What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Does anyone having problem keep getting db3 from couching when trying to anti air with b3? It happen to me so much today that I think I wanted to kill myself
That never happened to me, I use release check so maybe that has something to do with it.

Do you guys think she will get nerfed in the next patch? :(
No. Why would they do that?
Is she dominating tournament scene? Is she subject of complain wagon?
Is she broken overall?

I do not think do.

I just watched Sonic vs Kombat: Geras flawless block punished F4 after bd3 lol.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Do you guys think she will get nerfed in the next patch? :(
I could see her low guns getting more recovery or f4 being slightly more minus, I can‘t imagine anything else. It‘s the same thing as with sonya, having the best zoning in the game plus being a monster up close is predetermined to be nerfed in some way

I could see her low guns getting more recovery or f4 being slightly more minus, I can‘t imagine anything else. It‘s the same thing as with sonya, having the best zoning in the game plus being a monster up close is predetermined to be nerfed in some way
Makes sense. F4 is universal move so it would also hit Yaas Queen (and all the other possible variatons) who does not have the best zoning.
We will see. I am pretty sure that a balance change will affect the entire cast with buffs/nerfs not just 1 char.
Hopefully the big balance will be just better not worse regardless of the Cassie changes.

Pretty sure Cassie will be tuned slightly in the next patch, although if they want to keep her design as an oppressive neutral character they shouldn't go overboard. F4 being -2 or so would be okay, I hope they don't go overboard and make it -6 or whatever. Despite what certain tier lists say, Cassie doesn't do too well when pressured -- her wake-ups are very mediocre and lack range, her D2 is terrible and her pokes aren't great. F4 replaces the functionality of pokes, I hope they don't kill it. Would be okay if low gun gets toned down, maybe some recovery frames added or what Reo said about dealing less chip. Hope any balances get offset by Flipping Out being replaced or reworked into something useful.

Blewdew

Makes sense. F4 is universal move so it would also hit Yaas Queen (and all the other possible variatons) who does not have the best zoning.
We will see. I am pretty sure that a balance change will affect the entire cast with buffs/nerfs not just 1 char.
Hopefully the big balance will be just better not worse regardless of the Cassie changes.
yeah if I had to guess it's probably low guns that's gonna be nerfed in some way.
f4 being slightly more minus would still allow you to stagger though. right now you have 2 frames to react after f4 stagger if you have a 7f d1 like most of the cast which makes f4 just crazy good atm. even at -2,-3 or -4 it would still be a fantastic button. idk, time will tell

yeah if I had to guess it's probably low guns that's gonna be nerfed in some way.
f4 being slightly more minus would still allow you to stagger though. right now you have 2 frames to react after f4 stagger if you have a 7f d1 like most of the cast which makes f4 just crazy good atm. even at -2,-3 or -4 it would still be a fantastic button. idk, time will tell
Can you react the stagger?
I did not lab the F41 compared to F4 into F4 timing... F41 comes out fast so maybe the stagger is reactable but probably close - I would need to lab it to confirm.
In that case more minus can stop it "easily".

However e.g. Scorpion's F3 is also -2 (and Scorpion's fastest is 7F but does not have fast mid) but the follow up attack F32/F34 comes out pretty late and the stagger attack (e.g. a D1 or throw) can always be earlier than the point of the string finishing (so if you wait for F34 then Scorpion will be plus).

That's why it is fantastic stagger as you can not react it only read.
But Scorpion has no 9F combo launcher MID (in that case his throw is the fastest MID) so it needs to be like this to be competitive.
9F MID can give Scorpion hard time in -2 sitatuations. Especially Cassie's F4. :)

Last edited:

Blewdew

Can you react the stagger?
I did not lab the F41 compared to F4 into F4 timing... F41 comes out fast so maybe the stagger is reactable but probably close - I would need to lab it to confirm.
In that case more minus can stop it "easily".

However e.g. Scorpion's F3 is also -2 (and Scorpion's fastest is 7F but does not have fast mid) but the follow up attack F32/F34 comes out pretty late and the stagger attack (e.g. a D1 or throw) can always be earlier than the point of the string finishing (so if you wait for F34 then Scorpion will be plus).

That's why it is fantastic stagger as you can not react it only read.
But Scorpion has no 9F combo launcher MID (in that case his throw is the fastest MID) so it needs to be like this to be competitive.
9F MID can give Scorpion hard time in -2 sitatuations. Especially Cassie's F4. :)
no you definitely can't react to f4 but making it -2 wouldn't change that.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I don't think they should change anything, but maybe it's just my bias speaking. I would rather they make changes to the worst characters and not nerf because we all know what happens when they nerf.

cough D'vorah cough

I just saw Sonicfox using amp nut punch enders for Krushing blow (usually instead of DB1 AMP).
Maybe he had just fun but is it worth?

It does not too much unbreakable damage 16-20% into OKI.
And then around +14% for the Krushing blow with DOT. So for the 3 attacks it is around 21-25% unbreakable but OKI damage.

It does not look bad...

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I just saw Sonicfox using amp nut punch enders for Krushing blow (usually instead of DB1 AMP).
Maybe he had just fun but is it worth?

It does not too much unbreakable damage 16-20% into OKI.
And then around +14% for the Krushing blow with DOT. So for the 3 attacks it is around 21-25% unbreakable but OKI damage.

It does not look bad...
I don't think it's worth it, you can loop two combos back to back if you use the restand with two bars and that's more damage that one KB combo.

I don't think it's worth it, you can loop two combos back to back if you use the restand with two bars and that's more damage that one KB combo.
Yeah maybe it is worth when I really want to do only unbreakable damage.

I started playing ranked it is pretty shit with that 2 matches. However it is more stressful as the match is so short and if you want to play lazy it is over and in ranked you feel LOSS more than in Kasual however it does not really matter anyway lol.

Well that's the tournament feeling and extra adrenaline... Well I do not alway need extra adrenaline after a tiring day. :)

And now that I have 4-0 stat I will be very salted when the losses come lol.

I am used to the bad stat in Kasual as everybody quit if lose but play when they win and of course I play even more if I lose to learn. :)

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

I started playing ranked it is pretty shit with that 2 matches. However it is more stressful as the match is so short and if you want to play lazy it is over and in ranked you feel LOSS more than in Kasual however it does not really matter anyway lol.

Well that's the tournament feeling and extra adrenaline... Well I do not alway need extra adrenaline after a tiring day. :)
Haven't tried it yet, I'm waiting until tomorrow for the Kombat League!

Basically, the more you win the more you rank up and collect juicy rewards.
Ah okay. So we can grind for the skins. :)
I rather play Kasual but I heard that "better players" play ranked lol. That might be true I do not know. In Kasual yes it is not that difficult but with little match up experience it is still enough. I easily lose in unknown match up even if the guy is not that good.

But that 2 games are pretty not my style. However I can imagine that playing a lot of these will be not a problem. Especially if you can meet with the same guy several times in a playing set.

Maybe ranked saves the player from being salted. Game is over in 2 matches at worst and a new begins...
I can be salted very much when I am beaten over 10-20 matches. And of course I play as I want to learn. :) Players can not really troll in ranked either as it is over too soon.

I try to convince myself to play ranked lol. I will be not salted if my stat is too bad but let's talk about when I am at 20% winrate.. :)

Last edited:

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Even then it’s not that worth it damage wise because you can end in amp guns and setup gun charge mind games. I really only begin to do this once I have them cornered (which gives a safe jump) or when punishing gaps

Even then it’s not that worth it damage wise because you can end in amp guns and setup gun charge mind games. I really only begin to do this once I have them cornered (which gives a safe jump) or when punishing gaps
Please explain that gun charge mind games to me. I do not imagine it. What is the bnb (example) and the mind game. Thx for help.

In the corner I started using straight gun and amp if I have bar. That +6 / +10 standing reset is so good. :)
And better damage than nut kick. Of course from juggle nut kick ender.

I played a long set against a approximately similar level Reborn.
It is very tiring and annoying sometimes but Cassie has the tools to deal with him. And Reborn does not really break away to be able to tele cancel. :)