What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Could Sub-Zero's sinister-sounding voice be a viable factor as to who he is?

Subby Z

Noob
This thread would seem to show that there are still a lot of people who consider Bi-han the real Sub-Zero and would like to have him back in that role. Kuai Liang is a good developed character, and he has carried the mantle of Sub-zero for almost all games, but what Bi-Han did with it is both more impressive and relevant to the storyline. How can you say he is not the real Sub-zero when he is the one with his own game?

Because mythologies was a shitty game and a lot of people forget it exists?

Plus Fixcanon even seems to question whether said game is actually canon.

Also, you can say Bi-Han beat gods, but Kuai Liang beat him in MK9 so what does that say?

Plus he was in one main game as Sub-Zero compared to Kuai's 8. Hell, in MK9 Bi-han's role was being killed by Scorpion. Meanwhile Kuai gets TWO count em TWO chapters. That's what I say Bi-Han was just a prerequisite.

Also, Bi-Han is already established as Noob Saibot now. Hell, he's been Noob for 10 years this year I believe. Plus, that's the character Bi-Han fans want anyway. He's evil. He's just not Sub-Zero.

this Subzero looks a little too young to be the father, an if Crymancers age anything like humans, he'd be old as shit 25 years after MK9.
Well some people think it's Bi-Han changed back after the Soulnado sucked up Noob. It did turn purple when that happened. We don't know what happened from that. Maybe sucked all the evil out of him?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
That's what I think happened too, but I'm not betting on it for sure.

This Sub seems like a real hardass like Bi-Han, so maybe.

trufenix

bye felicia
Ugh, I really hate that game.
So because it throws off one scene in a 20 year old comic, you want to throw out the only game written entirely by the actual story creator without abandon?

Mythologies is a piece of shit game, but it's relevance to the mk canon can't be denied. It sets up way too many plot lines that nrs has followed to the t post Tobias and post reboot.

So because it throws off one scene in a 20 year old comic, you want to throw out the only game written entirely by the actual story creator without abandon?

Mythologies is a piece of shit game, but it's relevance to the mk canon can't be denied. It sets up way too many plot lines that nrs has followed to the t post Tobias and post reboot.
I totally agree.

trufenix

bye felicia
My best guess is that sub is fed up with Scorpion's shit and finally saying fuck you.
well, the reality is this is going to be the first actual mk where we get to see kombatant personalities. There've been touched on here and there in story modes and endings, but we've had pretty generic intros, win poses and no real dialogue (which is where most other games really bring out the characters) for the longest time. Its actually kinda sad that NRS is saying bye bye to a lot of the old characters in this, cause we'll never get to see this side of them.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I want this to be Bi-Han summoned by Quan Chi from the soulnado as a demon for whatever purpose.
Also this needs to happen!

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Because mythologies was a shitty game and a lot of people forget it exists?

Plus Fixcanon even seems to question whether said game is actually canon.
Even when it is bad the cannon of the game is not in question, it is key to several events. Raiden even acknowledges that after Bi-han dies in MK9, and I would't be surprised if some of those events are touched again for this game.

Also, you can say Bi-Han beat gods, but Kuai Liang beat him in MK9 so what does that say?
It says a cibernetically enhanced Kuai Liang is stronger than Bi-han's demon form, which is not true of his human form, as Noob Saibot defeated Kuai Liang in MKA even when he was wearing the dragon medallion. Bi-han was also the one selected as the best warrior when Quan Chi requested the services of the Lin Kuei, and when you consider the reward was exterminating the opponent clan, you can be pretty sure they chose out of skill and not because of his name.

Plus he was in one main game as Sub-Zero compared to Kuai's 8. Hell, in MK9 Bi-han's role was being killed by Scorpion. Meanwhile Kuai gets TWO count em TWO chapters. That's what I say Bi-Han was just a prerequisite.

Also, Bi-Han is already established as Noob Saibot now. Hell, he's been Noob for 10 years this year I believe. Plus, that's the character Bi-Han fans want anyway. He's evil. He's just not Sub-Zero.
I don't see how being a prerequisite works in Kuai Liangs favour, it only means that if Bi-han hadn't died, Kuai Liang would be nothing. In any case it is more a weakness than a strength, seeing how he can't be a developed character by his own.

And I don't know why you keep speaking in behalf of the Bi-Han community when you are not a fan of him. You say that is the character we want, yet this thread is proving there is a lot of people who actually want something else. It is okay to disagree, and completely understand the fact you want something else, but please don't tell us Bi-Han fans what is that we want for the character.

9_Lives

Noob
I think Subzero just wants to freeze Scorpion's soul for being a d-bag. Character specific dialogue? Does anyone have footage from that Farrah/Torr Subzero match? Perhaps he says it in there as well.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Same here. Sub's new ice hammer looks awfully familiar to Kahn's as well.
Starting to think Shao Kahn's absorbs Noob Saibot's body and revives as Bi-Han, but has been taken over by Shao Kahn. Would explain why he has a hammer and uses his ice to create Shao's "Armor."

It could also just be a taunting jester.

EDIT: Or it could be like the appearance of the "Joker" toy in an early preview of Injustice that was actually a hint that Joker was going to be in the game? Shao Kahn confirmed for MKX?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
The part about what the Shirai Ryu wear is false. Scorpion wore a yellow Lin Kuei suit to mock SubZero and the Lin Kuei as cowards.

This is why I hate Mythologies....it's so poorly written and in my eyes, inaccurate. Hanzo Hasashi wearing Scorpion's outfit (Lin Kuei suit in yellow) in the initial battle with SubZero made no sense because he hadn't actually BECOME Scorpion yet.

On top of that, they have him encounter SubZero a second time...now he IS Scorpion and they had him wearing his MK3 suit.

http://www.kamidogu.com/images/comics/mk01_12.jpg

The comic illustration above from Midway comics (which is canon) clearly displays SubZero in terror which means that was the first time he had encountered Scorpion.....so how is it that in Mythologies, he fights Scorpion BEFORE the first tournament? To me personally, that was a non canon, filler fight. Mythologies just blows my mind with it's inaccuracies.

Ugh, I really hate that game.

EDIT: Also, it wasn't an amulet, it was a map they were both sent to retrieve.
I thought the two clans were rivals before anyone was killed anyway.

-Also the amulet in question is Shinnok's amulet. I think the person was jumping through the story to explain events more clearly.

FOXSOLID

Noob

I'm stating that part is crucially inaccurate to the set story that precedes it. The story prior never states Scorpion (specter) fighting Subzero before AND at the tournament. Hanzo got killed...then showed up as Scorpion at the first MK to face and kill Subzero. Hanzo also wearing a suit he wasn't supposed to have at the time is also inaccurate.

SubZeroIce

Runway
Am i the only one who likes Kuai Liang? I liked the Good Sub-Zero because it gave him more importance. I hope one of the versions of Subby in the game is Kuai Liang or there's a costume or something. Bi Han was alright, but he was better a Noob.

On topic though, I think it's a completely different Sub-Zero.

Glass Sword

Nobody
What confuses me is in the intro dialogue Scorpion declares Sub-Zero a murderer. Scorpion never called Kauai Lang a murder as he is told by Kuai Lang that he is now being fought by Bi-Han's family for revenge. Scorpion knows Kauai Lang and Bi Han are different people. Therefore the intro dialogue makes no since if it is Kauai Lang.
Also Sub-Zero refers to himself in plural which he has never done before. He could be a combination of souls now one of them being Bi-Han. The soulnado is said to have purifying properties, so this could be a purified Bi-Han or something.

Subby Z

Noob
What confuses me is in the intro dialogue Scorpion declares Sub-Zero a murderer. Scorpion never called Kauai Lang a murder as he is told by Kuai Lang that he is now being fought by Bi-Han's family for revenge. Scorpion knows Kauai Lang and Bi Han are different people. Therefore the intro dialogue makes no since if it is Kauai Lang.
Also Sub-Zero refers to himself in plural which he has never done before. He could be a combination of souls now one of them being Bi-Han. The soulnado is said to have purifying properties, so this could be a purified Bi-Han or something.
I would almost guarantee that intro we saw is Kuai revived as Sub-Zero and Quan has pulled the same shit again that he did in MK4. He is telling Scorpion that it was in fact Kuai Liang who was responsible for the death of Scorpion's clan.

Therefore Scorpion chases Kuai and calls him a murderer. To which Kuai replies I tire of maintaining our innocence.

Kuai is tired of telling Scorpion that neither he nor his brother murdered Scorpion's clan. Hence "our".

Also notice he says "I" tire. Which means he is one person speaking for two people.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Oh wooooow, they're planning to fucking bring back shao kahn through bi han to kill shinnok "again" and be the main villain

something tells me the order of variations goes like this, shao khan - bi han - kuai liang

Last edited: