What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

sars

Noob
the only thing i can really think of is strictly matchup based, character AND player wise...and minimal at that. Think playing competitors who are extremely meter and spacing based..who ALWAYS seem to have a breaker on tap and drag out rounds...i can see an advantage there due to guaranteed damage...BUT there again, once a player uses their break away THEN its pressure and rushdown time! I can see some advantages against a jade as well since she practically nullifies the bang thangs BUT the bubble hits from around the same distance as jades wiggle stick and overheads....Yaas Queen isnt without zoning capabilities either with the f412 and 2112 strings so shes not completely crippled full screen but yea...digital is definitely superior....until someone finds some juicy tech that I feel is right around the corner
I hope so lol. 2112 from full screen is a gimmick no one will fall for that here shortly. I’m gonna keep trying with yaas queen, just sometimes it’s hard when I know what digital soldier can do. I’m like that would never happen if I had digital soldier, and her options are better against this. You also have duel wielding but it’s a high and the startup is so slow. Shoulder charge punished a lot of zoning if within distance but you don’t get much off of it.

ill throw 2112 out there a few times from full screen then a couple times ill try to bait the opponent into turtle with just 21 then dash in on them...i use it as more of a conditioning setup than an actual offensive

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I must say that I love this character with all of my heart, but this current boom of Cassie players is killing me. I'm kinda tired of hearing that I'm using an overpowered character when I only play her because I like her. I feel like she will get nerfed into oblivion because of all the attention she gets now.
Yeah it's really annoying, people keep saying she's #1 but they're ignoring Sonya, like what?

Is CEO going?
Yeah I can watch tournament videos then instead of kombat league I am too tired... :)

There are lot of complains about top tiers I think the next balance patch will touch everything a bit.
I hope for not radical changes (destroying chars, creating new unbalanced top tiers, etc.)

E.g. New DLC: Mkx Alien lol.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Is CEO going?
Yeah I can watch tournament videos then instead of kombat league I am too tired... :)

There are lot of complains about top tiers I think the next balance patch will touch everything a bit.
I hope for not radical changes (destroying chars, creating new unbalanced top tiers, etc.)
CEO is next weekend, as well as Northern Arena online tourney.

CEO is next weekend, as well as Northern Arena online tourney.
How could Honeybee pick Cassie in the future?
I probably misread it lol sry not mutual language and doing forum during work. ;)

Ah I got it Honeybee picked up as his character if he will need to play in CEO.

Foxy Grampa from 1:02:10 Cassie vs. Sonya.
Damn that Cassie is really difficult to play against.

Foxy even backed up after F4 on hit lol. Only zoning and whiff punishing from range. Not a chance given to Sonya up close to start anything.
I would lie if I did not try to play like this however I am not that calculated and on hit I try to ride my restand lol (and I do not zone that much yet - not my style).
But these are good examples how to maximize the efficiency of the match up.
Well it might be boring but here just Foxy dominated. I can not control the opponent like this. And to be honest I do not really want to as I am not a keep away kind of player.
But I feel that in certain match ups it is his or me if I need to choose between zoning or go closer (to die). :)

Against Liu Kang he played Kung Lao instead.

Last edited:

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
All of a sudden al the weaknesses they all said she has disappeared cause they realized her offensive potential, like bitch please, they're doing this to get her nerfed.
Her offensive potential that can still be shut down if you negate her zoning and just pick your spot to attack. Funny how they conveniently forget this.

Sonicfox did 34xxBF1 into recharge ender! He had good fun. :p
I will definitely try it too.
He did b1xxDB1 too from max range.

So many new element to make my game more fun - being more lame than Foxy Grampa who plays for not fun lol.

And he played Yaas Queen against Tsang Tsung. :)
@sars
He played last match against Jade with Yaas Queen it looked cool. :D

Last edited: