What's new

Castle Golf Fight Night #6 1/19/08 [Long Island, NY]

LI_Joe

Noob
9.95 I have been to every castle golf tourny that has happened. I am very good friends with john for years. I will more then likely be at this one too.

Frank I'm sorry I don't really know the mk community well. I know shock and nit but everyone else, I'm kinda not sure. I play human smoke in tournies if that helps hahaha. Yeah but I grew up on LI and still here. I am actually posting this on my phone from the furniture place on 110 hahaha

Noob
Very cool... since you said you played at Westbury Nathans it's possible that you know Styroteqe. It's gonna be great meeting everyone.

On another note, I mentioned this to Shock. I manage a trophy store, so if we really can get a good turnout and can in fact hold a tourney, I'll make at least one trophy or award to go to the winner, and maybe the runner up.

iloveu said:
9.95 I have been to every castle golf tourny that has happened. I am very good friends with john for years. I will more then likely be at this one too.

Frank I'm sorry I don't really know the mk community well. I know shock and nit but everyone else, I'm kinda not sure. I play human smoke in tournies if that helps hahaha. Yeah but I grew up on LI and still here. I am actually posting this on my phone from the furniture place on 110 hahaha
Yea you played me then. I won with Kung Lao against you at NEC, I'm the fat dude hehe.

You work there too huh? My buddy Dave, his step father Rich pretty much runs that joint. I worked there one day before for some money.

MK9

Noob
if u played at spaceples than you knew me. but i dont remember anyone that young.. the only young kid i remebr being good at mk was a kid from sunrise mall that played mk4.

did u go to space ples fri and sat nights??

u knew nit, did you come with him, and wayne, rick, mike moore , etc??

Hey guys, I can bring controllers (xbox) and a Game Cube incase any of you are up for some SSBM casuals or to mess around, I have Deadly Allaince for GC as well and we can fuck around in that too. Frankie if your still intrested in it I can show you a few things. Its deff mad fun with good friends and decent players.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I know at least 6 good players from LI who should all be there. Someone contact Hades, Natas and Busta!

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
mkvids dot net said:
if u played at spaceples than you knew me. but i dont remember anyone that young.. the only young kid i remebr being good at mk was a kid from sunrise mall that played mk4.

did u go to space ples fri and sat nights??

u knew nit, did you come with him, and wayne, rick, mike moore , etc??
I think he was very young back then, i spoke to wayne tonight too bro!
do you remember dave and lori and all those people from spaceplex too?

LI_Joe

Noob
I was born in 85, I was 7 playing MK1 mostly in sunrise mall. I forgot what year mk2 came out but I was no older then 10. I played 2 at sunrise mall and westbury nathans. When 3 came out I went to funzone in farmingdale cause they had it first as well as Ultimate. Ultimate was when I started going to space plex. I went there with my dad, Jay, White Rob we called him, and big Rob. I played 4 wherever it was... Didn't like the game so I just played wherever.

My father used to take me to play. He had really long hair and used to give me money and stand by the machine and watch. Nit remembers playing with me and seeing my dad, I am 100% sure he does. I recall playing MK J I think we called him. Real name was Jim?? Rumor had it he did some testing for one of the MKs, or did some work with the team. Not exacly sure

Noob
Castle Golf Fight Night #6 Role Call

Ok, we've been talking about it for weeks and we seem to have generated some good hype for this. Keep the hype machine going though...

I'm still talking to a few other players to see who's willing to come out on the 19th.

Lets get a role call going for who is actually going to be there and willing to participate in an UMK3 tournament. If we have 8 or more people for a tourney, then I'll provide 2 awards for 1st place and runner up for the tournament.

I manage a trophy store so I need about 3 days notice to make awards. Please just put under to add you as a definite. I'll be updating this on this post or if it's cool I'll just make a new thread as a role call for less confusion.

MKvids dot net, if you're going to be there, can you help with the capture process? PM me and we'll talk on the phone and work out some details

1. Styroteqe
2. 9.95
3. Frankiebonez
4. SPIC UNIT (+friends)
5. mkvids dot net(most likely)
6. LI Maverick (plus friend)

still waiting on confirmation from:
iloveu(says he'll be there, just waiting for confirmation on playing umk)
Illegal Eagle

summoning

iloveu said:
I was born in 85, I was 7 playing MK1 mostly in sunrise mall. I forgot what year mk2 came out but I was no older then 10. I played 2 at sunrise mall and westbury nathans. When 3 came out I went to funzone in farmingdale cause they had it first as well as Ultimate. Ultimate was when I started going to space plex. I went there with my dad, Jay, White Rob we called him, and big Rob. I played 4 wherever it was... Didn't like the game so I just played wherever.

My father used to take me to play. He had really long hair and used to give me money and stand by the machine and watch. Nit remembers playing with me and seeing my dad, I am 100% sure he does. I recall playing MK J I think we called him. Real name was Jim?? Rumor had it he did some testing for one of the MKs, or did some work with the team. Not exacly sure
Ill never forget playin you bro when your dad was looking out for you at the arcades when all the older kids were there ( smoking was allowed back then at the arcades so the place was a complete mess at nathans:)
Jamessmk used to work for midway

Im glad we met up again bro! im 34 now lol

summoning

mkvids dot net said:
knit, jamesmk?? fink???

or the guy who brought down who worked on war gods?
fink yes
do you still keep in touch with the spaceplex guys?

MK9

Noob
not really

kurt moved to Conn after alpha omega lost their account at sports plus
wayne i used to see out at the bars/clubs all the time
joe video havent seen since spaceplex, same for jim, rena, cross hands lance.
adam found me on this site, he has an account here.
backwards hat lance ran into a couple of times, adam says he works at castle golf.
havent seen evan and kevin at all.

fink lol, sorry alwasy thought he was not that good. but i will say i never played him in mk2 which was his game.

funny story, me and wayne are at nathans playing mk4, fink shows up saying how he just got back from boon (midway for the brady guide) and how he had 114 wins out in chicago. Well after me and wayne cont to beat him down game after game, the day ended with fink kicking a dent in the front of the cabinet and the machine getting turned off numerous times ala fink style.

Noob
Hey guys, need some info here. I'm gonna really start getting this together and getting set up for next week. I need some more info too.

The venue opens at like 3pm and will be closing at like midnight or later.

I'm planning on being there at or around 3pm(earlier if I can). I'll have my system(s) and TV(s) set up and running hopefully fairly quickly.

I spoke to Illegal Eagle last night and he gets off work at 3pm. He is coming from CT though. I need to know if we want to start a tourney earlier or later, and what time people are planning on showing up for this.

Can anyone else provide another 360 with UMK on it? I have other options for UMK, but only in the form of SNES via Xbox, Saturn, PS2, and DS. Anyone with a decent speed laptop and we could do some UMK on MAME as well.

Anyone who has a DS should bring it for more DS casuals...LOL.

Who else is a definite for this?

Noob
Illegal Eagle said:
I want to show up there, But not singed in stone yet... :x
If rides and friends want to go, Ill be there. :D Ill bring controllers if I do.
Cool, would def. be great to have you there. I know you told me you'll know more in the coming week or so.

Noob
any update on time guys? What do we prefer, a few hours of casuals followed by a tourney if we have enough? It looks like we may wind up with like 8 or so, which is good for a tourney.

Well personally, I think people should start arriving somehwere between 5-7 just so we can get things organized. Then around 9ish maybe start up a tourny or friendlys or somthing. Lol

Noob
LI Maverick said:
Well personally, I think people should start arriving somehwere between 5-7 just so we can get things organized. Then around 9ish maybe start up a tourny or friendlys or somthing. Lol
I know the doors will be open at 3pm for it. I may get there around then to be set up and get some casuals in early. I'm going to try to have my 360 and my original Modded Xbox as well because we can do casuals on MK2 as well. Plus I'll have Killer Instinct on it as well as various other emulated consoles for whatever we want to play.