What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
I play half the cast but i main Shazam and i want get just as good with a second i am looking at black Adam is he a good character to cover the angles shazam lacks, i have never really messed with him but i have fought plenty but never played
What I want to know how is he since the last patch is he still viable or not worth the time
Honestly someone posted something like this a page or two ago just read through the thread. In my opinion, is Black Adam broken and close to his former self? Not really. Is he still a threat? Absofrickinlutely. Just watch Rico Suave and Smarrgasm. The character still dominates although some matchups like against Raven have come more into question. He is in a similar boat as Superman. Both characters are still very good but always come under fire for not being as broken as they were. I play Shazam as well and worked on playing Black Adam as well. My problem is that his execution is a bit on the tougher side. Also I was not satisfied with my Shazam performance and chose to only play Shazam until I have the time or feel like picking up Black Adam again.

Error

DF2+R2
So F2 on hit causes a quick(ish) stand, it can catch people off guard especially if you use it in the corner at the last possible moment in a combo. It can be cancelled into lighting which will hit as they get up or you can go for B2 or mb F3, opponent can still roll/wake-up of course.
@AK Smarrgasm uh... @RM Truth not a lot of people left to tag lol

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
So F2 on hit causes a quick(ish) stand, it can catch people off guard especially if you use it in the corner at the last possible moment in a combo. It can be cancelled into lighting which will hit as they get up or you can go for B2 or mb F3, opponent can still roll/wake-up of course.
I'm still here !

Error

DF2+R2
@AK Smarrgasm @MajinBerserker @usedcarsalesmang @KHAOTIC_CHIEF_E_ this is neat tech, quickstands are the future. Black Adam no longer trash.

Last edited:

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
@AK Smarrgasm @MajinBerserker @usedcarsalesmang this is neat tech, quickstands are the future. Black Adam no longer trash.
I'll check it out dude. Thanks for tagging me so I saw this again.
F23 is an under used string, too. I played Killin' Natzees a few weeks ago and we had a mirror set. He used F23 a lot in footsies. On block, BA is in PERFECT range for B23 if the opponent tries to move forward or go for offense after they block the F23. Back dashing is a different story, of course, but that's to be expected.
I'll mess around with some F2 shenanigans. To me, it seems like after a naked F2- almost everyone will try to do something or move, exposing them to BA's offensive follow-up.