What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
I have a strong feeling most of these 9 frame mids are getting normalized.

I mean Kollector got his 20+ frame mid brought from 0 down to -5.

With all the time all talk of Cassie’s right now, I imagine f4 will be shafted and mb low shot will be unsafe on block.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Nice! I hope I can go to EVO this year. I've got some match up notes on him. Just need to play him more. Wish folks wouldn't downplay this character. She's really good imo. The match ups I'm seeing I don't seem accurate except for the ones on Twitter. I don't think she loses to Scorpion, Baraka, nor Jade. PPL have their opinions though.

Also I hate fighting Erron Black online. Erron in high ping is terrible. Especially in WFi. You can't block or react to F4 almost at all. Best way to beat him atm is to stay close to him. I'm hoping I run into a good one so that I can play against him more too. I do think this one could be tough for her but not awful by any stretch, but it's doable based on what I've seen so far in the lab and what I tested against a few players.
This is basically how I feel as well. The only one I feel is an actual bad matchup at this point is Erron Black. Everything else I felt was me being outplayed.

BigMilk

With all the time all talk of Cassie’s right now, I imagine f4 will be shafted and mb low shot will be unsafe on block.
Amp low shot is already unsafe on block

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure the entire cast can punish it.
This is not the first complaining and nerf spreading stuff from him without real knowledge. I do not know the point of it just a bit annoying. My bad - I solved the problem now.

Sonic Fox Vs Ninjakilla (Jacqui, Liu Kang)

I never tried Yaas Queen. Might have mess with her if the basics are practiced with Digital Soldier.
Losing the advanced zoning properties into something else might be useful when you can not really use zoning either.

I felt the same against Jaqui though. Combo looks weird though... :) And even less damaging (but no break away possibility).
Oh and she can combo in corner as well due to the AMP energy... nice. :)

Digital Soldier looks more exciting but Yaas Queen looks so effective against Jaqui. Pretty much better against characters where she can not use her Digital soldier tools anyway.

Last edited:

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
This is not the first complaining and nerf spreading stuff from him without real knowledge. I do not know the point of it just a bit annoying. My bad - I solved the problem now.

The only character I have complained about in a major way is Jacqui because cancels should always cost meter for resource commitment and visual cue. That’s it so not sure what’s you’re on about. I think scorpions death spin chip damage is pretty stupid and Liu Kang’s f4 doesn’t allow the opponents to back dash.

And I literally said I think this character is fine a few posts above. I just keep seeing her companies about with any real substance.

I’ll have to test if every character can dash and jab punish.

The only character I have complained about in a major way is Jacqui because cancels should always cost meter for resource commitment and visual cue. That’s it so not sure what’s you’re on about. I think scorpions death spin chip damage is pretty stupid and Liu Kang’s f4 doesn’t allow the opponents to back dash.

And I literally said I think this character is fine a few posts above. I just keep seeing her companies about with any real substance.

I’ll have to test if every character can dash and jab punish.
Please test it with all characters and if you find anyone who can not punish it somehow just write to the character's thread and the most experienced players will probably show you a proper way to punish it.
Or you can probably find out yourself in few minutes.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Please test it with all characters and if you find anyone who can not punish it somehow just write to the character's thread and the most experienced players will probably show you a proper way to punish it.
Or you can probably find out yourself in few minutes.
Ok pal, I was merely sharing the rumblings I’ve been hearing, but I’d be happy to mop you up anytime and post it to shut you’re pretentious mouth up.

You’re about as experienced as most of the online scrubs I run into so cool it.

sars

Noob

I don’t think her F4 will get hit with a nerf. They really just need to buff some characters. Cassie doesn’t really have anything OP right now she’s just good at a lot of things. We will find out though.

BigMilk

@BuffRaiden if you haven’t watched video that was posted already, amp kneecappin hits mid then follows w two high shots. Every character can duck then walk or dash forward and punish. Almost in the same manner you punish Raiden’s sparkport

sars

Noob
So I been labbin yes queen for like specific matchups like jade and stuff, but I might stick with it for all. She loses the damage mid screen but it’s still not bad, and gets consistent 300 give or take in the corner. I knew ya as queen was good, but I think I might enjoy it more. I don’t think it’s the best for all matchups but I feel like it’s more fun.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
So I been labbin yes queen for like specific matchups like jade and stuff, but I might stick with it for all. She loses the damage mid screen but it’s still not bad, and gets consistent 300 give or take in the corner. I knew ya as queen was good, but I think I might enjoy it more. I don’t think it’s the best for all matchups but I feel like it’s more fun.
the good thing about yaas queen is that you can get decent unbreakable damage into restand (you don't even need nutkick, you can also shoulder charge), meaning you pretty much never loose momentum. if low guns wouldn't be so good yaas queen could even be the better variation maybe

sars

Noob
the good thing about yaas queen is that you can get decent unbreakable damage into restand (you don't even need nutkick, you can also shoulder charge), meaning you pretty much never loose momentum. if low guns wouldn't be so good yaas queen could even be the better variation maybe
Yeah, you have 3 restands with shoulder charge and you bubble. The bubble is +10 on hit so you can probably get F4 pressure after it. Yass queen has all the tools to play solid footsies with. Without the zoning. Think ima play it in ranked and see what happens. Her corner damage is legit though

Yeah, you have 3 restands with shoulder charge and you bubble. The bubble is +10 on hit so you can probably get F4 pressure after it. Yass queen has all the tools to play solid footsies with. Without the zoning. Think ima play it in ranked and see what happens. Her corner damage is legit though
For the first glance Yaas Queen is "my char" as I do not like zoning but the fact that I like Scorpion is that I do not like getting zoned either. :)

She looks solid and efficient (no breakaway + restand + corner damage = opponent can not even use def meter if not char spec) but less interesting to me (too strict). I do not even like the animation of the moves.
I dont want another boring kabal. :)

I like Digital Soldier's versatility and the fact that she can excel in any range. And the special moveset.

However against Jaqui or other chars where zoning is not even an option Yaas Queen is fine to me: rush downs annoy me enough to use efficiency over entertaining. :)

Of course I will try her.
I am interested in the match up specific experience.

Last edited:
Only downside of Yaas Queen: BD3 is "only" +2 with her.
Other ender is more plus but out of F4 range (but it is still a good option for other follow ups as you have more respect). So against 6F D1 she might be trouble. Against 7F D1 the trade is Cassie's favor.
But in the corner it is even better as other restand is more plus and up close. So good trade off.

Theory fighting: I think against Scorpion also Yaas Queen might be the better variation.

I can use knee capping 2-4 times / matches and the main purpose to bait teleport by buffering it however I risk myself with that few knee capping to be punished anyway.
For teleport bait the straight shot cancel can be also effective or I do not know need to test it.

Other than that Scorpion can get away with a breakaway after a risky move which Yaas Queen would not allow and it is a thing. Especially Searing Rage who can not use his def meter for everything else (no wake up if mostly restand).

Reborn can use his def meter but he will teleport even more so knee capping is not better either.

I will practice her Bnbs and give her a go against Scorpion too.
I heard 1 frame link in Bnb wtf? Sonicfox also dropped it several times it can not be "good". :D

I am interested in your experience as well.

EDIT after few minutes practice: B24 | F41 | F2 | 111 xxDB4 AMP, B24xxBD3 or DASH, 111xxBD3 is not that difficult for the okayish damage (around 22%).
"I know Kung-Fu". :D
She needs new anti air, J3, B13 mid screen combos but fortunately it is also pretty good damage for 1 bar (I use AMP straight gun ender) just a bit short and boring lol. And in that case you do not get restand. For restand you get meterless less damage - it can be also good as saving bar for reset position is never bad.

I do not really like that low damage output but yes it is unbreakable and guaranteed. It looks like Cassie... everything is stable nothing crazy lol. I will check it in action today.
In the corner she has pretty good damage so with Yaas Queen the situation is turned - she is more effective in corner. I like that way though. :) But with 34 involved the opponent can break away so likely they will do if they can not send their def meter elsewhere.

Last edited:

sars

Noob
Only downside of Yaas Queen: BD3 is "only" +2 with her.
Other ender is more plus but out of F4 range (but it is still a good option for other follow ups as you have more respect). So against 6F D1 she might be trouble. Against 7F D1 the trade is Cassie's favor.
But in the corner it is even better as other restand is more plus and up close. So good trade off.

Theory fighting: I think against Scorpion also Yaas Queen might be the better variation.

I can use knee capping 2-4 times / matches and the main purpose to bait teleport by buffering it however I risk myself with that few knee capping to be punished anyway.
For teleport bait the straight shot cancel can be also effective or I do not know need to test it.

Other than that Scorpion can get away with a breakaway after a risky move which Yaas Queen would not allow and it is a thing. Especially Searing Rage who can not use his def meter for everything else (no wake up if mostly restand).

Reborn can use his def meter but he will teleport even more so knee capping is not better either.

I will practice her Bnbs and give her a go against Scorpion too.
I heard 1 frame link in Bnb wtf? Sonicfox also dropped it several times it can not be "good". :D

I am interested in your experience as well.

EDIT after few minutes practice: B24 | F41 | F2 | 111 xxDB4 AMP, B24xxBD3 or DASH, 111xxBD3 is not that difficult for the okayish damage (around 22%).
"I know Kung-Fu". :D
She needs new anti air, J3, B13 mid screen combos but fortunately it is also pretty good damage for 1 bar (I use AMP straight gun ender) just a bit short and boring lol. And in that case you do not get restand. For restand you get meterless less damage - it can be also good as saving bar for reset position is never bad.

I do not really like that low damage output but yes it is unbreakable and guaranteed. It looks like Cassie... everything is stable nothing crazy lol. I will check it in action today.
In the corner she has pretty good damage so with Yaas Queen the situation is turned - she is more effective in corner. I like that way though. :) But with 34 involved the opponent can break away so likely they will do if they can not send their def meter elsewhere.
I played about 15 sets as yass queen yesterday. Started off losing the first 5 cause I kept canceling into knee cappin( muscle memory) but than I started doing the right combos. I think It became my new main. Combos are real easy, and you do the same for male and females. Decent mid screen damage, shoulder charge has great corner carry. They will break first combo in corner but than they can’t wake up so you can pressure with F4 all day. If you land a hit you get juicy damage. First impression was good. Just need to get the combos down consistently. One thing is does is show you how much people rely on knee cappin. You miss a hit confirm with knee cappin and ex it most people don’t punish it. You miss a hit confirm with the bubble you getting comboed every time. Mixed up my ending between shoulder and nutpunch to throw people off. Shoulder leaves you in perfect wiff punish range. There’s a couple things I’m gonna test today that I think will be great with her just don’t want to give false information

I played about 15 sets as yass queen yesterday. Started off losing the first 5 cause I kept canceling into knee cappin( muscle memory) but than I started doing the right combos. I think It became my new main. Combos are real easy, and you do the same for male and females. Decent mid screen damage, shoulder charge has great corner carry. They will break first combo in corner but than they can’t wake up so you can pressure with F4 all day. If you land a hit you get juicy damage. First impression was good. Just need to get the combos down consistently. One thing is does is show you how much people rely on knee cappin. You miss a hit confirm with knee cappin and ex it most people don’t punish it. You miss a hit confirm with the bubble you getting comboed every time. Mixed up my ending between shoulder and nutpunch to throw people off. Shoulder leaves you in perfect wiff punish range. There’s a couple things I’m gonna test today that I think will be great with her just don’t want to give false information
Shoulder charge is +1 but yes good spacing.
Energy blast is +10 with still good spacing I prefer this maybe over shoulder charge but need exp.

Do you not miss knee capping e.g. against Sonya and other high projectiles?
Straight shot is also good though for trade but might be not enough against zone heavys and need more work to get in instead of being lame.

I will play online soon too. I play Kasual though only played 2.ranked.sets against total noobs.
Is match making depends on stat or instant Sonicfox danger?:)

I played against an annoying Emerald Jade omg that match up is awful lol.
I did not switch to learn how to suck it all - And I could manage walking her down and win but it was pretty annoying.

Of course Yaas Queen at least was a better joice. But still annoying match up. Jade is annoying by default. :)

By the way my F4 was poked out by 7-8F moves several times so far so my timing is bad. Opponent might mash D1/D3 like crazy while I need perfect timing meh.
I was poked out after +4 before too. :)
I will try the +10 ender as well...

Jade is the worst MU for Cassie hands down.
does Jade even have any bad match ups? I feel like she beats the majority of MK11 cast without much trouble especially projectile characters.
I never played her in previous MK games, but does she also have this move where she cant get hit by fireballs? ye her own fireballs on ground, high and air can still hit you lol though this is kinda crazy

sars

Noob
Shoulder charge is +1 but yes good spacing.
Energy blast is +10 with still good spacing I prefer this maybe over shoulder charge but need exp.

Do you not miss knee capping e.g. against Sonya and other high projectiles?
Straight shot is also good though for trade but might be not enough against zone heavys and need more work to get in instead of being lame.

I will play online soon too. I play Kasual though only played 2.ranked.sets against total noobs.
Is match making depends on stat or instant Sonicfox danger?:)
Yeah I did miss kneecappin in some matchups, Sonya and also a couple Cassie cage digital soldiers that I played, and Kabal. I was hoping since since bubble was plus 10 I could end combos in that and jail into F2. Doesn’t work, but if it went a hair further it would work so that stinks. The main reason I’m going to stick with it is cause it’s gonna improve my footsie game. I do not think it’s her best veriation but I was having a lot of fun. I actually had to approach people instead of making them approach me. I think using yaas queen will improve my game a lot. Later I might switch back but I think I’m going to stick with it until after I go to EVO

Jade is the worst MU for Cassie hands down.
I watched my replays I felt bad even watching this lol. My gameplay was bad too I wanted Knee Capping all the time lol.

But I realized something I could not adept to (it happenned before but not many times but he just abused it): my opponent always neutral jumped/away jump after BD3 ender.
He ate the F4 but it is not possible converting from that. And he could wake up after that of course.

How can I manage that kind of players? Simply wait and anti air if I can?