What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

sars

Noob
Sonicfox did 34xxBF1 into recharge ender! He had good fun. :p
I will definitely try it too.
He did b1xxDB1 too from max range.

So many new element to make my game more fun - being more lame than Foxy Grampa who plays for not fun lol.

And he played Yaas Queen against Tsang Tsung. :)
@sars
He played last match against Jade with Yaas Queen it looked cool. :D

Yeah yaas queen is a good idea for jade.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Jade? Didn't expect that one. I've been playing mostly Kabal these days but I might give Cassie another twirl this weekend so I'll probably bug you for tips!
So you wanna pick up all my characters huh?:DOGE
She‘s definitely fun, even though the optimal way to play her is really lame lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So you wanna pick up all my characters huh?:DOGE
She‘s definitely fun, even though the optimal way to play her is really lame lol
Right haha! Yea I'm pretty much over Cetrion at this point and barely played her over the past week-ish. Got about 15 hours to play this weekend so gonna dedicate it to Kabal and Cassie exclusively, so I'll be frequently in these threads starting now!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Who is the number 1 character currently in your opinion?
Sonya, hands down.

Great zoning, great pressure, staggers, 50/50s, amazing damage, restand, low and high parry, ring fake outs as normal attacks. She has every single tool and can do every single thing better than most of the cast with more damage too.

So yes lol. Just trolling, we all saw the best Sonya have to swap away from the mu.

Her pressure is really not that good without threatening mids. I think people overlook that, plenty of people that jumped on the Sonya bandwagon including myself figured that out the hard way.

She doesn't really have crushing blows to capitalize on. Her most viable is the rings at higher level. The anti air is very good too but most characters have a grounded approach that beat Sonya.

Her restand is zero like kollectors so do not be too scared of it.

I think both characters are very scary, but I do believe digital soldier beats Sonya decidedly.

Depends how many times you get hit XD guess wrong and Sonya will delete your health bar faster than you can say toodles. But Cassie is one of the characters that Sonya can't zone out, so there's that.
I do not like keeping out and heavy zoning but against Sonya it works well AND I do not feel bad as fighting against 50/50, etc would be more annoying.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
So yes lol. Just trolling, we all saw the best Sonya have to swap away from the mu.

Her pressure is really not that good without threatening mids. I think people overlook that, plenty of people that jumped on the Sonya bandwagon including myself figured that out the hard way.

She doesn't really have crushing blows to capitalize on. Her most viable is the rings at higher level. The anti air is very good too but most characters have a grounded approach that beat Sonya.

I think both characters are very scary, but I do believe digital soldier beats Sonya decidedly.
Yeah you may be right, I think Cassie wins this, but I don't feel like this makes her #1. Or hey maybe it does, I don't know. I suck against Sonya so I can't really say either way.

@Vslayer I guess I have a much harder time conceptualizing a counter for characters like Cassie and scorpion as opposed to Sonya.

So my personal tier list weighs them higher for now. I don't think Cassie is invincible even though I joke about it. This game has way more player skill involved in match ups which to me is great.

The match ups are still evolving because of hitboxes love it or hate it. Also digital soldier starts losing value the better everyone gets at flawless blocking. This potential is exciting to see.

sars

Noob

weve seen it time and time again. Foxy grandpa shut down scars Sonya at CEO so he switched characters. Just gotta play smart and keep her away from you.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
@Vslayer I guess I have a much harder time conceptualizing a counter for characters like Cassie and scorpion as opposed to Sonya.

So my personal tier list weighs them higher for now. I don't think Cassie is invincible even though I joke about it. This game has way more player skill involved in match ups which to me is great.

The match ups are still evolving because of hitboxes love it or hate it. Also digital soldier starts losing value the better everyone gets at flawless blocking. This potential is exciting to see.
I mean Cassie does have problems, but I feel like people are scared of her offence and zoning so they don't realize that all her KBs are pretty risky to get since they're attached to highs and unsafe moves. I'm okay with that, I'm okay that she's strong because it makes the Scorpion MU feels easy. Though playing against Cetrion and Jade is a pain in the ass. Even if she has zoning tools, these characters are better full screen than she is.

I mean Cassie does have problems, but I feel like people are scared of her offence and zoning so they don't realize that all her KBs are pretty risky to get since they're attached to highs and unsafe moves. I'm okay with that, I'm okay that she's strong because it makes the Scorpion MU feels easy. Though playing against Cetrion and Jade is a pain in the ass. Even if she has zoning tools, these characters are better full screen than she is.
Hm so not just me who think Scorpion match up is good for her?
I rather play with Cassie against Scorpion than mirror. :)

Reborn is demanding though but not just for Cassie.

I played a quick Cassie vs Jade to test the mu.

I think digital soldier is not too far behind in the mu. It goes in phases because, well Jade is good like that. (Hopefully the mob doesn't come for me)

So you want to low guns to force her to glow. Or air gunshot to beat her air glaive. She has a lot longer hang time than kabal so it's easier to punish.

When glow gets used to check your bullets you have a few options. The natural approach is walking down Jade. If she low projectiles get a dash in. Be conscious of the nitro kick and duck, block etc. It will be a slow approach. Would not recommend jumping unless on reaction.

Other option is to lame it out and count in your head about 8 seconds to fire back. Up close is a pretty fair fight for both, but your damage ratio should be slightly higher.

I hadn't tried yQ here but I've played against as Jade. The corner is a lot more threatening and you can't blow projectile as much because of the tackle. But you don't get an answer for air glaives and she isn't forced to glow wasting some space. Also you get access to much easier fatal blows with the bubble stun. Hope this helps.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I played a quick Cassie vs Jade to test the mu.

I think digital soldier is not too far behind in the mu. It goes in phases because, well Jade is good like that. (Hopefully the mob doesn't come for me)

So you want to low guns to force her to glow. Or air gunshot to beat her air glaive. She has a lot longer hang time than kabal so it's easier to punish.

When glow gets used to check your bullets you have a few options. The natural approach is walking down Jade. If she low projectiles get a dash in. Be conscious of the nitro kick and duck, block etc. It will be a slow approach. Would not recommend jumping unless on reaction.

Other option is to lame it out and count in your head about 8 seconds to fire back. Up close is a pretty fair fight for both, but your damage ratio should be slightly higher.

I hadn't tried yQ here but I've played against as Jade. The corner is a lot more threatening and you can't blow projectile as much because of the tackle. But you don't get an answer for air glaives and she isn't forced to glow wasting some space. Also you get access to much easier fatal blows with the bubble stun. Hope this helps.
Jade is good, in fact she's great against characters like Cassie. Her long-range staff combos makes it hard on her to punish plus her zoning and glow invalidates Cassie's counter-zoning. Yaas Queen is probably better for that MU but I don't think it's a hard counter, and as you said it's not viable in terms of damage except in the corner. I never play that variation tho, I don't know what to do when I don't have low gunshots XD