What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
There’s more to f4 than just doing f4 again guys lol. After a f4 she can always do f4,1, f4,1 amp upkick, shimmy and fish for b2 (which has its own staggers and shimmy situations), d4/d1, throw, f4,1,2 if you feel like being punished, etc. Not to mention she gets this situation off every nut kick.
But why is that bad? It's part of her offense. She has no great pokes, I think it's a fair trade-off. She's doesn't have high damage, she relies on breakable combos so she needs a way to constantly open people up. At least that's how I see it.

She's a great character and she's very strong, I am not denying that, but I think she is honest.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
But not everyone has a neutral staggerable mid. She has the best one is all Ive been saying. Walk back is literally the best option, and I know and effectively use that, but it doesnt feel honest that her mid is the fastest, best on block stagger and she has presence everywhere else. But its not broken, just very very good.
that's true but I mean she's designed to be a neutral heavy character so it makes sense that she has a good staggerable mid. it definitely wouldn't be a wrong decision to make it slightly more minus on block though. I still think it would be fine if low gunshot wasn't so good. yaas queen is a good variation too but is completely overshadowed by digital soldier because of this one move.

sars

Noob
If you started with this post there would of been more to discuss. We could of discussed specific situations. You never once even came close to mentioning the options. You just said it was braindea

Last edited:

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
But why is that bad? It's part of her offense. She has no great pokes, I think it's a fair trade-off. She's doesn't have high damage, she relies on breakable combos so she needs a way to constantly open people up. At least that's how I see it.

She's a great character and she's very strong, I am not denying that, but I think she is honest.
[/QUOTE
that's true but I mean she's designed to be a neutral heavy character so it makes sense that she has a good staggerable mid. it definitely wouldn't be a wrong decision to make it slightly more minus on block though. I still think it would be fine if low gunshot wasn't so good. yaas queen is a good variation too but is completely overshadowed by digital soldier because of this one move.
I agree, I guess nerfing normals would further neuter that variation.

seanpon

Noob

How is she honest LOL. She is clearly the best character in the entire game. Doesn't have any weaknesses or a bad match up

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Really, you did not mention nothing of that sort. We know the options off of nutpu

If you started with this post there would of been more to discuss. We could of discussed specific situations. You never once even came close to mentioning the options. You just said it was braindead
Page 43, I mention the +4 restand. I should have called it nut punch so as to let you know which +4 restand I meant, ig. Please, Im done arguing. Weve moved to a healthier discussion. You and the other member jumped on me about f4 and I admittedly got sidetracked, but it was mentioned and in fact, I originally posted that its mostly dumb because she also has the best projectile.

seanpon

Noob
Jade, Seeing Double Noob, and possibly Kabal.
bad match ups aren't 5-5

The fact that this character can outzone most of the cast and has some of the best rush down tools like a 9 Frame mid thats PLUS 0 on block for some reason... This character is just as much as a potato to play as superman or atrocitus in INJ 2. Its funny how people in this thread think S+ tier characters take "fundamentals" or any skill to play. Hell even geras is less braindead than her and has worst match ups

sars

Noob
Yeah it is. It will always be the best veriation in my eyes. Jk it is more fun though

sars

Noob
bad match ups aren't 5-5

The fact that this character can outzone most of the cast and has some of the best rush down tools like a 9 Frame mid thats PLUS 0 on block for some reason... This character is just as much as a potato to play as superman or atrocitus in INJ 2. Its funny how people in this thread think S+ tier characters take "fundamentals" or any skill to play. Hell even geras is less braindead than her and has worst match ups
You really think Cassie takes no fundamentals.

sars

Noob
Anyone noticing more lag in Kombat League than before. On lunch I had like 3 matches lag out and returned to main menu. Never had that happen

Blewdew

bad match ups aren't 5-5

Oh so that‘s why everyone has a pocket Cassie and no pocket geras or jacqui

Oh wait:DOGE

Blewdew

you want it 11 frames also, I didn’t catch that part. That’s interesting. That would suck for yaas queen. Most people can just jab and beat out of yaas queen after a nutpunch anyways. You really don’t get that much pressure and some characters can just strait up low profile it. I agree -5 might be a little much considering she’s supposed to be a footsie character.
No he wants it to be -2 on block so the next f4 would come out in 11frames

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
How is she honest LOL. She is clearly the best character in the entire game. Doesn't have any weaknesses or a bad match up
Your avatar is literally her worst MU. She struggles against Erron and anyone who can say FU to her zoning or pressure or someone like Jade who has long-range attacks. Stop listening to top players and learn the actual character before making ridiculous claims.

Goatlegs

Noob
yes that's true but that's nothing excusivly to cassie that's just how staggers work. anyone with a good mid can do this.
I get that, and you’re right that’s how basic staggers work. My point wasn’t to explain what staggers are, it was to show the mass amount of strong options coming out of f4. Some people, not everyone, seem to talk about it like, “oh it’s only a 9 frame 0 on block mid” as if it isn’t an extremely powerful tool. Is there even another normal in the game with frames like that?

Also I love the discussion guys, but some of you don’t need to be so aggressive though. It’s just a game.

sars

Noob
I get that, and you’re right that’s how basic staggers work. My point wasn’t to explain what staggers are, it was to show the mass amount of strong options coming out of f4. Some people, not everyone, seem to talk about it like, “oh it’s only a 9 frame 0 on block mid” as if it isn’t an extremely powerful tool. Is there even another normal in the game with frames like that?

Also I love the discussion guys, but some of you don’t need to be so aggressive though. It’s just a game.
I don’t think anyone is saying it’s not strong. it’s the best mid in the game. With all the options off of it and being +0. I just don’t understand why people are acting like it’s free, and there’s no options against it.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

Yeah, you're right, tho we all know when people start throwing out claims like 'no bad MU' and 'has no weakness' that nerfs are on their way. We may be a tad overprotective of our mains but that's the fun part of it I guess :p

Blewdew

Kabals f4 with ndc is a hitconfirmable 9f mid and +1 on block so there is that lol

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Please explain that gun charge mind games to me. I do not imagine it. What is the bnb (example) and the mind game. Thx for help.

In the corner I started using straight gun and amp if I have bar. That +6 / +10 standing reset is so good. :)
And better damage than nut kick. Of course from juggle nut kick ender.
Starter, amp db1, j2 or j3, 34bf1

Starter, amp db1, j2 or j3, 34bf1
I see thanks. It looks weird because the opponent can simply duck and I guess you got a free charge up or shoot it into the air.
Interesting but looks extra fun in the game (probably BD3 ender is more useful).
I will put it onto my combo list. :)

Ok.....hate me other Cassie players but I am a Cassie main and I think she is arguably the best. She makes a very strong case for it. I have been telling guys how ridiculously good she is but I think tho people who disagree just have different views fundamentally.
I am glad playing the best if it is fun too and clicked to my playstyle.
Sonya, Erron, Geras were not clicked. Erron was fun first though just too dirty to me.
Scorpion is favorite too however I do not like playing tele cancel mixups (nobody force).
I also like Kitana however I can not play her how she should be played by heart.
Kabal was good but became boring fast.

Probably nerf will not affect my preference. Maybe need more help for bad match ups.