What's new

Question BLOODY HOT! - The Skarlet Gameplay Discussion Thread

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Ninj, i've seen that post of your combos. Any idea how can we extend the combo i've shown earlier? I was working on your combos but there nothing on extended 212 2+2 more then meterless 38% 23 dash slide.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Ninj, i've seen that post of your combos. Any idea how can we extend the combo i've shown earlier? I was working on your combos but there nothing on extended 212 2+2 more then meterless 38% 23 dash slide.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
Whatever I have for F2,1,2,1+2 combos are the best ones out there (there might be something I can add to a corner combo, but I doubt it...I'll take a look later). The only way to extend them is to use meter, and 99% of the time that's not worth it. The only time it IS worth it to extend a combo with meter is if you can use it to get the opponent into the corner AND reset them off that extended combo. Very situational, but the one combo I can think of where it'd be worth it is this:

F2,1,2,1+2,{EX}DF3,B2 x 2,DF3,B2 xx 1,1,2 for ~40%. Otherwise just do the normal F2,1,2,1+2,DF3,F2 xx F4/2,DF1- xx 1,1,2. In my opinion, of course. Or you can do the punish ender and do F2,1,2,1+2,DF3,F2 xx F4/2,DF3,B2 xx 2,3,DF3,4

There's a stickied post full of combos. Have you read it? I outline a shit ton of them for almost all situations. There are a couple I need to add but it's pretty complete.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I'm stupid, and missed it. Tapatalk is confusing at times.

#IamMuffinMuggers

ryublaze

Noob
Huh, am doin well on my Costum Sisaxis pad back from 2007!

Btw, I've noticed that since I improved my corner game Skarlet feels good over there. So I was thinking about improving the over game play strategy. Starting from getting first hit, through out meter building and pushing the opponent to the corner ( as long as its not crazy ass JC).
I always play with my sparing partner on certain stages - Most of them are medium size.

And I came across pretty legit combo that allows me to bring the opponent to the corner from middle of the stage (The Courtyard) where the fight begins. There is price to it - two Bars, however if we finish the combo with block string b11f4,rd, slide we get back about half a bar.
So its not that bad for having the opponent in the corner and taken 46-50%.
I know spending to bars might sound crazy, but I found this fair trade - it paid off. Especially if we have a 3 bars or around 2.5 and we leave opponent with guessing game.
Many times i've been able to land double down slash and continue my offense.

I guess there might be some other finishing to this...
Discuss :)
What Ninj said above. :p It's usually not worth the meter for any combo and Skarlet already puts them close enough to the corner with just her regular BnB, including the 1,1,4 blockstring after it. Avoid using B1,1,F4 after standing resets because it is slower than standing 1 and your opponent can armor out of it (before the B1 and before the slide).

ryublaze

Noob
Back for more.

Corner combos...what is your go to for given situations?

I haven't really looked up combos for her at all, I've been organically trying to.find them so they make sense to me. So far I've been doing stuff like...
B2/rd/f4 etc. Into ds njp b11f4 ds b11f4 ds then another b11f4 or reset.

#IamMuffinMuggers
My corner BnBs usually are rd, down slash/up slash/ex down slash, b2, down slash, b1, 1, f4, down slash, 1, 1, 2. Off of the f2,1,2,1+2 starter just take out the b2, down slash. U3 combos probably do more damage idk.

Saltea Moonspell

Alright.

I have other two question. I know that some info is spread all around some the of video tuts but I would like it on paper from you guys.
Am havin problems with keeping the pressure after ex dagger cancel in crouching opponent. I know that b11f4 will work and it is 100% guaranteed unless opponent uses armor (correct me if am wrong). What are other options to this scenario ?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
F4 + RD~DS, U3, 2 + DS, B11F4 + DS, 112
Easiest combo to land guys, deals 45% damage in the corner and has a good amount of frame advantage on reset to continue your block chip afterwards, and they rarely crouch block here because of the eh overhead that may come out at any moment.

Sometimes i add the extra b11f4~ds then i go for iaDD for 50% with OTG on block 53% with OTG on hit, impossible to wakeup attack due the meter drain glitch lolz

ryublaze

Noob
Alright.

I have other two question. I know that some info is spread all around some the of video tuts but I would like it on paper from you guys.
Am havin problems with keeping the pressure after ex dagger cancel in crouching opponent. I know that b11f4 will work and it is 100% guaranteed unless opponent uses armor (correct me if am wrong). What are other options to this scenario ?
EX Dagger will always fly over the opponents head on crouch block unless you do 1,1,2 / b1,1,f4 / d1 / d3. It's not guaranteed because the opponent can let go of block and the EX Dagger flies over the opponent. You can still pressure the opponent on crouch block if you dash cancel backwards out of EX Dagger so your opponent's low pokes whiff, then you can punish with F4,rd~down slash. Your other options are to dash forward into b1,1,f4 if they stay blocking or jump cancel for crossover (you can still be anti-aired). Using EX Dagger on crouch block is a risk though because your opponent can armor out and/or you might waste meter but the reward for punishing your opponent with F4 or getting a crossover for more chip damage is great.

Saltea Moonspell

I have a question:
Since f3 on block is -1 and on hit gives +3 is it viable to perform d3 quick short dash into f31 - fallow up. Am asking because the dummy in practice is not able to jump out - i wonder how that works in real match. Is it like Kabals knee where from d3 i go to f4 and hit confirm jumpers into spin?
I know that it is still 16f move and can be easily poked out or armored but am wondering about hit confirming jump atempts...

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I have a question:
Since f3 on block is -1 and on hit gives +3 is it viable to perform d3 quick short dash into f31 - fallow up. Am asking because the dummy in practice is not able to jump out - i wonder how that works in real match. Is it like Kabals knee where from d3 i go to f4 and hit confirm jumpers into spin?
I know that it is still 16f move and can be easily poked out or armored but am wondering about hit confirming jump atempts...
They will jump out before your f3 comes out. It takes To long.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I have a question:
hits 114 instead, if they jump out they'll get hit by and you rd and hit confirm into downslash.

Saltea Moonspell

Hmm...i thought so. That would be to good to be true. That dummy fooled me lol. But the trick with 114 dose work.

Another Question:
What sort of game play tactics you do/use going against Reptile ? His Low hit box seems a big issue here.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hmm...i thought so. That would be to good to be true. That dummy fooled me lol. But the trick with 114 dose work.

Another Question:
What sort of game play tactics you do/use going against Reptile ? His Low hit box seems a big issue here.
The key to fight reptile is always staying 1 quarter away from him for the following reasons.
He has slow recovering projectiles that can be teleported on reaction (jump to make is work more faster) or armor trough it and punish it.

on 1 quarter away from him, try to be on a range where his elbow dash ends inside the F4 range, so you punish before he recovers to try to ghost dash in or jump in.
Zone him as much as you can to bait projectile trades and punish it, if he starts to jump in in case his ground offensive is not working, you know what to do (AA)

His elbow dash is 6f but its not a true wakeup attack you can U3 on him to get a full combo

Do not let forceballs run free in the screen, especially the slow ones you'll be giving him offensive power. just shit him down as much as you can.

Is using a bar in the corner to get max damage and the reset worth it to you guys?

For instance if I do ds u3 b11f4 ds b11f4 ds b11f4 exdc 112 I get 47% off the naked ds, plus they are reset. Or should I stick to doing normal combos without the meter?

Edit....on second thought its not that much extra damage to skip the last b11f4 and save the meter...nm

Also I know I can go for the otg, but I'm still trying to nail the instant air daggers

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Is using a bar in the corner to get max damage and the reset worth it to you guys?

For instance if I do ds u3 b11f4 ds b11f4 ds b11f4 exdc 112 I get 47% off the naked ds, plus they are reset. Or should I stick to doing normal combos without the meter?

Edit....on second thought its not that much extra damage to skip the last b11f4 and save the meter...nm

Also I know I can go for the otg, but I'm still trying to nail the instant air daggers
47% with 1 bar and +4 on reset? its not worth it IMO,
We have 50% meterless reset and 47% with guaranteed pressure

Try the basic
F4~rd~ds, u3, 2~ds, b11f4~ds, 112~rd (this is 46 or 47% reset with guaranteed pressure)
F4~rd~ds, u3, 2~ds, b11f4~ds, b11f4~ds, 112 (this is 51% reset with the same advantage the reset you posted gives, the ex dagger when canceled after 112 here is guaranteed, to force them to block the f212,1+2~rd~rs afterwards that would be 61% and rebuild of the bar ;)) what a bitch ^^

47% with 1 bar and +4 on reset? its not worth it IMO,
We have 50% meterless reset and 47% with guaranteed pressure

Try the basic
F4~rd~ds, u3, 2~ds, b11f4~ds, 112~rd (this is 46 or 47% reset with guaranteed pressure)
F4~rd~ds, u3, 2~ds, b11f4~ds, b11f4~ds, 112 (this is 51% reset with the same advantage the reset you posted gives, the ex dagger when canceled after 112 here is guaranteed, to force them to block the f212,1+2~rd~rs afterwards that would be 61% and rebuild of the bar ;)) what a bitch ^^
Awesome. I've tried doing 2 ds after u3 and I always end up popping them over me out of the corner, prob just a timing thing.

Is it just me or does she have some of the flashiest combos in the game?

#IamMuffinMuggers

AssassiN

Noob
Awesome. I've tried doing 2 ds after u3 and I always end up popping them over me out of the corner, prob just a timing thing.

Is it just me or does she have some of the flashiest combos in the game?

#IamMuffinMuggers
Something that I found helpful with B11F4 + DS in the corner is a quick backdash before inputting B11F4. Even though you don't see her move AT ALL, it doesn't put the opponent out of the corner.
Experiment with it a little bit.

If you think that is flashy, you should try doing some U3 and U34 combo's.

Something that I found helpful with B11F4 + DS in the corner is a quick backdash before inputting B11F4. Even though you don't see her move AT ALL, it doesn't put the opponent out of the corner.
Experiment with it a little bit.

If you think that is flashy, you should try doing some U3 and U34 combo's.
Ahh I know, even up34 air dagger dash rd slide is flashy!

#IamMuffinMuggers

Ninj

54% meterless reset in the corner (57% w jip) is the way to go IMO.

AssassiN

Noob
Ok, I was playing online today...Jip f2121+2 ex dagger wasn't jailing Sonya or the skarlet mirror...wtf?
What do you mean? Do you mean they crouched between JIP and F2?
Because that's possible, there is a little framehole between JIP and F2.

That's why it's more reliable to use 114 + EX EDC.

Ninj

Ok, I was playing online today...Jip f2121+2 ex dagger wasn't jailing Sonya or the skarlet mirror...wtf?
They can duck block between jip. You should jail them standing with a faster string first to see if they stand block it then link to f2 jail.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
You can also go for the jip f212 assuming you know they will block. If they block it all crouching, you can EDC to gain frame advantage, and backlash into f4 or even d3 if delay is a problem.

It also allows you to hitconform better.