What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Its +5 at the highest point so still very + when spaced correctly. But it takes away my huge gimmick of always dashing even on block. Thats a big thing that will take some adjusting.
hey thats my gimmick, i forbid everyone to use it, i wont be able to use it myself

nah, it still is useful, its a 6f gone 8f normal vs an opponent who has no idea a jab that fast is about to hit them

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Please do. Right now they're a big part of my game, after b1 T i always catch people with a b23 but people that actually know the MU block it and then they just eat like 4% on chip.

Granted i can continue pressure after b23 but what im trying to say is that at the end of the day all you get is chip without a low and maybe an occasional grab. That's why i wanted F2 to be a low.
thats because you shouldnt be doing b23 after any trait attempt, its parryable, superable, backdashable and has hella holes.

you do realise BA gets 14% damage everytime he TOUCHES an opponent with trait cancels, right? and its not that predictable when you do it on different string steps to trait, thats habitutation and conditioning and you can take advantage of it.

you have a sweep that does 13,5% on hit with trait cancels

you have a throw that does 14% ON TECH with trait cancels

you have free 6,5%chip in a game with no chip GTFO strings when someone gets close.

you have ways of checking people with d1 trait combo when others are forced to D1 special

you can chip out ppl

you can disallow careless rushdown

you have the mental mindfuck of, " you got in? i got trait on and i will frametrap you"

need I say B2 lightning is D1 and superable but they still eat the lightning if they poke you?

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
You are way off base with this. Ill give you a big ole write up on it later. But trust me, string trait cancels are HUGE for this character.

I would really like to see this write up, please do it eventually hah :D

Also, I didn't even realize that you went to GUTS2. Are you from new england? I was there, but mainly for SF. I played like shit in injustice ;_;

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I would really like to see this write up, please do it eventually hah :D

Also, I didn't even realize that you went to GUTS2. Are you from new england? I was there, but mainly for SF. I played like shit in injustice ;_;
--________-- I must have also been at that SoCal tourney as EGP Smerrgasm. Smurrgasm should have been a giveaway that it was not me. I live in Georgia.

I mean most of the write up is already on here minus a few things that are just personal special ones. Ill edit in my stuff about it thats important though.

EDIT-Here you go guys that wanted it...

Trait cancels give you first and foremost the ability to get 46% meterless and 55% for a bar off of b2 trait. There is nothing to hit confirms because no matter what the 22 is guaranteed and on block confirm can be made into 223 which is +2 on block as well. So thats amazing.

This also helps because is you whiff punish with b2 trait in open space it is not as bad as b23 on whiff if you do miss and if it antiairs it leads to a much better combo than AA b23.

Off other strings it gives you easily free checks with a lot of his strings and even helps to add in Ex lightning as a more legit mixup.

The most effed up thing about them is that off the right strings, if you go into throw, they must tech the throw because of the advantage you are at or they will eat a 19-23% throw which even if they tech will do 6-10% damage in most cases FOR TECHING A THROW.

Since trait comes back so often its not like there is a true negative to trait cancelling anyway. Its free damage.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
--________-- I must have also been at that SoCal tourney as EGP Smerrgasm. Smurrgasm should have been a giveaway that it was not me. I live in Georgia.

Are you serious? lmaoaoao that handle mind game.. holy shit my brain is fried right now. Brb

i believe i said years ago that ex lightning is good in pressure and i was goofed at for it... i mean the trait kind of masks it visually too and adds chip.... just dont do it every fucking 10 seconds... reaction is aided by expectation... btw back 1 into 22 works like a charm... especially in the corner

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Soo I walked into a mom & pops comic shop yesterday and saw blackest night shazam.
http://ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/NOV090119.jpg

I'm not very familiar with comics at all, only recently interested thanks to injustice. Now is this blackest knight Bladam? I figured considering he's climbing out of a sarcophagus. (and it looks almost identical to this outfit http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-f-Dy4kZLXi8cUokCTcKUQEDIK0QQFW02P82bYhnE3_sDx24I )

NRS, give me blackest night and new52... please.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Soo I walked into a mom & pops comic shop yesterday and saw blackest night shazam.
http://ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/NOV090119.jpg

I'm not very familiar with comics at all, only recently interested thanks to injustice. Now is this blackest knight Bladam? I figured considering he's climbing out of a sarcophagus. (and it looks almost identical to this outfit http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-f-Dy4kZLXi8cUokCTcKUQEDIK0QQFW02P82bYhnE3_sDx24I )

NRS, give me blackest night and new52... please.
That is Osiris. :)

I was messing around with Black Adam's nerfed dive kick
I found that his regular dive dive kick is un-punishable on reversal(still can't backdash out)
when executed at the absolute lowest point on a characters body.
His MB divekick also seemed to give a free B23 check when preformed at the lowest point on a characters body.

So I guess a perfectly executed dive kick still can't be punished by anything except Superman's Super...

What do you think someones chances are of preforming perfect divekicks in tournament?
AK Smarrgasm

Error

DF2+R2
I was messing around with Black Adam's nerfed dive kick
I found that his regular dive dive kick is un-punishable on reversal(still can't backdash out)
when executed at the absolute lowest point on a characters body.
His MB divekick also seemed to give a free B23 check when preformed at the lowest point on a characters body.

So I guess a perfectly executed dive kick still can't be punished by anything except Superman's Super...

What do you think someones chances are of preforming perfect divekicks in tournament?
AK Smarrgasm
It's probably still not going to be punished as often as it should because the opponent has to be on point, kind of like Reptile's elbow dash in MK9. As long as we're scarce with regular divekicks now.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
yeah…. what still works after the fixes, etc…
Zoning, footsies. Just playing solid. He lost regular DK, and got a dmg nerf to ex cage combos. He can still throw lightning bolts just fine, and still whiff-punish with b2 just fine. Same character, made better because of d2.

Just get familiar with b2 spacing, his backdash range (which is amazing, and I'm very surprised that was left untouched) so that you can bait jumps and whiff punish with b2, etc etc.
Learn his strings, frame traps. There's lots of info in the combo thread, and in here :D

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
yeah…. what still works after the fixes, etc…
learn this in no particular order:
1) After the patch, learn to maximize your meterless damage
2) always meter burn your dive kicks
3) Learn your frame traps, how they can and can't be escaped, and your hit confirms for each.
4) Now that you have an AA try to either work on d2 combos, how to trip guard or both. Air to airs also work in adams favor a majority of the time with j1.
5) learn your dash and normal ranges as well as the other characters. (Kind of a basic part of the footsie game in igau, but is kind of vital to Black Adam's game)
6) learn how to use your zoning tools.
7) learn how to use your trait cancels.
8) oki setups are pretty useful. Learn when it's good to use lightning, black magic or bombs on wake up.

Those are just kinda some general things. If you want specifics feel free to hit me up.