What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
The things are fantastic(I think Luthors are slower? But that might just be the very hard AI being punish gods :3), this just struck me as an angle to look at the bombs I hadn't previously considerd. Possibly pushing them on to the moment of detonation at minimum putting them in blockstun so we can apply a mixup. Also I think I mentioned somewhere how annoyed I was Catwomans offense would push me off the bomb, so at elast in block theres something fun that can be done for a meter.
It's sounds like a great tactic actually, Hopefully it will be just as applicable with him as it is with Lex. It makes people think twice about coming in to pressure you when you put them on the screen, especially if you have meter, because push block is no joke from what I have seen. It puts you like half screen away.

It's sounds like a great tactic actually, Hopefully it will be just as applicable with him as it is with Lex. It makes people think twice about coming in to pressure you when you put them on the screen, especially if you have meter, because push block is no joke from what I have seen. It puts you like half screen away.
Yeah it pushes really far(which is why lex can probably use it better as his mines trigger on being stepped on). Though I am sad at no Adam I am reinvigorated by the notion that the version I played might very well be as unfinished as others and on April 19th Ill finally get to meet the real one :D (Comeon crouch M, show me your AA powaa!)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yeah it pushes really far(which is why lex can probably use it better as his mines trigger on being stepped on). Though I am sad at no Adam I am reinvigorated by the notion that the version I played might very well be as unfinished as others and on April 19th Ill finally get to meet the real one :D (Comeon crouch M, show me your AA powaa!)
The hype, it flows through our veins like the power of the gawwds.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Just some random info but a Black Adam had won 2/3 of the GAME tournaments so far.
Im using black adam tonight haha. Dont know if im registered properly because game are slack fuckers, but hopefully i can do something.

Backfire

Noob
Im using black adam tonight haha. Dont know if im registered properly because game are slack fuckers, but hopefully i can do something.
Haha yeah they didnt seem like to have the best organisation. i think a lot of people are going to be happy with black adam he plays really well.

I won my GAME tournament with catwoman btw :) good luck smokey

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Haha yeah they didnt seem like to have the best organisation. i think a lot of people are going to be happy with black adam he plays really well.

I won my GAME tournament with catwoman btw :) good luck smokey
Good stuff, i hope black adam is decent because he is honestly the only thing keeping me slightly interested in the game. If i dont like him then i wont be picking up the game haha

Backfire

Noob
Good stuff, i hope black adam is decent because he is honestly the only thing keeping me slightly interested in the game. If i dont like him then i wont be picking up the game haha
Thats a shame. but you should like him a lot, i think him and aquaman play really well and it shows a lot if 2/3 so far have won with black adam!

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Thats a shame. but you should like him a lot, i think him and aquaman play really well and it shows a lot if 2/3 so far have won with black adam!
Yeah, what was the level of gameplay like though for your tournament, these events are hit and miss for the most part people just get asked at the checkout when they are buying something, so god knows what sort of level people are on

Backfire

Noob
there were some people that had obviously played fighting games a lot before. the guy in the final with me got there by playing raven and he was out zoning everyone like crazy but there were a lot of people who just wondered by and joined in. if you know how to block and know the game mechanics you should be OK.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
there were some people that had obviously played fighting games a lot before. the guy in the final with me got there by playing raven and he was out zoning everyone like crazy but there were a lot of people who just wondered by and joined in. if you know how to block and know the game mechanics you should be OK.
Lets hope i know how to play this game then. 1st problem being that game actually didnt confirm with me if im signed up, and it was full to the brim at lunchtime today so i couldnt even go in and ask...hopefully some no-shows are there and mustard and ketchup can hook me up with a slot!

Backfire

Noob
yeah they didnt reply to me until i sent them another email asking about it. you could tweet them and ask too. GAME seem more active on twitter.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
yeah they didnt reply to me until i sent them another email asking about it. you could tweet them and ask too. GAME seem more active on twitter.
Just phoned up mustard and he got me on the list, so im confirmed to fuck shit up tonight!

i know OmegaK is gonna be there tonight , but who knows what other fighting gamers hole up in norwich, could be fun to find out :p

What are the sticks/cabinets like if you took much note of that? Im not a stick player so hopefully i dont get bashed around because of it, would be quite upsetting :p

Backfire

Noob
I'm not a stick player either but i have an injustice one now :p they arent too bad tbh once you get used to them.

button layout is :

X Y LB RB
A B LT RT

just have a few practice rounds and you should be ok

sorry i dont know ps3 notations.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I'm not a stick player either but i have an injustice one now :p they arent too bad tbh once you get used to them.

button layout is :

X Y LB RB
A B LT RT

just have a few practice rounds and you should be ok

sorry i dont know ps3 notations.
Cheers, i feel alot more prepared for tonight after speaking to you, hopefully some miracles happen and i get away with a cheeky win or two!

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Just phoned up mustard and he got me on the list, so im confirmed to fuck shit up tonight!

i know OmegaK is gonna be there tonight , but who knows what other fighting gamers hole up in norwich, could be fun to find out :p

What are the sticks/cabinets like if you took much note of that? Im not a stick player so hopefully i dont get bashed around because of it, would be quite upsetting :p
Good luck, KEEP DAT KAHNDAQ CHAMP STRUNK!

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Anything you want tested while i gots the chance?

Dont know how much free-play time there will be, but if theres anything specific you want to know i can try find out!
Just snatch up as much juicy frame data that can! Also, try and find a decent AA, that's something we have been stressing out about here lol. Anything along those lines would be totally awesome of you!

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Just snatch up as much juicy frame data that can! Also, try and find a decent AA, that's something we have been stressing out about here lol. Anything along those lines would be totally awesome of you!
If they let me i'l just take a photo of his pause screen with the frame data on it, if not il try get some written down.

AA should be easy, given this is a GAME store tournament you can expect the natural playstyle to be pogo-stick influenced.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
If they let me i'l just take a photo of his pause screen with the frame data on it, if not il try get some written down.

AA should be easy, given this is a GAME store tournament you can expect the natural playstyle to be pogo-stick influenced.
Sounds awesome, YOU DA BESS!!

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
I didn't wanna read the whole thread, but in case anybody was wondering. Black Adams d2 is his best AA. It's smokes standing 2, but you know. Crouching, one of thes best AAs in the game from what I've played

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I didn't wanna read the whole thread, but in case anybody was wondering. Black Adams d2 is his best AA. It's smokes standing 2, but you know. Crouching, one of thes best AAs in the game from what I've played
Well there is something for me to keep in mind then! lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Well if you have any other questions, ill be sure to answer them if I have the answer. I spent the majority of my time at wondercon playing black adam
I actually just found out I'm going to be able to get some play time in with him this weekend. I'll let you guys know if I find anything. :)