What's new

Question BLOODY HOT! - The Skarlet Gameplay Discussion Thread

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
FCP/EMP SCAR you're misinterpreting or I wasn't clear enough.

Using meter during (read: in the middle of) a combo is never, ever worth it. Ever. You will never do more damage by using meter in the middle of a combo than you could by using 1,1,2 into EX dagger into B1,1,F4, which is always guaranteed to hit, no matter what (excepting corner situations, where you would also never use meter during a combo anyway and only use EX dagger cancels by using L0rdoftheFLY 's corner combo BnB's.).

I never said, and never meant to imply, that using EX Downslash to start a combo is never worth it. Of course it is. It's her only quick overhead that can catch someone with any experience against Skarlet. I use EX Downslash to start combo's all the time. Off of a reset into red dash EX Downslash, your opponent HAS to stand block 2 hits or get launched into another reset. I would never imply or state that that isn't a great way to start a combo.

But to be clear again, no combo exists that is worth using meter in the middle of in order to gain combo damage for. You will always get more damage out of an EX dagger cancel into B1,1,F4 as well as gain meter.

I hope that's more clear :)

SaJa

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet deals more damage doing meterless combos than actually using one between it lol

114 and ex Dagger works more like bridges for more chip damage

FCP/EMP SCAR you're misinterpreting or I wasn't clear enough.

Using meter during (read: in the middle of) a combo is never, ever worth it. Ever. You will never do more damage by using meter in the middle of a combo than you could by using 1,1,2 into EX dagger into B1,1,F4, which is always guaranteed to hit, no matter what (excepting corner situations, where you would also never use meter during a combo anyway and only use EX dagger cancels by using L0rdoftheFLY 's corner combo BnB's.).

I never said, and never meant to imply, that using EX Downslash to start a combo is never worth it. Of course it is. It's her only quick overhead that can catch someone with any experience against Skarlet. I use EX Downslash to start combo's all the time. Off of a reset into red dash EX Downslash, your opponent HAS to stand block 2 hits or get launched into another reset. I would never imply or state that that isn't a great way to start a combo.

But to be clear again, no combo exists that is worth using meter in the middle of in order to gain combo damage for. You will always get more damage out of an EX dagger cancel into B1,1,F4 as well as gain meter.

I hope that's more clear :)

SaJa
ok yea other than ex downslash and ex red dash or ex dagger cancels, u should never be using meter in a combo

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Ninj : I was more thinking about ex-red dashes in combo. It actually pushes hard the opponent in corner (eve on block lol). Especially b2, ex-rd. I think there is something to find out here.

Also, doing a ex-red dash after a 1, 1, 2, makes the first poke inefficient, right ?

Ninj

Ninj : I was more thinking about ex-red dashes in combo. It actually pushes hard the opponent in corner (eve on block lol). Especially b2, ex-rd. I think there is something to find out here.

Also, doing a ex-red dash after a 1, 1, 2, makes the first poke inefficient, right ?
....no.

on hit you're +8 from 1,1,2 empty dash. the only time someone could poke out is from an on block and ducking scenario. that's when an ex dash into up slash to counter a poke.

otherwise you're doing ex dagger frame traps on stand blockers...or you can safely empty dash off 1,1,2 hit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ninj

So yeah took me a year to finaly grow the testes to go through with maining skarlet. HAHLP PL0X?
Practice combos from my stickied combo list. work your way up from lower to higher damage.

practice iaBD's and standing dagger cancels.

understand how her pressure works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hey fellas, I just started playing with scarlet today. Ive not bothered to look up combos yet but I've been doing b2 overhead slas u3 air dagger 2 dash thingy into up slash thing dash 112.

1. Is this a good bnb starting place
2. Is there something to make the 2 of 112 connect more efficiently at the end of said combo

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Hey fellas, I just started playing with scarlet today. Ive not bothered to look up combos yet but I've been doing b2 overhead slas u3 air dagger 2 dash thingy into up slash thing dash 112.

1. Is this a good bnb starting place
2. Is there something to make the 2 of 112 connect more efficiently at the end of said combo
same combo with 2 rd downslash instead of upslash will make 112 hit better.

I also replace 2 with f4 because im dashing forward...but thats me.

AssassiN

Noob
So wait, what's the inputs again...what I'm doing is seemingly impossible

#IamMuffinMuggers
RD = Red Dash
DS = Down Slash
FD = Far Dagger
DC = Dagger Cancel

F4 + RD~DS, U3 + FD, 2 + RD~DS, 112
F4 + RD~DS, U3 + FD, 2 + DC, 112

Those are the combo's being used now-a-days as BNB's.
With the dagger it's easier to reset them higher resulting in more more advantage for Skarlet.

AssassiN

Noob
Something I discovered recently, U34 has an auto-correct. If the opponent changes sides(via teleport) then the 4 will automatically correct and turn around.

Guessing you guys already knew this, but you never know.

RD = Red Dash
DS = Down Slash
FD = Far Dagger
DC = Dagger Cancel

F4 + RD~DS, U3 + FD, 2 + RD~DS, 112
F4 + RD~DS, U3 + FD, 2 + DC, 112

Those are the combo's being used now-a-days as BNB's.
With the dagger it's easier to reset them higher resulting in more more advantage for Skarlet.
Thanks man. Yeah I just cannot get the second downslash to connect. And to think I used to bitch about reptiles njp combo.

#IamMuffinMuggers

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Depends on which string is cancelled into EX Dagger. Skarlet's 1,1,4 has +23 cancel advantage on block and the EX Dagger hits on the 19th frame so he can't reflect there, which is fucked up, but he can reflect after Skarlet's 2,3 (which usually isn't cancelled into EX Dagger by Skarlet players, because its also fucked up).
Love you red
:p

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Depends on which string is cancelled into EX Dagger. Skarlet's 1,1,4 has +23 cancel advantage on block and the EX Dagger hits on the 19th frame so he can't reflect there, but he can reflect after Skarlet's 2,3 (which usually isn't cancelled into EX Dagger by Skarlet players).
What about her f+2 1 2 1+2 string?

Hey guys, I'm delving pretty serious into skarlet, so expect lots of questions:D

What are her best anti air options, 2 seems reliable. What about f4?

#IamMuffinMuggers