What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

You don't need to use spacing like you would if you'd try to catch them whiffing with B24, you can throw out F4 and hit them pressing buttons most of the time and if they're blocking? Shimmy and throw it out again. After a restand, it's a guaranteed combo if you time it right and you don't need to move one inch. And if it hits it staggers even if you don't hit confirm in the combo, you can just grab them. They jump? F4. Baraka blade lunge? F4. Erron Black drop kick? F4. They breakaway from a combo? They can't wake up now, so you F4 into a combo.

Cassie can pretty much open people up very easily and if they don't have defensive meter, you can get two back to back combos.
Ah okay I thought you knew that already. :)

Bear in mind that after blocked F4 the 2nd whiffs mid screen so need to step forward for a 2nd one. That is not 0 on block but still strong.

I did not use it as anti air as I found B3 superior though.
9F move yes can do magic. :)
I will check Erron and Baraka but I tend to play with Scorpion against Erron and simple Jab can do the same work.

I do not whiff F4 as a check either in neutral however it has good recovery so it might be okayish.

sars

Noob
@Professor Oak I am starting to get what you meant about F4, I started using it more and it does just bypass neutral all together. You can pretty much do it whenever you want with little risk. I used b24 a lot to whiff punish and that's why I never really thought about abusing F4, but man it is a strong move.
I use F4 all the time. I didn’t use it the first 2 weeks but than I realized how good it was and I started abusing it

That's why I want a Cassie partner to see how to work around it. :)
I just see the opponents suffering against it so badly.

I felt pretty uncomfortable in my few vs Cassie matches. Now I am afraid of more that I see how it works.

Need to avoid that situations as much as possible. Cassie is strong from almost all range (DS).

sars

Noob
You don't need to use spacing like you would if you'd try to catch them whiffing with B24, you can throw out F4 and hit them pressing buttons most of the time and if they're blocking? Shimmy and throw it out again. After a restand, it's a guaranteed combo if you time it right and you don't need to move one inch. And if it hits it staggers even if you don't hit confirm in the combo, you can just grab them. They jump? F4. Baraka blade lunge? F4. Erron Black drop kick? F4. They breakaway from a combo? They can't wake up now, so you F4 into a combo.

Cassie can pretty much open people up very easily and if they don't have defensive meter, you can get two back to back combos.
I’m so confused, any character can get back to back combos.

It is not a guaranteed combo after a restand, they can block it( they do have to take the mix up though in digital soldier)

They can poke you out of a 2nd F4 if it’s blocked or low profile it.

It’s a mind game and it’s a good button but there are counters to it.

Easily best mid in game

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I’m so confused, any character can get back to back combos.

It is not a guaranteed combo after a restand, they can block it( they do have to take the mix up though in digital soldier)

They can poke you out of a 2nd F4 if it’s blocked or low profile it.

It’s a mind game and it’s a good button but there are counters to it.

Easily best mid in game
I'm talking about like back to back when it comes to restands since you are +4. And if you time F4 correctly after even if they try to poke you're gonna beat it.

Yeah definently, no one poking out of that. They shouldn’t be hitting buttons after a +4 restand anyways.
On my low-medium level they DO.
They probably do not know or simply do not care. And that one I like in Cassie F4: it punishes disrespect hard for low risk = godlike.

With Scorpion I need to risk a walk back whiff punish against these type of players: less efficient (but more satisfying). :)

I abuse F4 for counter poke too.
I wait for a blocked poke then immediate F4 and lot of cases I hit them out of the mashing/follow up.

But with a D1 I would be just 1F faster so F4 is so obvious to be used.

sars

Noob
On my low-medium level they DO.
They probably do not know or simply do not care. And that one I like in Cassie F4: it punishes disrespect hard for low risk = godlike.

With Scorpion I need to risk a walk back whiff punish against these type of players: less efficient (but more satisfying). :)
Yeah most low to mid lvl players don’t try to understand frame data

Yeah most low to mid lvl players don’t try to understand frame data
Well if I continue my journey in kombat league I will meet better players as well.
As my match up experience is not too much I can learn from almost all matches, yet.

There are only few characters I am fully comfortable to play against (with more hundress matches behind).

Game is more interesting if I know and experienced in a match up and can focus on fighting the player and not the character. :)

off topic kinda but did anybody watch sonics digitial soldier versus kombats geras casual set? he was cancelling b1 into dual wielding on block...nothing spectacular really but i took it online and people were falling for it left and right (b1xxbf1(cancel) b13/f41combo as well...i wish the recovery frames on the cancel were a couple less but tricky tricks nonetheless!). bf1 COULD be neutral ducked but doesnt the flip kick in b13 hit mid? Even if it doesnt you could condition with b1xxnut kick/low shot

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
off topic kinda but did anybody watch sonics digitial soldier versus kombats geras casual set? he was cancelling b1 into dual wielding on block...nothing spectacular really but i took it online and people were falling for it left and right (b1xxbf1(cancel) b13/f41combo as well...i wish the recovery frames on the cancel were a couple less but tricky tricks nonetheless!). bf1 COULD be neutral ducked but doesnt the flip kick in b13 hit mid? Even if it doesnt you could condition with b1xxnut kick/low shot
That's actually a good tactic, the range on B1 is ridiculous and you can hit them with low gunshots from mid-range to close. I'll definitely lab this tonight.

I think it is a very risky play but probably the element of surprise wins. :)

I do not use B1 yet I focuse too much to my other footsies play yet. :)
I am interested in it though if it turns out competitive and not just too gimmicky fun. :)

Last edited:

sars

Noob
So it looks like there’s enough time to see if B1 hits or is blocked. If it hits you go into duel welding for 182 damage and if it’s blocked you cancle it.

So it looks like there’s enough time to see if B1 hits or is blocked. If it hits you go into duel welding for 182 damage and if it’s blocked you cancle it.
Nice. Need to lab the frame data on cancel. If it is too bad you can do it once/opponent. :)

You can do this on a lot of her strings btw. She is the real deal. I've reserved who I thought was he beat for a long time, but most arrows are pointing at Cassie for now.

Downside is she is a boring top tier to me. But damn she is strong enough where I can't consider not playing her at least as a pocket.

I think it is a very risky play but probably the element of surprise wins. :)

I do not use B1 yet I focuse too much to my other footsies play yet. :)
its definitely a risk/reward thing BUT i abuse throw/b1/f41 after restand sooo much that a ton of folks either turtle after the restand OR just stand up and block...or a combination of both if theyve become privy to the f41 combo. The f4, f41 can be staggered obviously going back into pressure or cancelled into bf4mb to be made safe.
Not sure of the recovery frames on bf1mb BUT if they get caught holding block the push back should be enough to make it safe-ish with another f4 taking precedence over most advancing strings
the idea behind this is to condition the opponent to neutral duck with the throw after restand...THEN run the b13 starter....then BACK to the f41 AFTER they respect the b13 starter after restand...THEN run the mind games aspect of what I was presenting earlier (cancelling b1 into bf1/low shot/mb up kick/cancelling the bf1/just outright charging the bf1 and releasing on reaction/etc...

You can do this on a lot of her strings btw. She is the real deal. I've reserved who I thought was he beat for a long time, but most arrows are pointing at Cassie for now.

Downside is she is a boring top tier to me. But damn she is strong enough where I can't consider not playing her at least as a pocket.
I am not bored against a good opponent who I can dance with.
Footsies are not boring to me.
I am not fan of mixup play though. Unless I drink. :)

The game itself is still fun, I just mean she does not have any interesting mechanics. She was designed well to be played quickly. Which is a credit to her strength.