What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

E

Eldriken

I'll manually delete my responses to MK30 that only refute him and don't directly concern Coronavirus, but I expect him (or a mod) to do the same.
You don't have to go back and do that. I cleaned up the most recent stuff as that's what the majority of the folks visiting the thread are gonna see anyway. If they choose to go through the entire thread, well, there's that.

I'd go through it myself, but it's 27~ pages and if someone does make a stink about anything they come across, I'll handle it. Just direct it my way via a report.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
That's fine eldriken I was merely correcting something a user who quoted me, never meant to get heated. I agree the cv doesn't care about gender, politics, Country or any of that other stuff.

Anyway,I never heard of her but she tested positive.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah my bad. Caught up on some much overdue sleep (slept for nearly 17 hrs, the most sleep at one time I’ve EVER had), and was busy today. So I’m just now really able to read the thread and get on the internet in general. So sorry if anything needed to be moderated, I was not available.

Anyway, among one of those things I did today was running errands and went to the grocery store. It’s still a madhouse, I believe even more so now. It was packed! Way more people with masks and/or gloves on than the last time I went. I myself had gloves on. I actually have a great supply of black, latex and powder free, nitrile disposable gloves made by “West Chester”. I definitely recommend them but I’m not sure if you can even find them at the moment.

But yeah, plenty of people masked and gloved up which was nice to see (sounds kinda weird out of context). As expected a lot of things were sold out. Paper towels and toilet paper especially. BUT, Kroger does have their own brand of both, which was the only thing available. Unfortunately, they are charging pretty much double the price which is really lame. They are also limiting a lot of items to “1 per household”, which is good. In a packed grocery store, it’s somewhat difficult to keep 6 ft away from everyone at all times, but everyone seemed to be doing their best. I stocked up on as many things as I could that we absolutely needed, I do NOT want to go back anytime soon. I also shopped for my parents because I don’t want them even leaving the house right now.

Only mentioning this stuff to give y’all a heads up on how it is on the outside if y’all haven’t seen it yet. I’m personally running really low on hand sanitizer, so that’s a little worrying since every place has been sold out for about a month now. Either gonna have to check online or search random places for some.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I literally went to 8 different places the other day looking for toilet paper and paper towels. Came up empty. From the big guys like Walmart, Target, Martin's, Family Dollar, etc to little international places that a lot of people don't think/care to go to.

It's just this, over and over.

I go hunting (wouldn't call it shopping at this point) after I get off work at 4pm. It's just not feasible for me to try to search stores before I have to clock in at 7:30am. A lot of places where I live are running on altered schedules, like 9am to 9pm.

'MURICA :rolleyes:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I also ordered a highly-rater bidet on amazon for $35. Took like 5 minutes to install and works really well. Easily cut paper usage in half. Had the pressure too high the first time I tried it, though, and almost had water shooting out my nose...

Last edited:

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
The toilet paper thing doesn't quite make sense to me. There is a pandemic and everyone thinks "well I'm sure gonna shit a lot more than usual."
This is what I can't wrap my head around. Paper towels yes, I myself have never been a fan of using hand towels. After a few uses, how clean is it really? Always use a paper towel to dry off after washing my hands. But the toilet paper? I don't know. Perhaps folks are misinformed. It's been compared to the flu, so maybe the people who haven't read up on it expect stomach issues, I dunno.

Fever, tightness in the chest, respiratory issues. Can be found in 2 seconds via a google search. Perhaps that's too much to expect of folks.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
This is what I can't wrap my head around. Paper towels yes, I myself have never been a fan of using hand towels. After a few uses, how clean is it really? Always use a paper towel to dry off after washing my hands. But the toilet paper? I don't know. Perhaps folks are misinformed. It's been compared to the flu, so maybe the people who haven't read up on it expect stomach issues, I dunno.

Fever, tightness in the chest, respiratory issues. Can be found in 2 seconds via a google search. Perhaps that's too much to expect of folks.
ugh. wtf. I can't even wrap my head around it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The funny thing to me is that it's always something different during every emergency. One year it's bread, the next year is rice, then suddenly it's milk, and now all of a sudden... Toilet paper.

Next time maybe we'll be out of yogurt or romance novels or something. You never know, haha.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

The funny thing to me is that it's always something different during every crisis. One year it's bread, the next year is rice, then suddenly it's milk, and now all of a sudden... Toilet paper.

Next time maybe we'll be out of yogurt or romance novels or something. You never know, haha.
We should see if State of Decay gets it again if they make a third game. xD

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
For those who drink out of cans, as always it's best to rinse the top because you never know what touched it however at this point i suggest turning the hot water as hot as it gets and douse it for 30 seconds or more.

Boiling water technically sterilizes but if your water comes out like mine, it's probably not letting anything survive

Just another random thought I had that might prevent the spread of C19, or if nothing else, gross stuff in general

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I drink the Sparkling Ice drinks, if I get them individually I rinse them with hot soap and water(I'm paranoid) but if I buy the pack of them with the plastic I still do it just not quite as much as the ones out on the shelf in the grocery store because you never know if the stockers sneezed or coughed before touching them. I've read that the hot water makes no difference when washing hands or things etc, but I always use as hot as I can stand it because I have trouble washing my hands with ice cold water.

Zviko

Noob
If it's true, starting midnight tonight, we are not allowed to leave the house unless we have a good reason. That includes going to work and to groceries, post office, important stuff like that. 400€ penalty.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
For those who drink out of cans, as always it's best to rinse the top because you never know what touched it however at this point i suggest turning the hot water as hot as it gets and douse it for 30 seconds or more.

Boiling water technically sterilizes but if your water comes out like mine, it's probably not letting anything survive

Just another random thought I had that might prevent the spread of C19, or if nothing else, gross stuff in general
Yeah, I always do this. Been doing it well before COVID-19. It’s great advice.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Saw this on Reddit earlier. I hope someone is making copies of this stuff in case the links decay.
Even if the links decay, it will all be available on the internet archive indefinitely.