What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Also off topic, I really think it's worth it to use two amps to get the kb requirement done early. I would not plan specifically for it, but I think cashing out when you have it is important in case you make it to round 3. Then you get that juicy damage.

Also off topic, I really think it's worth it to use two amps to get the kb requirement done early. I would not plan specifically for it, but I think cashing out when you have it is important in case you make it to round 3. Then you get that juicy damage.
That juicy damage is +140 with DOT.
I do not know I was also thinking about it.
You sacrifise too much damage (and restand) for a later potential. It is not really worth it.

Unless you really want unbreakable 16-20 damage instead of 26-30 but breakable.

It is worth it if you aren't scared of wake up or want to deplete their resources. Also if you do a full combo with crushing blow at the end the total damage is 45. Imagine starting the 3rd round with that.

Again I'm saying to cash out two bars so you are getting more damage up front rather than restand for two opportunity. Specifically if it's a match up where you prefer to zone your meter will be stacked anyways like against Sonya etc.

Again this is not every single time you play, but it is very useful often.

It is worth it if you aren't scared of wake up or want to deplete their resources. Also if you do a full combo with crushing blow at the end the total damage is 45. Imagine starting the 3rd round with that.

Again I'm saying to cash out two bars so you are getting more damage up front rather than restand for two opportunity. Specifically if it's a match up where you prefer to zone your meter will be stacked anyways like against Sonya etc.

Again this is not every single time you play, but it is very useful often.
I will think about it.
If I wanna really zone I use J3xxBF1 combo ender.
As opponent probably breaked away one of my bar at this point I have the choice to use 16-20% amp nut kick combo or use the 30% J3xxBF1 ender.

In a 2 bar combo the 2nd bar adds only +2% (?). For a later +14%.
I am not convinced but I am so conservative... :)

Yeah I'd rather load up the kb for clinch wins. Especially if I land a first combo round one. Also, the move itself is pretty stupid raw. That's like super meta playing, but it beats a shit ton of stuff for some reason.

Damn @Hor_PeT , focusing on online play. . . I'm , I'm just so sorry bro. Hope life treats you better soon.
I did not get the joke sry. :)
I have not played a single online match for 3 days (I have only 5 KL matches from the 1st day). It is not a problem as I was tired. But I will never get match experience without playing but posting to TYM.

Oh I hate online sooo much, I'll play people on tym if they don't get salty too fast. Be sure to add me on PSN, I need to get rekt by everyone here to motivate me to pick a main and practice.

PSN MyNameHarold

Oh I hate online sooo much, I'll play people on tym if they don't get salty too fast. Be sure to add me on PSN, I need to get rekt by everyone here to motivate me to pick a main and practice.

PSN MyNameHarold
Wow serious? I just played my 6th KL and he was also a noob Scorpion lol. I am wondering when they will be out of stock. I probably need to win much more.

I am in EU. You US? I can add you but over 150 ping it is more pain than fun even if we had fun in general.
I just played a Johnny with 130-150 ping. Well it was not good there were also frame drops.
Cassie is unbeatable yet. But probably I will get better opponents, soon. :D

Last edited:
Honestly I played @Qwark28 online and it was 200ms but stable. For the most part I can adjust after 10 games or so. I just accept it being online and I play for mu knowledge not wins. As long as it doesn't jump too much I am infinitely more ok with a decent player on a slow connection. It beats random players disconnecting after one game etc.

Also mic is appreciated to help break down the mu faster.

Honestly I played @Qwark28 online and it was 200ms but stable. For the most part I can adjust after 10 games or so. I just accept it being online and I play for mu knowledge not wins. As long as it doesn't jump too much I am infinitely more ok with a decent player on a slow connection. It beats random players disconnecting after one game etc.

Also mic is appreciated to help break down the mu faster.
Do you prepare to offline tournament?

KL is pretty disappointing Kasual was more difficult I only won so far. And I am just an average player just getting bad opponents.
Cassie rocks against noob: NOBODY BLOCKS after +4 restand... NOBODY.. so far. Only by accident.
And in KL so far everybody used the popular chars I know. Kasual unknown beats me easily.

But at least I can release my extra nerves in ranked among the lot of rookies as the good stat means completely nothing. And maybe it will be better if I play against better opponents.

I do not like high ping as I can not play footsies properly and it is not fun then. When opponent "lag teleports" it is not fun. :)
I feel it bad above 120 ping.

Last edited:

sars

Noob
I think switching to digital soldier was the right call. Doing way better in ranked. 11-2 today. Combat league is addicting. Except I keep getting matched up with 4 bar WiFi players.

I think switching to digital soldier was the right call. Doing way better in ranked. 11-2 today. Combat league is addicting. Except I keep getting matched up with 4 bar WiFi players.
Nice. On one hand for me Kombat League is out of my comfort zone as I have not played ranked before.
On the other hand I am matched with noobs and I realize that no need to be adrenaline shocked in ranked lol.
But I still too excited - probably the "competitive mentality"...

2-3 games are really short though but friends can solve the long set hunger. And that's not that win or die like ranked. :D

In ranked I can not really learn the match up either as I jump from match up to match up but on the other hand it forces me to learn faster and that few matches burn to my mind deeper.

Now I go and play the 5 for the daily quest... :)

sars

Noob
Nice. On one hand for me Kombat League is out of my comfort zone as I have not played ranked before.
On the other hand I am matched with noobs and I realize that no need to be adrenaline shocked in ranked lol.
But I still too excited - probably the "competitive mentality"...

2-3 games are really short though but friends can solve the long set hunger. And that's not that win or die like ranked. :D

In ranked I can not really learn the match up either as I jump from match up to match up but on the other hand it forces me to learn faster and that few matches burn to my mind deeper.

Now I go and play the 5 for the daily quest... :)
I hear yea. To me it’s exciting. Went on a 6 win streak today and every game it got more and more intense lol. I did like 3 out of 5 better but what you gonna do.

Is Cassie as good as everyone says she is? She felt sluggish to me when I tried her, very slow and stiff. Is she a character that requires more time to learn and play correctly, not pick up and play friendly?

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Man I'm 1000% convinced that Sub-Zero, Geras, Erron, Scorpion, Jade, & Jax players either mash or abuse online tactics. Each time I tried to react to a string like Sub-Zero's strings, I'm using F4 but I get beat. His B321 is not even -1 but I'm still getting hit. Him and Scorpion both will use D4, D3s, & d1s and still win. That kind of stuff makes me not want to play online with people granted that this netcode is really good for online play. I honestly believe ppl think Jade and Scorpion are rough only because of online play.

A lot of times, I end up labbing as soon as I finish to see if I'm missing something or am I going crazy. Smh.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Is Cassie as good as everyone says she is? She felt sluggish to me when I tried her, very slow and stiff. Is she a character that requires more time to learn and play correctly, not pick up and play friendly?
Yes, Cassie is good, but takes you time to get used to. Combos are situational too. So add that & how she plays, you'll have to get a little bit used to her if you're not familiar with her archetype.

Edit: Sorry for the double posts, staff. CPU froze up on me for a sec & somehow split up my message I was going to type.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yeah she’s not beginner friendly. High execution character.