What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Looked at some more black adam gameplay. He looks definately unique, not a place where he belongs. His trait looks amazing though. The guaranteed damage your opponent eats is surprisingly high, and it means that black adam will make your opponent really regret attacking you. Similarly, it allows him to pass through zoners. And, it has a very short cooldown.

I can see him being very nasty once all the things are worked out.

Wouldn't be surprised if his trait is nerfed.
I've been trying to say that trait is gawlike lol, and it is definitely going to scare people. 5 seconds of recovery on it, and I think in total it does about as much damage as a throw. (I'm not sure about that though, I haven't actually seen all three orbs hit from the videos I've watched) He is going to be an AMAZING COUNTER ZONER, and meterless damage output looks great.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
The pushblock seems like it would be amazing against rushdowners for him. Gives him the opportunity to summon his orbs again.

So, not only does it give you the chance to get some breathing room, they eat lots of damage on their blockstrings.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
The pushblock seems like it would be amazing against rushdowners for him. Gives him the opportunity to summon his orbs again.

So, not only does it give you the chance to get some breathing room, they eat lots of damage on their blockstrings.
I agree, I think the trait is going to end up being one of his best tools overall. It has too much of an upside to not just use it all the time.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

I agree, I think the trait is going to end up being one of his best tools overall. It has too much of an upside to not just use it all the time.

Gruff757 It's imo one of the best win poses I have ever seen in a fighting game. SO FUCKING BRUTAL!

Gruff757

The Gruff
As baus as Teth is, I'm still maining Grundy.....then Teth....then Sinestro.....then whoever after that. Might have to use Raven in place of Circe since im pretty sure shes not ever getting in....-sigh-

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
As baus as Teth is, I'm still maining Grundy.....then Teth....then Sinestro.....then whoever after that. Might have to use Raven in place of Circe since im pretty sure shes not ever getting in....-sigh-
I respect that choice, Grundy looks really fun. I want to play at least one grappler/brawler just for funsies.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Actually I have a question, does anyone know if the lightning bolts hitbox went across the whole bolt or just at the end to hit the opponent? If that thing's hitbox took up the whole screen it would be deadly.

Wait? Light is L1? What the hell are the other two buttons then? I might be making some adjustments to my controller scheme lol.
No no I mean in the move list pics from RFD. You can adjust your buttons very easily and intuitive. It's just the sticks at RFD had the buttons laid out had them in weird positions. I played with the following scheme

L ight Medium Stage Throw
Heavy Trait Meter Stance

(L was LI, M was Square and H was triangle, it made very little sense, thankfully the button set was done by just pressing them)

I used that setup because L+H is throw so I shouldn't have needed the button, however it was very unresponsive, but my guess was that was the built in buttons fault as the stick itself would also suddenly get stuck in a particular direction, so probably not high quality(they were beautiful arcade machines though, I want one with better sticks and buttons :D) However Supers were awkward as that was Meter+Stance and I couldn't remember if stance switch also was a certain combination from the main buttons or not. Also the build was very obviously not complete due to some weird errors, like if you pressed pause that menu with both players moves show up and if you go to move list for details it gets laid over that simple list for both players making it very hard to read text upon text.

Adam felt really strong as a counterzoner so that is a good observation, GA's arrows while very good do little damage and Teth seemed to dole that out. Rush down seemed to be the hardest to deal with, but his backdash is godlike and if you Footdive over a opponent when your in the corner you get away scot free. So he may be more intended to either Zone out like crazy or rush down when youve got the hit but no up close defense. But I only had so much time, I really hope it was just something I hadn't found yet.

Edit:
Actually I have a question, does anyone know if the lightning bolts hitbox went across the whole bolt or just at the end to hit the opponent? If that thing's hitbox took up the whole screen it would be deadly.
It always quickly adjusted to their position, so as long as they werent airborne it would hit them in the shins.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Also the build was very obviously not complete due to some weird errors, like if you pressed pause that menu with both players moves show up and if you go to move list for details it gets laid over that simple list for both players making it very hard to read text upon text.
Wasn't that just a new feature? A quick reference of moves when a player hits pause for both players? Then you could go into the full moves list if you wanted to.

Wasn't that just a new feature? A quick reference of moves when a player hits pause for both players? Then you could go into the full moves list if you wanted to.
Yes but they hadnt programmed it right yet. So the text from the complete list with all the frame details would appear right on top of those simple move lists, making it very hard to read and distinguish. I have no doubt they'll fix that in the final :)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
No no I mean in the move list pics from RFD. You can adjust your buttons very easily and intuitive. It's just the sticks at RFD had the buttons laid out had them in weird positions. I played with the following scheme

L ight Medium Stage Throw
Heavy Trait Meter Stance

(L was LI, M was Square and H was triangle, it made very little sense, thankfully the button set was done by just pressing them)

I used that setup because L+H is throw so I shouldn't have needed the button, however it was very unresponsive, but my guess was that was the built in buttons fault as the stick itself would also suddenly get stuck in a particular direction, so probably not high quality(they were beautiful arcade machines though, I want one with better sticks and buttons :D) However Supers were awkward as that was Meter+Stance and I couldn't remember if stance switch also was a certain combination from the main buttons or not. Also the build was very obviously not complete due to some weird errors, like if you pressed pause that menu with both players moves show up and if you go to move list for details it gets laid over that simple list for both players making it very hard to read text upon text.

Adam felt really strong as a counterzoner so that is a good observation, GA's arrows while very good do little damage and Teth seemed to dole that out. Rush down seemed to be the hardest to deal with, but his backdash is godlike and if you Footdive over a opponent when your in the corner you get away scot free. So he may be more intended to either Zone out like crazy or rush down when youve got the hit but no up close defense. But I only had so much time, I really hope it was just something I hadn't found yet.

Edit:
It always quickly adjusted to their position, so as long as they werent airborne it would hit them in the shins.
Lol oooooooh ok, I was geeking out for a second all like WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?! lol Well that makes me feel better. :p Well he sounds about like what I've noticed so far, and I'm happy for that lol, I also noticed that his mobility was godlike. Hell I almost thought he was wave dashing in some of the videos I watched, and that back dash...OMG! It moves so far so fast lol. His low pokes weren't effective for getting out of pressure? They looked pretty fast, but I am only watching after all lol. Good to know about the bolts I was thinking about that yesterday and was just curious. Thanks for all this great feedback/info! I'm getting more hype with each post!

His low pokes weren't effective for getting out of pressure? They looked pretty fast, but I am only watching after all lol. Good to know about the bolts I was thinking about that yesterday and was just curious. Thanks for all this great feedback/info! I'm getting more hype with each post!
I must admit I realise I never tried to see what crouch L was like. Crouch M is a tiny upwards jab with almost no forward range and only a tiny upwards hitbox(most jumpins could beat it clean. Upside is it launches into juggle state and at minimum you can just super, but lab time can probably have big ass combos happen after. Crouch H has Shazam lightning punch the opponents feet(hmmm I think Dudley's sweep is the best example, but instead of pulling legs out from under them just straight lightning punch to the feet). Their might be hidden command crouch normals as I didn't try diagonals.
Back M is an overhead string starter and forward M uhm memory come on work with me.. an Abel step kick like move, seemed to have a simlar role(only going into a string instead of a dash cancel). Neutral M is another antiair hope, but my dieing stick issues at RFD kept making the 2 command Ms come out instead of it in a pinch(or maybe I just pressed the stick too long :3)

and Black Adams standing Heavy is Liek a BAUS

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I must admit I realise I never tried to see what crouch L was like. Crouch M is a tiny upwards jab with almost no forward range and only a tiny upwards hitbox(most jumpins could beat it clean. Upside is it launches into juggle state and at minimum you can just super, but lab time can probably have big ass combos happen after. Crouch H has Shazam lightning punch the opponents feet(hmmm I think Dudley's sweep is the best example, but instead of pulling legs out from under them just straight lightning punch to the feet). Their might be hidden command crouch normals as I didn't try diagonals.
Back M is an overhead string starter and forward M uhm memory come on work with me.. an Abel step kick like move, seemed to have a simlar role(only going into a string instead of a dash cancel). Neutral M is another antiair hope, but my dieing stick issues at RFD kept making the 2 command Ms come out instead of it in a pinch(or maybe I just pressed the stick too long :3)

and Black Adams standing Heavy is Liek a BAUS
Oh ok, sweet I was worried he might have ass pokes and this be a Reptile thing all over again. ;_; For the most part he sounds to have solid footsies at the very least. I'm thinking that once everyone gets their hands on him that he will have big combo potential so I'm not too worried on that end. Well if standing H is that good at least we know we can haymaker some mofo's lol. Yo' dat ole' busted joint on stick? hahaha

Oh ok, sweet I was worried he might have ass pokes and this be a Reptile thing all over again. ;_; For the most part he sounds to have solid footsies at the very least. I'm thinking that once everyone gets their hands on him that he will have big combo potential so I'm not too worried on that end. Well if standing H is that good at least we know we can haymaker some mofo's lol. Yo' dat ole' busted joint on stick? hahaha
Well its not that H is so good(i never hit an opponent with it, but its him levitating and then doing a drop kick(but you know, he leviattaes so no drop) it looks great and want to figure out all its uses. He has an L command normal that is a forward moving knee and his command M looks great as well as the M overhead also moves forward. Point blank felt harder as L is easily ducked, but slightly away might be more his feel. Or he might have some great strings I didnt even find(I wasnt looking for strings, I was trying out normal and special application mainly)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Well its not that H is so good(i never hit an opponent with it, but its him levitating and then doing a drop kick(but you know, he leviattaes so no drop) it looks great and want to figure out all its uses. He has an L command normal that is a forward moving knee and his command M looks great as well as the M overhead also moves forward. Point blank felt harder as L is easily ducked, but slightly away might be more his feel. Or he might have some great strings I didnt even find(I wasnt looking for strings, I was trying out normal and special application mainly)
OOooh I see what you mean lol. GAAAH SO MANY TOOLS!! That's really one of the best ways to go about learning characters anyway. :)

Let's hope we can end up finding something, because the last thing I want in this game after playing MK9 online so long is to be free to jump ins.
Tell me about it, in virtually every game I play I like to focus on those with fantastic antiairs, though not DPs, but people with a variety of highly functional AA normals that you need to switch depending on the range of a jump.

Though if the final version just reduces c.M hurtbox and buffs up the hitbox so its liek Arrows crouch antiair, we'll be just fine, despite its lack of forward range its juggle state is fantastic.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Somebody please make a black adam mainers thread.I would do one but I dont think I have enough cred for it(yeah He is gonna be my secondary).