What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

@Vslayer SPANX! shes a work in progress...thats just a color test and im not dead set on the hair yet BUT i started this thing before mk11 came out so i wanted to see what they were gonna do with it first....then mk11 dropped and i havent really done anything else with art since...but ill finish it eventually lol

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
@Vslayer SPANX! shes a work in progress...thats just a color test and im not dead set on the hair yet BUT i started this thing before mk11 came out so i wanted to see what they were gonna do with it first....then mk11 dropped and i havent really done anything else with art since...but ill finish it eventually lol
I'm partial to her undercut, but it looks really freaking sweet.

sars

Noob
time to bury yaas queen, and go back to digital soldier. There is just no point in using yaas queen. No benefits at all in the long run.

time to bury yaas queen, and go back to digital soldier. There is just no point in using yaas queen. No benefits at all in the long run.
This turn shocks me. What happenned suddenly? Too many bad match ups?

Well you knew that she was not better but helped you improving your skills at least. :)

sars

Noob
This turn shocks me. What happenned suddenly? Too many bad match ups?

Well you knew that she was not better but helped you improving your skills at least. :)
Yeah, maybe I just salty lol. Her corner game good but one mistake and they are go full screen again. With wake up roll and all the get out of corner free interactibles. Terrible matchups with centron, digital soldier, anyone that’s good at zoning. Shoulder charge is good but it’s only plus 1 and if you knock them down by Amping it, they always have meter cause they not using it for breakaways. Atleast with digital soldier they can’t zone you out for free. I really don’t know if I’m gonna drop yaas queen ( cause like I said I’m salty right now) but there is really no reason to play her over digital soldier. Get nothing off of nut punch cause all characters can poke you out of it, or low profile F4. It’s like all your doing is resetting the neutral game with nutpunch. The only matchup yaas queen might be better in is the jade matchup, and even that’s stretching it.

guaranteed dmg midscreen, extra corner dmg, 2 extra AA options, 2 extra restand options, and a fairly simple KB combo ender...

sars

Noob
guaranteed dmg midscreen, extra corner dmg, 2 extra AA options, 2 extra restand options, and a fairly simple KB combo ender...
She does have some things better but her cons outweigh the pros when looking at yaas queen.

With digital soldier they have to play your game. Kneecappin forces them to come to you. Than they jump you get a juicy antiair into a +4 restand. you have instant air barrage, or the regular one for characters like centron. I don’t know what simple KB combo ender your talking about.

I’m trying to see the benefits off using yaas queen over digital soldier and there’s no reason. Digital soldier does to many things better.

Yeah, maybe I just salty lol. Her corner game good but one mistake and they are go full screen again. With wake up roll and all the get out of corner free interactibles. Terrible matchups with centron, digital soldier, anyone that’s good at zoning. Shoulder charge is good but it’s only plus 1 and if you knock them down by Amping it, they always have meter cause they not using it for breakaways. Atleast with digital soldier they can’t zone you out for free. I really don’t know if I’m gonna drop yaas queen ( cause like I said I’m salty right now) but there is really no reason to play her over digital soldier. Get nothing off of nut punch cause all characters can poke you out of it, or low profile F4. It’s like all your doing is resetting the neutral game with nutpunch. The only matchup yaas queen might be better in is the jade matchup, and even that’s stretching it.
If ANYTHING the +2 restand instead of +4 meant me a no go with Yaash Queen.
But I agree with other stuff as well. You can suck all the zoning for what? You make the opponent happy to be able to frustrate you.

Against heavy zoning I would not even use DS but Scorpion... Yaas Queen is masochist. :)

However against Jaqui or Erron or Geras where you can not use/trade zoning anyway she can be better.

She does have some things better but her cons outweigh the pros when looking at yaas queen.

With digital soldier they have to play your game. Kneecappin forces them to come to you. Than they jump you get a juicy antiair into a +4 restand. you have instant air barrage, or the regular one for characters like centron. I don’t know what simple KB combo ender your talking about.

I’m trying to see the benefits off using yaas queen over digital soldier and there’s no reason. Digital soldier does to many things better.
You said you want challenge and be more ageessive and not just do the pretty good defensive play and its more fun.

Well I can imagine how much salt being the hunted instead of the hunter. :)

I like being the hunter and let the agressive folks come to me. They are much more and I am more defensive than average: I dont feel me bad doing what I like.

the only thing i can really think of is strictly matchup based, character AND player wise...and minimal at that. Think playing competitors who are extremely meter and spacing based..who ALWAYS seem to have a breaker on tap and drag out rounds...i can see an advantage there due to guaranteed damage...BUT there again, once a player uses their break away THEN its pressure and rushdown time! I can see some advantages against a jade as well since she practically nullifies the bang thangs BUT the bubble hits from around the same distance as jades wiggle stick and overheads....Yaas Queen isnt without zoning capabilities either with the f412 and 2112 strings so shes not completely crippled full screen but yea...digital is definitely superior....until someone finds some juicy tech that I feel is right around the corner

I must say that I love this character with all of my heart, but this current boom of Cassie players is killing me. I'm kinda tired of hearing that I'm using an overpowered character when I only play her because I like her. I feel like she will get nerfed into oblivion because of all the attention she gets now.

sonic was doing some cool stuff with yaas queen...but hes since switched over to DS Ive seen...if that tells you anything. I dont think hes picking her up, rather just learning the ins and outs for matchup purposes

I must say that I love this character with all of my heart, but this current boom of Cassie players is killing me. I'm kinda tired of hearing that I'm using an overpowered character when I only play her because I like her. I feel like she will get nerfed into oblivion because of all the attention she gets now.
sooooo much this....HATE HATE HATE IT...but such is the nature of the beast i suppose