What's new

Question BLOODY HOT! - The Skarlet Gameplay Discussion Thread

AssassiN

Noob
Hey guys, I'm delving pretty serious into skarlet, so expect lots of questions:D

What are her best anti air options, 2 seems reliable. What about f4?

#IamMuffinMuggers
Close anti-air: 1 and U3(1 is on reaction, U3 is a read)
Far anti-air: 2 and F4(F4 is effective against JIK's)

Another one. I'm seeing multiple downslashes in mid screen.combos. how? Are you guys wizards? I can get one if I do like f4 rd ds red ds but not with an u3 or anything

#IamMuffinMuggers

AssassiN

Noob
Another one. I'm seeing multiple downslashes in mid screen.combos. how? Are you guys wizards? I can get one if I do like f4 rd ds red ds but not with an u3 or anything

#IamMuffinMuggers
In order to get downslashes you have to input the 2 or F4 the millisecond you can.
That's what POTH means with tight execution windows.

Maybe another combo to make it easier:
F4 + RD~DS, U3, 2 + RD~US, 2 + DC, 112
(DC = Dagger Cancel)

In order to get downslashes you have to input the 2 or F4 the millisecond you can.
That's what POTH means with tight execution windows.

Maybe another combo to make it easier:
F4 + RD~DS, U3, 2 + RD~US, 2 + DC, 112
(DC = Dagger Cancel)
Oh sweet! I was just doing f4 rd ds 2 ds...adding the second rd makes it soooooo much easier thanks

#IamMuffinMuggers

Ok so I'm doing Jip b2 rd ds u3 2 rd ds 2 rd ds 23 rdslide for like 51% meter less.

1. That's ridiculous
2. Is this even her best meter less combo?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I think we should start doing (starter) Rd ds 3 Rd ds 2 Rd ds 112 for more damage. I don't really anyone using it. There's always u3 combos but those can be a little hard to do.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ok so I'm doing Jip b2 rd ds u3 2 rd ds 2 rd ds 23 rdslide for like 51% meter less.

1. That's ridiculous
2. Is this even her best meter less combo?
Midscreen is the most pratical damaging you can get, but she can do 52% if you're crazy enough to deal with her execution, we hardly do this combo because the chances of dropping are high, so we reset for 37% and add a 16% blockstring on the reset, which is practically 53% and meter refueling. and doesn't build a lot of meter on the opponents bar.

I think we should start doing (starter) Rd ds 3 Rd ds 2 Rd ds 112 for more damage. I don't really anyone using it. There's always u3 combos but those can be a little hard to do.
It deals more damage, but when you'll be sacrificing damage at the time you reset, the standing 3 is actually more slower than 2~Rd or F4~rd and his reach is only mid to crouch, there is a point in heigh where its hitbox doesn't reach.

If I do the easy starter ds u3 dagger 2 dc 112 rd what am I guaranteed after that? I'm bad at doing frame data math

#IamMuffinMuggers

AssassiN

Noob
If I do the easy starter ds u3 dagger 2 dc 112 rd what am I guaranteed after that? I'm bad at doing frame data math

#IamMuffinMuggers
How much frame advantage Skarlet has depends on how high you reset them.
The easiest way to reset them high is with DC instead of slashes, like the combo you have.

With that combo at the highest point of reset you'll get +12 +13 advantage after a red dash.
What is guaranteed after a red dash with that frame advantage is 112, 114 and 212. Another possible string is B11F4, has a 1-2 frame hole so there is almost no chance of armoring out(except for x-ray).

If I may recommend something it is to use 212. If you fail to reset them high enough the first 2 will whiff and they MIGHT poke out(kinda hard to do on reaction). If you get the whiff too many times, go for the 114.

Why 212?
Because the cancel advantage from 2(+26), 21(+19) and 212(+22) is alot better than 1(+18), 11(+16) and 114(+23).
And you can hitconfirm into a combo if they get hit by 212 or 21, RD. With 114 that's not a possibility, the only combo you can start with 1 is: 1, RD~EX US.
Also 2 is 0 on block, has good pushback and allows you to punish any attempt at poking with F4.

What can be done with the high cancel advantage is frametraps with whiffed EDC(at 19 frames the EDC is canceled) if they are crouchblocking(leaving you at +7, 0, +3). A whiffed EDC(BACK-CANCEL!) can bait out a poke or a normal which can be beat out with a F4.
If they are standblocking than confirm into EDC into 2121+2.
Empty red dashes can also come into the play leaving Skarlet at -3, -10 or - 7. If you have done enough slides or slashes after a red dash it will be an automatic reaction for them to wait for a slide or slash, so you can do empty dashes and do more blockstrings.

2 FYI's:
- 19 Cancel advantage jails people on stand block, but it does not on crouch block(whether or not it links): 112, 21, F3, F4. They can just let go of block.
- If you are fighting against someone who knows the MU. They'll be blocking low after a reset in order to let her daggers whiff and end her pressure quickly. This allows you to use RD~DS after a reset instead of an empty dash. Gets you another combo and reset into the same situation with the possibility of them blocking high in order to avoid that DS.

That's why the first round is extremely important, that lets you know how much your opponent actually knows Skarlet and what tools are at your disposal. It's good to have certain tests ready in the first round and remember their MU knowledge.
It may sound weird, but the more your opponent knows about Skarlet the more tools and damage possibilities she has. For example if you're fighting against someone who blocks everything standing then you'll "only" get chipdamage while if they try crouch-blocking you can get 35%.

ryublaze

Noob

#IamMuffinMuggers
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/exposed-random-frame-advantage-out-of-112-resets.25317/

You get about +10 from that so you'd have to be on point and just-frame the 1,1,4 blockstring so the opponent can't armor out (you can be 1 frame off cuz armor takes 2 frames).

EDIT: Sorry misread your combo. You should get more advantage off of that (probably +13)

I personally just stick to starter,rd~ds,2,rd~ds,2,rd~ds,112 for meter build and push to the corner and the opponent still can't armor out of standing 1 or 2 after it (you get about +12). Doing the U3 combo gives you about 1 extra frame advantage (+13) and I believe it's a bit easier to hit the reset high.

I would only go for higher damaging combos into resets if I plan on cancelling 1,1,2 into EX Dagger into F2,1,2,1+2 or B1,1,f4.

Just wanted to drop in and say that my hands hurt. I mean my entire hand on each arm. I feel like the bones in my hands are grinding against each other haha

#IamMuffinMuggers

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just wanted to drop in and say that my hands hurt. I mean my entire hand on each arm. I feel like the bones in my hands are grinding against each other haha

#IamMuffinMuggers
It will heal over with the time.

Now i can spend half of the day play skarlet and really still be at 80%

When my 114~:exDC~F212,1+2 execution starts to drop off the 2f nedeed to keep them jailed is when i know my hands can't take it anymore

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?

#IamMuffinMuggers
Buy a hitbox

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Huh, am doin well on my Costum Sisaxis pad back from 2007!

Btw, I've noticed that since I improved my corner game Skarlet feels good over there. So I was thinking about improving the over game play strategy. Starting from getting first hit, through out meter building and pushing the opponent to the corner ( as long as its not crazy ass JC).
I always play with my sparing partner on certain stages - Most of them are medium size.

And I came across pretty legit combo that allows me to bring the opponent to the corner from middle of the stage (The Courtyard) where the fight begins. There is price to it - two Bars, however if we finish the combo with block string b11f4,rd, slide we get back about half a bar.
So its not that bad for having the opponent in the corner and taken 46-50%.
I know spending to bars might sound crazy, but I found this fair trade - it paid off. Especially if we have a 3 bars or around 2.5 and we leave opponent with guessing game.
Many times i've been able to land double down slash and continue my offense.

I guess there might be some other finishing to this...
Discuss :)

AssassiN

Noob
It's good that you're adjusting combo's just to get them in the corner and get some more damage going in there.
But I'm pretty sure there are a few vids out there showcasing the best wall-carry combo's, even with different stages. I can't remember who released those vids, but they are around here.

Buy a hitbox

Nah, I can do most of the stuff. As I become more comfortable I'm not smashing the buttons so its not as bad. Plus I refuse to purchase a hit box. Not real sure why, but when I set down next to someone with a hit box I get the same vibe as the people who those mlg gaming glasses...no offense haha
#IamMuffinMuggers

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
True, however there is gravity differences after 21221 string and that double launcher. After that half stage trip there is not much i could figure out. I havent seen these so i posted them.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It's good that you're adjusting combo's just to get them in the corner and get some more damage going in there.
But I'm pretty sure there are a few vids out there showcasing the best wall-carry combo's, even with different stages. I can't remember who released those vids, but they are around here.
SaJa

Back for more.

Corner combos...what is your go to for given situations?

I haven't really looked up combos for her at all, I've been organically trying to.find them so they make sense to me. So far I've been doing stuff like...
B2/rd/f4 etc. Into ds njp b11f4 ds b11f4 ds then another b11f4 or reset.

#IamMuffinMuggers

AssassiN

Noob
Back for more.

I haven't really looked up combos for her at all, I've been organically trying to.find them so they make sense to me. So far I've been doing stuff like...

#IamMuffinMuggers
F4 + RD~DS, U3, 2 + DS(or US), B11F4 + DS, 112

Replace 112 with:
- B11F3
- B11F4 + US
- B11F4 + DS, 112 when fighting against high hitbox characters and you will EDC and do F2121+2

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Back for more.

#IamMuffinMuggers
There's a stickied post full of combos. Have you read it? I outline a shit ton of them for almost all situations. There are a couple I need to add but it's pretty complete.