What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

I was just saying she wasn't braindead and you're just listing all her strengths, so let's go through what you said because I love dissecting people's salt with actual truth.

Great mixup options? All of her lows are slow as hell. B1=18 frames startup and if you finish the string it'd punishable on block. F3 19 frames start-up. Everyone blocks low and if you see F4 coming you can block the overhead.

She has amazing staggers yes, one is advancing the other is a 9 frame mid that's 0 on block. This makes her S tier.

Overhead fatal blow that's also slow as hell and all it takes it to block standing cause the chances they'll use it in a combo is slim to none since it's distance based, using it in a combo is pretty hard to do.

Safe strings with pushback?
B243 is not SAFE, 3 is a high and can be ducked and punished
F2 1+3, the F2 is a high and can be ducked and punished
F343, the last 3 has a HUGE gap.
111 is safe, but can be poked.

Every heard of whiff punishing? You can catch her with this tactic, like with any other character. Try playing neutral more and labbing her and you'll beat her.
F*ck neutral bro. :)

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
She really isn't brain dead, out of all the cast her combos require really tight execution compared to a lot of them. If the opponent sucks then yeah, it's an easy win cause they don't block anything, but maybe you just need to run a long set with a good Cassie.

Yep, yesterday in the KL I was frustrating the hell out of a Sonya with my zoning:

She's mega braindead. Maybe YOU need to run a long set against a good Cassie player

sars

Noob
Also I play exclusively yaas queen so im not a mouth breather like these (whatever variation one is called) mains.
Respect man. I did for 3 weeks but than switched back to digital soldier. It’s just so much better than yaas queen. I salute you though

S+ Main

Noob
Respect man. I did for 3 weeks but than switched back to digital soldier. It’s just so much better than yaas queen. I salute you though
Thanks, im still trying to find a main even tho the game has been out for months, lol but I also default back to yaas queen. I just wish her amp drone was 3-4 frames more + on hit so you can get her optimal consistently then shes main material.

sars

Noob
Thanks, im still trying to find a main even tho the game has been out for months, lol but I also default back to yaas queen. I just wish her amp drone was 3-4 frames more + on hit so you can get her optimal consistently then shes main material.
I agree, playing yaas queen def made me a better Cassie player. She is good in some matchups but digital soldier is just better in most.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
B1 not being a 1 frame link after amp drone is the only thing I want for her. Unbreakable damage is cool but I want an option to cash out the damage when possible.
But I’m pretty sure yaas queen is gonna get hit by the nerf hammer due to digital soldier being so fucking good

S+ Main

Noob
B1 not being a 1 frame link after amp drone is the only thing I want for her. Unbreakable damage is cool but I want an option to cash out the damage when possible.
But I’m pretty sure yaas queen is gonna get hit by the nerf hammer due to digital soldier being so fucking good
yeah that is most likely the case but I would be ok with nerfs to perhaps the startup of safety to f4, slower f2 or a slower b2 if I could get the b1,3 from amp drone everytime.

or if nrs just touch the effectiveness of the low gunshot and air shot like slower startup more recovery, I would be fine with that because u know, I don't play DS.

Also anyone know when cassie is getting a fatal blow because when you press both triggers with her I keep getting this trash move that will miss or be blocked 100% of the time.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
As a Cassie main who considers her to be second best in the game, I would like to know what people SERIOUSLY think should be changed and how. I have seen things like slower startup and more recovery on gun but it starts up in 15 frames and recovery is -25 at worst and -8 at best. That sounds reasonable to me so I don’t think that’s the problem here. Others mentioned f21+3 being plus. It is a high however I still think it’s strong because you can be jailed into it and together with her other normals you can’t react by ducking it. I think maybe adding a gap before the second hit so it can be FB would be reasonable. F4 is the other complaint I’ve heard the most. I really don’t know how to solve this problem because I think making it more negative would make it more problematic for opponents. What are her other tools that make her so dominant. B3 is probably the best AA in the game but I mean that’s a personal problem if it can’t stop jumping already knowing that. I’m just trying to start non toxic conversation because it’s starting to be frustrating reading through all the bickering when it should be sharing knowledge to improve everyone.

sars

Noob
yeah that is most likely the case but I would be ok with nerfs to perhaps the startup of safety to f4, slower f2 or a slower b2 if I could get the b1,3 from amp drone everytime.

or if nrs just touch the effectiveness of the low gunshot and air shot like slower startup more recovery, I would be fine with that because u know, I don't play DS.

Also anyone know when cassie is getting a fatal blow because when you press both triggers with her I keep getting this trash move that will miss or be blocked 100% of the time.
Pretty much have to combo into it off F41, or it’s useless, unless you catch someone hitting buttons

I labbed Cetrion in the past 1-2 hours.
Oh my god. :D
Only good news for Cassie that she can punish Natural Barrier amplify on flawless block from everywhere (and interrupt from close range and after certain strings). Not everyone can has a fast advancing move.
Other than that she looks more cancer than Jade lol.

Well at least my "scrub Scorpion" will have work.

That Cetrion teleport is lol.
My mind is loaded with Cetrion shit I go and rest. I will be salted many times before I learn the match up regardless of my pick. :)

None of the Cetrion players should complain for Scorpion pick...same to Jade but Cetrion...

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I officially got my first Quitality in Mortal Kombat 11 for this.
No Scorpion T-Bag... Just brainded Cassie.

He had good stat though.
With that match I just reached Champion rank as I got 100 points for the match. :) I appreciate he did not desync.

You always remember your first time.

You always remember your first time.
Haha maybe. I already forgot it.
That's why I recorded. :)

But I just played an intentional wifi warrior probably.
It as 90 ping but when I moved jump it went to 220 and lag I cant even combo.

He was with Kung Lao and teleported/dive kicked.
I quited during the match motherfucker I.do not care about the result.

Day 1 Cassie Cage main here. This character is awesome haha. I'm beginning to believe in Yaas Queen the more I play it. Shoulder charge is an amazing move that adds to her already dominant neutral game. That move alone makes some matchups easier. The execution of her optimal combos in that variation is tough for sure, but that's slowly becoming easier too, though I would only do those combos offline haha. It'll be interesting to see how prevalent the variation becomes as the game develops.

Day 1 Cassie Cage main here. This character is awesome haha. I'm beginning to believe in Yaas Queen the more I play it. Shoulder charge is an amazing move that adds to her already dominant neutral game. That move alone makes some matchups easier. The execution of her optimal combos in that variation is tough for sure, but that's slowly becoming easier too, though I would only do those combos offline haha. It'll be interesting to see how prevalent the variation becomes as the game develops.
Which optimal combo is difficult?