What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

that list is valid for 111xxBF4 which was essentially the only combo you used the glow kick for to stay safe. Works on B24 too. If you force opponent to stand block before glow kick it cant be punished.
EDIT yeah the video fucked up. I don't know why the cpu performed the wrong combo what I registered was 111xxBF4. Still, trust me, the list is correct
EDIT 2: also stance 1 still whiff on crouch blocking...

Last edited:
that list is valid for 111xxBF4 which was essentially the only combo you used the glow kick for to stay safe. Works on B24 too. If you force opponent to stand block before glow kick it cant be punished.
EDIT yeah the video fucked up. I don't know why the cpu performed the wrong combo what I registered was 111xxBF4. Still, trust me, the list is correct
EDIT 2: also stance 1 still whiff on crouch blocking...
For 111 yes and that's reasonable as this is the only unsafe string. Sry. I did not read the details too much.
Hm what do we do now with that 111? Always eat full combo punish or risk a full combo punish? :D

That's a pretty much risk using Cassie's autoshimmy 111 move in the future - on high level.

But there are options so no free punish every time need to work for that punish.
111 xx BF4
111 xx BF4 AMP
111 xx DB1 lol.

Last edited:

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Heads up. Liu Kang in Wu Shi Legend has the projectile parry & it also parries her B1. So in this variation, we'll have to be more careful with the projectiles, but then walk & dash with him more.

JDE

Cassie is still hella strong, dare I even say #1.
Yeah I still believe in her. I'm not paying attention to people who are complaining about her. But what I'm trying to say about Liu is we're going to have to throw his timing off with F3 more against him in that variation since they'll start trying to react with parries. Of course we know what we can do in Lotus Fist.

JDE

Well I'd still play her even if they cut off her right arm so...I don't plan in taking part to any tourney either. She still the one I enjoy the most.
That's always a good thing to hear. I had every intention on playing with her & Kitana in 11. I like the way Scorpion Subzero & Sonya feels too, but she feels the best in terms of how I like to play. Tbh, I don't really enjoy Kitana's style of play at all like I used to. She didn't really get changes she needed either outside of the parry buff. Very cool looking character & my favorite female ninja in the game, but her buttons don't suit me. Cassie on the other hand does & thensome. She was my favorite new character in MKX but more rushdown & mixup heavy.

In this game, I feel like I play the kind of footsies I want then whiff punish with a lot of reward behind her in both variations. So she's my main until the end this time around. I understand the concerns but seeing what others can do, she's still at a high point. They did what they needed to do with her.

I'd much rather give up Ex upglow kick as a read/react type of thing than to have more recovery off low shot or just in general make it slower.

Last edited:
I imagine how the balance patch were figured out:
  • Hey F4 -6?
  • No it is too minus.
  • -5?
  • Feels okayish but down HP to 980.
  • Hm, then -4?
  • Well, but HP to 965.
  • -1?
  • It is not enough only with 900 HP.
  • Hm, then I think -3 and 950 final bet?
  • Ok, deal!
:)

Vagrant

Noob
Driving back from out of town so can’t test but I hear they fixed the active frames on her restand now and they can’t jump out as easily anymore. Can anyone confirm this? That’s big

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Driving back from out of town so can’t test but I hear they fixed the active frames on her restand now and they can’t jump out as easily anymore. Can anyone confirm this? That’s big
Woah really? I'll check that out tonight.

JDE

Yeah I tested it. They get hit by mids cleanly now but jumping they hardly can do it. They'd have to be mashing but even then they get popped. They basically have to deal with the follow ups & guess.

Edit @Vagrant @Vslayer Here's a video if you want to see for yourself & judge (I'm terrible at video editing. Sorry)

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yeah I tested it. They get hit by mids cleanly now but jumping they hardly can do it. They'd have to be mashing but even then they get popped. They basically have to deal with the follow ups & guess.

Edit @Vagrant @Vslayer Here's a video if you want to see for yourself & judge (I'm terrible at video editing. Sorry)
omg dude, does F4 still beat pokes?

Vagrant

Noob
Yeah cass is fine. Will have to center more on zoning and whiff punishing since you’re generally going to want to stagger to confirm instead of string into ex glow kick. We’re basically going to be minus more often but that’s fine. Her buttons and her zoning are still incredible. When she does hit you, you’re going into the blender.

I’m fine with her nerfs and still feel she is high/top tier.

sars

Noob
I didn’t know you could f2 fatal blow after KB D2. Learn something new every day. I’m sure that would of saved me a couple times lol

JDE

I didn’t know you could f2 fatal blow after KB D2. Learn something new every day. I’m sure that would of saved me a couple times lol
F2 > Fatal Blow
F41 > Fatal Blow
B2 > Fatal Blow
21 > Fatal Blow
12 > Fatal Blow
B1 > Fatal Blow
F4 > Fatal Blow
F34 > Fatal Blow
D2 > F2 > Fatal Blow
D2 > B3 > Fatal Blow
D2 > Stand 4 > Fatal Blow
B13 > B3 > Fatal Blow (corner)
B13 > F2 > Fatal Blow (corner)

They all work

Last edited:

sars

Noob
F2 > Fatal Blow
F41 > Fatal Blow
B2 > Fatal Blow
21 > Fatal Blow
12 > Fatal Blow
B1 > Fatal Blow
F4 > Fatal Blow
F34 > Fatal Blow
D2 > F2 > Fatal Blow
D2 > B3 > Fatal Blow
D2 > Stand 4 > Fatal Blow
B13 > B3 > Fatal Blow (corner)
B13 > F2 > Fatal Blow (corner)

They all work
I just didn’t know that one for some reason.