What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

you should be able to do a brutality finisher if youve met the requirements....i always either finish them with the fully charged shot to the guts KB or a b1 up close to the balls

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
This character is autofootises as fuck in a game that's mostly about footsies, and on top of that ending combos in a restand takes out the whole oki game which is supposed to restore balance since the defender has the upper hand on oki in this game. Cassie doesn't give a shit about any of that.

It's sad that people have only started figuring that out recently. Better late than never though I guess and that's why everyone has her as #1 on their lists these days.
Fits with her character really, she'll kick your shit in no matter what. She's so easy to play she presses the buttons on my controller herself, what a nice girl.

ErmacAuditore

Shang Tsung's "Ermac Dans La Bouteille" Colonge
'sup?
Not a frequent user here, more active on r/MortalKombat, from where I was sent to ask some questions. The deal is that I've just decided to pick Cassie and am trying to get my hands on all info I can get before hitting the lab. So, onto questions:
  1. What buttons must I take notes of? I've been told about f4 and staggers from it, but other than that, this area is foggier than a lake with Rom, the Vacuous Spider <_<
  2. What are beginner combos for her? YT gave some Raptor's videos to consider, but I want to ask you as well.
Basically, I'm trying to lay a foundation to work with later on, so, any help will be appreciated.

My take on Cassie vs Liu Kang matchup:
Another set that shows how great and underpowered by some Liu Kang is, where in reality he is top, top tier and in this match up he is better than Cassie Cage and here is why:
He have better zoning, and counter her pretty well. You can see that where they are both on low hp and SonicFox try to close the distance, while ninja run back and relying on projectiles(zoning).
Liu Kang can send low and high fireball in the same time, Cassie cant do. And Cassie "low" shot is actually a mid, so you can block it even if you can stand still, which is a huge advantage to Liu Kang, because his down fireball its actually a low shot and you need to crouch to block. And most importantly Liu Kang have direct counter to Cassie Cage "low" shot, and you can counter her everytime she decide to shot if you are in a range, and that dragon kick range is fu** insane.
Liu Kang beat her in that department and it beat her big time. He have better zoning and he have a direct counter that do a tons of damage to Cassie "low" zoning.

On neutral/footsie i think its close, but Cassie took that department.

In terms of combo and combo damage - Liu Kang for sure. He had better variety and his Op combo is a low that have really fast start. His all string are pretty safe and his attack are very fast and its very hard to take "turn" when he is pressuring you.
Both lacks OH, but both have one Cassie in a bad and easy to block combo, and Liu Kang in Shaolin Stance.
What is so strong about Liu Kang is that character simply can covert every f hit that caught you. His combo are sh** easy and its a zero chance to drop one, which again is a big + for him, unlike Cassie combos that are actually hard and some of her string are hard to convert if you miss the moment.

And what really makes the difference between two character and makes Liu Kang so imba strong and dangerous is his insane KB and FB.
While Cassie Cage have 1 viable KB and you simply cant convert into combo, Liu Kang have KB on his Dragon Kick, he have on Bicycle Kick, he have KB on his High Kick on Chinese Warrior combo.
And the big problem here is that he can combo on his KB. Oh almost forget he also have KB on his both throws if you failed to escape ....
And here we come to his bread and butter his - FB. One of the strongest in the game. While most FB if done on combo damage is lowering, Liu Kang damage is not touched, even if he do it on 300 combo already .... This is f* insane and every game its like he is starting the set with 1 round to him.
Also his FB is fast as hell, its just 16f start up and if he miss by some miracle its insanely hard to punish him.
Cassie Cage FB have 32f start up and you can see it from plane that is coming. Its sucks hard and its even hard to land it on combo, because of her slow start up. If you blocked its full punishable.
And the only way to land it on combo its early in the combo, and you cant do great damage with it, unlike Liu Kangs one.

Forget the Anti-Air department but i think its obvious that Liu Kang is a king there.
Anyone with real argument are free to oppose me.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
This character has one of the worst d1s and fatal blows in a game where those moves are extremely important. Make her f4 -2 on block, fine, make her d1 longer and 7 frames. Just delete her fatal blow and come up with a new one. I'll take erron blacks.

Except when you realize all her strings leave you outside of D1 when you hit confirm properly. Then she has a 9f mid that's 0 on block. But that's clever design imo as much as I hate this character lol.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
'sup?
Not a frequent user here, more active on r/MortalKombat, from where I was sent to ask some questions. The deal is that I've just decided to pick Cassie and am trying to get my hands on all info I can get before hitting the lab. So, onto questions:
  1. What buttons must I take notes of? I've been told about f4 and staggers from it, but other than that, this area is foggier than a lake with Rom, the Vacuous Spider <_<
  2. What are beginner combos for her? YT gave some Raptor's videos to consider, but I want to ask you as well.
Basically, I'm trying to lay a foundation to work with later on, so, any help will be appreciated.
B24 to whiff punish, F41 after restand. D4 to keep them away from you and use F21+3 to control the space along with that D4. And as for combo tips, always use the nut kick since the restand grants you a free mixup. Either throw or F41.

I don't think Cassie has really easy combos but things like this may help you get the hang of the timing:

B13 * B24 + up glow kick
B24 + low gunshots AMP * J4 * S3 + nut kick
F41 + low gunshots AMP * J2 * B24 + nut kick

Practice those!

I made a thread on all her combos and also linked video guides here: https://testyourmight.com/threads/chew-bubblegum-kick-some-ass-cassie-cage-tournament-ranked-combos-tech-and-tips-thread.69257/

hope that helps!

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
one day... they'll make her low shot a low... but also make her animation get hit by other projectiles and I can play this MU with Noob.
OR
They'll merge his air tele slam into his base kit

until that day..... she deletes him from the game :(

Wetdoba

All too easy...
one day... they'll make her low shot a low... but also make her animation get hit by other projectiles and I can play this MU with Noob.
OR
They'll merge his air tele slam into his base kit

until that day..... she deletes him from the game :(
The only reason she deletes Noob from the game is because of F22 both hits whiffing on her crouch blocking. The rest is manageable

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The only reason she deletes Noob from the game is because of F22 both hits whiffing on her crouch blocking. The rest is manageable
I would love to see video sets of anyone playing this MU and winning more than 1 match.

Its more than just f22 whiffing. She can just run away from him all day as well without fearing any kind of punishment.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I would love to see video sets of anyone playing this MU and winning more than 1 match.

Its more than just f22 whiffing. She can just run away from him all day as well without fearing any kind of punishment.
Low shot is more minus than it feels or looks, you can check her with slides after any time you are in range and air tele keeps her honest from outside that range

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
This character has one of the worst d1s and fatal blows in a game where those moves are extremely important. Make her f4 -2 on block, fine, make her d1 longer and 7 frames. Just delete her fatal blow and come up with a new one. I'll take erron blacks.
At least you can combo her FB off one of her most common strings. It's still pretty trash, but figuring out I can actually use it is nice.