What's new

Castle Golf Fight Night #6 1/19/08 [Long Island, NY]

styroteqe

Space Jockey
Shock said:
Great news guys, glad to hear some positive stuff for a change. Any idea when pics or vids will be up? Hopefully for the new guys it will breathe some interest into them so they will continue to go for a while.
Yah, 9.95 and I are trying to rejuvenate the scene around here. Frankiebonez is chill too. Must go over and molest his cabinet sometime.

We're going to try and set up some more events in the future. Either at the same venue or somewhere else possible.

styroteqe

Space Jockey
LI Maverick said:
Man it was so gay how we couldnt play DS in there. It was like ANTI-Wireless although Mk.vids was able to acess online.. :roll:
his phone had reception. i think the aluminum ceiling was interfering with the DS' ad-hoc function. my aim is styroteqe23 if you ever wanna arrange a game that way.

Warrior
Wow, that was a great night. I had a blast. I learned one thing though... I blow moose nuts on a stick. I'm not sure if I even want a stick now because I just don't like the feel of it anymore.

Ok... I have ALOT of footage to post. Shock, I'm gonna be giving all the unedited footage to Frankie and to Styroteqe. I'm also gonna get you a DVD with all the unedited stuff and let you do with it as you please. I have to see where I can store the stuff on a server so people can d/l it, plus it's in QT format which is what my camera films in.

First off, I have to thank my G/F Melissa who was kind enough to do all the bracket paperwork while I ran the tournament and did all the filming.

Second, thanks to everyone who showed up and played, and thanks to Frankie and Mkvids dot net who brought thier sticks for the people who prefer the sticks to the pads.

Congrats to Frankie for an amazing tourney. I learned alot just from watching and playing you.

We had a few surprises there tonight.

Joe, who placed 4th at NEC8 was there and he took Frankie to the brink in the finals, by beating him from the losers bracket and threatening to double dip him and take the tourney. Frankie turned it on with H.Smoke though and completely dominated the final round 3-1.

The most surprising of the night was the person who finished 3rd in the tourney, Phi.(pronounced Fee) He hasn't posted here, but he's been a member here since June of 2006, his s/n is JetPhi. He came into town within the last 2 days from Virginia, decided to show up and he was surprised to find a UMK3 tourney here. He decided to play and really played very well, giving Frankie a run in thier match in the winner's bracket.

I'm going to post a full synopsis hopefully by tomorrow but def. by monday. I have pics and vids too, but lemme get through it and see if we can't get it converted to something other than Quicktime before I post them. If you want to see it beforehand, I'll post a few of the matches just before the finals in QT format anyway.

Overall, this was a great night.

MK9

Mortal
fun times to everyone, and thats why online play can never replace the arcade scene.

trust me i am very rusty, if you knew me back in 95 like lance, frankie and joe than you would understand why i say im rusty.

yes my phone was getting the web but it wasnt through wi-fi just through sprint, and i had no troubles at all.

my block button wasnt on the left. that layout is the exact same as an mk machine. block in the middle and run on the bottom left.

joe lance said you played me back in the day. where??? the only young kid i remeber was at sunrise mall playing mk4 he using subzero and tanya.

knit adam and lance were there, they said hi.

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Premium Supporter
Awesome that Phi was there, I didn't expect that one! Nice job. Phi has been in a bunch of tournaments over the years. He's one of the many guys who basically plays UMK3 only when there's a tournament and mainly plays other games.

MK Vids, can you make it to the Break next Saturday?

MK9

Mortal
its more like do i want to drive 2 hours. how far from the palasides mall.

the biggest reason i would go is to see knit, havent seen him since 96.

yeah frankie pick up people on ur way up, and when ur driving through SI pick up mkf. :)

Warrior
Here's 3 pics...

Left to right: Phi(JetPhi), Derek(Styroteqe), Phil(9.95, the short guy in red), Lance(Castle Golf owner), Frank(MKvids dot net), Frankie(Frankiebonez).

LI Maverick

Frankie the Champ

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Premium Supporter
Frankie looks so happy with his award.

mkvids dot net said:
its more like do i want to drive 2 hours. how far from the palasides mall.

the biggest reason i would go is to see knit, havent seen him since 96.

yeah frankie pick up people on ur way up, and when ur driving through SI pick up mkf. :)
If there are a bunch of you from LI who live near eachother, or if you can arrange pick ups, do it up. I'd like to meet you guys. Regardless, if you start holding more tournaments I'll definitely come out.

I am happy with my award haha, I personally rather get something like a plaque than money any time. Unless of course we are talking about like 5000$, then I'll take the money!

It was definetly great meeting everyone, finally meeting Maverick... you should have taken that dude out in Smash Bros. I really thought you had it, and I think you would have won if you had been a bit more practiced. None the less, 3rd is not to shabby for walking up to a game cold like you did.

Styrotege was great meeting you, I will probably be in touch for my PSP needs in a the near future.

9.95 for basically coordinating this thing, and handling the tournament. And also for the plaques for 1st and 2nd place and the dog tags :) . Definetly make me a DVD of the raw footage. THe last 9 fights between Joe and I for the finals was INTENSE! People yelling, the adrenaline pumping... it was really some good ass fights.

mkvids dot net, was fucking great seeing you again dude, brought back memories. Keep practicing man, you still have the natural ability of playing this game!!! And you need to get it back together for the next tourny!

Joe... Everytime we meet up in a tourny, whether its here, or in NJ, or at NEC, we have battles. Tons of respect for you. Being so diverse playing and being VERY competitive at the Street Fighter games and UMK3 (Joe was playing in 4 tournies and I believe was top 3 in at least the 3s tourny, as well as 2nd in the UMK3 tourny) is great. I need to play more street fighter 3s, get into the swing of things and compete there as well.

Lance if you read this, was great seeing you as well, just how it was great to see Frank. Brought back the good old days. I'm seriously going to consider bringing my cabinet up to Castle Golf for the summer. Then we could have a REALY arcade machine to all play on! It would 100% take it back to the old school.

Phi was good seeing you again. Great games like usual!

And thats really about it. I'm glad I took home 1st place, the brackets are basically just how I would have figured them to end up... myself 1st, Joe 2nd, Phi 3rd. Dont take that the wrong way, the toss up all day was obviously between us 3. Its also GREAT to know that the 3 top players were JOYSTICK ARCADE PLAYERS. Not xbox or DS players... no offense intended to any xbox or console pad players, I just love the arcade and appreciated the competition on joysticks like the game was supposed to be played. Hopefully 9.95 can get some videos up soon and we will be able to see how well we actually played.

Other than that, it was just a great time seeing old friends, bringing back memories, and meeting some of the new people. I'm looking forward to the next castle golf gathering. I would definetly reccomend to the locals to come out and play next time. Its close, we have sticks, pads, etc. to play on, and it was GREAT TIME!

See yall later, I'm going to sleep. Good night!!!!!!!

LOL@GROUP PICTURE. 9.95 head is blocking me, virtually all my body, thats hilarious.

Man, my glasses are like tilted sideways wtf.. :?

Warrior
LI Maverick said:
LOL@GROUP PICTURE. 9.95 head is blocking me, virtually all my body, thats hilarious.

We gotta pack some meat on you. Were you sideways in that pic behind me? LOL

I honestly didn't even see you there...LOL . I'm glad I'm losing weight now...LOL.(15lbs in 2 weeks). I'll have more pics up later today, including a group one where you arent hidden behind my fat ass, and hopefully have some way of getting the videos up also... need to find a server to post them to so people can D/L them. Each video is appx 20mb.

styroteqe

Space Jockey
mkvids dot net said:
my block button wasnt on the left. that layout is the exact same as an mk machine. block in the middle and run on the bottom left.
nah i was whining about the pad not the stick :) your stick was uber

styroteqe

Space Jockey
Frankiebonez said:
Styrotege was great meeting you, I will probably be in touch for my PSP needs in a the near future.
werd. we'll have to have to do up some casuals on your cabinet sometime, you, me, and 9.95. and we'll downgrade your psp when you scoop one up. then you too can rock contra in 4:3.

styroteqe

Space Jockey
9.95 said:
LI Maverick said:

We gotta pack some meat on you. Were you sideways in that pic behind me? LOL

I honestly didn't even see you there...LOL . I'm glad I'm losing weight now...LOL.(15lbs in 2 weeks). I'll have more pics up later today, including a group one where you arent hidden behind my fat ass, and hopefully have some way of getting the videos up also... need to find a server to post them to so people can D/L them. Each video is appx 20mb.
he was in the second or third shot that Mel took...

dude, do me a solid and just drop all the raw footage (stills and videos) in the dojo uploads on my server..

styroteqe

Space Jockey
photo op

i look thrilled in that picture btw.. i know there was one taken w/ Kevin in it, and i was smiling, not rocking the junkie look :D

Warrior
Like i said, I'll get the other pics up soon...

though, the junkie look is from coming down off that caffeine high from the Jolt Ultra(sugar free of course...LOL)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Cool group pics, nice award that Frankie won. Very nice job 9.95

So that's what Red(mk vids) looks like, lol :p

9.95 dude you look like a baseball coach dude lol, definitely :wink:

Ohh shit you know took me a minute to notice (or rather not notice) maverick lol, behind 9.95

Nice award again, congrats to Frankiebones 8)

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Looks like it was a lot of fun! The timing just wasn't good for me this time around, but I'll try to make it out to one of these events soon.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
9.95 said:

Phil(9.95, the short guy in red)
Dude, you are the Super Mario of UMK.com :wink:

I am so jealous of this!!!!

I wish I could have been there. Looks like SO much fun

I am gonna do a tournament here in Columbus at the Bowling alley I work at sometiime in the spring (See www.PalaceLanes.com ) Maybe I can talk some of the NY/NJ crew into coming down? :wink:

I <3 9.95 :p

Warrior
Tim Static said:
I <3 9.95 :p
LOL, easy now, we don't want the word get out too quickly...LOL

Tim Static said:
I am gonna do a tournament here in Columbus at the Bowling alley I work at sometiime in the spring (See www.PalaceLanes.com ) Maybe I can talk some of the NY/NJ crew into coming down? :wink:
That'd be cool, I'd be down...gotta see the fund situation once you announce it.

Seriously though, this was a blast guys. I really urge everyone from NY and NJ to come to #7 in March. After being convinced that(even though I suck with one now) the best players play with a stick, my girlfriend is going to order me one from Arcade in a box tomorrow, so I'll def. have the stick for the #7.

I have all the videos sorted by match now, so I will talk with Shock about how he wants to get them viewable by everyone(one of my favs is when Frankie pulled out a cross screen into corner Inf. with Kung). I'll try and get the rest of the pics up tonight after I get home from work.

Shock, Summoning,Tim and Busta, you guys gotta come in March!!!

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
mkvids dot net said:
fun times to everyone, and thats why online play can never replace the arcade scene.

trust me i am very rusty, if you knew me back in 95 like lance, frankie and joe than you would understand why i say im rusty.

yes my phone was getting the web but it wasnt through wi-fi just through sprint, and i had no troubles at all.

joe lance said you played me back in the day. where??? the only young kid i remeber was at sunrise mall playing mk4 he using subzero and tanya.

knit adam and lance were there, they said hi.
Frank you have to come down next week, im sorry i couldnt make that LI one it was my wifes birthday bro. But can you come to nj next week? Im trying to get wayne out as well

Warrior
Ok, I have a program now to convert the video files to either WMV or mpg2 so that I can make a DVD out of it. What does everyone want?

I'm already making a DVD out of the movies for Frankie so I can just make that available, or make the files available. Let me know.