What's new

Castle Golf Fight Night #6 1/19/08 [Long Island, NY]

Noob
styroteqe said:
Frankiebonez said:
if you guys go then i def will... you can stop here and play on my cabinet too since its on the big way :D
you've got a cabinet?? is that an open invite? hehe

what kind of cabinet? true mk or a mame cabinet?
Frankie has a real UMK3 cabinet.

styroteqe said:
Frankiebonez said:
if you guys go then i def will... you can stop here and play on my cabinet too since its on the big way :D
you've got a cabinet?? is that an open invite? hehe

what kind of cabinet? true mk or a mame cabinet?
If you guys are coming out to this tournament, you have to drive past my house basically... so for that day I'd yes, its pretty much an open invite. I had a couple of people come over and play on my cabinet before. Its got all new happ comp buttons and sticks... sticks are a bit short but definetly work real well. And its a real cabinet. Its custom, but its a real jamma UMK3 rev. 1.2 board on a 30" screen. Big so no shoulder to shoulder play either, its nice :)

My cabinet? it gets pretty damn loud, its only got 1 speaker in it too but it gets damn loud. loud enough that I gotta kinda yell at the guy next to me. I keep it way turned down though.

styroteqe

Space Jockey
What town are you in? I'm out in Brentwood. You gonna come out to the Castle Golf tourney?

I'm down for some real cabinet play. I'm jealous. When I move up in the world from renting an apartment to owning a house, I plan on rocking some arcade machines in the basment. UMK for me, Galaga for the wife. hehehe

Tim Static

Adminerator
Frankiebonez said:
My cabinet? it gets pretty damn loud, its only got 1 speaker in it too but it gets damn loud. loud enough that I gotta kinda yell at the guy next to me. I keep it way turned down though.
Yea, lol, I know what you mean. My cab is on the very lowest settig for volume,and it is STILL so goddamn loud I cant play at night when the kids are sleeping!!! It sucks....lol

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Well right now I'm planning on going. There are at least 4 good UMK3 players on Long Island whom I would like to see there, Frankie, Busta, Natas and Hades. If me and Summoning go that's 6 for a fun set of casuals. If that's the case we could just go to Frankie's but if there are others who want to play I'll bring my 360 sticks.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Damn....UMK3 tourney at Frankie's like I said!!!

I wish I could get some time off amdmake it up there if only to hang with the Frank. 8)

MK9

Noob
umk3

well since u guys live on the island and live for umk3, im sure i might know some of you.

so who played at spaceplex

and who played at westbury nathans.

and nit was shock part of the fighters-edge team??

i only remember you, wayne, rda, pookie, mike m and of coarse jim "the legend" fink.

styroteqe

Space Jockey
Re: umk3

mkvids dot net said:
well since u guys live on the island and live for umk3, im sure i might know some of you.

i only remember you, wayne, rda, pookie, mike m and of coarse jim "the legend" fink.
i played at westbury nathan's fairly frequently.. and at legacy of adventure in east meadow (in MKII days) and down the rd a bit at the 24 hr convenience store when MK3 hit the streets

styroteqe said:
What town are you in? I'm out in Brentwood. You gonna come out to the Castle Golf tourney?

I'm down for some real cabinet play. I'm jealous. When I move up in the world from renting an apartment to owning a house, I plan on rocking some arcade machines in the basment. UMK for me, Galaga for the wife. hehehe

bro I'm like down the street, in sayville... there are some local guys out in lindenhurst that play too, but I havent talked to them in a while... I have reasons, I might contact the dude Zach though soon see whats been going on.

Re: umk3

mkvids dot net said:

spaceplex was so fucking dope. I used to go to the malls alot though, like smith haven and bayshore

Noob
Shock said:
Well right now I'm planning on going. There are at least 4 good UMK3 players on Long Island whom I would like to see there, Frankie, Busta, Natas and Hades. If me and Summoning go that's 6 for a fun set of casuals. If that's the case we could just go to Frankie's but if there are others who want to play I'll bring my 360 sticks.
Depending on how many people want to play, I spoke with John who is running the Castle Golf tourney. He's not planning on a UMK3 tourney, but he said I can run one if I want. What do you guys want me to do? I can bring some really fun stuff... I have the Saturn one if you want to play with moon gravity, I have my 360, a few of us have DS's. You get the point. If you guys want, we'll work it out and bring a few TV's and maybe a few 360's and play some UMK3 casuals and depending on how many want to come and play we'll do a tournament.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
We just need UMK3 on 360. If it's going to happen let me know asap.

Noob
well, I'm sure it's fair to say that we all want you to come out here. I'll certainly load up my 360 and a TV and bring them so we can play UMK. If anyone else is in for bringing another 360 and a TV then we're good, I think 2 systems is enough for casuals and a tourney. Lets make sure we flood the place with MK player.

I know MKF30 is from NY, so MKF, you have to find your way out there!

I'll come down to chill and play as long as peeps are going. :) I live close so it doesnt matter to me. As long as people are going I'll be there.

Tim Static

Adminerator
9.95 said:
well, I'm sure it's fair to say that we all want you to come out here. I'll certainly load up my 360 and a TV and bring them so we can play UMK. If anyone else is in for bringing another 360 and a TV then we're good, I think 2 systems is enough for casuals and a tourney. Lets make sure we flood the place with MK player.

I know MKF30 is from NY, so MKF, you have to find your way out there!
2 360's, Shocks 2 sticks & Frankie's 1 stick, you need 1 more stick......that is if Shock makes it...I need to check my calender...I might see if I cant just drive up for at least one of those nights...

MK9

Noob
smithhaven

so it you played at smithhaven you had to have played me. I was there alot, usually bullshitting with Vic.

also if you played at spaceplex, you might rememebr some of these names... Lance, Lori, kevin, Evan, Joe video,Kurt, Frank and Adam.

As to MKF30 he will not be showing up on long island unless someone picks him up, he dont have a car.

Knit, was shock part of your crew, did he ever come to LI to play??

Re: smithhaven

mkvids dot net said:
so it you played at smithhaven you had to have played me. I was there alot, usually bullshitting with Vic.

also if you played at spaceplex, you might rememebr some of these names... Lance, Lori, kevin, Evan, Joe video,Kurt, Frank and Adam.

As to MKF30 he will not be showing up on long island unless someone picks him up, he dont have a car.

Knit, was shock part of your crew, did he ever come to LI to play??
On man Lance!! He was a friend of Frank's I think right? I'm pretty sure he was friends with Frank, a bit shorter than him, always wore a backwards hat if I recall correctly... and how about Frank!!! I knew Frank real well, we played alll the time, Frank was one of the best players around them, me and him used to trade back and forth constantly. He had black hair and big nose right? Drove a mustang I think... He lives in my town. I used to go up to smith haven and Frank would take one machine, and I'd take the other lol. Just run through people all day long haha. He bowled in a league too with my father at nights on Friday. I used to play him at the Sayville bowling alley all the time.

MK9

Noob
umk3

LOL, well thats me, but i cant remember who you are???

yes i was friends with lance, and tall jim. last i heard lance was the guy running castle golf, any truth to that?

DUDE! How the hell can you not remember me? I was like the only 14 year old that was good MK2, and MK3/UMK3. I was the kid that unlocked smoke at the bowling alley and we free played for like hours one day. I could have sworn you had a black saleen... or a black mustang at least. Christ, you popped my freakin MK cherry back in the day in MK1 at the bowling alley when you taught me how to rip off someones head with sub zero.

I remember there was a few times we ran freakin sunvet mall over in holbrook too, although the players there werent as good as over places like smith haven and spaceplex.