What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I probably won't stick with BA as I prefer simple character(because I suck at everything), but I will play him casually, he is just way cool.
Some random ass gifs.

What makes him look so difficult in your opinion? Also, preciate dem gifs son. ;)

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
What makes him look so difficult in your opinion? Also, preciate dem gifs son. ;)
Difficult maybe not the best word to use, how about, not brain dead simple?

I need a fast rushdown character, with a one dimensional gameplan, and maybe a little overpowered.

Loving the recent gameplay demo(
) they posted up, had a couple of notes on it from what I remember from the RFD build, figured I'd share(subject to change of course, but watching this one really took me back to playing him so wanted to share some things.)

0:22 - Arrives like a BAUS, it's nice hearing him speak, sound was completely drowned out at the event.
0:29 - Back M overhead opening. I loved that thing, don't recognise the string he follows it with though, good forward movement I would have liked knowing that one.
0:32 - EX Boot like a baus(yeah I'm gonna overuse that, sorry in advance)
0:34 - Can't see the chain he does here with the camera changes, but he ends it with d,f+L(Lightning Storm)
0:43 - Wake up d,b+L(Black Magic) This move is way too slow for stuff like that, so I guess good guess that Oliver tried to transition him there :3 He then combos it into:
0:44 - Forward M, I really liked this move in footsies, but kept forgetting to chain after.
0:47 - Raw Black Magic again :3 This time better use as while not fast enough to react to green arrow its really good catching him holding his arrows and this one really shows off what a great combo juggle Black Magic creates.
0:51 - Throw, for once the camera angle changes actually happen in game.
0:53 - I don't like that he threw d,b +M(Lightning Bomb) at Arrow at this Range it's good to toss it at your own feet and then zone with other specials. After arrow hit Adam he could have gone in, his jumpins were real good, not to mention his crouching arrows(low hits) and jump arrows(high hits) mixup that he can employ. Lucky for him, Arrow decided to stay on it. They were not unblockable in my build, but I'm not sure if low block was needed, seems likely though.
0:55 - This piece of godliness is Jump M, see that 2nd movement he does after he hits? That hits behind Adam, well see him use it later in the vid
0:56 - Neutral L chain into interaction into back H, With how slow back H is(even slower if you charge it) this is great to know, as you can see when not in the corner it wallbounces instead of transition.(Not sure on this mechanic, I guess if you charge it it uses meter and can then transition? I never used this that way so Im sketchy on the details, I just know it is what CAN lead into transition)
1:00 - I have no idea what happened at the start of that clash, really weird looking
1:15 - Whiffs d, f +M(Lightning Strike)
1:17 - OUCH
1:29 - Theres that 2nd part of jump M, god that thing was delicious.
1:31 - AH so that's how you use d, b +H(Lightning Cage), I had no idea what to do with this thing, it's startup was so slow. so this combo looks like "crossup j.M, L, L, Trait, Lightning Cage, back H(wallbounces), j.M, (that string after back M overhead that I don't know again, db+M, M maybe? df?) into uhm... Airgrab? I didn't even know we had that :D I am smiling like a sumbitch right now if thats what that was.
1:40 - Now theres a pretty important range to take note of, that is pretty much max reach of the super, full screen is a definite no no.
2:04 - Like. A. BAUS.

I really enjoyed this vid, it's shown me several great things that adam can do for Day1 combos and we have airgrab maybe? Awesome :D That string I don't know is something I reallly really wish I had found before. Also we can cancel strings into trait into Lightning Cage? Oh God :3

Notables missing
Stand M - Kind of a standing uppercut, slow though
Stand H - Levitate Dropkick (Looks awesome, no idea if useful)
Forward+L Little Forward moving Knee, Probably a good footsie tool.
Down+M(d2?probably better notation that)) Juggle God, but not solid antiair :(
Down+H Not fantastic range, but looks awesome
d, b +H in air - His straight down Footdive, I think he always used forward and sometimes exed it to make safe. One of them might have been ex down dive though. Unless on top of an opponent this usually whiffed.

Hmmm come Demo... I guess I'm gonna mess about with Luthor? Naw probably gonna master all three of them before I can finally get back to Adam :( Come on April 19th, defy the laws of physics and get here sooner :(

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I think the air grab may have been a last minute addition, because the animation looks recycled from Shazam.
Specifically his low grab.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Loving the recent gameplay demo(
) they posted up, had a couple of notes on it from what I remember from the RFD build, figured I'd share(subject to change of course, but watching this one really took me back to playing him so wanted to share some things.)

0:22 - Arrives like a BAUS, it's nice hearing him speak, sound was completely drowned out at the event.
0:29 - Back M overhead opening. I loved that thing, don't recognise the string he follows it with though, good forward movement I would have liked knowing that one.
0:32 - EX Boot like a baus(yeah I'm gonna overuse that, sorry in advance)
0:34 - Can't see the chain he does here with the camera changes, but he ends it with d,f+L(Lightning Storm)
0:43 - Wake up d,b+L(Black Magic) This move is way too slow for stuff like that, so I guess good guess that Oliver tried to transition him there :3 He then combos it into:
0:44 - Forward M, I really liked this move in footsies, but kept forgetting to chain after.
0:47 - Raw Black Magic again :3 This time better use as while not fast enough to react to green arrow its really good catching him holding his arrows and this one really shows off what a great combo juggle Black Magic creates.
0:51 - Throw, for once the camera angle changes actually happen in game.
0:53 - I don't like that he threw d,b +M(Lightning Bomb) at Arrow at this Range it's good to toss it at your own feet and then zone with other specials. After arrow hit Adam he could have gone in, his jumpins were real good, not to mention his crouching arrows(low hits) and jump arrows(high hits) mixup that he can employ. Lucky for him, Arrow decided to stay on it. They were not unblockable in my build, but I'm not sure if low block was needed, seems likely though.
0:55 - This piece of godliness is Jump M, see that 2nd movement he does after he hits? That hits behind Adam, well see him use it later in the vid
0:56 - Neutral L chain into interaction into back H, With how slow back H is(even slower if you charge it) this is great to know, as you can see when not in the corner it wallbounces instead of transition.(Not sure on this mechanic, I guess if you charge it it uses meter and can then transition? I never used this that way so Im sketchy on the details, I just know it is what CAN lead into transition)
1:00 - I have no idea what happened at the start of that clash, really weird looking
1:15 - Whiffs d, f +M(Lightning Strike)
1:17 - OUCH
1:29 - Theres that 2nd part of jump M, god that thing was delicious.
1:31 - AH so that's how you use d, b +H(Lightning Cage), I had no idea what to do with this thing, it's startup was so slow. so this combo looks like "crossup j.M, L, L, Trait, Lightning Cage, back H(wallbounces), j.M, (that string after back M overhead that I don't know again, db+M, M maybe? df?) into uhm... Airgrab? I didn't even know we had that :D I am smiling like a sumbitch right now if thats what that was.
1:40 - Now theres a pretty important range to take note of, that is pretty much max reach of the super, full screen is a definite no no.
2:04 - Like. A. BAUS.

I really enjoyed this vid, it's shown me several great things that adam can do for Day1 combos and we have airgrab maybe? Awesome :D That string I don't know is something I reallly really wish I had found before. Also we can cancel strings into trait into Lightning Cage? Oh God :3

Notables missing
Stand M - Kind of a standing uppercut, slow though
Stand H - Levitate Dropkick (Looks awesome, no idea if useful)
Forward+L Little Forward moving Knee, Probably a good footsie tool.
Down+M(d2?probably better notation that)) Juggle God, but not solid antiair :(
Down+H Not fantastic range, but looks awesome
d, b +H in air - His straight down Footdive, I think he always used forward and sometimes exed it to make safe. One of them might have been ex down dive though. Unless on top of an opponent this usually whiffed.

Hmmm come Demo... I guess I'm gonna mess about with Luthor? Naw probably gonna master all three of them before I can finally get back to Adam :( Come on April 19th, defy the laws of physics and get here sooner :(
I really enjoyed the video, I had no idea about the air grab either, and I liked that they showed off those serious combos too. They all didn't seem to take as much meter as others. :)
I was looking at playing lex for the demo too.
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I think the air grab may have been a last minute addition, because the animation looks recycled from Shazam.
Specifically his low grab.
I thought maybe that was the case as well be,aide it isn't shown in the moves list of the older build.

I really enjoyed the video, I had no idea about the air grab either, and I liked that they showed off those serious combos too, and they were all didn't seem to take as much meter as others. :)
I was looking at playing lex for the demo too.
From what I could tell he almost never used meter in combos, he mostly used it on the divekicks, heck that huge lightning cage combo was 0 or 1 meter(I'm guessing the launch after cage was probably meter use, I never hit with it so not sure), seeing as he got that trait in there while he was at it, man I can't wait.(Come to think of it, the 2nd black magic use, the one he combos with a stage object might have also been a meter one)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Almost forgot to mention, HOW BOUT THAT CROSS UP AT 1:29?!?! That move looked like it shouldn't have even hit. I assumed that was the move they referred to in the shoryuken article. :)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
From what I could tell he almost never used meter in combos, he mostly used it on the divekicks, heck that huge lightning cage combo was 0 or 1 meter(I'm guessing the launch after cage was probably meter use, I never hit with it so not sure), seeing as he got that trait in there while he was at it, man I can't wait.(Come to think of it, the 2nd black magic use, the one he combos with a stage object might have also been a meter one)
That one looked meterless to me, but I honestly couldn't say.

Just rewatched it is definitely EX Black Magic on the 2nd one, when EX is used there's a THOOM sound effect(really allows you to see how late you can activate it for some moves)
EX list I noticed
0:32 - EX Footdive(no confirm just does it)
0:34 - EX Lightning Storm I missed that before, but you can see he confirms into it, also Adam ahas a little storm cloud appear next to him when he exes, funny.
0:47 - EX Black Magic (Instead of tiny Juggle state, Arrow is now launched towards adam at a high arch allowing the interaction to hit. Confirmed that Arrow held an arrow, not that the magic hit.
1:12 - Arrow uses EX to double AA arrow Adam
1:31 - Yep on rewatching I hear the thoom and spot the little cloud showing meter use, the launch part is EX Lightning Cage, can be confirmed.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I was just thinking about BA's bombs and figured I'd throw out a random thought. Couldn't you activate his trait against someone who is attempting to zone without the use of mulihit projectiles(like Deathstroke) and then use the trait to absorb attacks while you setup some bombs from full screen? Then you'd just react to what they do. Block bomb? Divekick to get in. Get hit? Throw more bombs. Jump? AA with something.

I was just thinking about BA's bombs and figured I'd throw out a random thought. Couldn't you activate his trait against someone who is attempting to zone without the use of mulihit projectiles(like Deathstroke) and then use the trait to absorb attacks while you setup some bombs from full screen? Then you'd just react to what they do. Block bomb? Divekick to get in. Get hit? Throw more bombs. Jump? AA with something.
With what AA? I mentioned thats one of the things I hadnt found yet :3 (Still hoping to find at least 1 come the 19th :( ) That might be the one weakness he has though, being forced to focus on fullscreen zoning and converting it to pressure once they get close or backing off with godlike back dash.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Now that FR is over im really gonna start looking toward injustice more and more. I look forward to finding all kind of broken shit with black adam. I hope to revolutionize as much of his game as possible just like i did with Rain.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
With what AA? I mentioned thats one of the things I hadnt found yet :3 (Still hoping to find at least 1 come the 19th :( ) That might be the one weakness he has though, being forced to focus on fullscreen zoning and converting it to pressure once they get close or backing off with godlike back dash.
No idea, don't have the game. I'm just assuming everyone will have an AA at this point, even if it's a mediocre or situational one.

No idea, don't have the game. I'm just assuming everyone will have an AA at this point, even if it's a mediocre or situational one.
I hope so as well man and I'm hoping it's just a command normal I missed or overlooked. 2 and d2 were the most likely candidates but d2 lost hard to people pressing a button and 2 seemed to slow but I never got to truly test AA with it. If d2 gets buffed with better hurtbox/hitbox ratio we'll be good to go though as we can do anything we want after it launches. It's just really small, more a jab than uppercut others have there.

So I been playing the demo, having tremendous fun combined with intense homesickness(None of the characters I tried out are in demo :( I really expected the trinity, not batman, wonder woman and superman(s archenemy).

However, said archenemey under very hard AI control did something to me I thought was very interesting, he tossed down lexes mine(midscreen version) while I was close and I went in to try and punish(but I was late and he blocked), he then pushblocked me right on top of the mine. Well needless to say as I was in the middle of an offensive string I wasn't downbacking and it caught me.

Now heres where our main man comes in, Luthors mine is virtually identical to our lightning bomb(places to put it, slow startup, hits low(iirc)) with the main difference being his triggers on contact and puts them in a stun state and ours is timed and knocksdown. This could be a very interesting situation and I now wonder if our back M(a forward moving overhead) is able to reach the opponent after the pushblock. THIS is why I hate the demo, I can't get to answering questions like this. Oh well, been playing Lex, time to try out Wonder Woman a bit.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So I been playing the demo, having tremendous fun combined with intense homesickness(None of the characters I tried out are in demo :( I really expected the trinity, not batman, wonder woman and superman(s archenemy).

However, said archenemey under very hard AI control did something to me I thought was very interesting, he tossed down lexes mine(midscreen version) while I was close and I went in to try and punish(but I was late and he blocked), he then pushblocked me right on top of the mine. Well needless to say as I was in the middle of an offensive string I wasn't downbacking and it caught me.

Now heres where our main man comes in, Luthors mine is virtually identical to our lightning bomb(places to put it, slow startup, hits low(iirc)) with the main difference being his triggers on contact and puts them in a stun state and ours is timed and knocksdown. This could be a very interesting situation and I now wonder if our back M(a forward moving overhead) is able to reach the opponent after the pushblock. THIS is why I hate the demo, I can't get to answering questions like this. Oh well, been playing Lex, time to try out Wonder Woman a bit.
Black Adam is the one and only thing I care about, I have simply been playing Batman to understand how this game works. As soon as it drops though, I'm going to be all Adam all day. I don't need anyone else except Aquaman, who will be my backup. I figured since Teth seems like such a strong counter zoner that a zoner would be a good fit to pair him up with just in case there are some MU's he can't handle. However we will have to wait and see I suppose. Btw, I think Adam's bombs are going to have plenty of usage even with the slower startup.

Black Adam is the one and only thing I care about, I have simply been playing Batman to understand how this game works. As soon as it drops though, I'm going to be all Adam all day. I don't need anyone else except Aquaman, who will be my backup. I figured since Teth seems like such a strong counter zoner that a zoner would be a good fit to pair him up with just in case there are some MU's he can't handle. However we will have to wait and see I suppose. Btw, I think Adam's bombs are going to have plenty of usage even with the slower startup.
The things are fantastic(I think Luthors are slower? But that might just be the very hard AI being punish gods :3), this just struck me as an angle to look at the bombs I hadn't previously considerd. Possibly pushing them on to the moment of detonation at minimum putting them in blockstun so we can apply a mixup. Also I think I mentioned somewhere how annoyed I was Catwomans offense would push me off the bomb, so at elast in block theres something fun that can be done for a meter.