What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I play more than 2/3s of the roster, @Vslayer , you know this. Im at least average at the game. I also heavily follow and involve myself wity the competitive scene and hear others opinions. I play against her and with her regularly and have thoroughly labbed her mu vs many characters. Idk about calling things in a new game broken or op, but she is the best character, very easy to play, and requires little thought from most ranges. Why not f4? Why not low gunshot?
She‘s definitely not braindead lol get out of here

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Oh so like, Sonya's 50/50s that leads to 40% damage? Indeed.

So you're on the 'she has no weakness bandwagon'? Her good damaging combos (30% max) are all combo breakable. She struggles against good anti-zoning (Cetrion) and people with long-range attacks (Jade), Erron Black pretty much says FU to all her pressure tools. Her corner game is meh because everyone is blocking low and her only launcher is slow (B13) and low gunshots don't connect unless used in a precise combo when the opponent is at exactly the right height, but it switches sides so bye bye corner pressure. Her KBs are not that easy to get, and her D2 has no hitbox so you're getting D2'ed KB if you use it, unless you're at the exact range that it'll hit. Her FB is the worst in the game.

These are all weaknesses, but they're not bad things, because she needs them to balance her strong pressure. She's perfectly balanced.
Most combos are breakable, thats not a weakness. Average to decent damage is not a weakness. Cetrion cannot use her best zoning tools in that mu and dies once Cassie gets in. Erron Black is a fair point, but hes also pretty stupid, but actually has a few losing matchups from what i gather. There are combos off amp guns that keep them cornered and in the corner you only need f4 shimmy, shes a monster there. Kbs are what? F21+2 that hits on counter? Super hard, huh? 3rd amp nut punch? Not worth but have you seen theDoT it does? Full Charged gunshot can be stord and has setups AND you can cancel that. D2? What about her FB? Doesnt b1, b3, and f4 cobo right into it? Doesnt it have unbreakable damage? You cant juast throw it out, but if you need to, its got movement options and is an overhead. So, yes, you lack fundamental knowledge, and about Sonya, shes my pick for number two in the game. Also braindead. i pick her to abuse, I hate the character. Her 50/50 Is 100% fuzziable, I labbed it last nig ht. she has shit range, and her projectile is a high so the damage should be there. Shes still not as good as Cassie. Im not saying anything to slight the player base, but Cassie isnt honest at all.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Most combos are breakable, thats not a weakness. Average to decent damage is not a weakness. Cetrion cannot use her best zoning tools in that mu and dies once Cassie gets in. Erron Black is a fair point, but hes also pretty stupid, but actually has a few losing matchups from what i gather. There are combos off amp guns that keep them cornered and in the corner you only need f4 shimmy, shes a monster there. Kbs are what? F21+2 that hits on counter? Super hard, huh? 3rd amp nut punch? Not worth but have you seen theDoT it does? Full Charged gunshot can be stord and has setups AND you can cancel that. D2? What about her FB? Doesnt b1, b3, and f4 cobo right into it? Doesnt it have unbreakable damage? You cant juast throw it out, but if you need to, its got movement options and is an overhead. So, yes, you lack fundamental knowledge, and about Sonya, shes my pick for number two in the game. Also braindead. i pick her to abuse, I hate the character. Her 50/50 Is 100% fuzziable, I labbed it last nig ht. she has shit range, and her projectile is a high so the damage should be there. Shes still not as good as Cassie. Im not saying anything to slight the player base, but Cassie isnt honest at all.
Pretty sure Sonya's 50/50's make her better than Cassie. Like a whole lot better. Like guess wrong and you're dead better. Yeah you can fuzzy block them, but who can do that consistently other than the person you saw this from? Sonic fox.

F2 1+3 is a good KB, B243 is dangerous since they can duck and punish the 3. The other ones are pretty hard to get against good players. Cassie is honest and that comes from someone who is a worst player than yourself, but someone who has been playing her since day 1 and improved with her because I can't just throw shit out willy nilly, I have to learn to play footsies.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
She’s not dirty, also a lot of characters can low profile F4. Having on stagger that’s 0 on block is not dirty. Every character in the game can stop the stagger by hitting a button. It’s not different than any other stagger. That’s fighting games I do one option you do this option. Nothing is dirty about F4. Is it the best mid in the game, I would say so. Does not mean it’s dirty, if someone goes to stagger you hit them out of it. Sub also doesn’t have a 50/50 cause you can react to the overhead.

No one here is saying she’s bad but she has nothing that’s dirty, she just plays footsies well. I like how until sonic pickers her up she was fine. Now sonic says she’s the best it means she dirty. She is arguably the best character but she has nothing that’s dirty. She was dirty in MKX. She honest in this game. People are just afraid to hit buttons and let people get away with F4,F4,F4 staggers. Show a Cassie that your not afraid of it and she just can’t throw F4 out there and than she has to change it up. There’s also this thing called wiff punishing that you can do. There are options for everything Cassie can do, people just don’t want to take the time to figure them out
You honestly misunderstand, youre referring to a hard read that you expect people to constantly make. F4, I block and poke, but she walked back because its 0 on block, now Im whiff punished. its a read, I would need to KNOW they are going to f4 on repeat. Im flexing my mind musdle and Cassie isnt. I know the mu both ways, I dont struggle with the matchup. Your opinioh doesnt hold watter.Youre theory fighting and areason I may stop posting here. Also, lol at Sonic.. As if I dont play the game 8+ hours a day, have spoken out about beef with sonic irl, and deliberately ignore his opinion. Wanna play?

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Pretty sure Sonya's 50/50's make her better than Cassie. Like a whole lot better. Like guess wrong and you're dead better. Yeah you can fuzzy block them, but who can do that consistently other than the person you saw this from? Sonic fox.

F2 1+3 is a good KB, B243 is dangerous since they can duck and punish the 3. The other ones are pretty hard to get against good players. Cassie is honest and that comes from someone who is a worst player than yourself, but someone who has been playing her since day 1 and improved with her because I can't just throw shit out willy nilly, I have to learn to play footsies.
You have improved as a player, I try to always comend you on that. Sonya isnt better. Her 50/50 is not good. I have to work to get them to block b1, otherwise pokes and d1s all day. Youre wrong here, but Ive said enough. Youll continue to improve, I know that, and youll realize you wer talking non sense. I didnt know Sonic thought she was top until this thread, and you know what they say about assumtions...

sars

Noob
You honestly misunderstand, youre referring to a hard read that you expect people to constantly make. F4, I block and poke, but she walked back because its 0 on block, now Im whiff punished. its a read, I would need to KNOW they are going to f4 on repeat. Im flexing my mind musdle and Cassie isnt. I know the mu both ways, I dont struggle with the matchup. Your opinioh doesnt hold watter.Youre theory fighting and areason I may stop posting here. Also, lol at Sonic.. As if I dont play the game 8+ hours a day, have spoken out about beef with sonic irl, and deliberately ignore his opinion. Wanna play?
Yeah it’s a read but 95 percent of neutral is a read. I’m at work so no I can’t play, I just don’t think you understand how fighting games work. Blocking Sonya 50/50 is a read. Blocking garas 50/50 is a read. You could duck his 111 and flawless block the 2nd hit but he might f2 you. Neutral is about spacing and reads. Knowing your opponents options and knowing how to defend against them. Knowing the spacing so you can wiff punish there options. You don’t need to know I’m doing F4 stagger you can predict it. The whole game is about reads and that’s your reason for saying a move is broken

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
You have improved as a player, I try to always comend you on that. Sonya isnt better. Her 50/50 is not good. I have to work to get them to block b1, otherwise pokes and d1s all day. Youre wrong here, but Ive said enough. Youll continue to improve, I know that, and youll realize you wer talking non sense. I didnt know Sonic thought she was top until this thread, and you know what they say about assumtions...
Maybe, we'll see when the time comes. In the meantime, guess I'll be an ass ;)

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Why would I do that? It does not change anything.
Let's see the new patch instead. Maybe Cassie is nerfed finally.
Because usually, I can tell by playing someone if they understand the game and your comments are all highly suspect. On a competitive forum we should all want to play one another.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Yeah it’s a read but 95 percent of neutral is a read. I’m at work so no I can’t play, I just don’t think you understand how fighting games work. Blocking Sonya 50/50 is a read. Blocking garas 50/50 is a read. You could duck his 111 and flawless block the 2nd hit but he might f2 you. Neutral is about spacing and reads. Knowing your opponents options and knowing how to defend against them. Knowing the spacing so you can wiff punish there options. You don’t need to know I’m doing F4 stagger you can predict it. The whole game is about reads and that’s your reason for saying a move is broken
Bro, okay. :)

Because usually, I can tell by playing someone if they understand the game and your comments are all highly suspect. On a competitive forum we should all want to play one another.
You can ignore my comments if it is not worth the attention.
I will definitely not play anybody to prove that I am worth listening or whatever. I am more grown for that.

Besides that of course playing each other is a good thing regardless of the competitive forum. :)

I know, and the player who posted it said it was a bad thing...yikes.

It was more than one person. Check the frame data.
I checked Sonya B1 and it was still a high. I did not see it in the frame data but I just did a hit in practice room. :)
And I did not see any patch.
But I can imagine that they put something to the frame data before it arrives actually.

Sonya B1 MID would be interesting as why they would buff one of the best characters more? :)
Maybe Cassie's F4 will be +2, too.. :)

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Blocking Sonyas 50/50, fuzzy. Not aread. Idk wahat character youre talking about with 111, but cassies is -8 and punishable and all jabs start high. Not a read or a good comparison. Blocking geras 50/50 is also fuzzyable and like Sonya, one option is full combo punishable. F4 tagger can be walk back, another f4, a poke, many things. That makes it a HARD read where she risks nothing. I agree that a lot of neutral is spacing, reads, reactions, character knowledge, an player knowledge. Aside from that, your post is ofrensive to my eyes.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I came here to get info, found bickering about nerfs, saw someone call her nest and not dirty at all, got tilted. My bad. I apologize for generally discussing how you guys were fortunate to have the best character, but the downplay and lack of fg fundamentals baffled me. I also, more sincerely, apologize for being rude. If anyone wants to test my understanding of the game, Im DrYukinariOhkido on PSN.

sars

Noob
Blocking Sonyas 50/50, fuzzy. Not aread. Idk wahat character youre talking about with 111, but cassies is -8 and punishable and all jabs start high. Not a read or a good comparison. Blocking geras 50/50 is also fuzzyable and like Sonya, one option is full combo punishable. F4 tagger can be walk back, another f4, a poke, many things. That makes it a HARD read where she risks nothing. I agree that a lot of neutral is spacing, reads, reactions, character knowledge, an player knowledge. Aside from that, your post is ofrensive to my eyes.
Ok, how can you fuzzy guard garas 50/50 of of 111. The low and overhead come out at the same frame unless frame data changed recently. I never mentioned Cassie 111 so that point is weird, don’t know why you would bring it up. It’s only good for punishes or auto shimmy. Yeah Sonya 50/50 is fuzzyable but you only have like a frame or 2 so it’s not like it’s easy. Sorry my post was offensive, I’ve just never heard someone complain about having to make a read. If we never had to make reads no one would get openend up.