Kuei and free Cyrax's from his cybernetic trance. Sub Zero kills Sektor, becoming Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei. After a fight with Outworld's new lord, Kotal Kahn, the group go to Earthrrealm and infiltrate Shinnok's palace. Once inside, Quan Chi gains control over Sub-Zero once more. He kills most of his allies and is only stopped when he mutually destroys Scorpion. In his arcade ending Sub-Zero finds his family's Outworld origin from the ice spirits known as Hebiyuki and possessed with their powers brings an endless winter to the Realms.