What's new

Castle Golf Fight Night #6 1/19/08 [Long Island, NY]

Re: umk3

mkvids dot net said:
did you play at lil johns at all?
lil johns the pizza place next door right? yea dude, with Kory... I think that was his name, he was def older than me, I think you too he was like in his 20s at the time and a big metal head, loved marilyn manson if I remember right.

You got AIM? Get on there if you can.

styroteqe

Space Jockey
nathan's!

so you asked about westbury nathans frankie.. did you play there as well? i used to hang out there almost every friday night... played lots of MK3 there during it's heyday..

also did up a LOT of UMK at the Broadway Mall in Hicksville.

how much did you pay for your cab?

900 for the cabinet... I never played out in westbury nathans though. Being that I was a bit young like 15-16 years old I couldnt get a ride up there really ever. I was limited to where my parents would take me hehe.

Noob
hmm... this is getting interesting... Tim might come out, eh? Well, my G/F is supposed to get me a stick for the holidays.. maybe I'll start getting the artwork together for it so we can get it ordered ASAP so we'll have another stick there.

How many people from other states want to come down? :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
9.95 said:
hmm... this is getting interesting... Tim might come out, eh? Well, my G/F is supposed to get me a stick for the holidays.. maybe I'll start getting the artwork together for it so we can get it ordered ASAP so we'll have another stick there.

How many people from other states want to come down? :)
I'll see what I can do...depends, but I will try. But yeah, get that stick ordered ASAP. It will probably take 3-4 weeks before it ships back to you.

Noob
Tim Static said:
I'll see what I can do...depends, but I will try. But yeah, get that stick ordered ASAP. It will probably take 3-4 weeks before it ships back to you.
True... ok, I'll talk to my g/f and see. I'll have to ask Shock what he used as his options for stick and buttons(types, not configuration).

Shock, any input on what I should order...stick type and button type?

Tim Static

Adminerator
9.95 said:
Tim Static said:
True... ok, I'll talk to my g/f and see. I'll have to ask Shock what he used as his options for stick and buttons(types, not configuration).

Shock, any input on what I should order...stick type and button type?
I might be able to help you. Are you trying to get a stick just like on the old Midway cabinets?

Actually better yet, check out the thread that is stickied near the top on the General Discussion forum called "Arcade-In-A-Box; Custom UMK3 sticks!"

Read through and you should be able to answer all your questions :wink:

Noob
yeah, I read the thread, but I'm not sure what Hap and Sanwa look like.. LOL.. I can figure out convex, concave, etc. Just looking for an existing config and I may just go ahead and use that.

Tim Static

Adminerator
9.95 said:
yeah, I read the thread, but I'm not sure what Hap and Sanwa look like.. LOL.. I can figure out convex, concave, etc. Just looking for an existing config and I may just go ahead and use that.
Sanwa = Imagine a Japanese SF stick in a MK configuration. I personally wouldnt go Sawna for a MK stick, but I will def go Sanwa for my SF/MvC stick

Go Happ concave, IMO

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
Re: umk3

mkvids dot net said:
well since u guys live on the island and live for umk3, im sure i might know some of you.

so who played at spaceplex

and who played at westbury nathans.

and nit was shock part of the fighters-edge team??

i only remember you, wayne, rda, pookie, mike m and of coarse jim "the legend" fink.
Frank I cant make the castle golf its my wifes bday that night she will slay me . But yes i miss the old crew :)

summoning

Re: smithhaven

mkvids dot net said:
so it you played at smithhaven you had to have played me. I was there alot, usually bullshitting with Vic.

also if you played at spaceplex, you might rememebr some of these names... Lance, Lori, kevin, Evan, Joe video,Kurt, Frank and Adam.

As to MKF30 he will not be showing up on long island unless someone picks him up, he dont have a car.

Knit, was shock part of your crew, did he ever come to LI to play??
Shock wasnt part of our crew back in the day. I believe cause we were in LI and he was in NJ back then . Im now in NJ thats how i bump into my new mk crew:)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Haha, I was a mere 14 years old when I was playing UMK3 in around NJ. I wouldn't have been able to make it to LI.

summoning

Shock said:
Haha, I was a mere 14 years old when I was playing UMK3 in around NJ. I wouldn't have been able to make it to LI.
shock we had the mk team back in the day man, im way worse than I used to be but we were pretty good back in the day we beat alot of people
but now on XBL i really think there are way better players then we ever saw
MKVIDS dot net was always around too

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The up and coming players have the benefit of the experience of the players before them. Anyone playing for real in the mid 90s pioneered the game.

True man... I've known Frank for a while. I'm still kinda sad he doesnt remember me as much as I remember him, I was a bit younger but def held my own and then some against people.

Anyway, who is down for this? I'll 100% go as long as we can get like 5 people to come down!

styroteqe

Space Jockey
Frankiebonez said:
Anyway, who is down for this? I'll 100% go as long as we can get like 5 people to come down!
I'm down. 9.95 is coming down. Shock mentioned he may come out. With you that's four, I thought LI Mav said he would try and make it as well...

Noob
styroteqe said:
Frankiebonez said:
I'm down. 9.95 is coming down. Shock mentioned he may come out. With you that's four, I thought LI Mav said he would try and make it as well...
I have to talk to Illegal Eagle again, he's in CT and may come down if he knows it's a serious set of players. He may bring his friend who's decent too. Plus I think Tim may try to get there as well which would be great.

Guys, I manage a trophy store. If we get a good turnout for UMK3, I will DEFINITELY make an awesome trophy for the tourney. I have alot of options...I can do a trophy, I can do a plaque or an acrylic. Let me know, but we need a good turnout. I really want to shake this up with UMK players.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm not going to be able to make it, it was depending on two things and that was if Summoning was going, and whether or not I'm going to Royal Rumble a couple days before, and I am now so I won't be able to get off two days that week.

Noob
Shock said:
I'm not going to be able to make it, it was depending on two things and that was if Summoning was going, and whether or not I'm going to Royal Rumble a couple days before, and I am now so I won't be able to get off two days that week.
Damn, it would have been nice to meet you. Oh well...another time another place. We still have to work on getting as many UMK.com players from the area there, as well as getting as many UMK3 players there as possible.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I want to run a tournament at the Break in January, the Break's location is within 90 minutes of at least 30 players but I settle for 8 there lol.

Noob
Shock said:
I want to run a tournament at the Break in January, the Break's location is within 90 minutes of at least 30 players but I settle for 8 there lol.
Let me know when. I'll def. go and I'm sure that Styro will make the run with me.

Well I'm still down to go. Someone will need to bring an Xbox 360... I think I have a 19" TV I can bring I have to check, but I cant bring my xbox since its 1/2 mine and my brothers.

Noob
Frankiebonez said:
Well I'm still down to go. Someone will need to bring an Xbox 360... I think I have a 19" TV I can bring I have to check, but I cant bring my xbox since its 1/2 mine and my brothers.
I'm bringing my 360. I will see if I can bring another TV. It'd be good to have 2 360's and 2 TV's for UMK. I might also have my stick from Arcade in a Box by then, but no promises.