What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Could Sub-Zero's sinister-sounding voice be a viable factor as to who he is?

FOXSOLID

Noob
One of his lines upon winning a round says "I will freeze your soul". That to me sounds pretty evil, I may be looking too much into it.

Or maybe it's that I want an evil SubZero.

I feel as though I want Bi Han as Sub-Zero, but with Noob Saibot's demeanor and intentions.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
One of his lines upon winning a round says "I will freeze your soul". That to me sounds pretty evil, I may be looking too much into it.

Or maybe it's that I want an evil SubZero.

I feel as though I want Bi Han as Sub-Zero, but with Noob Saibot's demeanor and intentions.
I believe its Bi-han since Scorpion called him murderer and Subzero responded with "I tire of maintaining our innocence." But I don't want a flat out evil Sub-Zero. Anti-hero or Anti-Villain would be fine with me.

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
i think this might be either kuai liang or a new sub zero since this new one does hold the grandmaster amulet and bi han never reached that point, at least i dont think at least.

FOXSOLID

Noob
I believe its Bi-han since Scorpion called him murderer and Subzero responded with "I tire of maintaining our innocence." But I don't want a flat out evil Sub-Zero. Anti-hero or Anti-Villain would be fine with me.
That's the thing, the idea of Scorpion and Sub-Zero both being anti-heroes is kind of boring IMO.

I want an ice cold (pun not intended) and ruthless SubZero. Not doing anybody's bidding, but having his own unfinished agenda.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
In the promo trailer he looks like he was wearing an aviator hat at the end of the video. I thought that was akward lol

poopingtoad

FUCK KUNG LAO!
Not really sure that looks like Shao Kahn when he freezes himself, it would be interesting but again, I want him working for himself.
Actually I think you're right, I just watched a different video with a front facing view and it doesn't look like Shao Kahn. Silly me :p

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So you feel he's a really old SubZero? I believe back in MK1, it was stated that Bi Han (And Scorpion) were 32 years old.

That would make his father pretty damn old by this game's timeline.
Nops, cryomancers age slowly because they're not original earthrealmers, their race migrated from outworld.

All characters from outworld, and any other realm age slower than humans

FOXSOLID

Noob
Nops, cryomancers age slowly because they're not original earthrealmers, their race migrated from outworld.

All characters from outworld, and any other realm age slower than humans
Did they really migrate from Outworld? I never saw that anywhere. I always thought the Lin Kuei were of Earth.

FOXSOLID

Noob
I completely disagree. I would actually argue that the relationship and cycle of vengeance between Scorpion and Subzero is probably the best character related subplot in the series because neither of those characters are really good or evil.

It's been going on too long.

SZSR

Noob
Did they really migrate from Outworld? I never saw that anywhere. I always thought the Lin Kuei were of Earth.
Specifically it's the Sub-Zero family, e.g., Bi Han, Kuai Liang and Frost are descendents of cryomancers. Lin Kuei are technically that of Earth since Smoke is a pureblood Earthrealmer with some freaky Czechslovakian magic stuff to give him smoke powers, same with the rest of the Lin Kuei like Cyrax and Sektor.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Specifically it's the Sub-Zero family, e.g., Bi Han, Kuai Liang and Frost are descendents of cryomancers. Lin Kuei are technically that of Earth since Smoke is a pureblood Earthrealmer with some freaky Czechslovakian magic stuff to give him smoke powers, same with the rest of the Lin Kuei like Cyrax and Sektor.
Ah okay, makes sense.

Yeah. If you remember Kuai Liang's biography from MK: Deception, it states that while finding a place to bury Frost in Outworld, he finds the catacombs of an ancient race that had mastery over cold. Safe to say that at least a couple of cryomancers migrated to Earthrealm.

Please bear with the poor quality of the images.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Yeah. If you remember Kuai Liang's biography from MK: Deception, it states that while finding a place to bury Frost in Outworld, he finds the catacombs of an ancient race that had mastery over cold. Safe to say that at least a couple of cryomancers migrated to Earthrealm.

Please bear with the poor quality of the images.

Lol man it's been too long since I played Deception. I forgot nearly everything.