What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
My college classes will be online for the rest of the semester. RIP. The stay at home order in new mexico could POTENTIALLY end on April 10th (I think our governor will extend this) and at that point the college will consider opening up things like the testing center and gym which would be nice but I'd understand if they didnt.
I feel like the stay-at-home orders may be extended. I also feel like more and more places will start issuing the order. The orders don’t prevent you from getting essentials though, as well as not preventing you from doing essential things. Honestly, for the past month or so, I’ve already been doing this anyway. Already social distancing, constantly washing my hands and/or using hand sanitizer, trying my best to stay 6 ft away from people (hard to do at work), and only been leaving the house for essentials or for work. So literally nothing is going to change for me personally.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I feel like the stay-at-home orders may be extended. I also feel like more and more places will start issuing the order. The orders don’t prevent you from getting essentials though, as well as not preventing you from doing essential things. Honestly, for the past month or so, I’ve already been doing this anyway. Already social distancing, constantly washing my hands and/or using hand sanitizer, trying my best to stay 6 ft away from people (hard to do at work), and only been leaving the house for essentials or for work. So literally nothing is going to change for me personally.
I've been doing my part as well. While I do miss going to the gym because it has been essential to my mental health and how I cope with stressors, safety first. I am not worried for me, but if/when feildwork starts to open up again and I'm doing my hours in nursing homes, I CAN'T be a carrier. It is pretty damn heartbreaking thinking about what happened to the LIfeCare center in Washington happening to the LifeCare I do hours at here. I guess we all gotta make our sacrifices, I'm lucky that mine only extend to my hobbies (and work but thats mostly everyone)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
That indian video, what purpose does that serve other than A. the idiots whipping people getting CLOSER to strangers instead of keeping their distance and B. pissing people off, are they trying to get killed? You do that here in the states you'll get your ass beat down.

It's stupid and petty but I am pissed this virus is gonna delay any movies I was looking forward to see.
I hear ya, while movie companies are offering new movies for rent for 20 bucks lmao...ripoff much? For that price I want to keep the movie, rent for 2 days? Lol that's ridiculous. The CV has put one of my close friends out of work ages a manager even she thinks it's too much just fornw rental.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
It's stupid and petty but I am pissed this virus is gonna delay any movies I was looking forward to see.
It’s not that stupid man.

In that regard, I’m pissed sports were canceled. I was going to go to a Clemson baseball game tomorrow with my Dad and brother. We had been planning this for awhile and already had the tickets and everything. As trivial as it sounds, It being canceled was depressing.

Also, I’m VERY pissed that football is most likely going to be canceled as well. My family are MASSIVE diehard Clemson fans and college football fans in general. It’s going to be so weird not having it this year. Again, I know it’s frivolous in a time like this, but it still sucks. Watching football with my Dad is a big part of my life, believe it or not. And with all his illnesses, I want to spend as much time with him as possible!

Just all around a depressing time.

I hear ya, while movie companies are offering new movies for rent for 20 bucks lmao...ripoff much? For that price I want to keep the movie, rent for 2 days? Lol that's ridiculous.
I don’t believe it’s a ripoff at all. These aren’t normal rented movies. They are movies that should currently be in theaters. Also, unlike movie tickets, only 1 person has to rent a movie and multiple people can watch it. I think $20 is perfectly reasonable honestly. Not to mention a movie ticket these days is $17 anyway.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It’s not that stupid man.

In that regard, I’m pissed sports were canceled. I was going to go to a Clemson baseball game tomorrow with my Dad and brother. We had been planning this for awhile and already had the tickets and everything. As trivial as it sounds, It being canceled was depressing.

Also, I’m VERY pissed that football is most likely going to be canceled as well. My family are MASSIVE diehard Clemson fans and college football fans in general. It’s going to be so weird not having it this year. Again, I know it’s frivolous in a time like this, but it still sucks. Watching football with my Dad is a big part of my life, believe it or not. And with all his illnesses, I want to spend as much time with him as possible!

Just all around a depressing time.
Dude yes. It's those "trivial" or "frivolous" things that eventually become part of our activities of daily living, they're part of how people derive meaning from their lives. While not being "essential" to survival, they can certainly be meaningful and add to people's lives.

Luckily we all have the shared hobby of gaming, which is still here, (play Doom: Eternal if you guys haven't). Although apparently PSN is gonna cuck us and slow down their download speeds.

I haven’t had the time to look through the rest of this forum, but being here in New York while this all goes down is terrifying. If you have the ability to stay home and minimize any interactions do so. Got friends with the virus and my boy is telling me his family member is dying from it rn. Be safe and smart guys

Europe:
21 January 2020: First confirmed coronavirus case
28 March 2020: As of today 321.656 infected and 18.834 dead
Timeframe: 2 months and 1 week
EUs (incl. UK, for simplification) reaction to the Coronavirus: 1-2 months of preparation.
Higher transparency of governments.
Closing of borders and restrictions of travel and movement around first week of March.
Begin of restrictions since the first case: After 5-6 weeks

China:
Mid November 2019: First case of coronavirus
23 January 2020: 3000 coronavirus cases, 82 dead.
Timeframe: 2 months and 1 week.
Chinas reaction to the Coronavirus: No preparation time.
No government transparency, in fact active suppression of information.
Hubei Province was closed off on 23 January 2020, with strict implementation about 1 week later.
Begin of restrictions since the first case: After 2 months and 1 week (at the end of the observed timeframe)

There is simply no way that China has only 82.000 cases as of today. Notice, in the same timetframe we Europeans confirmed over 320.000 cases. China only 3.000? There is a discrepancy of 107x fold
With the movement and terrible hygiene and all the government suppression and incompetence, there is no way it was only 3000 cases.

More likely it was closer to 300.000, basically EUs current situation.
So until March it may very likely be 100x - 1000x higher than they reported. What about confirmed death cases? Europe after 2 Months and 1 week, over 18.000 deaths. China after 2 Months and 1 week, 82 deaths.
There is a discrepancy of ~230x I think we can easily apply this 230x to the currently reported 3300 deaths in China.

also 21 million missing cell phone users since Jan

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I hear ya, while movie companies are offering new movies for rent for 20 bucks lmao...ripoff much? For that price I want to keep the movie, rent for 2 days? Lol that's ridiculous. The CV has put one of my close friends out of work ages a manager even she thinks it's too much just fornw rental.
Actually, according to some of the listings on Amazon, you can keep the movie. You are pre-buying the movie with early access (some not all). If you have more than one person in your home, and were going to see something in the theater, it doesn't seem like a bad deal. Last time I actually went I think it was almost 60$ for just me and my mom, and I'd personally would rather just kick it at home anyway.

You are also getting a chance to support the movies that lots of people put whatever talent and resources that had into that could never have seen this coming. I'm almost willing to bite once, but with no income I think I should just stick with the ludicrous amount of content on Netflix and similar services I'm paying for instead.

CV is massacuring the theaters. I was working for one of the big boys, and the tossed all us contractors out the door last week, and furloughed everyone else this week. Suddenly a zero revenue situation, with no real idea when that will change. Going to the theater may not ever be the same. At least landscape wise. We may be building something new right now.

MKF30

Europe:
21 January 2020: First confirmed coronavirus case
28 March 2020: As of today 321.656 infected and 18.834 dead
Timeframe: 2 months and 1 week
EUs (incl. UK, for simplification) reaction to the Coronavirus: 1-2 months of preparation.
Higher transparency of governments.
Closing of borders and restrictions of travel and movement around first week of March.
Begin of restrictions since the first case: After 5-6 weeks

China:
Mid November 2019: First case of coronavirus
23 January 2020: 3000 coronavirus cases, 82 dead.
Timeframe: 2 months and 1 week.
Chinas reaction to the Coronavirus: No preparation time.
No government transparency, in fact active suppression of information.
Hubei Province was closed off on 23 January 2020, with strict implementation about 1 week later.
Begin of restrictions since the first case: After 2 months and 1 week (at the end of the observed timeframe)

There is simply no way that China has only 82.000 cases as of today. Notice, in the same timetframe we Europeans confirmed over 320.000 cases. China only 3.000? There is a discrepancy of 107x fold
With the movement and terrible hygiene and all the government suppression and incompetence, there is no way it was only 3000 cases.

More likely it was closer to 300.000, basically EUs current situation.
So until March it may very likely be 100x - 1000x higher than they reported. What about confirmed death cases? Europe after 2 Months and 1 week, over 18.000 deaths. China after 2 Months and 1 week, 82 deaths.
There is a discrepancy of ~230x I think we can easily apply this 230x to the currently reported 3300 deaths in China.

also 21 million missing cell phone users since Jan
Yeah tbh man, this whole numbers thing people are reporting I'm skeptical on, especially here in the usa....we have a lot of cases and said to be leading the world, not denying that what I do however find hard to believe is just how severe it is in humans in general, what I mean is the death rate to survival ratios. Sure we all know easy to get, very infectious bad for older people and those with health issues, blah, blah, blah BUT LOTS do survive even older people in some cases but as usual here at least the MSM will report the negative news and ignore or post little positive news such as for example in France, they had 80 patients sick, 79 made full recovery practically given those two drugs combined.

Do you hear that on your mainstream news outlets? Nope. Maybe one or two here and a few others here that will post all the news by certain hosts. Generally speaking they love to scare people, I blame a lot of anxiety and people going nuts like hoarding tp on the media to be honest. I have a friend who works for a newspaper, she even told me they go with what will make people watch sometimes that means exaggerating, scaring people with things. And another pal of mine who knows someone personally who works for the media, reporter he told him years ago the MSM is a business which the average guy will forget, they will literally do whatever it takes to get people to watch or read their papers even if it means exaggerating, lying, stretching the truth or using fear tactics.

Definitely some shady shit going on with these numbers, not just those but here in America as well. I don't trust anything regarding China's numbers or their outlets either. They were already caught lying over it back in November so God knows what else they're hiding. Unless China has some secret magic drug they're not telling anyone those numbers are bs I agree.

Actually, according to some of the listings on Amazon, you can keep the movie. You are pre-buying the movie with early access (some not all). If you have more than one person in your home, and were going to see something in the theater, it doesn't seem like a bad deal. Last time I actually went I think it was almost 60$ for just me and my mom, and I'd personally would rather just kick it at home anyway.

You are also getting a chance to support the movies that lots of people put whatever talent and resources that had into that could never have seen this coming. I'm almost willing to bite once, but with no income I think I should just stick with the ludicrous amount of content on Netflix and similar services I'm paying for instead.

CV is massacuring the theaters. I was working for one of the big boys, and the tossed all us contractors out the door last week, and furloughed everyone else this week. Suddenly a zero revenue situation, with no real idea when that will change. Going to the theater may not ever be the same. At least landscape wise. We may be building something new right now.
Wait you can get on on Amazon? Because the movies I checked which were Invisible Man and The Hunt, as well as Birds of Prey said only rent available for 2 days for 20 bucks....I have prime but when I checked did not see them listed. I don't have a large family So I decided to just wait and if they do like to watch the same movie I happen to like they tend not always all watch movies at the same time, this is important especially when you only have 2 days it would not be worth it to us. I agree with your point on if you have a large family that want to see watch totally worth 20 bucks for renting it. Yeah the movies are pricey as hell now, a shame everything has gone up over time. I don't want to think what movies will be 20 years from now...probably like 30-40 bucks for the ticket alone.

I understand the support element, but I tend to go to the movies alone most of the time and easily spend 30-40 bucks if I'm lucky by the time I'm out. They definitely get my money let's put it that way, the only time I get a break is when I hang out with my friend and his wife(also my friend) who's an AMC manager and she gets let's just say perks...other than that I go alone 99% of the time to movies I want to see at my local AMC and my wallet often takes a hit by the time I'm done for the day. I'd go more to be honest but it's just too much money, so I'll wait to buy it which is also supporting those who've made the movies.

The main reason though with the 2 day for 20 buck thing is like you also mentioned, income right now is rather tight and given the current situation with CV killing everything literally (businesses) and having to spend my money wisely on food, medicine etc the important stuff I just can't afford that right now so I am doing much of the same or looking for offers where I can definitely keep the movie, SW came out back in December so I'm guessing why Disney pushing it up a little(was supposed to hit digitally and physical a little later I read) they can afford it, it's ok though. I just got Red Son Superman in the mail from Best Buy so I'll just do that if I can't physically go to the store and buy it by then.

Sorry to hear about your job being affected. Out of all my friends I know only 2 currently working, one for stop & Shop as a cashier because food/grocery stores have to be open and the other works for NY Sanitation those guys NEVER get off even during an apocalypse you work a city job, ha good luck getting anytime off nevermind a crisis. He's actually lucky though in a way because Sanitation is the least exposed to other people compared to police, FDNY and EMTS etc

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yup. He’s screwing over the people of NY because he is a petty little “man”. Oh and also Michigan.
It gets even worse.
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/fqmisw "The $500 billion loan program was the biggest point of contention between Democratic and Republican lawmakers throughout the relief bill’s negotiation process. Democrats called this a “slush fund” that would give Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin broad authority to disburse the funds as he saw fit. The IG provision was intended as an accountability effort to alert Congress if the Trump administration was not complying with auditing measures. It was also meant to help ensure the president and his family did not directly benefit from the emergency funds through their businesses."

"Without oversight of how the funds would be allocated, “what’s to stop an airline from using its bailout money to give its CEO a bonus instead of paying its workers?” Stewart wrote. “Or to prevent a major hotel chain from laying off workers while engaging in stock buybacks?”"

MKF30

Well at least he didn't play Kollector like the Dems while people's lives weren't on the line like some others. We'll give you this (meanwhile people are dying) if you give us that...give me a break. People will remember this come November.

@LiangHuBBB Yeah bro I think you're onto something, China all of a sudden ordering thousands of urns. Hmmmmm

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
No more politics please unless directly related to coronavirus its aids to read and buries useful information.
I agree, but this is the exact situation I complained to Juggs about. I post a story that does relate to the Coronavirus, but then MK30 comes along to post a response with false information. So, you either have to do nothing and let that post exist and influence people, or you have to refute it and get dragged down the rabbit hole.

Well at least he didn't play Kollector like the Dems while people's lives weren't on the line like some others. We'll give you this (meanwhile people are dying) if you give us that...give me a break. People will remember this come November.

@LiangHuBBB Yeah bro I think you're onto something, China all of a sudden ordering thousands of urns. Hmmmmm
Ye, NTD also reported this today.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I agree, but this is the exact situation I complained to Juggs about. I post a story that does relate to the Coronavirus, but then MK30 comes along to post a response with false information. So, you either have to do nothing and let that post exist and influence people, or you have to refute it and get dragged down the rabbit hole.
Well the thing is I don't think anybody is actually influencing anyone. Neither MKF30 or anyone he argues with. Everyone already has their opinions on President Trump at this point, so like I said, nobody is changing minds. His posts are probably frustrating for you to read, but I don't think he's actually influencing anyone.

the twitch benefit stream for COVID-19 relief is pretty great

May help take everyone's mind off Trump threatening to deny states and millions of American's relief because governers' weren't nice to him and his feelings were hurt.

E

Eldriken

Guys. How do you (yes, those of you directly involved with this right now) and so many other people allow something like this to always turn into the same exact song and dance? You were specifically told to leave this part of the politics out of it. There's an inevitable presence of politics by default just because of what it is we're dealing with, but your overall affiliation and views don't mean anything. Absolutely nothing. They do nothing to change the course of COVID-19 and they damn sure aren't making things any more enjoyable on the forums when people are probably starting to get a little stir crazy as it is.

Politics make people no longer human in most cases and this is why we asked it to be kept to a minimum. It was right in front of peoples' faces to see until I cleaned it up, but even then, people don't see it. I'm going to reiterate this again: this is why we asked for this particular kind of political discussion to be left out.

While people are losing family members and suffering unprecedented levels of tragedy due to these losses, we and others are using that same time to complain on the Internet. We need to be better than this and recognize when to just shut up and walk away.

Just to be extra sure: I know politics and forms of discussion about it are inherently involved in this and we already said that's fine. So let's just keep it that way the best we can without getting heated.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Guys. How do you (yes, those of you directly involved with this right now) and so many other people allow something like this to always turn into the same exact song and dance? You were specifically told to leave this part of the politics out of it. There's an inevitable presence of politics by default just because of what it is we're dealing with, but your overall affiliation and views don't mean anything. Absolutely nothing. They do nothing to change the course of COVID-19 and they damn sure aren't making things any more enjoyable on the forums when people are probably starting to get a little stir crazy as it is.

Politics make people no longer human in most cases and this is why we asked it to be kept to a minimum. It was right in front of peoples' faces to see until I cleaned it up, but even then, people don't see it. I'm going to reiterate this again: this is why we asked for this particular kind of political discussion to be left out.

While people are losing family members and suffering unprecedented levels of tragedy due to these losses, we and others are using that same time to complain on the Internet. We need to be better than this and recognize when to just shut up and walk away.

Just to be extra sure: I know politics and forms of discussion about it are inherently involved in this and we already said that's fine. So let's just keep it that way the best we can without getting heated.
I'll manually delete my responses to MK30 that only refute him and don't directly concern Coronavirus, but I expect him (or a mod) to do the same.