What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
does Jade even have any bad match ups? I feel like she beats the majority of MK11 cast without much trouble especially projectile characters.
I never played her in previous MK games, but does she also have this move where she cant get hit by fireballs? ye her own fireballs on ground, high and air can still hit you lol though this is kinda crazy
I guess other than Scorpion I don't think she has a lot of bad MUs

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I watched my replays I felt bad even watching this lol. My gameplay was bad too I wanted Knee Capping all the time lol.

But I realized something I could not adept to (it happenned before but not many times but he just abused it): my opponent always neutral jumped/away jump after BD3 ender.
He ate the F4 but it is not possible converting from that. And he could wake up after that of course.

How can I manage that kind of players? Simply wait and anti air if I can?
If they neutral jump D2, or B3

sars

Noob
I watched my replays I felt bad even watching this lol. My gameplay was bad too I wanted Knee Capping all the time lol.

But I realized something I could not adept to (it happenned before but not many times but he just abused it): my opponent always neutral jumped/away jump after BD3 ender.
He ate the F4 but it is not possible converting from that. And he could wake up after that of course.

You can combo if they jump and you hit a F4. People used to do that to me, but just do your normal anti air combo.

Yeah I did miss kneecappin in some matchups, Sonya and also a couple Cassie cage digital soldiers that I played, and Kabal. I was hoping since since bubble was plus 10 I could end combos in that and jail into F2. Doesn’t work, but if it went a hair further it would work so that stinks. The main reason I’m going to stick with it is cause it’s gonna improve my footsie game. I do not think it’s her best veriation but I was having a lot of fun. I actually had to approach people instead of making them approach me. I think using yaas queen will improve my game a lot. Later I might switch back but I think I’m going to stick with it until after I go to EVO
Hm you might be right.
Maybe it is not clicked to me because I am rather a defensive mentality player. But playing a bit defensively should not mean no footsies requirement especially with Cassie.

However I agree that walking down an opponent is pretty difficult and need even more patience...

I will not give up but I can not forget that even Digital Soldier is new to me I just started feeling her. Switching to a different variation might have ripped my game. But I learn from every mistakes.
Just sometimes a bit salty.

I won against Jade 3-1 (Kasual then he switched) but I felt more salty than every lol.

You can combo if they jump and you hit a F4. People used to do that to me, but just do your normal anti air combo.
Thanks guys I will lab it as it looks like crucial.
I would not abandon F4 follow up if not neccessary. B3 anti air is ok but that means I just wait for his move and let him go. But yeah that is a read.

EDIT after few minutes practice room: Oh yes after F4 both F2 and B2 connects. But not that easy on reaction. Need more match situation like this. :)

Btw fatal blow combos with Yaas Queen is a bit better: You can do 415 after 111xxDB4 AMP, B3xxFB. (normally 111 xx FB does not connect).

However F41xxDB4 AMP, B3xxFB is only 389 and F41xxFB is 374 so 1 bar for 15 damage is not that good...
I found B3 is the most optimal filler.

I could connect B1 after F41xxDB4 AMP once but it is too strict to be practical to me.

Last edited:

sars

Noob
I would not abandon F4 follow up if not neccessary. B3 anti air is ok but that means I just wait for his move and let him go. But yeah that is a read.
Yeah

EDIT after few minutes practice room: Oh yes after F4 both F2 and B2 connects. But not that easy on reaction. Need more match situation like this. :)

Btw fatal blow combos with Yaas Queen is a bit better: You can do 415 after 111xxDB4 AMP, B3xxFB. (normally 111 xx FB does not connect).

However F41xxDB4 AMP, B3xxFB is only 389 and F41xxFB is 374 so 1 bar for 15 damage is not that good...
I found B3 is the most optimal filler.

I could connect B1 after F41xxDB4 AMP once but it is too strict to be practical to me.
yeah b1 after db4 is way to strict to try in a match, especially online.

I am always poked after bd3... Even with slower poke so I miss 2 frames.
I played with my friend who poked me 3 times. Then it pissed me off and tried to focus then I could F41 combo him multiple times and he was pissed off why I could do it lol. People just mashing and doing which works.
Opponent just spams damn poke while I need to be frame perfect. Well I need to practice it somehow. I may set the AI spamming poke.
With digital soldier +4 helps a lot and more respect.

Today I played a lot with Yaas Queen it was kinda fun but too monoton to me. And yes I felt me more agressive with her as back off is not an option when the opponent is kept restanding without break away lol. And I did not feel my zoning good enough to go back to zoning. Rather closer footsie game as it should be done.
However against Jaqui and Erron Black and Jade with Digital Soldier it would not have been better.
Damn Erron Black just mopped me. It was 200 ping but I felt pretty outplayed. And nice opponent mercyd me 2nd match then next opponent.
He was Kitana main but when I chose Cassie he went to Erron and when I hesitated he spammed Cassie. He just wanted to humiliate me.

I played with Erron but I rather dropped it it was not fun after a certain point and doing the strong frustrating play and I am not a pro.

So this is a salty day with Cassie - as a learning curve. :)
I was more confident with Digital soldier but probably would have been mopped too or even more.

Next time it will be better. And maybe I will not frustrate myself with bad match up when I am also a Scorpion co-main. :) Just in Kasual they leave fast instead of playing hard matches. So I rather choose to stay in bad match up.

Sry for long post that is just salt. :)

Last edited:

sars

Noob
Someone poking after
I am always poked after bd3... Even with slower poke so I miss 2 frames.
I played with my friend who poked me 3 times. Then it pissed me off and tried to focus then I could F41 combo him multiple times and he was pissed off why I could do it lol. People just mashing and doing which works.
Opponent just spams damn poke while I need to be frame perfect. Well I need to practice it somehow. I may set the AI spamming poke.
With digital soldier +4 helps a lot and more respect.

Today I played a lot with Yaas Queen it was kinda fun but too monoton to me. And yes I felt me more agressive with her as back off is not an option when the opponent is kept restanding without break away lol. And I did not feel my zoning good enough to go back to zoning. Rather closer footsie game as it should be done.
However against Jaqui and Erron Black and Jade with Digital Soldier it would not have been better.
Damn Erron Black just mopped me. It was 200 ping but I felt pretty outplayed. And nice opponent mercyd me 2nd match then next opponent.
He was Kitana main but when I chose Cassie he went to Erron and when I hesitated he spammed Cassie. He just wanted to humiliate me.

I played with Erron but I rather dropped it it was not fun after a certain point and doing the strong frustrating play and I am not a pro.

So this is a salty day with Cassie. :)
I was more confident with Digital soldier but probably would have been mopped too or even more.

Next time it will be better. And maybe I will not frustrate myself with bad match up when I am also a Scorpion co-main. :) Just in Kasual they leave fast instead of playing hard matches. So I rather choose to stay in bad match up.
hitting a button while negative is nothing new. That’s called footsies. Let’s say you plus 4 and go for a b24 if they got a 6 frame poke they gonna win. If you go for a F4 you gonna win. if I think you not gonna respect the plus frames why should I respect the negative frames. Footsies is so deep and that’s just one of the things that make it great.

Someone poking after

hitting a button while negative is nothing new. That’s called footsies. Let’s say you plus 4 and go for a b24 if they got a 6 frame poke they gonna win. If you go for a F4 you gonna win. if I think you not gonna respect the plus frames why should I respect the negative frames. Footsies is so deep and that’s just one of the things that make it great.
I always pressed 9F F4 in +2 situation where opponent mashed 7-8-9 and could win. At worst it should have been a trade where Cassie can combo from - in theory.

I am just pissed and salted that I lose the situation because I can not press the button frame perfect while master mashers can.
Go get better in execution.

I absolutely lab all the frames. But that does not matter if the execution is poor.
To be honest not easy to be frame perfect after ball buster. But maybe it will be better over time and after practice.

But that salt and stress absolutely pull toward Digital Soldier as being afraid of the mashers in an advantageous situation just kills my game. But of course I will not give up. :)
Too salted today I rather go to sleep it is 1 am here.

Last edited:

sars

Noob
I always pressed 9F F4 in +2 situation where opponent mashed 7-8-9 and could win. At worst it should have been a trade where Cassie can combo from - in theory.

I am just pissed and salted that I lose the situation because I can not press the button frame perfect while master mashers can.
Go get better in execution.

I absolutely lab all the frames. But that does not matter if the execution is poor.
To be honest not easy to be frame perfect after ball buster. But maybe it will be better over time and after practice.
That also has to do with online. I’ve had people hit me out of F4 on plus 4 nutpunch

That also has to do with online. I’ve had people hit me out of F4 on plus 4 nutpunch
Yes sure online can mess up these situations as well.

With +2 I fell more random today (80-200 ping) and in that case I may not force it as I rather like stability in my game.

Hm Scar vs Sonicfox on stream (digital soldier vs. Reborn).. :)

I just saw Sonicfox uses AMP straight gun in the corner. It works with all the strings except B24 and does pretty good damage compared to ball buster and +11 on hit and standing reset - even without amplified it is more damage than ball buster and more plus (+6). Well this is my go to BnB in the corner if not juggle.

With +11 S3 jails (not just in theory I checked in the lab it does not whiff) into S34 to check respect into massive damage or leave it in +0 on block. It looks amazing and pretty strong corner game besides F4. Even with digital soldier.

Or where is the catch? :)

Last edited:

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I'm actually getting frustrated with this skin grinding. I'm not getting what I want. How many fatalities to Cassie I have to do before her chest in the Krypt unlock? How long do I have to keep playing the guessing game before I get the grey armor, the grey jacket, & the light blue armor? The silver armor with the blue long sleeves? The light green jacket? Lmao. Bruh someone let me know please? I'm hopeless :/

sars

Noob

With +2 I fell more random today (80-200 ping) and in that case I may not force it as I rather like stability in my game.

I just saw Sonicfox uses AMP straight gun in the corner. It works with all the strings except B24 and does pretty good damage compared to ball buster and +11 on hit and standing reset - even without amplified it is more damage than ball buster and more plus (+6). Well this is my go to BnB in the corner if not juggle.

With +11 S3 jails (not just in theory I checked in the lab it does not whiff) into S34 to check respect into massive damage or leave it in +0 on block. It looks amazing and pretty strong corner game besides F4. Even with digital soldier.

It’s legit.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I finally unlocked her Warrior Shrine Chest AND the light blue jacket with the armor! :D NOW to get the grey jacket, grey armor, the default green jacket/armor, the blue sleeve/grey armor, AND the grey without the armor.

sars

Noob

Did you try the jailing on Jacqui. It didn’t work for me

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser

After nutkick they shouldn’t be able to jump if you are doing F4 quick enough. Just work on that timing and if they are holding up you should get a full combo again

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
@Hor_PeT two things I noticed from your post that I didn’t break down all that well in my previous post. You shouldn’t really be getting +2 nutkick situations at all, unless interrupting strings. If you are canceling strings into nutkick then you are leaving damage on the table where you could be hitconfirming into amp kneecappin or amp db4 instead. Also if aware of situations where people are mashing just walk back and whiff punish them. That way they stop mashing or just continue to give you free combos, either way you get what you want.

@Hor_PeT two things I noticed from your post that I didn’t break down all that well in my previous post. You shouldn’t really be getting +2 nutkick situations at all, unless interrupting strings. If you are canceling strings into nutkick then you are leaving damage on the table where you could be hitconfirming into amp kneecappin or amp db4 instead. Also if aware of situations where people are mashing just walk back and whiff punish them. That way they stop mashing or just continue to give you free combos, either way you get what you want.
Thank you for the break down.

1. I was/am in the +2 situation with Yaas Queen doing the unbreakable starter xx DB4 AMP, 111xxBD3 combo.
Of course with Digital soldier I do the DB1 AMP combo - unless I do not have bar and mid screen. In that case I can choose doing nut kick for +2 or BF4 for oki or just stopping string with more plus, etc.

2. About mashing and walk back: I totally agree with a character like Scorpion where he does not have fast and guaranteed MID to punish the mashers in certain negative frames. I do it always when I have the mash read (instead of throw). With respect you can throw, stagger, etc. Footsies...

BUT with Cassie and her 9F MID I was happy turning the situation into: if you disrespect me you will eat full combo just by pressing the guaranteed button (or even with F4 stagger you will have a +16 re-guess situation and on block it is still very good). That gives more respect than walk back and open up more mind game.

Maybe online and in +2 situation the walk back whiff punish might be more reliable solution even with Cassie.
But this walk back can turn bad with Cassie as his B2 is not disjointed hitbox like Scorpion's B1. Easy to go into an active move (e.g. think about Jaqui's F3 9F combo starter disrespect). And e.g. my friend even disrespects with D4 as he is conditioned to walk back with Scorpion lol.
That is when Cassie can close the respect discussion much better than Scorpion. :) And that's how I want to get respect - and that is one thing why I started liking Cassie very much - I really like getting respect and I am a bit annoyed but too much disrespect as I a respect the frames very much (probably too much to be good). With Cassie it looks smooth.

+4 restand is a big plus for Cassie over +2 however it is fact that break away is a real factor. E.g. against Jade it is a disaster as you finally made it to go to her then she break aways and can escape until 2 bars again. :)
Against Jade and other counters I will probably not play Cassie too much as fortunately Scorpion is just good enough against them. Challenge is good until a certain point but I do not want to get stroke lol.

Last edited:

sars

Noob
So im labbing matchups so far I’ve done Jacqie Briggs and centrion and I think yaas queen might be the better version against centrion. Her shoulder charge punished a lot of stuff you normally can’t puts you at +1 restand and in footsie range. I Think shoulder charge is underrated. It’s a 12 frame special that travels super far. Super excited to lab the rest of the matchups