What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

I don't know guys. Her glow kick is completely busted bow. On block on first kick you can walk forward making the amplified kick whiff and she gets full punished for this. That move is brokenly bad now

I mean people will just have to hit confirm better now. I actually think this is ok. I don’t think it was ever meant as a get out of jail free card, but that’s what it ended up.
Now that move can only be used as an ender and the amplified version is useless unless you are trying to end the match because you would just spend a bar for few %
Her whole gameplay is harshly influenced by that.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
It's tough but there might be an option select for punishing Cassies glow kick. So you do the flawless block and the immediately input D2 KB, and then punish her with your jab or whatever.

So on glow kick amplify, you get a regular punish from flawless block. And on regular glow kick, you get a D2 KB.

I feel like it's possible but it's hard to tell in practice mode, I'm gonna keep labbing it and if it's real I'll make a video about it.

sars

Noob
Now that move can only be used as an ender and the amplified version is useless unless you are trying to end the match because you would just spend a bar for few %
Her whole gameplay is harshly influenced by that.
I wouldn’t say her whole gameplay is influenced by that. She still a dominate footsie character. I would say honestly that was the only thing that was to strong before. It was a get out of corner free card. Could make 111 in not punishable. Now you have to be aware of when you hit buttons. She still probably top tier easily.

Maybe I'm overreacting. We are 2hrs into the patch. But damn, making it punishable on flawless block is good, making it punishable on meterless is good since it was already but making it punishable after spending a bar...Cassie is still good and probably top tier but now that move is pretty much useless.
Probably now on 111 blocked it's better to not do anything

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Maybe I'm overreacting. We are 2hrs into the patch. But damn, making it punishable on flawless block is good, making it punishable on meterless is good since it was already but making it punishable after spending a bar...Cassie is still good and probably top tier but now that move is pretty much useless.
Or it can be stopped at 11 if you see that the first two hits were blocked, since that's -2 on block.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I mean they still have to guess between the strings though
Tbh, they have to be able to make the read before they do it. -14 seems scary because we're used to not being blown up for it, but now they get rewarded. She's still able to stagger & bait. For the most part, they still have to worry about that before they get the flawless block. There's a lot of people that aren't just going to outright flawless unless you're doing it too much. She's fine. Just have to mix the strings a little more. So conditioning more is something we have to do. How many people are actually flawless attack punishing F343? Hardly anyone.

Look at Skarlet. A lot of her stuff is reactable with flawless blocks, but hardly anyone is doing that 9/10 times because they still have to deal with her other tools. It's the same thing.

Last edited:

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I mean they still have to guess between the strings though

Tbh, they have to be able to make the read before they do it. -14 seems scary because we're used to not being blown up for it, but now they get rewarded. She's still able to stagger & bait. For the most part, they still have to worry about that before they get the flawless block. There's a lot of people that aren't just going to outright flawless unless you're doing it too much. She's fine. Just have to mix the strings a little more. So conditioning more is something we have to do.

Look at Skarlet. A lot of her stuff is reactable with flawless blocks, but hardly anyone is doing that 9/10 times because they still have to deal with her other tools. It's the same thing.
But there is only the option that she won‘t amp glow kick or she will so fblocking it is kind of a nobrainer. It‘s the same with skarlets String (f43 I guess? I don‘t know the input). The only options are is she going for the stagger or is she rocking the string and you can blow up both options on reaction

You are right. Just note that now glow kick is reactable on normal block too, no need for flawless.

Goatlegs

Noob
Glow kick could be taken out of the game entirely and she'd still be top 5. Even if they completely butchered the move, which they didn't, AMP glow kick isn't what made her great in the first place. It was really just the cherry on top of all her other tools that had no business being as safe as it was. We actually got off pretty easy this patch.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Glow kick could be taken out of the game entirely and she'd still be top 5. Even if they completely butchered the move, which they didn't, AMP glow kick isn't what made her great in the first place. It was really just the cherry on top of all her other tools that had no business being as safe as it was. We actually got off pretty easy this patch.
Yep, she's still got a lot of tools in her box.

I tried just walking out of the Amp glow kick (since people here said you can just normal block the first and walk to avoid the Amp) but I can't seem to be able to do it? Is it possible?

Also, let's be honest. 8 or 9/10 people aren't fblocking amp glow kick.

Ok I'm doing some testing and for the moment I found out the characters that can walk and punish are
  • Noob
  • Sonya
  • Liu Kang (he gets a free kick to the face krushing blow from this)
  • Johnny
While characters that get kountered for trying to walk are
  • Kung Lao
  • Skarlet
  • Kitana
  • Shao
  • Jacqui is particular because she can walk away but gets hit by the amplified kick even if she is very far (her hitbox on the back must be very big)
  • Cassie

Im sorry but 50hp in a competive scene is a big deal. A lot of tight fights are result in that region of health. A lot of pros win at 1hp,10hp, 20hp,30hp, 40hp, 50hp.
You lose a lot with that hp.
So Cassie Cage get busted because of SonicFox success with her. I never see her as anything special. To me she was perfectly balance character, that doesnt need anything to buff or nerf.

But with so much crying on from people, unreasonable things will happen.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Im sorry but 50hp in a competive scene is a big deal. A lot of tight fights are result in that region of health. A lot of pros win at 1hp,10hp, 20hp,30hp, 40hp, 50hp.
You lose a lot with that hp.
So Cassie Cage get busted because of SonicFox success with her. I never see her as anything special. To me she was perfectly balance character, that doesnt need anything to buff or nerf.

But with so much crying on from people, unreasonable things will happen.
it literally isn't a big deal
90% of the cast still wishes they were cassie
Cassie is still probably the best overall character in the game

I mean people will just have to hit confirm better now. I actually think this is ok. I don’t think it was ever meant as a get out of jail free card, but that’s what it ended up.
I worked on block confirming into glow kick but okay it is gone it is easier not pressing buttons.
In that case glow kick is a high risk low reward tool on block to check counterpoke... as e.g. B243 vs. B24xxBF4 was still fuzzyable. :)

But wait I just checked it it is still mind game. If the opponent tries to flawless block the regular up glow kick is safe (but remain up close).
And if the opponent just want to D2 KB the amp will hit.
That's pretty low reward for high risk thugh. :)

So in that case Cassie can even do amp low shot as high risk high reward - or just remain safe with stopping the string.

F4 -3 is good I think as people will try to poke / escape after F4 more - and F41 can punish it more. Only problem with it that F41 is not hit confirmable on 2nd hit so need to take risk to punish button press after F4...
But F4 on block will not be in poke range either so it is an interesting stuff if people challenge F4 more. I already tried to read F4 stagger into walk back when I fight against Cassie. That does not really change but will be more frequent.

Btw according to my short lab F4 stagger is now reactable as F41 look getting faster than the F4. But in real match it might be not a factor but on pro level who knows. Reacting with walk back might be Cassie's favor if Cassie can attack with her B2.
But going F4 into throw well hm I dunno we will see. It looks too much recovery to be a good stagger now.
They added extra recovery frames too I guess.
22F which is just too much it was way better I think.
Scorpion's F3 is 17F recovery. That's what I call unreactable stagger even if it is -2 (and the 2nd hit is slow enough!). I think it was better with Cassie but I can be wrong. Hm hm...

Basic core mid range strong footse game did not change too much though which is good news. Up close pressure god is affected though (with both nerfs) let's see how it looks like in practice.

Last edited:
But F4 on block will not be in poke range either so it is an interesting stuff if people challenge F4 more.
F4 on block is in range for a D4. Not that big of a deal. I'm glad the punish on glow kick can be performed only by some characters. That move is not cheap anymore and everything considered is still reliable under certain circumstances.

F4 on block is in range for a D4. Not that big of a deal. I'm glad the punish on glow kick can be performed only by some characters. That move is not cheap anymore and everything considered is still reliable under certain circumstances.
What do you mean only some characters? The 100% guaranteed punish both on regular and amp?
I tried with Scorpion he is not that one lol. Can you tell me an example?

What do you mean only some characters? The 100% guaranteed punish both on regular and amp?
I tried with Scorpion he is not that one lol. Can you tell me an example?
See the previous posts

Here is video proof (don't know how to add videos here sorry)

Ok I'm doing some testing and for the moment I found out the characters that can walk and punish are
  • Noob
  • Sonya
  • Liu Kang (he gets a free kick to the face krushing blow from this)
  • Johnny
While characters that get kountered for trying to walk are
  • Kung Lao
  • Skarlet
  • Kitana
  • Shao
  • Jacqui is particular because she can walk away but gets hit by the amplified kick even if she is very far (her hitbox on the back must be very big)
  • Cassie

See the previous posts
I tried with Noob. The example video is not correct it does not lab the real circumstances.
E.g. F41xxBF4 can not be walk backed or something at least I could not. And even dash is "kountered".
But yes after B24xxBF4 if you crouch block everything you can back dash and punish.

It might be due to the fact that you block F41 OH and the character will not block the glow kick with crouch block and the pushback it too much for the successful backdash/walk.

So I recommend review that list. :D

But list or not it is still high risk low reward tool and e.g. after F41 or B24 it is fuzzy guardable - and Cassie has no real advantage using this. That's why I did not use it due to the fact of "counter poke" but rather a why not extra chip before.