What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Frenchy BSM

Evil lies in the cold
I was totally ldding dude haha. Also, SSFIV is absolutely not balanced haha. There's a reason that they are going to come out with a new patch.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Lol your joking right? Mk there's a huge tier gap if you use a b fighting a s, your dumb if you actually think mk isn't broken and sf isn't balanced. You see almost every char in tourneys mk you see about 5, I don't want this game to be oh my fav chars a low tier and so many people use top I gotta use top tier to win that's lame.

Lol your joking right? Mk there's a huge tier gap if you use a b fighting a s, your dumb if you actually think mk isn't broken and sf isn't balanced. You see almost every char in tourneys mk you see about 5, I don't want this game to be oh my fav chars a low tier and so many people use top I gotta use top tier to win that's lame.
I never stop using low tiers if my hearts in them.

That said, I rejoice whenever the characters I like end up top tier(Thank you Wesker and Phoenix, you make up for all the Goukens, Juris, marduks I play)

I was totally ldding dude haha. Also, SSFIV is absolutely not balanced haha. There's a reason that they are going to come out with a new patch.

SSF4 and Tekken are balanced. Better than MK at least.

Tiers will matter in Injustice, Black Adam might or might not be the ridiculous Kung Lao of this game.

If he is, so be it. If he's not, I better not see "dedicated" mains being dropped because he's low tier.

Remain Mortals.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Theoretically, Black Adam has all tools, to be , at least, at minimum, top 5 in this game.

For what we saw so far, he looks too badass to end being something less ....

Frenchy BSM

Evil lies in the cold
SSF4 and Tekken are balanced. Better than MK at least.

Tiers will matter in Injustice, Black Adam might or might not be the ridiculous Kung Lao of this game.

If he is, so be it. If he's not, I better not see "dedicated" mains being dropped because he's low tier.

Remain Mortals.
TRUUUUUUUUUUUU

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Wow, look at the random trying to put me on blast. I never said a thing about mk at all, so idk where you even got that idea. I am one of the most vocal people on the forums about MK9 being ass. If you think AE is so balanced then I want you to go to a tourney and play T-Hawk with the hoepes of taking that shit without any doubt at all...then go to the next with Akuma and see how much more confident you are. Imo KOF, TTT2 and SFxT are as close to being balanced as it's going to get right now. Maybe AE 2013 will be different, and I hope it will be honestly. However right now there are like the top 5 characters in the game, and them there is everyone else who loses to them. They each have like maybe 3 or 4 bad Mu's a piece, and there are a lot of characters in that game.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
SF4 is pretty balanced, a large volume of characters can compete. They are now just trying to figure out how to level the field even more :3
Like I said, there are the top five characters, and then there is everyone else. As it is right now it has the potential to be completely balanced, but it isn't.

Frenchy BSM

Evil lies in the cold
Wow, look at the random trying to put me on blast. I never said a thing about mk at all, so idk where you even got that idea. I am one of the most vocal people on the forums about MK9 being ass. If you think AE is so balanced then I want you to go to a tourney and play T-Hawk with the hoepes of taking that shit without any doubt at all...then go to the next with Akuma and see how much more confident you are. Imo KOF, TTT2 and SFxT are as close to being balanced as it's going to get right now. Maybe AE 2013 will be different, and I hope it will be honestly. However right now there are like the top 5 characters in the game, and them there is everyone else who loses to them. They each have like maybe 3 or 4 bad Mu's a piece, and there are a lot of characters in that game.
Ight ye I get you t hawk could do it but getting in would be way to hard but ye I get you I just used mk as an example because it's so obvious I'm just hopping it's not like that for injustice you know, hoped they learned

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Ight ye I get you t hawk could do it but getting in would be way to hard but ye I get you I just used mk as an example because it's so obvious I'm just hopping it's not like that for injustice you know, hoped they learned
well in their defense, they only just returned to a 2D plane in MK9, where other companies have had much longer to perfect it

NRS is still finding their magic formula :)

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Alright guys i had my hands on black adam for a couple hours the other night. If anyone has any questions about anything im down to talk about it. My thoughts at the moment are that hes not gonna be an in your face type of character really at all. He's much more about his setups and reactions with the divekick (which is almost always safe, and grants a free backdash for spacing). His strings didnt seem to be too great or bad but i didnt get too much into his frame data yet to see what all is good. He has good spacing tools in his Lightning storm is kinda like a soul steal just with less range (-3 on block). His Black Magic and Lightning strike are gonna be really good for zoning from what i was able to do. I didnt get to test and play too much with his lightning bombs but if you can master it then it just opens up a ton of options for him. His b3 doesnt have good range his f3 is probly better for MB usage in spacing.

Anything else just ask away and ill answer to the best of my ability.

Malec

Noob
would like to know if his lightning cage can be used as an anti air or is it just a filler move to extend combos

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
would like to know if his lightning cage can be used as an anti air or is it just a filler move to extend combos
His hitbox lowers and it hits above him yeah. The EX version gives a combo extention i believe.

His hitbox lowers and it hits above him yeah. The EX version gives a combo extention i believe.
But is it fast enough? The build I played(old one of course, I hope much has changed for the better) it was just to slow to react to a jumpin with. I already heard that d2 already antiairs much better than my experience with it so I'll be real happy if this one is just as viable :D

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
From what i could tell it didnt seem to AA that well but i didnt give it too many tries. I think other than for combos it can be used to lower his hitbox and possibly duck projectiles. It build a good amount of meter and its pretty quick too.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Yea, that must be the day 1 patch, because in the build I am playing Back H is still mad shit. No range.

On a side note, black Adam for one meter takes 30% away from you full screen.

Working on some setups for his lightning traps today. Should be interesting.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Now i'm a guy who was hype for Adam since this game was first announced, before they even announced Shazam, while people were saying BA had no chance because he would just be a clone.

But....After seeing the Arturo stream i'm worried, i'm worried that BA is gonna be overused.

I've always hated using overused characters, it makes me feel scrubby.

I'm still gonna use him, but this might make me reconsider my maining of him.

Malec

Noob
Now i'm a guy who was hype for Adam since this game was first announced, before they even announced Shazam, while people were saying BA had no chance because he would just be a clone.

But....After seeing the Arturo stream i'm worried, i'm worried that BA is gonna be overused.

I've always hated using overused characters, it makes me feel scrubby.

I'm still gonna use him, but this might make me reconsider my maining of him.
i also watched that stream and i was thinking, that those dive kick only strats will maybe work like in the first week against mega scrubs. black adam's black magic and lighting strike also dosent seem to be that great of zoning tools (to slow/both can be easy jumped). my opinion based on what i have seen so far, i think he will be one of the harder to use chars against good players and you will have to use some lightning trap setups.
i would not be to worried, that he will be overused, batman/superman/the flash/green lantern/deathstroke those chars will be overused

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Why do people care if a lot of people use a character? That just seems dumb to me. Every game is going to have characters that everyone likes or wants to play. Just play who you like and find the most fun.