What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
The bad part about this is they finally get Raiden right, and it's not even Raiden. ;_;

I've got a huge list of characters to run through. Once I can get NY hands on a capture card you know I'll be peen-slapping you with that delicious Black Adam tech.
You forgot to say trololololol

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: RYX

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I asked Nerd Josh about BA's EX moves and this was his response.

https://twitter.com/NerdJosh/status/315973370820837376

So we get three projectiles with the lightning... bomb? I believe is what it's called in the moves list. Interesting, was hoping for something for a little different but still good to know.

He calls it a lightning bolt, so I'm not entirely sure we're talking about the same thing but I believe we're talking about the ground projectiles and not the lightning when it comes to this.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

So we get three projectiles with the lightning... bomb? I believe is what it's called in the moves list. Interesting, was hoping for something for a little different but still good to know.
So he has a CSZ bomb trap in ways, it all sounds awesome. Really good stuff.

Edit: re-read it, and if I read correctly there is no ex trap, the lightning shoots out three bolts, the dive kick bounds and then there was the combo extender.

RYX PANDEMlC

Reactions: RYX

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo

Ah yeah, that's who it's most similar to. I was trying to think who had something similar to it in MK. At the very least it will make for some good laughs throwing it out, I always enjoy ending a round with a little mind game of dodge the projectiles.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo

Edit: re-read it, and if I read correctly there is no ex trap, the lightning shoots out three bolts, the dive kick bounds and then there was the combo extender.

RYX PANDEMlC

Hmmm, I see what you're saying. Odd if there is no EX "trap". I still have a feeling the ex version throws out 3 of them. Never heard of having a special move without having an ex version of it while having it for every other move.

JJocelot

Don't give up!

I think he's saying the bomb has no meter burn version, and the lightning cloud meter burn creates 3 bolts.

I think.

edit- I think someone else explained it while I was typing.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hmmm, I see what you're saying. Odd if there is no EX "trap". I still have a feeling the ex version throws out 3 of them. Never heard of having a special move without having an ex version of it while having it for every other move.
It does seem a bit weird to me too, but honestly they might've had it in before, but it could've just been a little too much and possibly took it out. Idk though I could've just misread it too. There are special moves in games that don't have enhanced versions, just not a lot. It is pretty rare.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I think he's saying the bomb has no meter burn version, and the lightning cloud meter burn creates 3 bolts.

I think.

edit- I think someone else explained it while I was typing.
Ok so I'm not the only one who read that. Good I'm not crazy...well scratch that...I just understood.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
It does look punishable, but it is fast and it looks like it could be made safe with his trait. :)

The RFD build version seemed to be punishable, but I didn't get punished every time(not sure if it was surprise or tight window that caused that though). I also felt like I could probably have comboed after on the times I hit, but I wasn't prepared for it, but hitstun seemed significant. I have a more thorough write up of my Black Adam experience in the"what can BA do" thread.

As for EXing the bomb, I noticed I couldn't, but what I never got to trying was doing burn during it's explosion. It indeed didn't go away on hit and saved me from combos from characters without lots of forward movement. Catwoman didn't care all her moves kept pushing me off the bomb.

Edit: after reading Joshs twitter message I think the 3 bolts hes referring to Lightning Strike, its the foot targetting lightning bolt(not Black Magic, the little storm cloud, iirc that one also does 3 hits on hit). I never tried meter burning it(didnt come to mind, it worked just fine normally, its a fantastic projectile). If EX does 3, I am very curious.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.

He calls it a lightning bolt, so I'm not entirely sure we're talking about the same thing but I believe we're talking about the ground projectiles and not the lightning when it comes to this.
YOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!!!
I think you guys are missing the best thing...RAGING STOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!
That move is a juggle beast and if Black Adam has Geese Howard's ability to do the same kind of juggles with his ex version that singular ability will allow him to get MAD extensions on stuff. It'll cost meter, but if the damage is good enough off of the conversion from the launcher it gives it'll be huge. The stuff Geese could get off of Raging Storm...God I miss that character. Him and Rock Howard both had that move and it was so beautiful for combos.

I used to just cheese it out if folks were on their last quarter health my doing the stuff at 1:11 of this vid. Think ex raging storm into regular raging storm. Its like the old Magneto stuff from MVC2.

BTW...does Black Adam have a command grab that anyone knows of? Geese Howard was known for throwing out Raging Storm point blank to induce mad block stun and then he could go straight into his command grab out of the block string and nail you for good damage off of nothing. If Black Adam has it start checking block stun immediately with this move and its EX version.

BTW...does Black Adam have a command grab that anyone knows of? Geese Howard was known for throwing out Raging Storm point blank to induce mad block stun and then he could go straight into his command grab out of the block string and nail you for good damage off of nothing. If Black Adam has it start checking block stun immediately with this move and its EX version.
All Adams moves can be blocked(Lightning Strike needs to be blocked low if iirc) and very sadly, lightning cage, while looking awesome was the move I used the least cause of its slow startup. Once combos get figured out itll probably be more useful(it strukc me as a corner combo ender) but a wakeup blockstun might also be a use. Also who knows if it had all the properties it was intended to have.

Nnnng I'm starting to get Black Adam withdrawal, I want to get back into the lab and figure his stuff out, he intrigued me and so many of his moves brought questions to my mind. (His standing H makes him levitate drop kick, does it go over lows? is it unthrowable? I want to play him again dammit)

Just a few more weeks.....

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
All Adams moves can be blocked(Lightning Strike needs to be blocked low if iirc) and very sadly, lightning cage, while looking awesome was the move I used the least cause of its slow startup. Once combos get figured out itll probably be more useful(it strukc me as a corner combo ender) but a wakeup blockstun might also be a use. Also who knows if it had all the properties it was intended to have.

Nnnng I'm starting to get Black Adam withdrawal, I want to get back into the lab and figure his stuff out, he intrigued me and so many of his moves brought questions to my mind. (His standing H makes him levitate drop kick, does it go over lows? is it unthrowable? I want to play him again dammit)

Just a few more weeks.....
I know...I haven't even touched him yet, but his collection of interesting move concepts has me in full theory fighter lab mode. I really want to see if I cant find ways to extend or throw setup off of Raging Storm with BA like Geese Howard. Slow startup though sounds like they may have found stuff like the Geese tech in QA already and nerfed it though lol.

I know...I haven't even touched him yet, but his collection of interesting move concepts has me in full theory fighter lab mode. I really want to see if I cant find ways to extend or throw setup off of Raging Storm with BA like Geese Howard. Slow startup though sounds like they may have found stuff like the Geese tech in QA already and nerfed it though lol.
I still really want to figure out what his main anti air tool is, he is fantastic vs people trying to zone him as all his specials hit grounded characters, but wonder woman was a real problem with all her airborne movement. Lightning cage was one of my hopes but it was too slow :(

BTW I noticed you put up that screenshot of his moves, those are from the 2p side, might be good to note. Also L1 is L, square is M and triangle is H.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
The RFD build version seemed to be punishable, but I didn't get punished every time(not sure if it was surprise or tight window that caused that though). I also felt like I could probably have comboed after on the times I hit, but I wasn't prepared for it, but hitstun seemed significant. I have a more thorough write up of my Black Adam experience in the"what can BA do" thread.

As for EXing the bomb, I noticed I couldn't, but what I never got to trying was doing burn during it's explosion. It indeed didn't go away on hit and saved me from combos from characters without lots of forward movement. Catwoman didn't care all her moves kept pushing me off the bomb.

Edit: after reading Joshs twitter message I think the 3 bolts hes referring to Lightning Strike, its the foot targetting lightning bolt(not Black Magic, the little storm cloud, iirc that one also does 3 hits on hit). I never tried meter burning it(didnt come to mind, it worked just fine normally, its a fantastic projectile). If EX does 3, I am very curious.
Awesome stuff man! Thanks for layin down the knowledge! :)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I still really want to figure out what his main anti air tool is, he is fantastic vs people trying to zone him as all his specials hit grounded characters, but wonder woman was a real problem with all her airborne movement. Lightning cage was one of my hopes but it was too slow :(

BTW I noticed you put up that screenshot of his moves, those are from the 2p side, might be good to note. Also L1 is L, square is M and triangle is H.
Wait? Light is L1? What the hell are the other two buttons then? I might be making some adjustments to my controller scheme lol.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Looked at some more black adam gameplay. He looks definately unique, not a place where he belongs. His trait looks amazing though. The guaranteed damage your opponent eats is surprisingly high, and it means that black adam will make your opponent really regret attacking you. Similarly, it allows him to pass through zoners. And, it has a very short cooldown.

I can see him being very nasty once all the things are worked out.

Wouldn't be surprised if his trait is nerfed.