What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Well I'll have my hands on the full game next week. I'll be sure to have all the info(frame data, strings) probably a day or two in :)
I do have a quick question though. From what you played how do you combos seem? From what I have seen, they look long and painful but idk lol.

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
The hurt, I didn't get any long bnbs going since I didn't have actual 1 on 1 time with the game. But he does have reaaaally dirty setups. I messed around with his bomb traps and zoning more than anything

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yeah so I am going to wait til release day to play him. I don't support what's going on der if you know what I mean. From I noticed though there is tons of potential I can't wait. :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't wanna read the whole thread, but in case anybody was wondering. Black Adams d2 is his best AA. It's smokes standing 2, but you know. Crouching, one of thes best AAs in the game from what I've played
Sounds like it got the hoped for improvements since the version I played then, it lost to anyone pressing a button while jumping on me no matter how I timed it, I find that very good news :D

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Black adams zoning is only as good as the other characters jump. His bolts + black magic only hit at ground level, inside 3/4 screen both will get beat by jumps. His bombs are slow but they provide a little coverage, but only really after a knockdown or at full screen. You can get a knockdown canceled into the bomb and then you can divekick people on to it with blockstun, ala Cyber Sub, but i had trouble combo-ing off the explosion.

I didnt get alot of time to practice his combos, so i was just doing LLM~shocker and bM H uL to get them full screen, i couldnt get any juggles going and the pause/move list screen was glitched out so the moves were hard to read so i didnt bother taking photos, and i didnt get many games to test.

His Lightning can be enhanced if they jump the first one, and if they have a low/quick jump arc they will land on the lightning again, so thats quite cool, but meter is good.

His Trait was good for close up pressure, like if someone is advancing at me i would hit the trait on their way in so that if they get into melee range and im blocking, they are taking damge, but i couldnt get it to absorb batarangs or bats, only thing i managed to absorb was green lanterns rocket, so im not sure how good it really it, but it stays active for a while and takes little time to recover again.

His normals are quite good, but it seems he doesnt cover much space in front of him with his normals. Crouching M seems like an awesome launcher and anti-air from far jumps, but it loses to crossups (batmans jumping kick was a pain as he can swoop over the crouch M range) standing M had alot of startup for an anti air but had a similar animation/hitbox. His lighting field attack (db+H) seemed pretty good for anti air because his hitbox lowers in the startup, and i think i could combo off the enhanced version lightning cage .

I think at full screen, bolts and black magic can keep people in check if you time it to hit their landing, as a late full screen anti air, and the black magic has good hitstun which lets you throw a bolt for free if they dont immediately jump, so thats kinda shang/freddy like, his shocker has a similar hitbox/animation to shangs soul steal, and the pushback was quite good, but i dont understand what it gives on hit because i couldnt combo off either version.

Divekick can be EX-ed on reaction to hit and that launches and gives you a little juggle, and his close divekick is really good for jumping projectiles and getting back to ground quickly, it has a bad hitbox in the air though and most jumping attacks were hitting me out of the divekick. Best use was to put people on bombs as they approach or wake up, but if they get hit by the divekick the bomb wont connect, and on block your recovery makes comboing off the bomb difficult/impossible, so that needs more looking into.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Great write up Smokey! Lots of good stuff in there, also I see the Black Adam Dictator Society is growing in numbers! WE SHALL DESTROY EEEVVVEERRRYYOONNEEE!!

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
Black Adam is kinda like Akuma. He can zone but I feel like he's more of a heavy hitting aggressive character. And his trait is ok for pressure, but it's much better for getting in. The only downside is if you hit him below the knees or above the neck the orbs go away

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Black Adam is kinda like Akuma. He can zone but I feel like he's more of a heavy hitting aggressive character. And his trait is ok for pressure, but it's much better for getting in. The only downside is if you hit him below the knees or above the neck the orbs go away
I can see that, having not played the character I most certainly can't jump to conclusions about how he plays. He looks like a very strong counter zoner to me though.

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
Ya, I think at high level the trait is gonna be used for mix ups(since it doesn't cause hit stun) and getting in on zoners. Especially since his dash is Probably the fastest in the game from what I've seen and played. And so far most universal pop ups and wall bounces are like +15 and up. So I can see alot of use for that.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ya, I think at high level the trait is gonna be used for mix ups(since it doesn't cause hit stun) and getting in on zoners. Especially since his dash is Probably the fastest in the game from what I've seen and played. And so far most universal pop ups and wall bounces are like +15 and up. So I can see alot of use for that.
I'm pretty sure that's where the dash cancel strings are going to REALLLY come in handy in this game. It seems to me when you dash cancel strings the move you cancel into are the universal f3 b3 wall bounces which are really positive on block and pretty much allow free pressure. Even though it costs two bars, I can see this playing a huge factor in the mixup game, because not only could you get free pressure if you want, but you can also charge/dash cancel them like the wall bounce moves allowing you to either bait a move for combo or you can dash cancel it and mix it up even more with maybe a backdash to bait a jump and aa, or hell if you don't think they will expect it dash out into their face and throw. I think it will turn out to be very useful.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I am obligated to say that Awesomo is the greatest Black Adam that will ever live and that he owns my soul.

Here is him owning my soul:

Wow I don't even get a chance to touch the character before someone is declared da bess? That's cool I guess...I HATE YOU CHEF! ;__;

Edit: On a real note though DAAAAAYUUUMMNN! You got fucked up boy! :p

Frenchy BSM

Evil lies in the cold
You already KNOW black adam, I'll be using him! I really hope though he isn't the King Lao of this game because I don't know about you guys but like for tournaments I don't want to see the same match ups like Mk, kabal vs kung lao, kung lao vs jax or kabal vs kabal like it's annoying !-_- thats what I'm really hoping for.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
You already KNOW black adam, I'll be using him! I really hope though he isn't the King Lao of this game because I don't know about you guys but like for tournaments I don't want to see the same match ups like Mk, kabal vs kung lao, kung lao vs jax or kabal vs kabal like it's annoying !-_- thats what I'm really hoping for.
Then you might want to find another character bruh. Black Adam is gonna be DABESSS!

Frenchy BSM

Evil lies in the cold
Then you might want to find another character bruh. Black Adam is gonna be DABESSS!

No that's not what I'm saying I want this game to be balance like ssf4 or tekken where there no character that dominates all cuz their tier. Want it to be say el futete w.e his name is underrated fighter but in the right hands he can smack a ryu, gulie get me?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
No that's not what I'm saying I want this game to be balance like ssf4 or tekken where there no character that dominates all cuz their tier. Want it to be say el futete w.e his name is underrated fighter but in the right hands he can smack a ryu, gulie get me?
I was totally ldding dude haha. Also, SSFIV is absolutely not balanced haha. There's a reason that they are going to come out with a new patch.